PDA

View Full Version : Peter Frampton

Trans_23
September 6th, 2009, 06:45
I went to see Peter Frampton last night as he was playing locally. For a guy that has been around a while he can still rock the house. I took some phone video but as usual it is horrible quality and upside down. :bump:
Here is a link (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1100298) so you can see what he looks and sounds like now. We were joking that he looks like my buddies dad when we first saw him. He was the last in a summer concert series held by New Lenox that included The Gem Blossums and The Blues Travelers. Frampton was by far the largest draw.

Snuffy
September 6th, 2009, 06:56
Ol Pete still has it ... funny what age does for a guy though ... LOL!

Thanks for sharing. Peter is a great!

Al9WmowJ3bQ

Navy Chief
September 6th, 2009, 07:29
I chauffeured him in Indy, back in 1978. I remember waiting by the limo for him after the concert, and scores of fans were on the upper parking deck, leaning over the edge, shouting, "Hey man......which limo is Peter riding in?" (there were several limos for the band members). I couldn't help myself in saying sarcastically, "You don't know, do you?" About 2 seconds later, a beer can barely missed my face, and smacked the hood of the limo. That was the last time I tried anything like that!

NC

Chacha
September 6th, 2009, 07:46
Peter aged very gracefully, he still has the same charisma, i love his songs, it brings back memories.

Thanks for sharing! I still play his music on Pandora!

OBIO
September 6th, 2009, 08:10
Yep, Pete sure can rock! When I was a kid, I had a life size poster of him....and had no clue who he was. All I knew is that I had a really cool target to shoot with my Red Rider BB gun (and no, I didn't put my eye out, though I did put a nice hole in my sister's hand). A few years later, I picked up a copy of Peter Frampton Comes Alive and then wished I had kept that poster.

Some years later, I found out that Peter and I share birthdates (different years, same day). April 22. Along with Bettie Page and Bernadette Peters and my cousins, Nyra and Shawna.

OBIO

Willy
September 6th, 2009, 09:19
He was the last in a summer concert series held by New Lenox that included The Gem Blossums and The Blues Travelers.

Never was much of a Frampton fan, but I do like the Gin Blossoms. One of few more recent bands that I do like.

Navy Chief
September 6th, 2009, 12:16
I'm watching one of his concerts on Netflix online right now. He definitely can still ROCK!!! I would love to go see him in concert again.

NC

Trans_23
September 6th, 2009, 12:21
Never was much of a Frampton fan, but I do like the Gin Blossoms. One of few more recent bands that I do like.

I didn't go to the Gin Blossoms. The people I talked to that went said it was a good concert but not great. They did a lot of cover songs. I really don't know any of their work so unless I recognized the song from the original it wouldn't have made a difference to me.

cheezyflier
September 6th, 2009, 14:15
there used to be an old commercial with him and les paul. some kid is talkin to les paul as they are walking out of the studio, and there is a wino sitting on the stairs. (it's frampton) he looks up at them and says "oh yeah? well i used to be peter frampton!!"

demorier
September 6th, 2009, 23:24
You might like to check this one out. One of Ringo Starr's "All star bands" during the 1990's. I've got a bit of this stuff on my mp3 player. Frampton on lead guitar. Simon Kirke from Free belting out there classic "All right now".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzRLUqBoUP4

tigisfat
September 7th, 2009, 00:16
"Far out man!! That dude's makin' his guitar talk!" :mixedsmi::icon_lol:

Navy Chief
September 7th, 2009, 04:18

Frampton is truly one of the greatest guitar players, ever.

NC

cheezyflier
September 7th, 2009, 06:41
i always wanted a talk box for my guitar, but not to actually talk through. i like the way you can wah with it. i don't know how to describe the effect you can produce with it, but it's cool, and more people use it that way as far as i know, than the peter frampton way. i can remember a time back in the day when "feel like i do" was a keg party must play

Snuffy
September 7th, 2009, 06:43

GDiy0Wmj9l0

Brian_Gladden
September 7th, 2009, 07:12
Saw Pete a few years ago opening for Journey... Place went nuts when he did "Feel Like I Do"

idancesafetydance
September 7th, 2009, 17:47
Saw Pete a few years ago opening for Journey... Place went nuts when he did "Feel Like I Do" I was one of the people to go nuts... who couldn't?