PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 Vista Problem

theseeker
September 28th, 2008, 11:01
Everything starts up just fine then a few minutes into the mission it locks up.
I have downloaded the updates and system way over powered for this game.
Any suggestions? TIA
Rocky

theseeker
September 28th, 2008, 13:45
No one is using Vista?

Gandi
September 28th, 2008, 14:07
have you set it to run in xp compatability mode?

You could also try running as aministrator.

I'm running it on Vista with no problems using those methods.

HTH

Gandi

warfreak
September 28th, 2008, 16:13
I'm on vista and I dont run cfs 3 on either those 2 methods but it still works great

rbp71854
September 28th, 2008, 16:42
You might try defragging your hdd if you haven't done that for a while, plus increase your virtual memory. Is this a factory box , what is your processor, and how much memory do you have. May also want to decrease your sliders in the cfs3config.exe

Everything starts up just fine then a few minutes into the mission it locks up.
I have downloaded the updates and system way over powered for this game.
Any suggestions? TIA
Rocky

theseeker
September 29th, 2008, 11:29
You might try defragging your hdd if you haven't done that for a while, plus increase your virtual memory. Is this a factory box , what is your processor, and how much memory do you have. May also want to decrease your sliders in the cfs3config.exe

No factory box here I build my own!
QX6700 H20 cooled w/ Aqua Cuplex XT 3.7ghz
eVGA 680 SLI A1
4GB Corsair Dominator
2 eVGA 8800GTX cooled w/ Aqua AquagraFX & Aquaduct
Raptor 150G boot drive,Raptor 150G Games Only
Plextor DVD SATA, 3 WD 500GB~RAID 3
PSU Ultra X3, XFX REVO SATA Card
DELL 2405 Display

rbp71854
September 29th, 2008, 12:10
You should be good to go. Is it a stock install that you are having problems with or have you modded by adding some addons? A couple items come to mind. Heat, but with H2O cooling that should not be a problem. 2nd thing is a spawn being called which is not in the install.

theseeker
September 29th, 2008, 14:38
You should be good to go. Is it a stock install that you are having problems with or have you modded by adding some addons? A couple items come to mind. Heat, but with H2O cooling that should not be a problem. 2nd thing is a spawn being called which is not in the install.

It is a stock install with no add ons. It has been somewhat puzzling as I have not had any problems with other older programs. I will give XP compatability mode a try tomorrow.
I can assure I have no heat issues. This rig runs very cool especially with two large rad's.
Thanks for the tips!
Rocky

DOS MAXIMUS
October 5th, 2008, 22:09
I BOUGHT A REAL NICE NEW COM!!!!!!!!VISTA NO LUCK I HAVE ADDED A NEW HARD DRIVE AND RAN XP TO GET BACK INTO CFS3 ONLINE FIGHTS:ernae:

htpcorsica
October 6th, 2008, 01:05
Hi Dos Maximus was that a 64 bit XP that your now using?

DOS MAXIMUS
October 8th, 2008, 15:36
Hi Dos Maximus was that a 64 bit XP that your now using?NOT SURE WHAT YA MEAN 64 BIT BUT IM 512MB:d

htpcorsica
October 9th, 2008, 04:21
Win XP Pro X64 or did u install win xp pro the old type 32 bit?

monk
October 9th, 2008, 15:26
You might try to uninstall the game.Then go to my computer and program files and deleate any CF3 game info. Then get CC Cleaner and run a cleaner and register clean. After that run defrag and reinstall the game. I have Vista 64 and I built my own system with all the goodies. It works fine... Do you have anti virus installed,might want to insure it is not on when you install the game the first time:banghead::isadizzy:

martinwosere
April 21st, 2009, 09:48
can anyone help me my game speed is to fast so i cant play properly ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it doesnt work
please can some one help

martin davis

Bacon
April 21st, 2009, 11:50
I'll throw in something that happened to me. Vista basic would not run cfs3 for love 'nor money. BUT Vista premium runs stock cfs3 & MAW pretty well with only an occasional CTD, and the the ETO expansion runs great with 'user account control' off. Go figure. lol!