PDA

View Full Version : WIP - A place to fly the Huey

JimC1702
September 2nd, 2009, 17:13
A fictitious base in Vietnam near Vinh called Firebase Echo. It has four helipads to fly from. I'm thinking I need to add a VOR frequency so pilots can find their way back. But it'll be a jumping off point for troop transports, medevac, etc.

Jim

MCDesigns
September 2nd, 2009, 17:36
Nice work Jim! Guess I need to finally getting around to finishing mine up or there won't be a need, LOL.

Flyboy208
September 2nd, 2009, 19:10
Looks promising Jim, great idea! Mike :applause:

Cactuskid
September 2nd, 2009, 19:34
That looks great Jim, but wasn't Vinh (Vinh Linh) in North Vietnam, just north of the DMZ on Hwy. 1? Alphasim's Bien Hoa airbase package includes Vinh and depicts it as a MiG 21 base... Maybe you should move it south a few clicks to Gia Linh which was just below the DMZ and north of Dong Ha, but by 1972 was crawling with NVA... Nice work pal! :ernae:

JT8D-9A
September 3rd, 2009, 09:46
It would be great to have more Nam sceneries. Thanks for your work! :applause:

Btw, where can i purchase the "Alphasim's Bien Hoa airbase package"? TIA

JimC1702
September 3rd, 2009, 10:17
That looks great Jim, but wasn't Vinh (Vinh Linh) in North Vietnam, just north of the DMZ on Hwy. 1? Alphasim's Bien Hoa airbase package includes Vinh and depicts it as a MiG 21 base... Maybe you should move it south a few clicks to Gia Linh which was just below the DMZ and north of Dong Ha, but by 1972 was crawling with NVA... Nice work pal! :ernae:

OOPS! You can tell my Asian geography isn't what it should be. The draft lottery was the only lottery I ever won. I will abandon this base and rebuild further south. Won't take long.

I did some Thai airbases awhile ago for some online fliers and I may resurrect them. I think I also have some Vietnam targets and I placed a much better looking Paul Doumer bridge.

Jim

Snuffy
September 3rd, 2009, 10:45
Nice work Jim! Guess I need to finally getting around to finishing mine up or there won't be a need, LOL.

Yep yep yep ... :wiggle:

Cactuskid
September 3rd, 2009, 14:31

I just checked Alphasim's website, and it looks like they don't offer this package anymore, which is a shame because it was well done and included AI like C-130's, A-4's, and F-4's. You might want to shoot them an email and ask if the package is available elsewhere. They had a pretty good package for Roosevelt Roads NAS, PR too that included AI P2V-7's and A-4's, but it looks like all their scenery packages have been removed from their catalog... Oh well... :frown:

Cactuskid
September 3rd, 2009, 14:51
The draft lottery was the only lottery I ever won. Jim

Count yourself among the lucky ones my friend. It wasn't anything that I would wish on another 19 yr. old! It was ugly!

Some bases out of T-land would be excellent! :jump: Korat would be a good one for missions over Laos and NVN. You might want to consider doing some airfields in Laos. Vientiane had a lot of Air America there, and some of the remote sloped mountain strips were really hairy, even if you flew a Helio. They would be great fun in the sim though...

Thanks for all the gifts you've given us Jim! Great stuff! :ernae:
Richie

MCDesigns
September 3rd, 2009, 15:11
It would be great to have more Nam sceneries. Thanks for your work! :applause:

I believe this is it at Skysim, but it says for FS9, wonder if there isn an FSX version

http://www.sky-sim.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=79&osCsid=oe9c5r31047phmqq9g3e6ju385

JT8D-9A
September 4th, 2009, 07:38
Thanks Richie and Michael!