PDA

View Full Version : What is you default Airport that you fly from?

SirBenn21
September 1st, 2009, 06:40
I was just wanted somewhere new to fly from.

I normally fly from Albuquerque (KABQ) which is still my favorite.

Any other suggestions. Also just inquisitive. :kilroy:

Please also state if it's an add-on field.

Ben

falcon409
September 1st, 2009, 06:53
I don't really have a "Home Base", I just fly from where ever the urge hits me. I guess because I don't have a single airplane that I fly more than any other. If I did that might dictate that I fly from a particular field.

You'll get some good responses though as I've seen this same question asked many times and I'm always surprised at how many folks have one particular airport that they fly out of.

kjb
September 1st, 2009, 06:55
I generally use either KPRC (Prescott, AZ) or KTUS (Tucson, AZ). You can find both HERE (http://www.kb-sim.com/downloads.html)

thunder100
September 1st, 2009, 06:56
KSBA with the old terminal from CalClassics 1958 scenery

as I do lot of Beta testing-->can go quickly over water(FPS check) and to crowded areas(KLAX) and I am a westcoast fan(from far away)

Roland

Constellation/Starliner team

gera
September 1st, 2009, 06:56
MPTO....Tocumen Interl. Panama.:jump:

CG_1976
September 1st, 2009, 07:09
I use CYZF Yellowknife, Canada:jump: and MUGM NAS, Cuba.

JorisVandenBerghe
September 1st, 2009, 07:14
Most airports I fly from are in the Caribbean region. The one I seem to get back to every time is MYZ1, Williams town, in the Bahamas, 2800 ft - just enough to get a L-39 airborne, if you make sure the autogen ain't too high so you don't have too many trees around the field, that is :icon_lol: . I tend to fly a lot from the bases that MoCat gave us with Caribbean Seaplane Operations. MYXC, Hog Cay, 1800 ft. MYE5, 2500 ft. Don't recall the ICAO of Spanish Cay nor the name of the most northern airfield in the Bahamas, unfortunately. Both are really nice airfields, although the latter isn't recommended if you're flying bigger things than GA stuff. I must confess I've tried - and succeeded - in getting an Avro Vulcan airborne from the latter one :kilroy:...

MYXY, with the scenery (including a hotel, improved airfield(s), boats, dolphins, yacht club-like port,...). Available at Avsim.

Got a couple of others I'll have to look for on the FSX map, my memory is letting me down now...

Bone
September 1st, 2009, 07:22
Kaneohe MCBH, Oahu, Hawaii. Using the Oahu MegasceneryX package.

IanHenry
September 1st, 2009, 07:33
Blackpool, Oban and Lossiemouth here in the UK.

Ian.

IanP
September 1st, 2009, 07:36
Belfast Aldergrove, for reasons I don't entirely understand myself, let alone expect anyone else to.

SpaceWeevil
September 1st, 2009, 08:08
In the UK usually Duxford for warbirds and Compton Abbas or Seething for GA. All three are covered by VFR Airfields vols 1 & 2, or there's a very nice freeware Duxford from Dave WG. Compton Abbas is lovely in real life and great in VFR Vol 1 - there's an updated AFCAD on the UK2000 site with the new clubhouse. Most of my warbirds can get in and out of there nicely.

In the US I love Plum Island but mostly I use KPWT Bremerton National - two choices, one of them a patched FS9 version, both over at flightsim.com.

letsgetrowdy
September 1st, 2009, 08:11
I always use Uk2000 Duxford

djscoo
September 1st, 2009, 08:21
Dillingham, Hawaii

Bjoern
September 1st, 2009, 08:33
Europe: EDDV (Hannover)
USA: KDEN (Denver), since it's relieving to just get away from low FPS areas. :d

MenendezDiego
September 1st, 2009, 08:34
KEDW :ernae:

Marvin Carter
September 1st, 2009, 08:42
O22 Columbia Ca.

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/Marvin-56/100.jpg

Kiwikat
September 1st, 2009, 08:49
I fly out of my hometown airport (KATW Outagamie Co. Regl.) most of the time when not doing hoplists.

colihamp
September 1st, 2009, 08:55
I use Dillingham (Aerosoft) on Oahu in Hawaii (with Megascenery X Hawaii) for 90% of first flights (testing new addons) or if I just want to bash the circuit for 20 mins. Bergen (Cloud 9) is also good for this.

Favourite default airports include Edwards Air Force Base, California and Queensland, New Zealand.

Cheers,

rewasiuk
September 1st, 2009, 09:12
My favourite airport is CYVR Vancouver mostly because I live here. When you install the Vancouver 2.0 for FSX, well what a difference from the stock MS scenery.

Lionheart
September 1st, 2009, 09:19
Deer Valley (Phoenix) KDVT, or Flagstaff KFLG, usually. Sometimes the Cape Cod airports for a change.

It was Pattonville in Germany! Then it was KPLN. But my local airports call me back home alot, lol...

Bill

anatolpopov
September 1st, 2009, 09:52
KPAO, Palo Alto airport, near San Fransisco Intl, lots of traffic to spot :ernae:

bkeske
September 1st, 2009, 09:57
KLPR, Lorain County, about 15-20 minutes west of my house. I used to use KBKL, Burke Lakefront, but got tired of skirting around/under the overlapping KCLE airspace.

Now, that said, it's amazing how often I'm not around, as I always return to flying where I last landed, and typically take extended trips.....Heading back to KLPR right now....then will probably go figure out where to go next....perhaps Maine, and check out that new scenery :mixedsmi:

JimC1702
September 1st, 2009, 10:23
I most often fly from NY0, Fulton County airport, Johnstown, NY, with my own scenery upgrade (which is available at the usual places). It works for most anything I normally fly and I have managed to get a 737 off the ground there.

Jim

Gibbage
September 1st, 2009, 10:28
Easy. Bob Hope Airport, Burbank California. Birth place of the Lockheed P-38!!! Its the only airport I fly the beta P-38 from. Fitting hay?

Lipra
September 1st, 2009, 11:29
Biggin Hill my local airfield uk or Perpignan France

Matt Wynn
September 1st, 2009, 11:48
Baxterley Farm Strip, Just outside Atherstone, Warwickshire, no scenery yet, merely a field, where's Falcon when ya need him? :icon_lol:

DaveWG
September 1st, 2009, 12:04
A combination of UK2000 Duxford and my own, or RNAS Culdrose if I need somewhere larger.

simkid22
September 1st, 2009, 12:07
KEDW with the scenery enhancement from Things-To-Come as I'm usually testing things which half the time happen to be NASA repaints lol

deimos256
September 1st, 2009, 12:07
Recently either Long Beach or Santa Monica, Both in CA

mfitch
September 1st, 2009, 12:29
PANC, PAMR, PAED, LHD (same area). There are so many GA airports in this region that short flights are easy to squeeze in to available time.

Naki
September 1st, 2009, 13:19
In FS9 ..Realnz Tauranga ..in FSX Realnz Wanaka

huub vink
September 1st, 2009, 13:22
Normally in FSX I fly from Valkenburg (EHVB), which is about 6 kilometers from my home. Although this area in FSX doesn't have anything in common with reality!

In FS2004 Bergen by Cees Donker is my default airfield.

In both sims I fly from many different airfields which are not set as default.

Huub

hey_moe
September 1st, 2009, 13:28
Langley Field Air Force base in Hampton,Va...I get lost anywhere else....Mike

ryanbatc
September 1st, 2009, 13:58
KDLH, Duluth, MN. Plenty of smaller airports around with approaches, plus water runways. DLH's main runway is over 10,000 ft, so anything can go there.

It's where I work in the RW too :jump:

Cactuskid
September 1st, 2009, 14:03
My default airport is KRYN Ryan Airfield, Tucson, AZ. It's my home airport in real life too...

JSkorna
September 1st, 2009, 14:08
Kdtw

MCDesigns
September 1st, 2009, 14:33
My default changes with new addons. right now since I just got FTX AU GOLD, it's the freeware Port MacQuarie. Last week it was DillinghamX and the megascenery Hawaii, before that, Kake in TongassX

I rarely fly in my home city of Dallas area, but if they ever release a high def resolution photoscenery of the area (not the ported FS9 res version out now) with a payware version of Addison airport, I am so there!

Lotus
September 1st, 2009, 14:40
Monterey, California (KMRY), just because it's right next to the Big Sur coast, a place I never tire of flying along at sunset. It also has a nice long runway and no less than six refueling pads scattered across the airport. (I hate hunting for them after landing) ;)

-Mike

simkid22
September 1st, 2009, 14:42
I just wish there was a better rendition for KMRY (its my home airport), I was trying to make one but kept running into errors when it tried to compile

Overshoe
September 1st, 2009, 15:04
KOLD for me.

http://www.theoldhangar.net/OldTown3.jpg

TimA
September 1st, 2009, 15:37
Enstone, EGTN, near Oxford. Because it's my local airfield, where I learned to fly, and has fabby scenery by Ian Melville and myself. (enstonex.zip on flightsim.com)

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9655/ta304.jpg

:icon_lol:

Boomer
September 1st, 2009, 15:42
Im with Michael, it depends on what the most current add on that I am using is.

Presently I am flying out of AYTK, BAM & BUO in the PNG.

JoeW
September 1st, 2009, 17:00
I'm working on the airports in Jamaica and the Caymans.
Hence ........ now at MKTP Tinson Pen.

JayKae
September 1st, 2009, 17:21
YSRI, no matter what the level of detail

Cag40Navy
September 1st, 2009, 17:34
I like to fly out of Eagle County regl here in Colorado, its a nice airfieild

Smokey Joe
September 1st, 2009, 17:56
KLOU, Bowman Field, Louisville, Kentucky

heywooood
September 1st, 2009, 18:18
KORS
KAVX
TKPK
PADU
PASI
mostly those - but some Baja California spots, some Arizona and some Iowa and Canadian Yukon as well

Flyboy208
September 1st, 2009, 19:16
FJDG, Diego Garcia, in the Indian Ocean. Out in the middle of nowhere, where I like to do test flights. :icon_lol:

Chacha
September 1st, 2009, 19:30
Oahu, Hawaii... Mega Scenery X and
KPHX
KDVT
KMCO

Piglet
September 1st, 2009, 19:42
KEDW, where, due to my flying "skills", I use the lakebed as much as the runways.
KEDW's North Field. Love the tumbleweeds!
KWHP, where I work in RL.
Those three enable me to test everything I make(so far!)

Gibbage,
I used to work at KBUR many years ago, when Lockheed was actually still there! Used to see Aussie officers all the time, for the P-3 program.

b52bob
September 1st, 2009, 20:08
O22, Columbia. Nice airport, paved runway and grass runway. Near to most areas in N California

Bob

fsafranek
September 1st, 2009, 20:08
My default airport is Solenzara (aka "Zara") AB (LFKS) on Corsica.

When I fly for Noble Air VA I'm based out of ORD.
:ernae:

Mr.Mugel
September 1st, 2009, 20:21
EDVY Porta Westfalica, my own little scenery for flying around in the area I live, Bill´s Plum Island, Oahu with Mega Scenery, or Aerosoft´s Tahiti for usual...

mfitch
September 1st, 2009, 21:18
FJDG, Diego Garcia, in the Indian Ocean. Out in the middle of nowhere, where I like to do test flights. :icon_lol:

When I started simming this was my favorite, because the runway is so long. It was even better with amphibious aircraft.

Paul K
September 2nd, 2009, 02:30
Dave Garwood's freeware Duxford because most of the aircraft I like in FSX are appropriate to an aviation museum, and its an excellent freeware add-on. The heavier stuff, such as Captain Sim's C-130 Pro and the Iris Vulcan, operates from nearby Cambridge airport.

eke2000
September 2nd, 2009, 04:08
EEEI
Ämari airbase,Estonia

nio
September 2nd, 2009, 04:41
EGKB Biggin Hill, Kent, England.

Although it is a filthy habit I reckon on a windy day I could almost spit to the end of runway 03 :icon_lol:

best

nio

:running:

Hanimichal
September 2nd, 2009, 04:44
Enstone, EGTN, near Oxford. Because it's my local airfield, where I learned to fly, and has fabby scenery by Ian Melville and myself. (enstonex.zip on flightsim.com)

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9655/ta304.jpg

:icon_lol:

Thanks for screen and detail (I download now)

Helldiver
September 2nd, 2009, 05:20
With Bill Womack's excellant 2B2 Plum Island, only a half mile from where I'm sitting, I'd be a darn fool to fly out of anywhere else.
Not only did he do an accurate depiction of the airport but he's copied the marshland, the harbor and the town of Newburyport precisely.
I can even find the Dunkin' Donuts at the Traffic Circle. Pick out High Street, Low Street. State Street but also identify each store at the Port Shopping Center.

Oli-TUB
September 2nd, 2009, 06:58
I usually fly from YLIL - a nice small freeware GA field down under situated in a wonderful landscape. It's only made for smaller planes though as it only has dirt strips. Other than that PHDH is still a favorite of mine, in combination with MSX Oahu.

Snuffy
September 2nd, 2009, 06:59
Usually Deenethorpe UK ... or whatever other airfield I happen to be working on at the time. :)

peter12213
September 2nd, 2009, 13:59
All over the world here!