PDA

View Full Version : Another Captain Sim Uber-Sale!!!

VFR Reviews
September 3rd, 2009, 14:59
Straight from my inbox-

Keep in mind that you have to click on the banner to access the part of the store with discounts!

Greetings,
We are pleased to announce a sale on new FSX releases:
- 727 Pro EUR30 off
- 727-200 & 727F EUR10 off
- C-130 Pro EUR50 off
- C-130 Base EUR20 off
- C-130 Extras EUR20 off
For details please visit: http://www.captainsim.com (http://www.captainsim.com/)

Stay tuned,
Captain Sim News

</pre>

Pepere
September 3rd, 2009, 15:45
Server must be overloaded - I can't get in!!

David

Slug Flyer
September 3rd, 2009, 16:03
I really just want the freighters. I know I can't just buy them as complete aircraft by themselves, but do I need the 100 pack and the 200 expansion first, or just the 100?

VFR Reviews
September 3rd, 2009, 16:04
Hmm. Works for me right now... :kilroy:

VFR Reviews
September 3rd, 2009, 16:05
I really just want the freighters. I know I can't just buy them as complete aircraft by themselves, but do I need the 100 pack and the 200 expansion first, or just the 100?

I think you can just get the freighters- I think. I may be wrong, though. The Freighter comes with both -200 and -100 models.

And, by the way, my review of the 727 is available here-

http://www.vfrreviews.com/index.php?topic=392.0

Navy Chief
September 3rd, 2009, 16:08
Ok, I am confused how the CS online store works. I selected to buy the 727-200 to add to "my cart". Then it asks me to log in. Ok no problem, except it asks for an order number. How can I have an order number, if I haven't completed the purchase yet?????

Help???

NC

Slug Flyer
September 3rd, 2009, 16:11
I think you can just get the freighters- I think. I may be wrong, though. The Freighter comes with both -200 and -100 models.

And, by the way, my review of the 727 is available here-

http://www.vfrreviews.com/index.php?topic=392.0

Well, the page says that the -100 package is required, so I'm assuming if I only buy the freighter package I'll have models but be missing all of the gauges and other stuff that are needed from the -100 pack. I guess the -200 expansion isn't needed.

VFR Reviews
September 3rd, 2009, 16:14
Hmm.. I get nothing like that.

Try this-

Click on the 727 family link on the left side. Then, click Buy Now. Then click on the sales banner that comes up on the next page. Then, click 'add to cart' on the 727 on the right side. When you've done that, click checkout on the banner that pops up. When I do this, it doesn't ask me to log in.

Slug Flyer
September 3rd, 2009, 16:19
Not being able to even look at the add-on liveries without logging in is a bit obnoxious...

VFR Reviews
September 3rd, 2009, 16:22
Well, the page says that the -100 package is required, so I'm assuming if I only buy the freighter package I'll have models but be missing all of the gauges and other stuff that are needed from the -100 pack. I guess the -200 expansion isn't needed.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. I think, actually, that the basepack is necessary. I'm doubtful that the freighter variant would even install without it.

VFR Reviews
September 3rd, 2009, 16:23
Not being able to even look at the add-on liveries without logging in is a bit obnoxious...

Those are on the 'exterior' page of each variant.

Navy Chief
September 3rd, 2009, 16:23
Well I give up. I tried going to the site using IE instead of Firefox. Finally able to get to the screen for purchasing the 727. But after trying TWO different credit cards, it refused, saying I had to go through some type of verification process....... Nope. I guess they don't want my money bad enough. I am through jumping through hoops. Too bad for them.

NC

Slug Flyer
September 3rd, 2009, 16:26
CaptainSim is still a bastion of sterling customer service, I see. Good to know some things never change.

VFR Reviews
September 3rd, 2009, 16:42
If you are having issues, then why don't you inquire at their forum?

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=account

Navy Chief
September 3rd, 2009, 16:55
If you are having issues, then why don't you inquire at their forum?

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=account

Well yes, I could do that. But if I decide to buy something such as this, I don't want to go through asking questions at a forum. If I can't simply select a product, enter my payment information, and then download.....that's the end of it. NC

VFR Reviews
September 3rd, 2009, 17:02
Then, sir, I would respectfully tender that it is not they who do not want your money enough, but rather you do not want their aircraft enough.

I think you will find, however, that you're not the first to have this complaint and that this thread might help you-

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1251384313

Navy Chief
September 3rd, 2009, 17:14
Then, sir, I would respectfully tender that it is not they who do not want your money enough, but rather you do not want their aircraft enough.

I think you will find, however, that you're not the first to have this complaint and that this thread might help you-

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1251384313

Appreciate the advice.

VFR Reviews
September 3rd, 2009, 17:21
My pleasure, and I'm so glad you weren't offended. The problem with the internet is that it's very hard to convey sincerity :monkies:

bstolle
September 3rd, 2009, 21:08
Well, as SOH is frequented by a lot of military plane lovers (excluding e.g. me!), their opinion about the captainsim purchase system will change rapidly once the B-52 is being released. :)

Contrary to e.g. IRIS where I'm waiting since weeks for a reply, those guys answer questions in their forum and e-mails!

Kiwikat
September 3rd, 2009, 21:25
As much as I want the 727, I'm waiting for the real sale around XMAS time. A few other addons are piquing my interest too much right now... the Aerosoft gliders, PMDG J41, and the A2A Cub to be exact. This is gonna be a busy week or two for releases! (Assuming the Cub is that close, of course :kilroy:)

tigisfat
September 3rd, 2009, 21:33
Outrageous sale? More like....deflation due to the worldwide economy. This is where their prices should be moving.

kilo delta
September 4th, 2009, 02:00
There are some pretty good deals in this sale..

:ernae:

Bjoern
September 4th, 2009, 08:11
There are some pretty good deals in this sale..

You think?

Since I'm spending the last three holiday weeks working, I was thinking about getting a payware plane, but spending 50€s on one even when on sale is simply insane. :isadizzy:
Captain Sim should really reconsider their pricing policy, especially since e.g. Sky Simulations has a complete DC-9 package for 15 €uros less!

kilo delta
September 4th, 2009, 10:15
I understand where you are coming from, Bjoern, but considering the relatively large discount (in so far as the case of the C-130 Pro Pack), the number of included models, available skins and sheer "fun" factor and the fact that I regard it as being a must have in my virtual FSX hangar.....then yes.....I do think it's a good deal.
The 727 is good value too...especially if you're a fan of the older steam gauge driven jet airliners.:icon29:

djscoo
September 4th, 2009, 11:26
Yep...ever since I got Trackir i've been flying tubes more often, so I bought the 727 and the freighter add-on. Money well spent in my opinion, Texturing is top-notch and you also get this weird Boeing testbed aircraft with a "prop-fan" engine on it.

Bjoern
September 5th, 2009, 08:06
The 727 is good value too...especially if you're a fan of the older steam gauge driven jet airliners.:icon29:

I *am* a fan of (older) jetliners, but 50 Euros is simply way, way, waaaaay too much!

RCAF_Gunner
September 5th, 2009, 10:06
Thanks for the HU. I had the original 727-200 Exterior model and wanted to get the whole set but couldn't justify the full cost. Even though the packages are heavily discounted, they even honoured the discount as a previous owner of the 200 Exterior so the upgrade package for that part only cost 0.99 Euros. Loading cargo into the freighter is a blast.

djscoo
September 5th, 2009, 10:13
I *am* a fan of (older) jetliners, but 50 Euros is simply way, way, waaaaay too much!

It's €50 off, the price is €29.99...

Pepere
September 5th, 2009, 10:37
CS Has a year end sail when everything is 9.99. Got the complet C130 for that and will get the B727 this fall if it goes down to that price. I fly their FS9 B727 in fsx and it works fine.

David

Bjoern
September 6th, 2009, 08:44
It's €50 off, the price is €29.99...

Well, the whole package (-100, -200, -200F) is still 50€s...

Slug Flyer
September 6th, 2009, 08:45
CS Has a year end sail when everything is 9.99.

Good point. I think I'll wait until then.

limjack
September 7th, 2009, 19:00
I love that 727!!!! For you guys who already own this aircraft. How much time investment is it to get this aircraft running? Is it a cold start aircraft only where I need to know everything in order to start her? The only aircraft I have in my own fleet where I do the cold start is the A2A B377.

Thanks for any advice

Jim

Sedr37
September 8th, 2009, 01:37
Jim, there are two default flights with the product - everything on and cold-n-dark. So you may decide yourself :)
And I think in any case the 727 is WORTH its price!

limjack
September 8th, 2009, 06:31
Thanks Sedr37, thats what I needed to know. I see they let you look at the manuals as well so I will do a little reading prior to purchasing this aircraft.
:icon29:
Jim