bazzar
September 1st, 2009, 23:04
Soon from Flight One.:engel016:

letsgetrowdy
September 1st, 2009, 23:11
Sorry about that...

bazzar
September 1st, 2009, 23:20
Rowdy, before you comment further, wait a little.

The nose is an exact fit over shots of the real thing. I know because Maurice Hammond, owner of two of these has checked it all out and approved the model.

I am unsure how you can reach a verdict on the cockpit so fast either, without knowlege of what it does or what it contains.

Why is it that people seem love to tear things down here? :engel016:

letsgetrowdy
September 1st, 2009, 23:24
Oh sorry... made me feel bad If the owner of a real mustang thinks it's ok, then who am I to complain....

bazzar
September 1st, 2009, 23:29
Rowdy, you are perfectly entitled to your opinions but for heaven's sake, the thread is only minutes old, the shots are just a few of what's available and you are frankly firing from the hip. I am not sure that I would want to help you with Spitfire now, I expect you think that's crap too...:engel016:

letsgetrowdy
September 1st, 2009, 23:41
No not at all, I love the model of the spitfire and it is a joy to fly

tigisfat
September 1st, 2009, 23:43
Rowdy, you are perfectly entitled to your opinions but for heaven's sake, the thread is only minutes old, the shots are just a few of what's available and you are frankly firing from the hip. I am not sure that I would want to help you with Spitfire now, I expect you think that's crap too...:engel016:

There he goes, gettin' rowdy....:bump:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Anyway, this is a good looking P-51. I'm liking it already, and the others haven't been a pass in my opinion. These days, I'm more inclined to go with a good VC and sounds above a lot of other things. The FDE need only be believable to me.

bazzar
September 1st, 2009, 23:48
Well that's good. Look-just wait 'til you see the P51D a bit more before launching in, that's all I'm saying. The cockpit is different yes but that's because different devs have different styles. If everyone was the same it'd be pretty boring wouldn't it? It is no less accurate and has what I truely believe, to be the most comprehensive array of functional gear yet. There are some interesting surprises too worked out with the guys at Flight One and the owner/pilots to make flying the "D" more like the real thing.:engel016:

IanHenry
September 1st, 2009, 23:50
Looks very nice to me.

Ian

letsgetrowdy
September 1st, 2009, 23:53
Is this P-51 the one that was in the Aeroplane heaven developing studio?
there are some really nice things in there to look forward to, such as the spitfire Vb for FSX...

tigisfat
September 2nd, 2009, 00:00
I'd like to see what Colin can do with a P-51D VCwise.....

Will this release have 3d gauges?

bazzar
September 2nd, 2009, 01:04
Yes the cockpit is fully populated with 3D gauges and everything works as it should. The emergency release for the canopy, ejects the canopy.

The primer system produces a flameout if used for longer than the required duration, inverted flight lowers oil pressure, even the armrest works.

The gunsight bulbs are accesible, the range and wingspan can be set, tailwheel lock, cold and warm air controls, oil and coolant switches, separate switchable recog, wing and tail lights, the list goes on.

The cockpit has been flown by Maurice and other P51D pilots and pronounced "by the book".:engel016:

bazzar
September 2nd, 2009, 01:06
Is this P-51 the one that was in the Aeroplane heaven developing studio?
there are some really nice things in there to look forward to, such as the spitfire Vb for FSX...

Yes Rowdy, we have a few interesting projects coming a long...:engel016:

empeck
September 2nd, 2009, 01:12
Who cares about Mustangs anyway, give me that Raiden! :engel016:

calypsos
September 2nd, 2009, 01:13
Nice details like the HF aerial passing through the canopy, I have not seen that before and the double mirrors on the RAF (NZ?) version. I hope the weapons are selectable through a menu, I would not fancy having those underwing stores fitted all the time.
I will keep my eye out for her!

Tim-HH
September 2nd, 2009, 01:37
A great looking model, Baz! :applause:

Greetings
Tim

bazzar
September 2nd, 2009, 02:21
Nice details like the HF aerial passing through the canopy, I have not seen that before and the double mirrors on the RAF (NZ?) version. I hope the weapons are selectable through a menu, I would not fancy having those underwing stores fitted all the time.
I will keep my eye out for her!

The weapons are selectable on the fly from a console tucked away in the cockpit:engel016:

IanHenry
September 2nd, 2009, 02:23
Baz,
will you be able to start it using Ctrl-E ? It's always good to have that option.

Regards,
Ian.

bazzar
September 2nd, 2009, 03:43
Hi Ian,

Damn....forgot that one....:d

Roger
September 2nd, 2009, 04:08
Looking sweet Baz!

falcon409
September 2nd, 2009, 04:17
I spent a year tearing down and restoring a Mustang from the Cavenaugh Flight Museum (not alone mind you, along with 4 others). These are beautiful airplanes and I can tell you, that there are variants on top of variants. We had manuals, reference material, technical data out the rear to refer to and still had questions during the entire restoration period. Having said that. . . .is it possible that this is the most "overdone" aircraft in the Flight Sim world?

bazzar
September 2nd, 2009, 04:36
It is true that like the Spitfire and Me109, the Mustang in general is a well covered subject in flight sims as a whole. However, I have mentioned before that I can't think of too many examples of the P51D designed for FSX apart from the stock example which is a racer.

Right now there are probably more P38s, P47s and F4Us either planned or roaming the FSX skies...:engel016:

SpaceWeevil
September 2nd, 2009, 04:48
I spent a year tearing down and restoring a Mustang from the Cavenaugh Flight Museum (not alone mind you, along with 4 others). These are beautiful airplanes and I can tell you, that there are variants on top of variants. We had manuals, reference material, technical data out the rear to refer to and still had questions during the entire restoration period. Having said that. . . .is it possible that this is the most "overdone" aircraft in the Flight Sim world?

I don't really think so - after several years this will take the number of P51Ds designed from the ground up for FSX to.......one! The forthcoming WoP3 version from A2A will have Accusim as its selling point, while their old patched 'D is cheap, still looks looks great, flies well on base-level PCs and has a ton of repaints. Something for everyone! Having said that, I would love a nice P51A or A36. Then the designers CAN move on from Mustangs and give us a nice Sea Fury to drool over.

falcon409
September 2nd, 2009, 05:03
I don't really think so - after several years this will take the number of P51Ds designed from the ground up for FSX to.......one! The forthcoming WoP3 version from A2A will have Accusim as its selling point, while their old patched 'D is cheap, still looks looks great, flies well on base-level PCs and has a ton of repaints. Something for everyone! Having said that, I would love a nice P51A or A36. Then the designers CAN move on from Mustangs and give us a nice Sea Fury to drool over.
Yea, I would still hold to my opinion (for what it's worth. . .apparently nothing), and say that a nicely done FSX version of the Sea Fury is more needed in FSX than another Mustang. The Sea Fury "Spirit of Texas" is hangared out at the airport here where I work and see it almost weekly flying somewhere. It's a beautiful airplane.

Slug Flyer
September 2nd, 2009, 06:16
3D gauges and blessed lack of "Everything-could-blow-up-at-any-moment-sim" will make this one a strong competitor.

peter12213
September 2nd, 2009, 07:02
Yeah I'd like a good Sea Fury or Hawker Typhoon!

oakfloor
September 2nd, 2009, 08:17
Yeah I'd like a good Sea Fury or Hawker Typhoon!
Well yeah,. I was hopeing for A2A or Realair quailty bearcat too, or how about a "H" model 51? Would that be fun to push open the throttle and hear what a H-24 engine sounds like tuning at 3800 revs!, or seeing 4400 FPM on the VSI while pulling 70 inches of manifold pressure @ 2800 turns in your Bearcat, Who else gets this? Im a gearhead, and if it makes noise and goes fast..:jump:

MudMarine
September 2nd, 2009, 08:20
How about some positive feedback! I'll buy it!! Spoiled chumps just don't realize how well they've got it!:engel016: Only three things I'd ask for: (1) No modern pilot. (2) Not for sale at JF. (3) Define "SOON"! :engel016:

Odie
September 2nd, 2009, 08:21
Huzzah ! More ponies for the herd ! Looks like a keeper, baz !

ryanbatc
September 2nd, 2009, 08:41
Oh joy....another P51

How bout a P39, or something we haven't seen yet

grumpos
September 2nd, 2009, 08:48
The Sea Fury "Spirit of Texas" is hangared out at the airport here where I work and see it almost weekly flying somewhere. It's a beautiful airplane.

Beautiful though it may be, without a Centaurus on the front it aint a Sea Fury.

Best wishes
Steve P

noddy
September 2nd, 2009, 08:48
Nice. :ernae:

tigisfat
September 2nd, 2009, 10:21
animated pilot in the VC?

oakfloor
September 2nd, 2009, 10:22
How about some positive feedback! I'll buy it!! Spoiled chumps just don't realize how well they've got it!:engel016: Only three things I'd ask for: (1) No modern pilot. (2) Not for sale at JF. (3) Define "SOON"! :engel016:
Thanks for the complement,:icon_lol: as spoiled chump I know what I want and will pay for it. The A2A mustang with updated patch is the best I have seen yet, and for under $20. but if there is something better thats fine by me. So far the screen shots dont indicate any improvments I can see, but who knows? it may be the best stang' ever in my hanger.

falcon409
September 2nd, 2009, 11:22
Oh joy....another P51
How bout a P39, or something we haven't seen yet
LOL. . . .apparently there are so many versions of the Mustang that another Mustang is not just another Mustang. I've had my say. . .there are a lot of folks who can't get enough of these things. The guy I used to work for when we were restoring Cavenaughs Mustang was like that. . .to him, there were no other airplanes. By the time we were done restoring that one. . .I didn't care if I ever saw another Mustang.

Rock on Mustang Lovers, Rock on!!

huub vink
September 2nd, 2009, 13:10
Some funny comments in this thread :isadizzy:.

The ponies look great Bazz! As I know many of your previous creatures, I'm sure this will another great addition!

For those who are not familiar with the VCs by Bazz & Co; you really missed something! :d

Cheers,
Huub

bazzar
September 2nd, 2009, 15:55
There certainly is passion in this hobby, which is great to see. I don't think it exists so much in others anymore, which is a shame. Plastic kits cost so much these days, flying models are getting very complex and expensive, I suppose that is the reason.

There's a wealth of content we'd like to model but as FSX productions are now taking the better part of six months to complete, one has to chose subject very carefully to be commercially viable. Is a Sea Fury, really that saleable worldwide? I don't know. I am not sure I'd risk six months of somebody's life to do one on that basis. I know everyone wants a Spitfire, a Hurricane, an ME 109, a P38 and so on. The major plastic model manufacturers stick to the same path for the same reasons. I see Airfix has, for example, re-released the 1:24 Spit MkVB. Not a particularly great kit but excellent value by today's standards and a more tha n passable representation of the great machine. It will sell, for sure. I read the other day that the Tamiya 1:48 Lancaster is sold out.

Back on topic, to answer a few, yes the pilot is animated and has blinking eyes. Yes there are WW2 pilots in the Wartime versions. The "modern" (he'll thank you for that) pilot is Maurice Hammond, flying "Marinell" and "Janie". All the others in this pack are as wartime. Some are more weathered than others. Rockets, tanks, bombs and launchers are all selectable from the VC on the fly.

Soon? Well I THINK it'll be October, but the boys at Flight One will confirm, I am sure.

Henry
September 2nd, 2009, 16:02
Soon? Well I THINK it'll be October, but the boys at Flight One will confirm, I am sure.
you mean you are actually changing the definition
but you created it?
LOL
Thanks
H

Naki
September 2nd, 2009, 16:11
OOh I spy a RNZAF Mustang..of course one of Maurice's Mustangs was ex RNZAF...

I like the idea of a true FSX Sea Fury ... I will start a new thread

MudMarine
September 2nd, 2009, 16:12
So far we have for FSX: A2A WII Fighters Stang which is a few years old. The default stang....not worth mentioning. And the Warbirdsim 51 B/C which isn't a D if you didn't notice. So basically we have one addon P-51D. Which leads to my stupid question........why do are people whining about "Ohhhh, another mustang, boo-hoo?" I guess in some worlds ONE is one too many?:isadizzy: And please don't answer my question it is rhetorical!!

Rather than saying how lucky we are to have more than one potential choice some find it necessary to complain. To me it seems it's more about the fact that some don't like mustangs than it is about anything else. The membership around here sure has been sliding down hill lately.

Thank you, I feel much better now!:icon_lol: Bring on the pony! I need another one in my stable! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!

MudMarine
September 2nd, 2009, 16:14
you mean you are actually changing the definition
but you created it?
LOL
Thanks
H

:icon_lol: Ain't that the truth!! :icon_lol:

MudMarine
September 2nd, 2009, 16:21
Thanks for the complement,:icon_lol: as spoiled chump I know what I want and will pay for it. The A2A mustang with updated patch is the best I have seen yet, and for under $20. but if there is something better thats fine by me. So far the screen shots dont indicate any improvments I can see, but who knows? it may be the best stang' ever in my hanger.

That's because it's the ONLY addon P-51 we've seen yet.

Odie
September 21st, 2009, 09:30
Ack, thanks for the reminder, MM ! I was looking for some news on the upcoming P-51D and your post reminded me that I haven't cranked up the FSX-patched A2A pony !

Will have to do that post-haste !

Bjoern
September 21st, 2009, 09:35
'Nother stinkin' warbird... :kilroy:

(Regards to Scratch!)

Reddog
September 21st, 2009, 13:07
How about that turboprop conversion AH showed way back in time on there website?????

crashaz
September 21st, 2009, 13:31
How about that turboprop conversion AH showed way back in time on there website?????

Hey while we are at it... take the Stang... and clone it.. then join the two together... WaLa!! P-82! :icon_lol:

Thoe6969
September 21st, 2009, 14:27
So far we have for FSX: A2A WII Fighters Stang which is a few years old. The default stang....not worth mentioning. And the Warbirdsim 51 B/C which isn't a D if you didn't notice. So basically we have one addon P-51D. Which leads to my stupid question........why do are people whining about "Ohhhh, another mustang, boo-hoo?" I guess in some worlds ONE is one too many?:isadizzy: And please don't answer my question it is rhetorical!!

Rather than saying how lucky we are to have more than one potential choice some find it necessary to complain. To me it seems it's more about the fact that some don't like mustangs than it is about anything else. The membership around here sure has been sliding down hill lately.

Thank you, I feel much better now!:icon_lol: Bring on the pony! I need another one in my stable! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!I agree It's nice to have more than 1 of any plane,I didn,t think we needed another j3 cub either but A2A and accusim sure prooved me wrong.Bring on the Mustangs,the more the better.

jdhaenens
September 21st, 2009, 14:59
Cockpit, exterior, everything...gorgeous! I like it!

Jim

cfso002
September 21st, 2009, 15:42
my wish list is : screch on paint, weathering. pilot display/shut off switch in VC . paint kit . gun sound and effect on gunsight. cockpit glass transparence/refletion select.