PDA

View Full Version : Fsx sdk ai

mjrhealth
August 28th, 2009, 21:13
i am interested to know what effect an ai plane would have if it was built especially for FSX using the fsx sdk, and using FSX textuter policies, would it reduce the FPS hit by much. or because they are much simpler planes it wont have much of an effect.

Just Curious

IanP
August 29th, 2009, 03:04
It has a major effect. Using the original MyTrafficX (mainly FS9 models) or ProjectAI/MAIW/WoAI (all FS9 models) brought my system to its knees not much above 50% AI. I'm currently running 75% AI with JustFlight TrafficX, but can happily run 100% airliners - I've just chosen to turn it down a bit so I can get a word in edgeways on frequency! :bump:

guzler
August 29th, 2009, 03:55
How nice it would be to start seeing some of the classic airliners such as the VC10, 1-11, 707, Trident..... all in FSX format. I am using UT2 and love it due to the detail in the aircraft, but would like to be able to have a classic AI setup of the same quality for a change.

IanP
August 29th, 2009, 04:00
Most of the commercial packages have a "time warp" feature to take you back a few decades... I know some of them have 1-11s and 707s in, might be worth checking them out?

guzler
August 29th, 2009, 08:39
I've had several packages, some with the retro options, but none come close to the quality of UT2, so I'm sticking with it. I've got some classic packages using freeware stuff thet are great, albeit fs9 AI

Cheers

Bjoern
August 29th, 2009, 10:24
UT2 is quite good, since it contains FSX native versions of some models from AI Aardvark, DJC/EVAI and TFS.

And thanks to the UT2 demo, I now have at least some FSX native AI aircraft. Granted, it was a pain in the arse to swap all the models out and I didn't see much improvement in KORD, but well...I did what I could.