PDA

View Full Version : Air Editor last version

trasno
September 3rd, 2009, 07:36
Hi all

Which is the last version of William Rothīs AirEd?
Thanks.

Trasno

p14u2nv
September 3rd, 2009, 08:26
I have AirEd Version 1.42 Copyright Đ 2000 from his site here;

http://desktopaviator.tripod.com/Programs/Utility/Air_Edit/index.htm

if you need it that is

:USA-flag:

trasno
September 3rd, 2009, 08:56
I got 1.52 years ago, so that one is old. William posted a ini file, that updates the program, but I havenīt seen one anymore.
Trasno

peperez
September 3rd, 2009, 09:39
I got 1.52 years ago, so that one is old. William posted a ini file, that updates the program, but I havenīt seen one anymore.
Trasno

You have the final one. I use the 1.51 cause I think its simpler than the new one.

trasno
September 3rd, 2009, 09:57
Obrigado Pepe!!
Trasno

oldwheat
September 3rd, 2009, 13:34
Where can I download AirED version 1.51? Simpler is always better!

dvslats
September 4th, 2009, 02:17
Where can I download AirED version 1.51? Simpler is always better!

Looks like no where, except for a couple of them bug infested pirate sites. Send me a pm witcher email and I'll send it if ya like.
Dave

oldwheat
September 4th, 2009, 11:02
Dvslats: PM sent

Henry
September 4th, 2009, 11:23
it used to be on the av history site
and a new ini on Mudpond.org
H

Moparmike
September 4th, 2009, 11:37
Yup, as already mentioned it's not so much the version of AirEd that you want, but the more recent .INI files have lots more of the sections defined than in older versions. The mudpond.org INI files are what mine is based off of (I've added a few of my own comments to some sections just for my own reference).

That said, I'm using v1.52. Don't remember where I got it anymore...it's been on my harddrives for years.

oldwheat
September 4th, 2009, 11:48
How's about uploading it here? No, I haven't read the 'readme' yet :icon_lol:.

Well, I just read it & we are covered unless we sell it. So who wants to do it?

OBIO
September 4th, 2009, 12:07
1.52 can be found on FLightsim.com. Can't remember the zip name off hand but let me look in my folders, as I am sure I still have the zip.

air152up.zip on Flightsim.com

OBIO

peperez
September 4th, 2009, 12:45
Long life for 1.51!:guinness:

trasno
September 4th, 2009, 14:04
Yup, as already mentioned it's not so much the version of AirEd that you want, but the more recent .INI files have lots more of the sections defined than in older versions. The mudpond.org INI files are what mine is based off of (I've added a few of my own comments to some sections just for my own reference).

That said, I'm using v1.52. Don't remember where I got it anymore...it's been on my harddrives for years.

I canīt see any ini file at mudpond.org

Trasno

trasno
September 4th, 2009, 14:06
Long life for 1.51!:guinness:

What is de difference?

Trasno

dvslats
September 4th, 2009, 15:22
Well guys, I have both. Aired 1.51 and the .ini file. The latter one no longer has the readme (from mudpond) 2005...I can upload both if I get an ok from the administrators.

bearcat241
September 4th, 2009, 15:26
What is de difference?

Trasno

Truthfully nothing much between the actual program versions themselves. The real difference is in the formatting of the ini files. The 1.52 ini is just much more complex. Get the ini files of each version and do a side by side comparison. Its almost like looking at two fraternal twins -- similar but very dissimilar too.

When i first discovered 1.52's oddities, just for kicks i would dress an air file down completely with version 1.52 using the ini of 1.51 (you can do that, you know), then put the 1.52 ini back in and load the air file again in Aired to see how the 1.52 ini interpreted the results. Its kinda like the same as finishing an air file manually with Aired then loading it in Airwrench to get the interpretation.

erufle
September 4th, 2009, 15:45

I think I could benefit from your ini file as well. Could you simply cut and paste the text from your file in a new post?

trasno
September 7th, 2009, 08:02
What do you think about Air Wrench? Is it worth to pay for it?

Trasno

bearcat241
September 7th, 2009, 09:15
Among other things, the upside is it teachs flight dynamics as you increase your understanding of how to use it, giving you a deeper feel for what the sim and its air files are up to in real time play. In many respects it "explains" Aired's programming for me. Its a great learning tool for anyone interested in digging into the dark art of simulator flight dynamics. The downside is that because its clearly designed foremost for MSFS series, you get a lot of superfluous entries in your finished air files that are either useless in CFS2 or the CFS2 engine just doesn't cope with very well. One example is the after-effect on autopilot - the finished results can lead to "Porpoising" in autopilot mode where your bird goes up and down as it struggles to maintain a steady altitude at cruise speeds. AI wingies will exhibit the same effect in level cruise flight.

But for the upside benefits its worth the price. With a little time under the hood you can learn how to fine tune your Airwrench products by hand editing the air files after the fact to offset any unpleasant side effects and boost CFS2 performance.