PDA

View Full Version : Instant Enhancer; anybody have this...

jkcook28
September 5th, 2009, 07:48
and if so any comments about it?

http://www.cielosim.com/instantenhancer.htm

Thanks

Felixthreeone
September 5th, 2009, 09:47
I do not; However...you may also want to check out Real Environment extreme which will be out for FS9 sometime in the next year or so....looks great and if the FSX version is an indicator, does the same as instant enhancer but better. Just bought Live ATC chatter from Ceilosim, and support is non-existant. I had one question, and it hasn't been addressed. So no more $$$ from me.

jkcook28
September 5th, 2009, 13:32
tks Felix, I can wait for REX.

BTW, maybe try their forum to get an answer from them?

AckAck
September 5th, 2009, 17:47
Wasn't the FS9 version of REX (Real Environment Pro) available for FS9 already - for free? (I realize they are making a REX for FS9 also, but REP was the previous version).

Brian

Dangerousdave26
September 5th, 2009, 18:30
REX is also a weather engine much like Active Sky

So REX for FS9 may combine REP and the REX weather engine

Cazzie
September 6th, 2009, 03:52
Wasn't the FS9 version of REX (Real Environment Pro) available for FS9 already - for free? (I realize they are making a REX for FS9 also, but REP was the previous version).

Brian

Yep, REP does all that $24.00 program does for free. Don't expect REX for FS9 to be anything like REX for FSX, the structure of the two sims are too different.

I'll pass on this unless someone can produce legitimate screenshots that show it to be any better than REP, which I am more than happy with.

Caz

Felixthreeone
September 6th, 2009, 06:47
I had REP installed and was not at all happy with it.....I was under the impression that REX was being backwards engineered for FS9 meaning converted clouds, skies, etc....., but since we have nothing to work from Cazzie is probably correct.

Cazzie
September 6th, 2009, 07:22
I had REP installed and was not at all happy with it.....I was under the impression that REX was being backwards engineered for FS9 meaning converted clouds, skies, etc....., but since we have nothing to work from Cazzie is probably correct.

Since I do have payware AS 6.5, I do not use the REP sky textures, but the enhanced water textures, runway enhancements, and Feng's TreeGen more than make REP a "must have" for me. I use PicNic (also freeware) for grass.

Caz

SlamBam
September 6th, 2009, 07:30
ActiveSky for me all the way with some Oscar replacement textures.

Felixthreeone
September 6th, 2009, 10:37
I currently run ActiveSky 6.5, Samoshin realworld trees, GEPro, Flight environment, Koorbygen lite, Zinertek ultimate water 2.0, and fs roads, and the only area I feel needs improvement is the clouds...I want those REX clouds...:applause: