PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft Discus X Released

JohnC
September 4th, 2009, 06:18
http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,,D11116

falcon409
September 4th, 2009, 06:21
This is something I never quite caught the bug for, as a matter of fact I deleted the default gliders almost immediately once I had FSX running the way I wanted. Can't tell ya why, just never was very excited about gliders.

Kiwikat
September 4th, 2009, 06:25
Woot! Thanks for the heads up. :engel016::medals:

Slug Flyer
September 4th, 2009, 06:40
just the VC of the BT model has 146384 polygons, more than double of what FS2004 could compile

It's almost like turning your sim into a slide-show is a supposed to be a selling point.

In the proud tradition of the developer which brought you the A-10 and it's "Bulletins every three seconds" guages! :applause:

Kiwikat
September 4th, 2009, 06:45
It's almost like turning your sim into a slide-show is a supposed to be a selling point.

That poly count is nothing compared to their F-16 though. I get generally good FPS with it too, so I'm not expecting any performance problems with these gliders.

JohnC
September 4th, 2009, 07:09

In the proud tradition of the developer which brought you the A-10 and it's "Bulletins every three seconds" guages! :applause:

Honestly, I can't remember checking the frame rates during development. It just wasn't an issue for me.

CBris
September 4th, 2009, 07:42
No FPS problems here either - and My PC is a tad older, but still capable of delivering "good enough" FPS with scenery sliders at max.

And even though I have been flying the Discus for several months now, it is going to stay well in use for a long time to come. A hard birth, but if you have any tendency to like gliding, you ought to like this.

ryanbatc
September 4th, 2009, 07:47
This looks interesting, a prop you can deploy lol? Is that how the real one works?

Anyway I added this and the PMDG J41 to my Native Payware List

Avail here:
http://cid-408ca931940d5e3c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Native%20FSX%20Payware.xls

gajit
September 4th, 2009, 08:25
Downloading now :jump:

JT8D-9A
September 4th, 2009, 08:36
Oh oh, expensive weekend ahead. Just bought it and it looks like a great package. I hope to learn with it more about soaring and it's a nice way to enjoy nice sceneries.

Nick C
September 4th, 2009, 08:50
I have never noticed any problems with FPS in this package, in fact during the time I've had it installed on my PC, which is quite some time now, I have never even thought to look at the FPS.

Kiwikat
September 4th, 2009, 08:53
I don't know a thing about real gliders, so I have to ask- Is the HUGE tendency to yaw (a lot in this case) when rolling realistic? I'm finding it nearly impossible to turn with my twist joystick... I wish my rudder pedals weren't broken.

Also, I'm getting countless CTD's...

EDIT: Removing Winch X fixed my CTD's... EDIT: EDIT: No it didn't :(

JohnC
September 4th, 2009, 09:07
I don't know a thing about real gliders, so I have to ask- Is the HUGE tendency to yaw (a lot in this case) when rolling realistic? I'm finding it nearly impossible to turn with my twist joystick... I wish my rudder pedals weren't broken.

The adverse yaw is intentional, and accurate according to the Discus pilots we have (The lead developer is one). There's just not much vertical stab to dampen out the drag differential between the ailerons. But yes, it is a tricky endeavor at first.

Kiwikat
September 4th, 2009, 10:16
My CTD was fixed by using the repair feature on the latest C++ distribution. I'm not sure what caused mine to go haywire, but it seems to be stable again.

jetstreamsky
September 4th, 2009, 10:19
coordination between the rudder and aileron inputs is much more important in a glider than a powered aircraft, the power mostly drags an aircraft through the additional drag present on lowered aileron (if I remember correctly) whereas in a glider that differential drag causes the nose to swing up and away from the direction of the turn unless countered by the rudder.

See here on page 3-12 about TURN COORDINATION for a better explanation [/URL]

[URL]http://books.google.ca/books?id=y1CCxCYbXEMC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_navlinks_s#v=onepage&q=&f=false (http://books.google.ca/books?id=y1CCxCYbXEMC&pg=PT34&lpg=PT34&dq=glider+aileron+drag&source=bl&ots=6X52x3yjtO&sig=5h5_kx2sLxDccKiBW3ajaBIv6hc&hl=en&ei=fFqhSobNDsy0lAfdxKn1DA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#v=onepage&q=glider%20aileron%20drag&f=false)

Lionheart
September 4th, 2009, 11:37
Dang. We were just talking about this yesterday and they go and release it!

Very nice!

On the props, some gliders do indeed have this feature in real world gliders. The prop has to be able to fold or with a two blader, it has to be inline for it to retract back into the fuselage.

Thanks for the heads up.

Bill

JT8D-9A
September 4th, 2009, 11:38
Great fun and very good performance :applause: I only can't retract the engine and i'm thankful for any hints.

mjrhealth
September 4th, 2009, 13:14
Yes one package i will be getting, but can someone explainn to me how to correctly launch from winh. I never seem to get enough altitde evem though i extended cable to 3000 meters. Ie flap settings, climb rate.

Thanks

SirBenn21
September 4th, 2009, 13:59
Aahhhhhh

I don't have any more money!!! :banghead:

who is feeling generious today? Because I accept gifts. :bump:

Ben

Kiwikat
September 4th, 2009, 14:29
Gahhhh

Is anyone else getting CTD's? The Aerosoft team is working on figuring out what is causing my CTD's. I thought maybe it was TIR or ASX, but it still happens. Even with the C4 computer off it happens. I'm totally stumped. I don't see anyone else reporting it so it must just be my machine?

Lionheart
September 4th, 2009, 14:35
Gahhhh

Is anyone else getting CTD's? The Aerosoft team is working on figuring out what is causing my CTD's. I thought maybe it was TIR or ASX, but it still happens. Even with the C4 computer off it happens. I'm totally stumped. I don't see anyone else reporting it so it must just be my machine?

KK,

Try removing 5 or 10 Gigs of those RAM sticks. You might have too much RAM going. I think you cant have over 32Gigs.. If that doesnt do it, check the liquid Nitrogen cooling system. If thats in check, make sure you have your 48 inch monitor synched properly with your tri-GC SLI system. And if THAT is ok, then you might check to make sure you have the FSX SP1 Service Pack installed.

:d

Bill

Kiwikat
September 4th, 2009, 16:54
KK,

Try removing 5 or 10 Gigs of those RAM sticks. You might have too much RAM going. I think you cant have over 32Gigs.. If that doesnt do it, check the liquid Nitrogen cooling system. If thats in check, make sure you have your 48 inch monitor synched properly with your tri-GC SLI system. And if THAT is ok, then you might check to make sure you have the FSX SP1 Service Pack installed.

Bill

:icon_lol: Thanks for the advice Bill :icon29:

Lionheart
September 4th, 2009, 19:28
:icon_lol: Thanks for the advice Bill :icon29:

Im kidding KK. The world knows you have the most ultimate computer system in the norther United States.

Bill

Rezabrya
September 4th, 2009, 19:50
I just had a ctd. I flipped the Compensate/uncompensate switch and boom.... CTD.

CBris
September 4th, 2009, 22:17
My CTD was fixed by using the repair feature on the latest C++ distribution. I'm not sure what caused mine to go haywire, but it seems to be stable again.

Can you post this in the Aerosoft support forum please? I had some odd CTDs during beta (I was the only one) and these were put down to an individual hardware configuration as no one else could duplicate them.

I am not saying that you have the same issue as I did - mine appear to have been cured by a change of and an increase in RAM 3GB old (Corsair) to 4GB new bought locally. I could have had faulty RAM caused by an overclock overheat a while back...

CumulusX, WinchX, Simprobe, the C4... all these extras and included features have code... there may be sources there which 'disagree' with your PC. Could also be getting 'bent' during install with virus scanners, spyware scanners etc. being active during install.

At last minute beta testing I was able to fly several hours and several flights uninterrupted. Don't you just love to hate your PC when it behaves odd?

CBris
September 4th, 2009, 22:30
BTW folks, so that the team can compare notes, could you also describe the ways your FSX crashes please. I was getting "alertbox" messages telling me FSX wasn't playing anymore and sulking. If possible, a screenie showing any alerts will help the programmers try to spot common ground. Mine are all on record, so there is a base for them.

As for the handling, yes, the Discus is sensitive. Whereas you can literally "heave" a Barge round the sky (Slingsby T21), you need to gently tease the Discus. The model itself is a bit twitchy on self start, but then again, that's more FSX and practise rather than a fault. Once you've got used to the way FSX interprets the Discus, you'll find she's quite well behaved actually.

Much easier than the realworld Swallow that I had a love-hate relationship with - that was about as sensitive and took me a couple of weeks to get used to.

Dangerous Beans
September 5th, 2009, 04:42
She's a beauty.

IMO the canopy reflection is way over done though.

robrealair
September 5th, 2009, 11:15

Hi Kiwikat,

I have quite a few hours on gliders and I confirm that adverse yaw is an inherent part of glider control....ie: the higher the aspect ratio is (translated - the longer and thinner the wings are) the more adverse yaw will be present when banking without enough rudder to balance the turn.

The average GA aeroplane has short, stubby wings but even they show signs of slip on initial turning, though much less rudder is needed. In high performance gliders one must "lead" with the rudder rather than just yank the ailerons.

Which is why gliding is the most useful trainer for basic flying because it tells you in no uncertain terms when your turns are out of balance.

Best of luck to John (JCagle) and his team for a successful addon!

Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

gajit
September 5th, 2009, 11:27
She's a beauty.

IMO the canopy reflection is way over done though.

I love refections as they reflect the real thing more realistically - but I have to agree that they are a bit OTT.

Kiwikat
September 5th, 2009, 11:29
Which is why gliding is the most useful trainer for basic flying because it tells you in no uncertain terms when your turns are out of balance.

It also tells you to stop using a twist stick and go out to buy a new set of rudder pedals. :icon_lol:

I really hope they can fix my CTD issue. This thing is a blast.

Dangerous Beans
September 5th, 2009, 11:48
I love refections as they reflect the real thing more realistically - but I have to agree that they are a bit OTT.

I posted about it at the Aerosoft forum and Joachim uploaded some toned down reflection texture that are much better.
http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=28890

peter12213
September 5th, 2009, 12:26
Well I bought this and I'm very disappointed, not only does winch X not work but the frames are terrible! I'm really gutted because this is such a nice model and a good Job that has obviously been done!

gajit
September 5th, 2009, 13:55
I posted about it at the Aerosoft forum and Joachim uploaded some toned down reflection texture that are much better.
http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=28890

Thanks - Well done :applause:

gajit
September 5th, 2009, 13:58
Well I bought this and I'm very disappointed, not only does winch X not work but the frames are terrible! I'm really gutted because this is such a nice model and a good Job that has obviously been done!

I must admit that it took me a while to understand the winch stuff to get it working. Now i love it.

Have you tried the frames with that whatitcalled buzzy climb and decent thing switched off? I found it was the sound that gave me stutters.

I cant be much help as I am not techincial!

peter12213
September 5th, 2009, 14:33
ahh I'll try that mate, the VC frames are alright but externally its terrible!

JT8D-9A
September 6th, 2009, 09:44
No CTDs or FPS problems here, but i still can't retract the engine. Is anybody able to retract the engine?
And is it possible that there are no ground roll sounds and that the smtouch1.wav - smtouch7.wav files, from the default DG808S sound folder, are missing in the sound folders of the Discus versions?

JohnC
September 6th, 2009, 10:25
No CTDs or FPS problems here, but i still can't retract the engine. Is anybody able to retract the engine?
And is it possible that there are no ground roll sounds and that the smtouch1.wav - smtouch7.wav files, from the default DG808S sound folder, are missing in the sound folders of the Discus versions?

With respect to engine retraction. I'm assuming you've found the engine start/stop procedures on page 7-8 of the product manual. The only tricky part with is that the BT Ext/Retr switch is a three pole switch, which requires two right clicks to move from the extend to retract position. Does this solve your issue?

Also, I'll pass the sound comments on to the sound guy and see what's been done in that realm of development.

JT8D-9A
September 6th, 2009, 10:41
The only tricky part with is that the BT Ext/Retr switch is a three pole switch, which requires two right clicks to move from the extend to retract position. Does this solve your issue?

lol that's it, very likely. thanks! :redface:

JohnC
September 6th, 2009, 10:55
Glad I could help, that tripped me up the first time around too

anatolpopov
September 7th, 2009, 04:11
This is nice

peter12213
September 7th, 2009, 04:25
Nice shot mate!

Kiwikat
September 8th, 2009, 08:41
I cannot believe Aerosoft is asking us to install nine (9) microsoft packs to MAYBE stop the CTD problem. There are many more products out there that are almost infinitely more complex that NEVER CTD. I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly don't have the whole afternoon free to install .net and C++ packs. It should work out of the box like every other developer's product seems to.

I may be asking for a refund soon.

This has really put me off... :blind:

JamesChams
September 8th, 2009, 08:48
Mr. Kiwikat,

You look really "humourous," when you are angry... :icon_lol:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/customavatars/avatar73861_11.gifI wouldn't want to meet you in a dark allie at the Zoo. :icon_lol:

But, I am sorry for your frustration; perhaps, now, people understand why I buy bulk orders and ONLY have the "LAST" SP/Patch update so I need to ONLY install/update once for my several dozen add-on sceneries alone. :kilroy:

Anyway, good luck for the download/install updates that you are going to have to do. I feel your pain! :sleep:

Kiwikat
September 8th, 2009, 08:51
Mr. Kiwikat,

You look really humourous when your angry... :icon_lol:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/customavatars/avatar73861_11.gif

:icon_lol: Don't mess with Rambo Tux.:engel016:

glennc
September 8th, 2009, 09:39
My problem with it is that WinchX is messing up other effects. For example, strobe lights become flashing black boxes, surf is just white rectangles and the smoke at PNG is the same white rectanges, rising for some distance. It did not improve over the several minutes I was airborne in the new Huey. I have (temporarily?) uninstalled the package but the uninstaller didn't remove WinchX. I had to do that manually. That restored the effects.

Glenn

JohnC
September 8th, 2009, 09:47
I cannot believe Aerosoft is asking us to install nine (9) microsoft packs

Forgive me since I am not on the systems end of things. But I thought only two packages were requested for update; .net framework and C++ 2008 redist?

Oli-TUB
September 8th, 2009, 09:48
Is AS giving refunds lately? That would be rather new to me. That's a main reason why I tend to stay away from AS until early buyers are telling the true story of an addon and if it's worthy. I made some ugly choices with buggy AS addons in the early days.

IanP
September 8th, 2009, 10:00
Of course if you set Windows to tell you about new files available but not download and install them (that way you get to check what's coming down first and can avoid the more iffy ones or ones you know will break things), you don't have to install lots of things, as you already got them.

I can certainly understand why people are wary of MS updates, because they often break as much or more than they fix, but not installing them and then not being happy because something need Windows to be up-to-date seems a little daft to me, I'm afraid.

It's Windows. It's buggy. If you don't want to be constantly installing patches, use a Mac... And steer several light years clear of that flipping Penguin!!! :engel016:

Oli-TUB
September 8th, 2009, 10:07
As if a Mac would not be buggy. They are just not patched. :bump:

We (have to) use Macs at work and I can't tell that they are much better in terms of stability and bugs.

IanP
September 8th, 2009, 11:45
But as you say, you get a lot fewer patches. :icon_lol:

Anyway, I'm not trying to start a scrap between hardware/OS fans, just pointing out that you do have other options than "allow MS to install any rubbish they like" and "banning updates totally" in case anyone didn't know.

Kiwikat
September 8th, 2009, 11:49
Is AS giving refunds lately? That would be rather new to me. That's a main reason why I tend to stay away from AS until early buyers are telling the true story of an addon and if it's worthy. I made some ugly choices with buggy AS addons in the early days.

It would be pretty awful for a company to not refund a product that doesn't work AT ALL, let alone as advertised. I'm not getting into that any further though. :blind: I want to get these gliders working, but I am not going to go through hours of trouble for it. That's the job of the developer.

Forgive me since I am not on the systems end of things. But I thought only two packages were requested for update; .net framework and C++ 2008 redist?In their latest attempt at getting it to work, they gave in excess of nine links to microsoft downloads for us to try. They aren't even sure if its going to work then. I'm not going to spend two hours I don't have trying to update old .net frameworks.

EDIT: It looks like they've come up with a temporary patch that removes a feature of the plane to make it work. I'll give it a try when I get home after work. I don't like the fact that it removes a feature though...

JohnC
September 8th, 2009, 15:26
It would be pretty awful for a company to not refund a product that doesn't work AT ALL, let alone as advertised. I'm not getting into that any further though. :blind: I want to get these gliders working, but I am not going to go through hours of trouble for it. That's the job of the developer.

First off, let me say that I truly empathize with your situation. I am also a frequent payware customer, and have spent hours attempting to get several new aircrafts to work. With that in mind, a few points which should bear some relevance.

1) My computer has a very similar set-up compared to the one you presently use; Vista Ult-64, no UAC, and FSX on a separate HDD. Over the nine months of my personal involvement in the development, with several hundred hours of in simulation development, I experienced fewer CTD's with the Discus than I do with my average flight. I would say it totaled less than 1-2% CTD's for each instance of FSX run (which usually included tens of aircraft reloads per instance).

2) The first flight model was completed after roughly four months of development. However, after being released to Beta about 5% of the users experienced abnormal flight characteristics. When we finally nailed down the problem, it was rooted so deeply that the entire flight model had to be erased and rebuilt from nearly scratch. At the time of release, there were no open flight model issues, all had either been resolved or attributed to inherent limitations of FSX.

3) During the latter years of my schooling, I kept a computer frozen in update time. It worked right every boot, and that's exactly what I needed at that point in my life. However, I recognized this as a potentially unreasonable standpoint with respect to new software. While updates might be a hassle, and sometimes catastrophic (I've lost an entire OS after an SP failed mid install), they are a necessity of progress. The only way a developer could attempt (and not necessarily succeed) to produce a works-for-everyone product is to develop on computers with SP0 for all software installed. But where would that leave us? I shouldn't have to elaborate on the limitations which would be imposed.

While I didn't thoroughly check the system requirements on release, as of this instant, they include current versions of .net and C++ redist. However, if you feel as though you've been slighted in this release, please let me know and I will do what I can to make it right.

JamesChams
September 8th, 2009, 18:02
First off, let me say that I truly empathize with your situation. I am also a frequent payware customer, and have spent hours attempting to get several new aircrafts to work. With that in mind, a few points which should bear some relevance.

1) My computer has a very similar set-up compared to the one you presently use; Vista Ult-64, no UAC, and FSX on a separate HDD. Over the nine months of my personal involvement in the development, with several hundred hours of in simulation development, I experienced fewer CTD's with the Discus than I do with my average flight. I would say it totaled less than 1-2% CTD's for each instance of FSX run (which usually included tens of aircraft reloads per instance).

2) The first flight model was completed after roughly four months of development. However, after being released to Beta about 5% of the users experienced abnormal flight characteristics. When we finally nailed down the problem, it was rooted so deeply that the entire flight model had to be erased and rebuilt from nearly scratch. At the time of release, there were no open flight model issues, all had either been resolved or attributed to inherent limitations of FSX.

3) During the latter years of my schooling, I kept a computer frozen in update time. It worked right every boot, and that's exactly what I needed at that point in my life. However, I recognized this as a potentially unreasonable standpoint with respect to new software. While updates might be a hassle, and sometimes catastrophic (I've lost an entire OS after an SP failed mid install), they are a necessity of progress. The only way a developer could attempt (and not necessarily succeed) to produce a works-for-everyone product is to develop on computers with SP0 for all software installed. But where would that leave us? I shouldn't have to elaborate on the limitations which would be imposed.

While I didn't thoroughly check the system requirements on release, as of this instant, they include current versions of .net and C++ redist. However, if you feel as though you've been slighted in this release, please let me know and I will do what I can to make it right.Mr. jcagle,

Just, please, DON'T REMOVED features in making a fix. I was very disappointed to hear that the AS Airbus was now NOT going to have a HUD and NOT going to support current NAV Databases and NOT going to be a PRO product but another "toy" for the average simmer; I might as well stick to the FSX Airbus which is about the "Same" then.

Please understand that Is "WHY" I buy payware to get a "BETTER", more realistic, and properly functioning product.

Thank you for your understanding.

Joachim
September 9th, 2009, 00:33
Hi,

First, apologies for the problems you all have.
But do you really think, this is the right place to discuss the issues?
Normally I wouln't see it. Yesterday a tester, told me, that here is a discusion of the issues, too.
How can you expect help here?

Why not posting in the aerosoftboard, where I can see it much earlier, and help more directly.
You're all invited.
well....your choise.
It only makes me sad, that you have the problems, and that you are sometimes REALLY angry, (can understand it)
But I don't undersstan that most of the people with problems don't want to help to sort them out.
How should I do allone?

EDIT: It looks like they've come up with a temporary patch that removes a feature of the plane to make it work. I'll give it a try when I get home after work. I don't like the fact that it removes a feature though...William, it is a TEMPORARY patch, infact, it is NO patch. It is ONE LITTLE thing to try, if it works without this dll.
What is better? A plane, that doesn't work at all, or a plane with a simple feature missing?
Can't understand your statement here...
TEMPORARY!!!! As soon we are sure, that it IS this dll, we can repair it, or write a new one.
If you read, I describe it all in the thread.

I cannot believe Aerosoft is asking us to install nine (9) microsoft packs to MAYBE stop the CTD problem. There are many more products out there that are almost infinitely more complex that NEVER CTD. I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly don't have the whole afternoon free to install .net and C++ packs. It should work out of the box like every other developer's product seems to.First: It is a problem with YOUR system. (and from a few others, too, compared to the systems where the plane runs perfectly. YES, also Vista 64bit)
So we try to help out with the problem YOU have with YOUR system.
It is definitely not our fault.
But we are trying to solve it.
Why? Because I want that all users are happy.

These 9!!! microsoft packs aren't our faul, too! Ask microsoft, why! Not us!

It would be pretty awful for a company to not refund a product that doesn't work AT ALL, let alone as advertised. I'm not getting into that any further though. :blind: I want to get these gliders working, but I am not going to go through hours of trouble for it. That's the job of the developer.What do you think, I am doing for YOUR problem since saturday?
sleeping? Thanks very much, William...

Just, please, DON'T REMOVED features in making a fix.James, we are not going to remove features, we are only on our way to find the solution.
The bugfix will contain all features, the plane has now.
It might be a little issue in the dll, that causes crashs on some messy systems.
Nearly all systems working fine. And yes, even Vista 64 bit.

-

John, thanks very much for your help here.

-

All further in the aerosoft forums, I am not willing to do support here.
I think, you'll understand that.

Best regards, Joachim

glennc
September 9th, 2009, 08:01
Joachim, I delayed mentioning the effects issue on the Aerosoft site until I could verify everything returned to normal after removing WinchX. I did that last night. I got a very good reply this morning and I will do as was suggested there. I'll follow-up on the Aerosoft site if anything worth mentioning comes up.

Glenn

JT8D-9A
September 9th, 2009, 10:59
Glenn, i just checked it and i don't have problems with WinchX, CumulusX, the Glider package and effects. I hope you are able to see the smoke on the chimneys, in my images.
Maybe the load (WinchX + complex aircraft/scenery) was too heavy for your system.
There are also no CTD issues on my up-to-date WinXP 32, so the package is really working for some people and i'm quite happy with it.
Thanks for your work, Joachim!:applause:

Joachim
September 9th, 2009, 14:21
You are very welcome.

And I can see the smoke :-)

And compared to the sellcounts, the number of those who have problems isn't very high. But mostly those who have the problems ask for help, or cry somewhere.

This is a hughe problem because this alienate possible customers.

This don't means you shouldn't report. It is very important that you do. I just want to say, that the number of problematic systems isn't as high as it appears.

We are on a good way to solve the issue.
I am confident that we can bring up a solution next week.

Best regards, Joachim

Rezabrya
September 9th, 2009, 14:49
Well I did post on your forum about a week ago and the support staff obviously doesn't read it because they asked me the same question via email that I answered on the forum :S

JamesChams
September 9th, 2009, 17:59
Hi,

Why not posting in the aerosoftboard, where I can see it much earlier, and help more directly.
You're all invited.
well....your choise.
James, we are not going to remove features, we are only on our way to find the solution.
The bugfix will contain all features, the plane has now.
It might be a little issue in the dll, that causes crashs on some messy systems.
All further in the aerosoft forums, I am not willing to do support here.
I think, you'll understand that.

Best regards, JoachimMr. Joachim,

Yes, it is right for users to seek support at your (Aerosoft) forums and NOT here or anywhere else. And, thank you for your willingness to continue to provide support to even the small number of users that are having issues and not simply just ignoring them with claims that "[Their ISSUE] doesn't happen on your End" - Something that can substantially annoy anyone that is genuinely seeking help. Thank you for NOT doing that; but, instead, being willing and helpful. This is much appreciated. :applause:

I look forward to your update(s) when I get my Bulk Order DVD.

Danka! :wavey:

glennc
September 9th, 2009, 18:46
Joachim,

I did reinstall, then moved the Winchx folder to another drive to get it out of the way. Effects are fine. Now, I just need to learn to get the BM model off the ground. I'll play with that later and close out the issue on your site.

@ Nils, I do see your smoke - thanks for the photo, it helps. Maybe my graphics card or a setting someplace is messing it up. I will probably decide I'm happy without WinchX - and may put it back at some point. I didn't start to use Rabaul as a test - I planned to fly something else and get back to the Discus later. That airport, and the other larger PNG airports are very effects heavy so it is a good test site.

Thanks to you both.

Glenn

JT8D-9A
September 12th, 2009, 06:45
Strange problem. Does it also occur on PWAK- Wake Island (very performance friendly area)?

I noticed too late that there is a new version of CumulusX (1.5): http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=28899

Works perfectly. Thanks a lot to Peter Lürkens!

JT8D-9A
September 16th, 2009, 02:17
Really cool package :applause::engel016: