PDA

View Full Version : My recent thread hijacking.

Gibbage
September 2nd, 2009, 15:54
I would like to make a public apologizing for my conduct in the recent P-38 Icarus and SU threads. Everyone is correct, and it was in poor taste for me to compare my work with there's and hijack the thread.

I have tried to stay out of other developers threads, and tried to make it a rule, and I broke that. Again, I am sorry, and I was reprimanded by Colin. Please dont take my recent actions as a representation of Milviz or FSD. From time to time, we all get a little heated because we have so much passion for what we work on, and that lead to my post's.

For now on, I will no longer post's in threads from, by, or for other developers about competing products unless responding to a question directed at me. I will try to keep SOH a friendly place for all developers to discuss there work.

Henry
September 2nd, 2009, 16:04
Thank you!
H

N2056
September 2nd, 2009, 16:15
It's tough to stand up in front of a crowd and apologize for something...you did good. :icon29:

harleyman
September 2nd, 2009, 16:22
Tis OK...........:applause::ernae:

djscoo
September 2nd, 2009, 17:07
Thank you...:ernae:

Lionheart
September 2nd, 2009, 17:24
Salute!

:applause:

heywooood
September 2nd, 2009, 17:39
you might also consider seeking out icarus and clearing the air with them as well

maybe this would be a good time to suggest a modest rule that among developers - they refrain from comment within the thread of any other developer, introducing or announcing as ready for download any project they may have been working on.

After all - you are all in the same boat and I am sure would agree that for the greater good, the more products the community has to choose from, the larger and healthier it can become.

everyone needs a hug baby:ernae:

Gibbage
September 2nd, 2009, 17:47
you might also consider seeking out icarus and clearing the air with them as well

If I offended him in any way, I am truly sorry. My competitive nature took over, and I said things I should not of. As for the rules, its already an unspoken rule, and one that I broke and the punishment handed out by the users was more swift and complete then anything the mods could do. They saw I was out of line, and rightly called me on it. :173go1:

I wont be doing that again, and im sure the dev's have seen the fallout now understand the consequences quote well. Lesson learned.

Im going to shut up a bit and do what I do best. Model aircraft, and not running my mouth.

MCDesigns
September 2nd, 2009, 18:05
For the record Kevin, I like your interaction on the forums. It's always refreshing for me to get devs perspectives on things other their own projects and such. As a modeler you can often lend a perspective that a 'normal" simmer isn't aware of and that can be valuable in it's own right.

Guess it can get kinda hard with so many developers on a forum, LOL. :ernae:

heywooood
September 2nd, 2009, 18:23
so we share the same first name then...:kilroy: - no wonder as I am also prone to stepping out before the light is green...

keep posting - as was said before your modelers' perspective is greatly appreciated, it is one of the main reasons I check this forum right after breakfast and throughout the day.

Gibbage
September 2nd, 2009, 18:54
I have no intention to stop posting, as long as its about my own work.

MudMarine
September 2nd, 2009, 19:41
That thread was just.........? Hope you got my PM. It just feels like everyone, all over, have been stressed out lately! I know I've been out of my mind!:isadizzy:

Cerberus
September 3rd, 2009, 03:17
If it is any consolation Kevin your actions have been some of the more admirable I have seen lately. Your posts in the SU thread were not offensive to me, they were however taken out of context that lead to some confusion but their nature was well intended and they were not the root of the thread being closed. As far those that may try to reprimand you for your actions they might want to consider these ancient words of wisdom "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?"

With that in mind does anyone know where I can find an optometrist lol.

michael davies
September 3rd, 2009, 05:15
Gibbage is correct, there is, or always was, an unspoken rule about others work re developer to developer, there is some latitude to rival poking and joshing in a friendly manner, but it is a small group and it cannot sustain in house bickering.

Those that consistantly step over the line tend not to remain around for very long. Many developers move from design house to design house or produce work for several houses at once, it pays not to tick off those who may be your employers in the future :).

Anyway, very pleased to see Kevin stand four square and take it on the chin, perhaps some others involved should do the same and completely clear the air and stigmatism they migh have attracted.

Kindest

Michael

icarus
September 3rd, 2009, 05:21
If I offended him in any way, I am truly sorry.

i am not offended....:ernae:

harleyman
September 3rd, 2009, 05:28
Its just remarkable to have such great folks as members here....Big part of why I call it home.....:ernae:

Gibbage
September 3rd, 2009, 07:25
i am not offended....:ernae:

Im very glad to see that. My words was only ment as a friendly rivalry, but a lot of people didnt see that way. As I said to a few people, its not what is right or wrong, its about people's perception, and I was perceived as being rude and arrogant. I have worked with and for a great deal of the 3D developers here, not just Milviz. I cant go around insulting other people's work, or even have the perception of doing so, and still work.

With that, I hope to put this behind us, and continue being a positive member of the community. So lets all drink a pint or two, and continue flying in the friendly skies.

:icon29::gameon:

Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

IanP
September 3rd, 2009, 08:21
Thanks Kevin.

(Edited to add: I'll chuck a virtual round on the bar too... :guinness::icon29::guinness::icon29::ernae:)

Roger
September 3rd, 2009, 09:03
Good man:ernae:

Nick C
September 3rd, 2009, 09:53
It's such a shame others that make the same mistake can't stand up and do the same. Well done Kevin. :icon29:

And Jesse, one for you too! :guinness:

peter12213
September 3rd, 2009, 10:10
I agree, brave man! :ernae:

Chacha
September 3rd, 2009, 11:08
Gibbage is correct, there is, or always was, an unspoken rule about others work re developer to developer, there is some latitude to rival poking and joshing in a friendly manner, but it is a small group and it cannot sustain in house bickering.

Those that consistantly step over the line tend not to remain around for very long. Many developers move from design house to design house or produce work for several houses at once, it pays not to tick off those who may be your employers in the future :).

Anyway, very pleased to see Kevin stand four square and take it on the chin, perhaps some others involved should do the same and completely clear the air and stigmatism they migh have attracted.

Kindest

Michael

It is called Professional Etiquette.

It takes a man to do what you just did, Kevin. I salute you! :applause:

Eli

michael davies
September 3rd, 2009, 20:30
We call it "good cricket old sport" :ernae:

Best

Michael

It is called Professional Etiquette.

It takes a man to do what you just did, Kevin. I salute you! :applause: