PDA

View Full Version : A note about the Maine Scenery

falcon409
September 1st, 2009, 08:40
I've been checking to see how many downloads have actually transpired since the links were posted. . .15 so far this morning. . .the other side of that is that no one has downloaded the scenery objects, lol. Now that could be due to the size of the files and maybe those that have downloaded the scenery are still getting that part set up before going back for the objects (size is about 57meg). The scenery won't show in it's entirety without the objects download, so unless you have every ez_scenery library, ever Lens_ez_objects library, Michaels MCD_Military Objects library and a few more, you'll need that download.

Next order of business. . .Tangier Island. I have the photoimage in place, ran the hydro_poly then the Island poly, set as a "hole", designated the parent poly, the hole was formed. . .compiled all the pieces, loaded the sim and the Islands are in place, but nothing else worked, lol. . .I love this poly stuff. . .any wonder I don't do GMax?, lol

Lionheart
September 1st, 2009, 09:22
Next order of business. . .Tangier Island. I have the photoimage in place, ran the hydro_poly then the Island poly, set as a "hole", designated the parent poly, the hole was formed. . .compiled all the pieces, loaded the sim and the Islands are in place, but nothing else worked, lol. . .I love this poly stuff. . .any wonder I don't do GMax?, lol

Dang!! You have really become the scenery technician guru lately Ed! lol.. Pretty wild stuff man. Hydro Poly? A new form of scenery technical jargon language, I can only assume.... :kilroy:

Bill

falcon409
September 1st, 2009, 10:16
Dang!! You have really become the scenery technician guru lately Ed! lol.. Pretty wild stuff man. Hydro Poly? A new form of scenery technical jargon language, I can only assume.... :kilroy:
Bill
Yea, makes me sound like I know what I'm doing. . .when actually I don't, lol. I went to have lunch with my granddaughter at school and while I was there I remembered what it was I forgot to do with the Tangier Island scenery. I didn't do the land and water masks. . .that's why it doesn't look right.

I'll get that corrected and post a few early pics. This will replace the set of Islands in and around Tangier as well.

falcon409
September 1st, 2009, 10:40
Ok, lookin better, but I ran into this with the scenery I did for NavyChief and that is that the default landclass is showing. I had no luck getting it removed before and I need to figure that out for this one.
Anyway, coming along and as I make headwat, I'll post a few more shots.

Helldiver
September 1st, 2009, 11:49
I've looked everywhre and didn't find no Maine Scenery.

falcon409
September 1st, 2009, 12:00
I've looked everywhre and didn't find no Maine Scenery.
Helldiver, look here

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=243297&posted=1#post243297

I posted two links, one for the scenery and one for the scenery objects. These are large files.. .one is 117meg and the other is 57 meg, so they'll take some time to download.

Meshman
September 1st, 2009, 12:42
I had no luck getting it removed before and I need to figure that out for this one.

That's not an easy fix, even for overlaying photo work. It's a two or three step process, depending upon the designer's style of working. But with a photo texture on top it just becomes a major pain in the rear.

falcon409
September 1st, 2009, 15:07
Oh great, lol:isadizzy:

kjb
September 1st, 2009, 15:30
Oh great, lol:isadizzy:ROFL - have fun!