PDA

View Full Version : FSX STACKHASH & BEX Crashes

Les Parson
August 30th, 2009, 07:24
I've received two major crashes with FSX with the Realair Duke. Today 3 hours into a 3.5 hour flight, I recevied a 'STACKHASH_C37' Crash. Yesterday it was a 'BEX' Crash.
Using Ultimate Traffic 2 & FEX (same PC), ASA, XGraphics (via Simconnect & network), FS Pause, FS Commander (via Wideclient & FSUIPC).
Yesterday - BEX Crash using DX10
Today - STACKHASH Crash using DX9.

PC - Digital Storm
I7 940 Oc to 3.8
6 Gb RAM
Nvidia 285 GTX.
Any assistance is welcomed.

(same posted at AVSIM)

Les Parson

harleyman
August 30th, 2009, 07:40
LES..

I would suggest that you update everything....

All your apps including Vid driver...

That is an app crash probably related to all the software you are running on that rig...

Also I suggest you bring this to the attention of Alex at DS if updates do not solve your problem as it might be related to an unstable OC too!

Les Parson
August 30th, 2009, 07:44
Ok thanks, I'll take your advice.

Thanks again.

Les Parson

harleyman
August 30th, 2009, 07:45
I found this pointing to DEP ...Memory issues..

Here’s how 99 percent of Vista users can fix a StackHash failure. I’ll walk you through it step by step:
Method A:
—————
1. Open your Start menu and click Control Panel
2. Browse to “System Maintenance” then “System”
3. In the left panel, select “Advanced System Settings” from the available links
4. You should now see the System Properties Window, which will have three sections. The top section is labeled “Performance” and has a “Settings” button. Click this button.
5. Select the “Data Execution Prevention” tab.
6. Select the option which reads “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select”
7. Use the “Browse” button to locate the executable file for the application you were trying to start when you received the StackHash error, and click Open to add it to your exceptions list.
8. Click Apply or OK to commit your changes.

Les Parson
August 30th, 2009, 10:11
Thanks for the info; however, with FSX.exe it states:

"This program must run with data execution protection (DEP) enabled. You cannot turn off DEP for this program."

I did add FS9.exe ok.

Go figure.

Les Parson