PDA

View Full Version : I Need a French or Russian Speaking Person

erufle
August 29th, 2009, 16:13
Sorry to invade your forum gentlemen, but I am starting a new project for Combat Flight Simulator 2 and need the help of someone who can translate English to either Russian or French. There are a very limited number of people who frequent the out-house capable of doing this, therefore, I need to expand my search. CFS2 uses a special file that plays short recordings at appropriate times during flight. I need someone to re-record the English phrases into the other language so I can edit them and put them into the special file system CFS2 uses. About 100 very short recordings (.wav format works) need to be made and e-mailed to me. It requires a little acting but your voice will be forever enshrined in the hearts and minds of the CFS2 faithful (yea, I know you can think of a lot of other words to describe those of us that dwell in the SOH basement). Anyone wanting to help can PM me by clicking on my name in this post and then following the directions. There is a reward for participating in this project. The reward is my deep heartfelt love and respect. Also, a virtual kiss. Yea, I know, but a virtual kiss is more sanitary than the real thing.

Come on and pitch in! Its a great way to promote diversity and teach us ethnocentric Americans to appreciate other nations.

:engel016: erufle

peter12213
August 29th, 2009, 16:58
Я не говорю на русском языке, жаль. Translate that one!!

Rami
August 29th, 2009, 17:50
I can French kiss, does that help? :icon_lol:

Erm...sorry. My twisted sense of humor reared its ugly head again.

Lateral-G
August 29th, 2009, 18:56

I do no speak the Russian language.......

-G-

Cazzie
August 29th, 2009, 19:38
I do no speak the Russian language.......

-G-

Yep, with an "it's a pity" after the comma.

No real help here erufle. I can translates written Russian fairly well, but speak it, I am just not familier with using it in a natural environment. I find foreign languages easy to pick up, but always difficult for my to speak with my brough Irish, Southern American tongue. My native language English comes more like metaphors than actual speech. We Southerns pride in it, because Yankees cannot understand it. :icon_lol:

Those of us that have worked with our bronze brothers know quite a bit of Ebonics too, and we understand Ebonics better than then erudite Yankees, mix the two together and you have a whole 'nother language.

Caz

peter12213
August 29th, 2009, 20:48
Actually guys it says.. "I do not speak in Russian, it is a pity." So Cassie & Lateral G win LoL and thats a true story, infact the only words I know in Russian, are No I don't speak Russian. An old lecturer of mine named Alan Wearmouth, from college went treking in Siberia and they had a check point at some old Military base, middle of nowhere, and when they reached it, the guards played a joke on them and said the East and West were at war and that they were political prisoners LOL, He absolutel crapped himself lol. They had AK's were realy rough looking, you name it, but they ended up drinking a brown looking Vodka apparently and made great friends of them, even though they had never met and grown up miles apart, they've never seen each other sinse, but he always teaches his sudents a Russian saying, in my own spelling,..."Niet Gavrute Pav Ruskie." after that experience he say's it translates into English "No I don't Speak Russian." LOL
P.s. Mate we have our own translation problems on this site, try following the Rollus Mirage2000-5 manual when your a broad Geordie and a bit drunk, now theres a challenge HAHA!!!
Best of luck though mate with your problem, sorry that I was only having a Laugh, but thats a true story!!!!:jump:
But seriously I wish I could speak Russian, I have a high regard for them and find it a very interesting language, plus I have now another new found respect for you "Lateral-G" mate!
Regards Pete ( Bit of a Ruskophile lol)!

grumpos
August 30th, 2009, 02:37
Have you tried asking on the forums over at avsim.ru?

Quite a few of the guys there can speak English, but dont because only a handful of English speaking visitors use the forums. They are really helpful there. :guinness:

Better to get the translation from a native speaker, I would think.

Best wishes
Steve P

erufle
September 4th, 2009, 17:42
I can French kiss, does that help? :icon_lol:

Erm...sorry. My twisted sense of humor reared its ugly head again.

Oh! So at CFS2 you are so tight no one could stick a pin up your a@@. Over here you're a clown!

erufle
September 4th, 2009, 17:44
Have you tried asking on the forums over at avsim.ru?

Quite a few of the guys there can speak English, but dont because only a handful of English speaking visitors use the forums. They are really helpful there. :guinness:

Better to get the translation from a native speaker, I would think.

Best wishes
Steve P

Thanks for the tip!

Warrant
September 5th, 2009, 03:21

You don't have to say sorry you don't speak Russian :wiggle: Neither do i :engel016:

Warrant
September 5th, 2009, 03:25
Erufle, perhaps Google translate is an option?

http://translate.google.nl/# (its the Dutch version bookmarked on my desktop, but I'm sure you can find the English one). :engel016: