PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Solution?

falcon409
August 28th, 2009, 11:38
I'm working on Carswell AFB in Ft Worth and was doing pretty well until I realized I had forgotten to place a flatten for the area. Once I did that (it was coded for the exact airfield elevation, which matched what was already set in the AFCAD), I got the result you see here. Not unexpected really as I know flattens can have some pretty extreme effects on terrain, but I was hoping it would be a bit more subtle, lol.
Is there any way to correct this? Thanks.

falcon409
August 28th, 2009, 15:20
I altered the flatten by moving it in to cover only the flightline and rwy area and not the entire area of the photoscenery. . .barring some other suggestion, I'm going with that.

Meshman
August 28th, 2009, 15:43
Sometimes it's the best method to restrict the flatten to areas that need it, rather than encircling the entire grassy area. Some fields I've looked at are setup with the runways and taxiways being on cut and fill, with the remainder of the area keeping it's natural shape. And these are what I call "K fields", not some little dirt strip.

falcon409
August 28th, 2009, 16:10
Sometimes it's the best method to restrict the flatten to areas that need it, rather than encircling the entire grassy area. Some fields I've looked at are setup with the runways and taxiways being on cut and fill, with the remainder of the area keeping it's natural shape. And these are what I call "K fields", not some little dirt strip.
Yea, the result of moving the flatten area in some gives me the effect I need for the main base, the outside areas are secondary anyway and not noticeable at all unless you actually slew at low altitude over every section of the base. . .so this works.