PDA

View Full Version : "Defense of Midway"

Cowboy1968
September 3rd, 2009, 06:02
Another series of prints. i actually printed the one that is directly over Midway off on photo gloss paper and photo ink and now have it framed over my desk.

"Defense of Midway"

JapLance
September 3rd, 2009, 06:57
I took a very similar one long ago, but the livery of the Buffaloes was not correct. I tried to do it again with the right Marine livery.

The Buffaloes are from Thicko, the Marines livery by Morten and the Midway Landscape by Otis :applause:.

bobhegf
September 3rd, 2009, 08:19
It looks like you are using the Midway 1942 pack.I have done the the attack on Midway Mission with all 108 IJN planes and 25 US fighters.

Jagdflieger
September 3rd, 2009, 08:36
Nice shots Cowboy. Hard to believe it was some 67 years ago, give or take a few months.

Here's a few shots of Wildcats operating over Midway sometime in the early months of 1942, before the insignia change following the Battle of the Coral Sea.

Cowboy1968
September 3rd, 2009, 08:51
I hope the pics i posted show the sharp contrasts between the F2A and the F4F

bobhegf
September 3rd, 2009, 09:33
Here is a pic I have in the background showing the F2A-3 I use as a player aircraft. I changed the 1% airfile out for the AI F2A-3 for the stock F4F airfile inorder to get the AI F2A-3 to land.

JapLance
September 3rd, 2009, 11:43
It looks like you are using the Midway 1942 pack.I have done the the attack on Midway Mission with all 108 IJN planes and 25 US fighters.

With that Midway 42 pack by Otis comes a mission to fight that battle... Nice one.

I flew it this evening. Nailed four Vals while Zeros were slaughtering the other sections, but in the end two Zeros found their way to my tail... I was lucky one of my subs were around :pop4:

bobhegf
September 3rd, 2009, 14:51
It was alongtime ago that I down loaded the Midway 1942 scenery pack. Do you know where it can be down loaded now? I just checked my scenery pack for the mission and don`t have it.I found the after action reports of the pilots that made it back to the base and based the mission I did on those reports.

Jagdflieger
September 3rd, 2009, 17:36
Bob,

It was never here that I know of, but it might be at:

flightsim.com

or

simviation.com

Search for: midway42.zip

Otis is the author's name in the readme file. A search for his name might yield results too.