PDA

View Full Version : FSX Video Problems

rewasiuk
September 3rd, 2009, 07:15
Hoping someone can help me with a problem I am having with FSX. After flying a few minutes, my LCD goes black and purple and black vertical lines appear on the monitor shortly after. It seems that this problem first occured when I added a text line (forgot what it is) as recommended by Nick in this forum to my command prompt in Vista. To change Vista back to its stock configuration, Nick recommends adding a different line to the command prompt. Unfortunately no luck. Will a re-installation of FSX plus Acceleration fix this problem?

harleyman
September 3rd, 2009, 07:17
I doubt a reinstall will fix it....I would undo what you did from Nicks guide and start over after all is normal again

rewasiuk
September 3rd, 2009, 08:44
Thanks harleyman for your quick response.

harleyman
September 3rd, 2009, 09:38
Oh yea..

If you are following Nicks guide, then you must have Nhancer too...

Uninstall that too and reinstall after your drivers

rewasiuk
September 3rd, 2009, 13:07
My video card is an ATI 4850. Would re-installing the ATI drivers help?

harleyman
September 3rd, 2009, 13:54
ATI...My bust..

YES..Uninstall them.......

Run a driver sweeper in safe mode.

Then reinstall

I had problems with the latest drivers..

Try 9.6 CCC

rewasiuk
September 3rd, 2009, 19:30
Harleyman you are the greatest! Did a clean sweep and re-installed 9.6 ATI drivers and everything is back to normal. Whatever normal is.

harleyman
September 3rd, 2009, 19:52
Good deal......:applause:

That latest set of ATI drivers are the only ones I ever had problems with...And I could not get them removed for the life of me at one point...

rewasiuk
September 4th, 2009, 20:25
Funny you should say that about uninstalling 9.8 drivers because I had a very difficult time trying to uninstall 9.8. But as I said earlier, with 9.6 installed, FSX runs and flies much better. Thanks harleyman for your advice.