PDA

View Full Version : California in the news, again.

aeromed202
August 31st, 2009, 15:57
The fires are burning again and I just wanted to give out my thoughts and prayers for the fire crews and citizens who never seem to catch a break. I have a brother-in-law and a couple of buddies out there, ants against the tsunami.

smoores
August 31st, 2009, 16:22
pretty smoky around here

Piglet
August 31st, 2009, 19:04
We got front row seats for this one...
Just another day in SoCal!:ernae:

Panther_99FS
August 31st, 2009, 19:37
Hope they get them under-control....

Technogrunt
August 31st, 2009, 19:46
Piglet,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I grew up in Sunland and Tujunga my parents still live half a block from Sunland Park. I went to school at ST James in La Crescenta . I have been watching this fire very close. I hope your front row seat does not turn into an in the round seat.
<o:p> </o:p>

demorier
September 1st, 2009, 01:28
I was trying to find a satellite picture of the fires...couldn't find anything suitable. They look real bad. Past the time to run like hell. SOK..I found some, oh gaud.

Daveroo
September 1st, 2009, 19:36
o.s.e.i. something has them

Piglet
September 1st, 2009, 19:55
Anyone else find Technogrunt's post written in invisible ink? Guess he chose the same color font as my background?
Anyways Grunt, I'm not THAT close. Not in any danger, but still covered in ash.

smoores
September 1st, 2009, 20:01
I used to have a hobby a few years ago of walking around the yard and collecting burnt leaves that were still in perfect condition. Its amazing to think they flew 50 miles and are still perfect.

Daveroo
September 1st, 2009, 20:51
i heard today that over 120.000 acres have bured in the station fire and theyve only lost 30 homes..and its been buring several days......the 49 fire in auburn staurday burned 60 homes and 10-12 businesses in aproxamatly 2-1/2 hours and 340 acres.....was awesome...but trerrible...dogs were killed.cats..there are dead squirrels all over the roads out there...sad...

Railrunner130
September 2nd, 2009, 16:13
Losing your house has got to be one of the worst things that can happen to you. I see the Martin Mars and Evergreen 747 Supertanker are on the job. This thing ought to be tackled in no time.

In the mean time, here's an interesting tidbit I found. http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/fire/aviation/pdf/09_martin_mars.pdf

b52bob
September 2nd, 2009, 21:28
After being burned out in the witch creek fire 2 years ago, I know what they are going through.

The worst part is not the dead animals, but the burned and injured ones