PDA

View Full Version : 'I Still Like The "Old" Atlanta - BUT...'

Panther_99FS
September 6th, 2009, 21:41
Tonight's race was an EXCELLENT race with all the sliding....:applause:

wombat666
September 7th, 2009, 00:20
We get Saturday's race on Sunday nights and Sunday's race on Monday nights .......:kilroy:.................I can't tell the difference nost of the time!!

With all due respect, NASCAR telecasts must be up with the crappiest I've seen!
Too much inane drivel about 'how things work', long range on track coverage as well as 'direction' from 'The Art of the Leading Racecar' graduates.
:a1451:

I want to like the racing but it's not easy!

Cazzie
September 7th, 2009, 03:24
We get Saturday's race on Sunday nights and Sunday's race on Monday nights .......:kilroy:.................I can't tell the difference nost of the time!!

With all due respect, NASCAR telecasts must be up with the crappiest I've seen!
Too much inane drivel about 'how things work', long range on track coverage as well as 'direction' from 'The Art of the Leading Racecar' graduates.
:a1451:

I want to like the racing but it's not easy!

Thank you Mr. Wombat, you are so correct. That is what has ruined NA$CAR along with NA$CAR's inane political moves during races, and the stupid inane, redundant commercials thrown at us.

Personally panther, I went to bed, I have a 10:00 PM deadline and I went over Saturday night watch VT play Bama. IMHO, in the current way of coverage, NA$CAR needs to shorten every 500 mile race by 100 miles, they just take too long.

But the commentators, whether it's FOX, TNN, or ESPN are all about themselves and all that up close and in person BS that is thrown at you all the time when they could be showing what one tunes in for in the first place, the race!

Same can be said for versus cycling coverage as opposed to Universal Sports' coverage, VS has all the bloated BS, but US just shows the race, BRAVO, bring on NA$CAR on Universal Sports. In my halcyon youth, we never listened to commentary, we got high, watched the game, and listened to music. :icon_lol:

Caz

EasyEd
September 7th, 2009, 09:48
Hey All,

What to say about the announcing? Never good when it switches from Daryl and Larry to Rusty, Brad and whoever the other guy is. But at least it is better than when it was the old guy who passed away (RIP). As for ads well there are more minutes of advertising per hour all the time. How else do broadcast networks maximize revenue? And of course we get to pay money to see them. Good racket if you can get into it.

As for the race - to me it was really odd for a race at Atlanta. Really tough to get a handle on the cars. Loose tight loose in a corner how do you fix that? And then the tire wear and performance just didn't seem to be consistent. One set of tires behaved differently during a run than the last set - more so and in more variable ways that the changing environment would ordinarily dictate - what are you supposed to expect? I think the race was really influenced too much by inconsistent tires. To me it was all a roll of the dice on the last pit stop. Either Harvick, Kahne or Montoya - who had the best cars by then - were going to get lucky and get a good set of tires that matched their car and conditions - it was Kahne.

-Ed-