PDA

View Full Version : Maine Small Airports Release

falcon409
August 31st, 2009, 17:33
While I'm sorting out the mess that plugging in my iPod did to the drive letters and what that did to every single project I've worked on in SBuilderX since the beginning of time, I decided to gather up all 16 of the final airports I did and release them.

The airport scenery files will be posted here only, some time this evening. In the readme file, there will be a link to the object files zip that you'll need to have in order to see everything. It will top out at approx 100meg and the scenery files will be a bit more at 117meg.

These are a "try em' and if you like em'. . .keep em'" package. The main problem that most folks had with these when testing some were elevation problems. I run GXE & UTX, so if you don't, that could be a problem. If you run FSGenesis (which I don't) that could cause a problem. If your terrain settings in the cfg file are different. . .who knows.

Anyway. . .these are nice airports, small, tree lined, remote. . .some are Island strips, some tricky approaches. . .all of them have been completely redone from the default. Where photoreal imagery didn't work, the airport boundaries were completely redrawn, some had landclass changes all of them had lot's a trees added, which brings up another note: The additional trees used to fill in around the airport are not seasonal, they are scenery objects and will remain green year round. For the most part, the only season that poses an obvious problem would be winter, otherwise I think the green will work pretty well with Spring and Fall.

That's about it. I hope that the majority work for everyone. . .I know there will be problems and if there are and you are not able to fix the problem yourself. . .dump em'. I have no way of correcting problems on remote computers.

Kiwikat
August 31st, 2009, 17:47
Thanks a TON!!! :medals::medals::medals:

I'll buy ya one of these in a few weeks :icon29: :icon_lol:

MCDesigns
August 31st, 2009, 17:52
Sweet, looking forward to this. I am not using UTX, so I'll probably have some issues correct?

Overshoe
August 31st, 2009, 18:01
I love 'em. Its where I fly on a regular basis. Only minor adjustments to some of the AFX files needed here. I'm looking forward to the ones I don't have yet. Thanks for doing these Ed! Nice work.

Lionheart
August 31st, 2009, 18:38
Thanks Ed. I am looking forward to them. It will be nice to tour around Maine and check out the local airstrips.

:ernae:

Bill

falcon409
August 31st, 2009, 20:28
Going to "Plan B". I've been trying for 45 minutes to get one zipfile to upload here and no joy. So, I am now uploading both zips to another file storage site and as soon as I have them uploaded I'll post links.

UPDATE: Ok this isn't happening tonight. Upload speeds right now are down to less than 10kbps, which puts the total upload at about 8 hours. I don't run the computer overnight, so I'll just have to try again in the morning.

falcon409
September 1st, 2009, 05:29
Ok, this is the base scenery pack with all 16 fields. There are no textures in this pack, that's coming in about 30 minutes or so when it finishes uploading. The files in this pack are all scenery bgls, photimages, excludes, flattens and landclass. They can all be loaded into the Addon Scenery/scenery folder or you can load each airport folder and activate it separately (probably the best way, since you may encounter problems).

http://www.box.net/shared/static/f0tp1vs99o.zip

Enjoy!

falcon409
September 1st, 2009, 06:07
Ok, here is the link to the scenery objects zip file:

http://www.box.net/shared/static/jc3m1pif81.zip (http://www.box.net/shared/static/f0tp1vs99o.zip)

These scenery object libraries are just as they would be downloaded, with all readme's intact. All I did was gather them all up into one zip to save you the trouble of having to find and download 16 separate scenery object libraries.
You can load these separately and then activate them as you normally would, or, you can dump the textures into the Addon Scenery/texture folder and all the scenery files into the Addon Scenery/scenery folder and everything will be active when you load FSX. Your choice!

Good Luck and happy flying (hopefully, lol).

dswo
September 1st, 2009, 08:57
Another collection, pretty exhaustive, of the existing object libraries is ezoliv33.zip (210 mb) by Joe DeGregorio in the FlightSim.com library.

falcon409
September 1st, 2009, 09:05
Another collection, pretty exhaustive, of the existing object libraries is ezoliv33.zip (210 mb) by Joe DeGregorio in the FlightSim.com library.
That's possible. I used to have that, then through HDD crashes and other problems with back ups, I lost it. That probably contains everything I used and then some.

Stan V.
September 1st, 2009, 09:51
falcon409,

I am a little confused by your list of files to be downloaded. Both your "base scenery pack" and your link to the "scenery objects library" show the same filename??? Please clarify. Of course the problem can be bypassed by downloading ezoliv33.zip from flightsim.com - assuming your base scenery pack was named correctly.

Stan

falcon409
September 1st, 2009, 10:13
Right you are Stan, the link is corrected. Had a lot on my mind this morning and just grabbed the wrong link.

Henry
September 1st, 2009, 10:43
Thanks
cos i have the same problem
H

Henry
September 1st, 2009, 10:45
Just tried are they the same name?
H

falcon409
September 1st, 2009, 11:58
Just tried are they the same name?
H
Nope the links are different now Henry, they were the same though. Should be fine now.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr, you're right, somethings bonkers here. give me sec to correct this.

Try this one folks. Really sorry for this problem.

http://www.box.net/shared/static/jc3m1pif81.zip

Henry
September 1st, 2009, 12:26
Yup that fixed it
Cheers
H:guinness:

bkeske
September 1st, 2009, 18:52
Downloading now Falcon, looking forward to your work! :applause: