PDA

View Full Version : Ship Sims

Zoren
September 6th, 2009, 05:45
I have been looking around, without much like, for a ship simulator. I have found the Ship Simulator 2008 but thought there was another one. The other allowed for boats and even subs. If I remember it allowed for shooting of guns too.

Thanks.

Typhoon Willy
September 6th, 2009, 05:47
Hi,

Perhaps you may have been thinking of Silent Service II?

TW

Lionheart
September 6th, 2009, 07:41
I have seen that simulator. There are a ton of downloads for it, from old sailing ships to battle ships to speed boats to yachts to nuclear submarines. Looks like a pretty cool sim.

Bill

cheezyflier
September 6th, 2009, 14:11
i have been kinda curious about ship sim also. does it simulate currents, and wind, and rough seas?

Zoren
September 6th, 2009, 16:47
I finally found it, about 3-4 pages in on google search for "ship simulator". It is called Virtual Sailor (http://www.hangsim.com/vs/). Pretty cool as you can shoot at other boats and you can even use subs.

So the 2 I know about are Ship Simulator 2008 and Virtual Sailor. Not sure if there is more.

Also, look around the Virtual Sailor site as they make a flight sim too. Haven't tried it yet though.

Lionheart
September 6th, 2009, 19:23
i have been kinda curious about ship sim also. does it simulate currents, and wind, and rough seas?

CF,

The demo I had, had perhaps 3 ships and a speed sailboat. You have positions on the ship like we have in FS view modes, like down in the galley, bed area, steering station, front bow deck zone, etc. The water was FSX quality and this was before FSX came out. The terrain when you came to land was nice as you have lights from buildings just like FS. You also have the same forms of navigation just like in FS but 2D naval nav, compass and all.

Very impressive. I wish I knew (remembered) the actual name of the sim it was that I demmoed.

Bill

Collin
September 6th, 2009, 19:28
I have been looking around, without much like, for a ship simulator. I have found the Ship Simulator 2008 but thought there was another one. The other allowed for boats and even subs. If I remember it allowed for shooting of guns too.

Thanks.

Ask in the naval forum.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

regards Collin:ernae:

cheezyflier
September 7th, 2009, 06:54
CF,

The demo I had, had perhaps 3 ships and a speed sailboat. You have positions on the ship like we have in FS view modes, like down in the galley, bed area, steering station, front bow deck zone, etc. The water was FSX quality and this was before FSX came out. The terrain when you came to land was nice as you have lights from buildings just like FS. You also have the same forms of navigation just like in FS but 2D naval nav, compass and all.

Very impressive. I wish I knew (remembered) the actual name of the sim it was that I demmoed.

Bill

so, that's a "no" then?

if the ship doesn't rise and fall with the waves, and deal with currents and winds and all the other stuff, i wouldn't get it. if it did have those things though, it would be fun to try and navigate antartic waters and chase down the whalers.