PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Profile Art

Matt Wynn
September 5th, 2009, 05:30
hope i put this in the right place, now i know a lot of us build Plasti-kits (airfix, revell etc...) now a while back i wanted to experiment with schemes before applying them, so i took side photos of my aircraft and started re-drawing them, suffice to say my addiction (is an accurate description of my hobby) became Profile art, i'll show you a key example i did for my uncle... not finished yet but shows shape and form, and shows with camo on on a close up...

now i'm heading a bit further back in time (not much further back) and working on this... no prizes for guessing what it is :icon_lol: currently on the lineart stage, getting the basics down before i even put virtual pen onto Virtual paper :icon_lol:

Helldiver
September 5th, 2009, 05:45
But why, why, does have to be a B-17G.
Enough already!

Matt Wynn
September 5th, 2009, 07:52
Helldiver, a Helldiver is on my list, this B-17 is all that stands between me and it :icon_lol:

Matt Wynn
September 7th, 2009, 11:30
ok i decided....

B-17 is on hold as are all other projects, what would you all most like to see (If you have side views.. fantastic, as are 3 views, even scans from Plastikits)? most common one i'll Profile AND you can all Have (High Quality JPEG)... get your ideas in :wavey: deadline is Friday 2300GMT for ideas :icon29:

Snuffy
September 7th, 2009, 11:56
Don't let the old crank get to ya smoothie ... go on ahead with what you was planning ... Course a good B-17F wouldn't have hurt. :)

Matt Wynn
September 7th, 2009, 12:01
nah it's still on the boards Snuffy, just that i'm collecting more images on it at the moment, in the mean time i wanted to start something with a fresh mind :jump:

Matt Wynn
October 30th, 2009, 00:35
i'm still going the B-17 got a bit of a facelift... still a long long way to go with it but patience and perseverance are my specialities.... sometimes anyways, heres a latest WIP pic