PDA

View Full Version : Sign language

Chacha
August 31st, 2009, 02:38
My mom and I are learning sign language. :wavey: We can talk to people who cannot hear. :engel016: Airplane and I love you is my two favorite sign language. :icon_lol: My mom say it is ok to pose. :applause: I am Hannah Elisha and I am eight years old. :jump: Goodbye I am going to school.

Hannah Elisha M.

Snuffy
August 31st, 2009, 03:19
Very Nice Hannah! You and your Mom are doing a great thing. Bridging communication gaps. Keep up the good work.

Have a great day in school ... study hard.

:engel016:

Chacha
August 31st, 2009, 04:16
Why are kids so smart these days? I said she can post only if I am behind her, so I can check what she writes. Parental Guidance!

Eli (I am Eli and I approve this message LOL) :icon_lol:

Toastmaker
August 31st, 2009, 05:19
Be careful signing in East L.A. That's the Third St. Crips flash which will not be welcome there.

Really.

brad kaste
August 31st, 2009, 06:46
Be careful signing in East L.A. That's the Third St. Crips flash which will not be welcome there.

Really.
Toastmaster,....I was thinking of the same thing. Here in Chicago, some years ago,.....a mute chap traveling on a CTA bus was confronted by some gang bangers. He tried to express himself to the thugs using 'sign' he wasn't a gang member. They interpreted his hand signs that he was an opposing gang banger. They shot him dead. Very sad indeed.

cheezyflier
August 31st, 2009, 07:26
good for you hannah! i learned to sign when i was in jr. high so i could talk to a deaf kid who was in my class. i also used it to talk to my sister from across a crowded room without everyone knowing what i was saying. maybe you could teach a friend, and have fun that way too.

Lionheart
August 31st, 2009, 09:23
That sounds cool Hannah! Sounds like an awesome thing to do.

Bill

Piglet
August 31st, 2009, 14:18
Sounds like an awesome thing to do.
Sure that's the best word to use?:applause:

gigabyte
August 31st, 2009, 14:46
Good for you Hanna, learning to sign at a young age is fun and useful, I hope you enjoy and keep the skill active. I tried to learn when I lost my hearing but it was difficult being and Old Fart and all, and I was enrolled in a class lead by the "D"eaf community, which caused some problems when they found out I was interedted in a Cochlear Implant they asked me to leave, they are quite opposed to assistive devices. Attitudes are changing and it is young people like you that will help bring about change, learning to Sign is something you are doing which will help you communicate with those who can not hear and often can not speak, you are doing this for their benifit, my Hats Off to you, best of luck

Chacha
August 31st, 2009, 15:05
Hey Gigabyte,

At an early age on her daycare, she was taught the abc's sign language. A very dear friend of mine lost his hearing, we pray everynight for him that his ears will pop open. We have the faith. She suggested that she wanted to learn sign language and braille reading. Kids now a days have a world of their own.

Eli

smoores
August 31st, 2009, 15:22
sign language is a very fun language to learn. (and difficult since you can't write the signs down)
I took it in high school.

Chacha
August 31st, 2009, 15:39
There is an apps on the iPhone/iPod that is $9.99 and is very very useful!

Eli