PDA

View Full Version : Drought !!

Javis
September 6th, 2009, 04:11
All of a sudden my FSX seems to suffer from an enormous ecological catastrophe : all waters seem to have been dried up ( except the 7 seas ) i.e. there's land now where there used to be water.... as a water lover a terrible site to see ! :eek: :crybaby:

Actually i'm not unfamiliar with this phenomenon, everybody that has MegasceneryX Hawaii is probabely not. Once installed you'd find Oahu surrounded by land instead of the Pacific, easily fixable by downloading and installing a small patch released by Megascenery.

However this time around the patch doesn't solve the problem anymore.....:pop4:

I have tried rebuilding the scenery.cfg as well as the FSX.cfg without any success. I have also uninstalled various sceneries of which i thought might have something to do with it. No success neither.

I have even uninstalled my newly installed PMDG BAe JetStream 4100. I can't really imagine a new aircraft installation has anything to do with this messed up scenery situation but fact is that this global land reclaim happend right after installation of the Jetstream... :confused:

Before having to bite the sour apple and reinstall FSX i was wondering if there's anybody here who might have another suggestion to solve this problem and re-open the floodgates.... ??

Any help highly appreciated !

Cheers,
Jan

jetstreamsky
September 6th, 2009, 04:25
Last time that happened to me also around Hawaii, it was due to FTX Mode being ON, so if you have the ORBX scenery you might look at that.

papab
September 6th, 2009, 04:32
All of a sudden my FSX seems to suffer from an enormous ecological catastrophe : all waters seem to have been dried up ( except the 7 seas ) i.e. there's land now where there used to be water.... as a water lover a terrible site to see ! :eek: :crybaby:

Actually i'm not unfamiliar with this phenomenon, everybody that has MegasceneryX Hawaii is probabely not. Once installed you'd find Oahu surrounded by land instead of the Pacific, easily fixable by downloading and installing a small patch released by Megascenery.

However this time around the patch doesn't solve the problem anymore.....:pop4:

I have tried rebuilding the scenery.cfg as well as the FSX.cfg without any success. I have also uninstalled various sceneries of which i thought might have something to do with it. No success neither.

I have even uninstalled my newly installed PMDG BAe JetStream 4100. I can't really imagine a new aircraft installation has anything to do with this messed up scenery situation but fact is that this global land reclaim happend right after installation of the Jetstream... :confused:

Before having to bite the sour apple and reinstall FSX i was wondering if there's anybody here who might have another suggestion to solve this problem and re-open the floodgates.... ??

Any help highly appreciated !

Cheers,
Jan

Do you have UTX on your machine?

Start the UTX Setup Tool (click on the icon) and during the self-check,it will add back in the required UTX entries.

After it runs the setup tool,close UTX open FSX and see if that works....

EDIT: If you are running FTX you need to go this link: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=13449.0 (http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=13449.0)

Run the SP3 and the other two updates. This cures the problem.....

Rick

Pepere
September 6th, 2009, 04:57
It's just the sign of the times! :icon_lol:

David

PS: When it did that it would be awesome if the actual terrain was visible!!

Javis
September 6th, 2009, 07:38
Thanks very much, Rick ! I'm sailing again !:jump: ( Phewww!! If there's anything i can do without it is re-installing FSX ! :isadizzy:)

Yes, i use UTX and FTX, installing FTX SP3 did the trick.

Have been using FTX (AUGold,Cessnock,Aeropelican ) for a couple weeks now without any problems. No waters missing anywhere... Any idea why this water problem turned up all of a sudden.....?? Shouldn't it already have exposed itself after AUGold installation i wonder..... ? :rolleyes:

Anyway, happy sailor here again, thanks very much for the tip, Rick ! :ernae:

Cheers,
Jan

Javis
September 6th, 2009, 07:40
It's just the sign of the times! :icon_lol:
David PS: When it did that it would be awesome if the actual terrain was visible!!

Hehe, now THAT would be something ! :d

Cheers,
Jan

Meshman
September 6th, 2009, 08:39
...Any idea why this water problem turned up all of a sudden.....??

Without going into the boring details, the old version of the FTX tool used it's version of the Terrain.cfg file, making a copy of the pre-existing version. The pre-existing version contains the information that UTX needs to display it's scenery enhancements. Forgetting to turn FTX OFF means you have all of the UTX exclusionary actions are still active through the Scenery Library, but there is no ability to display the enhanced scenery effects of UTX as the Terrain.cfg entries are sitting in some backup file.

But that only affected a "few" users per the ORBX man. Seemed like few hundred, IMO.

papab
September 6th, 2009, 16:37
Thanks very much, Rick ! I'm sailing again !:jump: ( Phewww!! If there's anything i can do without it is re-installing FSX ! :isadizzy:)

Have been using FTX (AUGold,Cessnock,Aeropelican ) for a couple weeks now without any problems. No waters missing anywhere... Any idea why this water problem turned up all of a sudden.....?? Shouldn't it already have exposed itself after AUGold installation i wonder..... ? :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Jan
Glad I could help Jan!

papab
September 6th, 2009, 16:38

Cheers,
Jan

Now that you have SP3 you will not have any other problems

Javis
September 6th, 2009, 18:39
Rick, thanks much again ! :icon29:

Meshman, thanks a lot for the explanation! I just might have forgotten about that FTX ON/OFF thingie before installing other scenery..... Lesson learned !

Cheers,
Jan