PDA

View Full Version : ETO installation

bobbydevo
August 30th, 2009, 13:38
Hi everybody, im a newbie here, i had done a little modding with cfs2 way back, but ive been flying cfs3 stock since it came out, spent a lot of time with janes ww2 fighters and falcon 4, and split up the time with each. my downfall with cfs3 was i didnt think the german ac were being given their due. And it seem to me a pain to try and mod cfs3, well time has gone by and a lotta people have put their energy into cfs3 and made somethings workable outa it- that and now i have a computer thatll run it well.
so now im gonna install eto and try it out, ive read the "read me's" and it appears that if i have an updated clean install in the default location, all i need to do is run the install, i wouldnt need to change any of the particulars in any of the files, is this correct?

grizzly50
August 30th, 2009, 14:30
Hi everybody, im a newbie here, i had done a little modding with cfs2 way back, but ive been flying cfs3 stock since it came out, spent a lot of time with janes ww2 fighters and falcon 4, and split up the time with each. my downfall with cfs3 was i didnt think the german ac were being given their due. And it seem to me a pain to try and mod cfs3, well time has gone by and a lotta people have put their energy into cfs3 and made somethings workable outa it- that and now i have a computer thatll run it well.
so now im gonna install eto and try it out, ive read the "read me's" and it appears that if i have an updated clean install in the default location, all i need to do is run the install, i wouldnt need to change any of the particulars in any of the files, is this correct?

:kilroy:Bobbydevo, that is quite true, as long as you install ETO to the normal CFS3 default location (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games). However, if you decide to install it elsewhere, the necessary adjustments are rather easy to perform: You will have to carefully edit these two batch files: MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat (located in the CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder) and ETOGLSwapper.bat (located in the global_layer folder, which in turn, is also in the CFS3 ETO Expansion main game folder).

Yes, you nee a clean, unmodded, fully updated (3.1 and 3.1a) CFS3 install (what we call a vanilla) already in place in the default location.

ETO does not do what FirePower and JF's BoB do. It does not take over the install, it only copies it to a new folder and installs itself into that ne folder. After ETO is completely and properly installed, you will have two different games, totally independent of one other.

If your OS is Vista, then you will have to right-click on the ETO start icon and do the following: "run as administrator", "compatability mode - windows XP (service pack 2)".

I hope this helps.:d

pied
August 30th, 2009, 14:33
As long as you have an 'unmodified' installation in the default location, patched to 3.1a, it'll be a snap. Just run the installer and follow the prompts.

If you have your install in another location there will be a choice to tell the installer where to find it.

This is the place for asking questions, so if you have any problems give us a shout!

pied

Beat to the answer! By the Man himself!

bobbydevo
August 30th, 2009, 15:00
thank you, thats what i needed, ill be up and flying again soon