PDA

View Full Version : 2009 SimFlight Awards

CodyValkyrie
September 5th, 2009, 22:30
Voting is open!

Cheers and good luck to everyone involved.

http://awards.simflight.com/2009/

-Cody

Kiwikat
September 5th, 2009, 23:22
Why isn't there a category for best promotional videos? :kilroy: :mixedsmi:

CodyValkyrie
September 5th, 2009, 23:36
LOL. I can only wish mate.

Piglet
September 6th, 2009, 01:10
No freeware?!? Guess it's all about payware these days. Not that I care, I just remember times past, when freeware dev's were profiled, given space on magazine CD's, given awards, mentioned in articles, etc. I'm talking about other dev's, not just myself.

Kowalski65
September 6th, 2009, 03:26
Yeah,the only freeeware mentioned in,e.g. PC Pilot, nowadays, is the downloads included on the discs! There should be a freeware equivalent of each catagory.
And why isnt the A2A B377 included in the nominees????

some1
September 6th, 2009, 03:34
377 is too old:

The products below were nominated by The simFlight Network and include only commercial Flight Simulator Add-on products released between September 25th 2008 and August 28th 2009.

arrowmaker
September 6th, 2009, 05:02
Fairly straightforward votes for me. Except that is for section 5:Aircraft, Military, Vintage, Space. Nearly everyone a classic and a tough call.

Tweek
September 6th, 2009, 05:45
I always find it difficult to vote in these. People obviously aren't going to vote for things they don't have, and upon reading the lists, I realise I don't have half of the addons listed!

I should imagine the VRS F/A-18E is an absolutely fantastic addon, with all the work that has gone into it, and I could see myself voting for it if I had it for FSX, but I don't, so I can't really make that my choice.

Oh well, the two votes I have made should hopefully be a worthy contribution!

Lionheart
September 6th, 2009, 08:09
No freeware?!? Guess it's all about payware these days. Not that I care, I just remember times past, when freeware dev's were profiled, given space on magazine CD's, given awards, mentioned in articles, etc. I'm talking about other dev's, not just myself.

Actually Tim,

I think some can still vote for freeware planes. These, I believe are choices by the public (if I am correct). Might be too late to nominate planes.

I agree, there were times when Freeware had even ground with payware. Payware has become a super science now and freeware has almost died off because of its sophistication.

Bill

Bjoern
September 6th, 2009, 08:53

"Bear's Corner" (or whatever it was called) on Avsim was a great read and portrayed some awesome freeware.

Ah, good old days...

VFR Reviews
September 6th, 2009, 10:32
Too bad Alderney wasn't mentioned :(

CodyValkyrie
September 6th, 2009, 10:34
Too bad Alderney wasn't mentioned :(
I'm glad I was not the only person that noticed this. Shame. Still, some dang good contenders.

jdhaenens
September 6th, 2009, 16:01
Yup, bummer on the lack of freeware. Noticed the same thing last year and mentioned it in my most recent rant. My stuff's been in the cover CD of PC Pilot a couple of times though, so it's getting at least a little press.

I did vote for the Kodiak Quest, but was torn on the military aircraft. The only one of the group I have is the Catalina. I'm waiting on the FSX version of the Super Bug.

Jim

Tim_Horton
September 6th, 2009, 16:23
I voted for only 3 things, REX2, l-39 albatross (A MUST HAVE for training) and Lion Hearts Kodiak!@

Cazzie
September 6th, 2009, 16:26
Same here Tim, I merely voted on items I have, REX2, A2A P-47D, and Lionheart's Kodiak.

Caz

Kavehpd
September 6th, 2009, 17:08
Abacus Military Helicopters 2 is on the same list as Dodo and Cera? Wilco A380 and PMDG?

How the hell did they come up with this short list? Random brain farts?

p.s. I am able to start voting again and again. Doesn't log and block my IP to avoid duplicate votes. Is this a lame joke?