PDA

View Full Version : So long Tedy, thanks for the memories ...

Snuffy
August 31st, 2009, 08:20
A great career and an amazing comeback from a stroke ...

You'll be missed Mr Bruschi ... one of the all time greats ...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/08/31/bruschi.ap/index.html

jim
August 31st, 2009, 08:45
When I first say this I thought You were talking about Ted Kennedy.

crashaz
August 31st, 2009, 09:48
One of my favorite players all time! What a motor! :applause:

A key member of the 'Desert Swarm' defense!
University of Arizona - Bear Down!

Helldiver
August 31st, 2009, 10:09
Having suffered a stroke myself, I would say Mr. Bruschi overcame several delibiltating ailments. The loss of strength on one side, the ability to walk right, the memory loss, the ability to speak right and the change in personality, all require distinct rehabiltation, time and concentration.
He's a hero in my mind. To be a Defensman when a thundering herd of men striving to get through you, play after play, takes a lot of courage and stamina. Yet Tedy did it. His always cheerful encouragement of his fellow Defenseman was a part of the Patriot's winning games. But after 13 years, his aching bones need a rest. Perhaps he'll stay on with the Patriots as a Defensive coach. They couldn't do any better than Ted Bruschi.

Quicksand
August 31st, 2009, 10:12
With his talent and knowledge of the game, I think he would be an awesome coach. Hats off to his courage and determination!:medals:

b24_witchcraft
August 31st, 2009, 11:09
What a guy and it will be sad to see him go! First class gentleman all the way (Brett Favre - take a hint please!!) and a true inspiration to all who watched him. Thanks Teddy for being part of three winning Super Bowl teams and for some truly outstanding memories too!

Teddy - enjoy your retirement knowing that we love you in Patriots Nation. :icon29::icon29::icon29: