PDA

View Full Version : Are ya'll ready for some football? ('Merican style)

Cazzie
September 5th, 2009, 03:27
Any of you that watch Va. Tech - Bama tonight on ABC, pay close attention to a freshman named David Wilson, boy's gonna be Heisman in 4 years. He's local, different, and special. Holds the HS record in the triple-jump and is 4th in the nation. Won MVP at both all-star classic football games on ESPN featuring HS senior and the other future college freshman.

He will not start, Beamer has said he'll start sluggish third-string tailback Williams. But he'll be in and out and watch Mr. Wilson when he's in. He.s gonna make a believer out of the Tide. Reggie Nush don;t have nothing that david Wilson has and then some.

And he ain't no criminal like most playing college and pro football, he comes from an educated family and always wore a coat and tie to class at GWHS, bet he does the same at VT.

Caz

Wittpilot
September 5th, 2009, 09:57
I still prefer the European version of Football myself....

luckydog
September 5th, 2009, 13:46
Go VT !!!!! :applause::applause::applause:

stansdds
September 6th, 2009, 03:25
I stayed up and watched VA Tech lose. 'Bama came on strong in the fourth quarter, stopped Tech's offensive line and the Tide's quarterback must have a bionic eye and a bionic arm.

Cazzie
September 6th, 2009, 03:56
I have to agree with you on Bama's QB, boy's got a rifle and telescopic sight! That was a hard loss to take, but a loss nonetheless. And my kid Wilson never saw any action. Just like Al Groh is at UVA for not using Vic Hall more, Frank Beamer is a numbskull if he doesn't use a talent like David Wilson to his best advantage.

Caz

EasyEd
September 6th, 2009, 08:59
Hey All,

I watched most of that game as well. Bama played well and deserved the win however much of the credit has to go to the fact that VT played Hokie football. It's obvious the Hokie receivers lack both speed and route running ability. They were blanketed all night. Hard to keep a defense honest if you've no passing game and the QB won't use his talented legs to move the ball and help free up his recievers. Bama probably out-manned the Hokies by a bit however the Hokie defense played very well but the strategy of keeping the Hokie defense on the field all night was a bad one. I credit the coaches with this loss more than the team. The turnovers were just an early season thing and both teams had em.

Caz did you see they interviewed Hamlin at the game.

-Ed-

Cazzie
September 6th, 2009, 09:23
Sure did Ed. They're racing in Atlanta and Denny is a BIG Hokie fan.

And VT's running will improve when Frank Beamer finds his brain and puts David Wilson in as his starting tailback. He was only in on one play last night, a kickoff return for which 'Bama must have already scouted him, because they made dang sure the ball was not kicked in his direction.

VT's vaunted defense got worn down last night by that rifled cannon that 'Bama has as QB.

Caz

stansdds
September 7th, 2009, 04:51
It seems to me that last season started with Beamer not playing Tyrod Taylor and Tech lost the first few games, then he put Tyrod in as the starting QB and Tech came alive. History does repeat its mistakes, but you'd think Beamer wouldn't have that short of a memory and would start his best players.