PDA

View Full Version : Request: Anybody got a headset they don't need?

Zommoz
September 3rd, 2009, 13:39
Howdy! My son is starting a flight program at a local college and will be needing a headset. Since times are tough and we are broke, we were hoping to save some money and find a headset on the cheap. If anyone has one they are willing to part with, either post here or PM me with a quote. Thanks in advance,

Dave

Willy
September 3rd, 2009, 14:11
I paid $15 for mine at Walmart and it does have a built in mic. It's held up now for about 4 years so I guess it's a pretty good one.

Moparmike
September 3rd, 2009, 14:29
Willy, it sounds like he's looking for an actual aviation headset and not a computer one.

I might suggest checking out the Peltor Nordica Sport model (about $130 at most shops).
Several of the other brands have entry-level models for around the $125-150 price range too, but I know the Peltor has decent sound quality.
The entry-level ones not as nice as the good top of the line units but they will get the job done.

Might also want to snoop around your local airport. Check with the FBOs or especially any ag-sprayers in your area...
Most of the ag fliers I know have moved up to the active noise reduction headsets (those things are loud in the cockpit!) and they might have an older passive headset collecting dust somewhere.

Good luck!

Zommoz
September 5th, 2009, 12:17
Thanks for the input fellas... Yeah, Willy, Mike is right. I meant a real aviation headset and DUH! I didn't think of checking with the local fields. There are a few around here... I'll ask around.

Thanks again,
Dave