PDA

View Full Version : In-game Menu Problems

Xilence
September 1st, 2009, 10:56
Hey! Even though this is a tweak sub-forum, people seem to post problems running FSX here as well, so here is my problem :P.

I recently reïnstalled FSX since I had a lot of junk bogging it down and I wasn't sure what I could manually remove.

So, I took the opportunity to update my Quadro 570M drivers as well. Since I have a HP, and HP is late with updating their drivers (they are at 179.72) so I downloaded the latest driver from Nvidia.com.

So after following instructions on the internet for completely removing FSX, and reïnstalling FSX Deluxe afterwards I had no problems. So I installed Acceleration, rebooted, and tried to boot the default flight.

Then the problems started. As soon as I hit "Fly Now" FSX minimalises automatically. The only way I can get the black screen with the loading bar is by alt-tabbing to FSX. Activating in taskmanager makes FSX maximalize and minimalize right after that.

Now, by alt-tabbing I can get into the game and fly around. But when I use any of the options of the in-game menu which involves going to another black screen (options, sound, select aircraft etc...) the screen just turns black. Now the only way of getting it to show is by alt-tabbing to taskmanager and activating, and keep on doing that untill it works and does not minimalise automatically. In the case of selecting a new aircraft I have to make a blind guess where the aircraft I want to fly is, since I can't see any of the thumbnails. I can also only select the aircraft by double-clicking it, and as soon as I click the screen, the thumbnails appear, but nothing reacts anymore.

So I thought this might be caused by the display driver, since hp somehow has it's own thoughts about updating them. So I used Driver Sweeper to rid my pc of the drivers, rebooted, installed the display driver I downloaded from hp.com, rebooted and tried it again.

However.... no luck :(. I don't know what to do next and I don't feel like completely reïnstalling Windows for this stupid bug :(.

Can anyone help me? :O

David

harleyman
September 1st, 2009, 14:20
Well it is a driver problem...sems like your driver sweeper did not clean it all out..

Try a system restore back in time before the problem....

Xilence
September 2nd, 2009, 04:55
Yeah I *kinda* deactivated system restore since it really bogs down the performance of your pc. Can't you think of any other solutions? :engel016:

harleyman
September 2nd, 2009, 05:12
Remove all display drivers in safe mode.....

reboot back into safe mode and run driver sweeper

reboot back to desktop...

Launch FSX..It should now tell you that you do not have a compatiable graphics card to run the program..If so...GOOD..You have completely removed the driver and all traces from it...

Now install the driver you had in the first place...

I assume you are using a laptop...You will more thn likely see no gains on it by updating your vid driver anyway..

Stick with what works...LOL

Xilence
September 2nd, 2009, 06:51
Hey, thanks for the reply! I have found the culprit however somewhere else! I followed NickN's guide for reïnstalling FSX and tweaking the settings with nhancer. When I deactivated everything from nhancer, it started working again :O. So now I'm going to see what actually helps my game and what setting caused my game to act so weird.

Funny thing is that, when I was trying to learn something about all the different drivers and such I found out my Quadro FX 570M supports directX 10 xD. So I might have to try a new OS one of these days =P. Is Windows 7 any good?

Thanks!

David

harleyman
September 2nd, 2009, 09:24
Ahhhh

You never mentioned Nhancer....LOL :173go1:

It will hold past settings.....OPPPSSSSS