PDA

View Full Version : Icarusgold Gladiator: do flaps work?

dswo
September 4th, 2009, 03:22
I was watching the new promo video, and found this video review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvBVqG6n6cw. Reviewer praises the external visuals highly, but complains that flaps have no effect on lift or airspeed. Has this been fixed?

SpaceWeevil
September 4th, 2009, 05:11
What a brilliant review, very absorbing and the fairest assessment of the company and its products that I have seen. I bought the Gladiator last month and have the same comments about the flaps. I've fiddled half-heartedly but to no effect. There is a half decent FS9 Gladiator (freeware) so I might see if I can find any inspiration there.

Lawman
September 4th, 2009, 05:17
FSAddon is also working on a Gladiator.

SpaceWeevil
September 4th, 2009, 05:36
Oh my gosh yes!

http://fsaddon.eu/wpfsaddon/

I can hardly say hooray to multiple Mustangs and then grumble about another Gladiator!

icarus
September 4th, 2009, 06:16
good luck with the new gladiator then

SpaceWeevil
September 4th, 2009, 08:58
No fix then, I guess. I could dig out some references, fire up AirWrench and do a bit of trial & error, or I could go hang out with my lady friend. Tough call....

Slug Flyer
September 4th, 2009, 09:29
good luck with the new gladiator then

This here is what we call responsive, professional customer support. :jump: Really makes me look forward to that Duck and/or P-38.

Mithrin
September 4th, 2009, 09:50
I think we managed to get the flaps working at a better rate. By default they don't seem to create extra drag at all.

Roger
September 4th, 2009, 10:24
It would appear that "Flaps" are still under the control of the .air file. I opened the primary flight dynamics section of the air file and I edited all the values for "Flaps" as per the shot below. These values may not be the correct ones but now the flaps have an effect. These values were all zero before.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/grab_005-1.jpg

icarus
September 4th, 2009, 11:18
This here is what we call responsive, professional customer support. Really makes me look forward to that Duck and/or P-38.

...........................................:medals ::medals::medals::medals: at least we made 3 updates on gladiator and many other on others aircraft...so why don't wait a fourth for the gladiator instead to say really professional support? we have also an update on the main gunner view....but i think the fourth patch will include also flaps or do you prefer 36 updates? i never seen a model without a single problem...but if you don't publish patch then you are not professional and if you publish patches then the models is defective...really fun...i am not making polemics just seeing the fun part of the problems...

dragon rapide version 1 and 1.1 that adds only skins
pitts sb-2 version 1, 1.1, 1.2 , 1.3
gladiator version 1, 1.1 , 1.2, 1.3 and coming 1.4
gamma version 1 and 1.1...if this unprofessional support..ok then.

Henry
September 4th, 2009, 11:30
...........................................:medals ::medals::medals::medals: i never seen a model without a single problem...but if you don't publish patch then you are not professional and if you publish patches then the models is defective...really fun...i am not making polemics just seeing the fun part of the problems
He He aint life fun?
Cheers :guinness:
wish i was perfect :icon_lol:
H

Slug Flyer
September 4th, 2009, 11:35
...........................................:medals ::medals::medals::medals: at least we made 3 updates on gladiator and many other on others aircraft...so why don't wait a fourth for the gladiator instead to say really professional support? we have also an update on the main gunner view....but i think the fourth patch will include also flaps or do you prefer 36 updates? i never seen a model without a single problem...but if you don't publish patch then you are not professional and if you publish patches then the models is defective...really fun...i am not making polemics just seeing the fun part of the problems...

dragon rapide version 1 and 1.1 that adds only skins
pitts sb-2 version 1, 1.1, 1.2 , 1.3
gladiator version 1, 1.1 , 1.2, 1.3 and coming 1.4
gamma version 1 and 1.1...if this unprofessional support..ok then.

No, unprofessional support is essentially telling your customer to take a hike and go buy your competitor's product when he raises an issue.

Would it have been so hard to say "We'll look at the flaps in the next update" earlier instead of pouting first? You'll never see me complain about patches; they prove a developer listens to customers and is committed to improving and supporting the product.

So flaps will be looked at in 1.4. Problem should be solved. All that needs to be said.

What happened to your Duck?

icarus
September 4th, 2009, 11:53
What happened to your Duck?

it will be out in the 1.5 update of gladiator:wiggle:....really...it will be released this month, still working on...

SpaceWeevil
September 4th, 2009, 16:39
I honestly think the language barrier is getting in the way here, so I shall wind my neck in before this gets too snarly. Thanks Roger for the fix, and thanks Icarus for telling us that there might be an official patch.

Henry
September 4th, 2009, 17:45
I honestly think the language barrier is getting in the way here, so I shall wind my neck in before this gets too snarly. Thanks Roger for the fix, and thanks Icarus for telling us that there might be an official patch.
my thoughts exactly
H