PDA

View Full Version : Advise, blue Ray on a computer

hey_moe
September 5th, 2009, 00:52
Any of you aces using a Blue Ray DVD recorder on you pooter for doing video,pictures..ect..ect and is it better than the standard DVD for viewing...Mike

kilo delta
September 5th, 2009, 01:50
I've one in my main pc (bluray burner)..with a hd-dvd/bluray combo in another pc and 3 of my notebooks have bluray drives too. I'm running the latest version of Power Cinema and run at a resolution of 1920x1080 ....no playback issues and awesome visuals.:)

hey_moe
September 5th, 2009, 14:05
What I was wondering if ya burnt something on Blueray ...how did it look on your TV...Mike

Panther_99FS
September 5th, 2009, 17:30
I saw a Sony Vaio laptop in the BX today that had a built-in Blue-Ray DVD player...

djscoo
September 5th, 2009, 19:17
What I was wondering if ya burnt something on Blueray ...how did it look on your TV...Mike
If the source file is not Hi-def, you probably won't see a difference. Also blank blu-rays are more expensive. I've got a blu-ray drive on my computer but I never burn anything other than regular cds and dvds with it.

hey_moe
September 6th, 2009, 00:53
Well I ordered one last night for my pooter along with 20 blank Blue Ray DVD....you ain't kiding about the cost of them blank disk. They were almost ninty bucks for 20 ...wow. One of the pfoto editing program for making movies you can do in 1080I and it will also burn in Blue Ray. I kinda wanna play with the HD pictures to see what they look like in HD...Mike

Navy Chief
September 6th, 2009, 04:22
I will wait until they've been out a while. Remember the prices of VCRs and Microwaves when first on the market? And now compare.

NC

kilo delta
September 7th, 2009, 02:30

I too haven't burnt a Bluray disk yet. Any of the full HD footage I've shot thus far is still on the camcorder's 120gb internal hdd. I just connect the cam to my tv via hdmi and play it back from there.
Also ,most people I know still have SD tv's (or not fully 1080p resolution) so I've never had the need to burn off a bluray disc to give to them.