PDA

View Full Version : B-24 video released

X_eidos2
August 31st, 2009, 18:32
I just finished a special video project.

http://simtube.com/video/3570/Colonel-Fisters-Hairiest-Mission

It's based on a short story that a friend of the family wrote about one of the missions that he flew in WW2. The part that I enjoyed the most was that Colonel Fister was able to do the narration himself.

While most of the video was shot in FS9 because it has better camera control, the last scene was shot in FSX.

Enjoy

djscoo
August 31st, 2009, 18:38
W-O-W!
Great Story! Great Animation! 10/10
:applause:

RCAF_Gunner
August 31st, 2009, 19:06
Very impressive. It was wonderful that you were able to have Colonel Fister narrate his story and all the extra character animations really added a lot to the video.

Rick

Shift_E
August 31st, 2009, 22:41
I just finished watching your video. It was awesome, thank you for the work you did and for sharing.

I too give it a 10.

Cerberus
August 31st, 2009, 22:42
Awesome use of animation effects. I love it :applause:

robcap
September 1st, 2009, 01:51
Wonderfull video, a perfect visualisation of what I read in The Wild Blue by Stephen Ambrose.
Thanks a lot.

R.

Navy Chief
September 1st, 2009, 02:26
The making of that video was quite an undertaking. Add to it, the great narrative by Col. Fister, and it is a true work of living history. Thank you.

NC

FlameOut
September 1st, 2009, 02:54
X_eidos2,

Thank you, it was brilliant. :applause:

The "Greatest Generation" and thank you Colonel Fister :medals:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k7/Big_Don_2006/usaflag2-1.gif

jimjones
September 1st, 2009, 02:57
Very nice. Thanks :applause:

Bone
September 1st, 2009, 05:11
That vid gets 10's accross the board. Brilliant effects, great story, and wonderfull dialog from the Colonel. When the #3 engine took a hit, shrapnel and burn marks appeared on the fueselage...awesome.

MikeH
September 1st, 2009, 09:48
For the past 15 years I have been researching a USAAF Liberator Group that flew from England during World War 2.

I can think of no finer tribute than your excellent video to remember these brave men by.

Mike

anatolpopov
September 1st, 2009, 10:24
Great video :ernae:

Roger
September 1st, 2009, 11:10
Fantastic! Really enjoyed it:ernae:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
September 1st, 2009, 11:52
Great work John !

mfitch
September 1st, 2009, 12:57
This was a great project. I certainly hope more like this can be created.

Cag40Navy
September 1st, 2009, 14:02
thanks for the video! very good! 10 from me!

X_eidos2
September 3rd, 2009, 02:56
For those who haven't seen the Hairiest Mission yet, I've posted it on a couple more video sites.

Vimeo seems to offer the sharpest quality of playback

http://www.vimeo.com/6399748

And a copy has been put up on YouTube for the video traditionalists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69sswO0WTFU

After returning from a family vacation, the colonel has finally seen the finished video and is very pleased with the results. I hope to forward to him peoples' positive comments in the days ahead as well.

Thank you everyone

Cazzie
September 3rd, 2009, 03:08
Two thumbs up John, excellent production. :medals:

Caz

Snuffy
September 3rd, 2009, 03:09
Excellent stuff! I envy guys with talent like yours. :ernae:

Cerberus
September 3rd, 2009, 03:44
John was very new to FS2004 and FSX work a year or two ago, while still having a ton of experience in other video games and Flight Simulators. He really puts me to shame because I have been around mfs work for 9 years now and in his 2 years he has been able to create things like this video that really baffle me, and on top of that he has learned to create remarkable FSX aircraft when many of us FS2004 developers were overwhelmed even in all of our experience with the demands FSX brought.

X_eidos2
September 3rd, 2009, 09:21
I'll let others decide whether or not it's talent. I prefer to think it's more a matter of being like my Dad, too stubborn to quit when things get hard. The thing that attracts me to making movies is that it requires a wide range of disciplines. About the only area where I haven't had to dabble at least a little bit is in flight models.

I've already got a true story about two P-40 pilots in the Pacific in the works, but it'll have to wait till after the FSX Texans get finished. Then there's a story about two guys floating in a downed SOC-3 for over a week before they were rescued, and then there's an interesting story by a local maitenance man who got an abandoned DC-3 back into the air back in the 70's. True stories are the best stories and they're all around us, just waiting to be told.