PDA

View Full Version : New pictures of the A2A Piper Cub!

Tim-HH
August 28th, 2009, 10:14
>Stars and Stripes Cub Screenshots< (http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=19209)

And the Accu-Sim manual will be available in the next 24h :jump:

Greetings
Tim

Slug Flyer
August 28th, 2009, 10:25
I'm sure it will be an outstanding product, but I wonder how many payware retreads we need of an aircraft which has a quite nice representation included in the sim to begin with? And I also wonder how much "Accu-Sim" counts for in an aircraft that's pretty much the definition of simplicity?

JT8D-9A
August 28th, 2009, 10:43
I'm sure it will be an outstanding product, but I wonder how many payware retreads we need of an aircraft which has a quite nice representation included in the sim to begin with? And I also wonder how much "Accu-Sim" counts for in an aircraft that's pretty much the definition of simplicity?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HqcAKt9fAM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HqcAKt9fAM&fmt=22)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaT6J0ITzpY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaT6J0ITzpY&fmt=22)

Please release it tomorrow, i have to work on sunday :kilroy:

ryanbatc
August 28th, 2009, 10:49
hmmm, what is he doing in the backseat? :icon_lol:

Looks real solid!

falcon409
August 28th, 2009, 11:14
Yea, the Piper Cub is pretty well represented in both FS9 and FSX. . .but not like this. Of course I'm not privy to anything that anyone else doesn't already know or at least has figured out based on screens and available videos, but the difference will be like going from flying a balsa wood model to the real thing. That's just an opinion mind you, but based on what I've seen that it's capable of, that's my observations talking. It should be amazing.

Scratch
August 28th, 2009, 13:38
Hot Dang!!! They even Accu-Simmed the babe in the plane!!:jump::applause:

Can't wait for the manual to see what key combination they used for the command: "Fetch me a beer woman!" WOO HOO!!

Boomer
August 28th, 2009, 15:23
I will be all over this one! :applause::applause::applause:

spotlope
August 28th, 2009, 15:29
I guess it's time to clean out that pile of junk in my hangar. Looks like I'll need the space soon!

tigisfat
August 28th, 2009, 18:36
This looks like a good release, but I do have to say that Accu-sim means nothing to me. It is the most overrated and unrealistic thing that's ever hit the sim world. There are a lot of people who aren't pilots who think that having an aircraft constantly blowing up or one that is generally difficult to fly equals realism. This couldn't be further from the truth. I may not be a 377 pilot, but I am a pilot and I doubt that even when following the rules the 377 stood a good chance of blowing engines or putting you into the dirt, and if you didn't follow the rules to the T for a split second you'd surely blow a vital component up. I can see it now; the "****" crowd will surely come out in force against me, but most of those experts aren't pilots.

Not only that, but slug flyer's right. I questioned it in the P-47, and now it's just wacky.

It can't be that revolutionary, all they did was make the failure modelling obscene and link voice sounds to certain things. I'm not saying i could do better, but there are developers doing far more amazing things all over the world as we speak.

For whatever it's worth, I do have to admit that it makes the cockpit sure come alive when other crew members are talking to you though. I wish I could have that without the constant threat of not being able to complete a trip around the pattern.

A2A does do a good job anyway, and I might buy a super cub if they made one.

MCDesigns
August 28th, 2009, 19:01
For whatever it's worth, I do have to admit that it makes the cockpit sure come alive when other crew members are talking to you though. I wish I could have that without the constant threat of not being able to complete a trip around the pattern.

THAT is the main reason I'll be getting this and the second part as to what scares me about it. I can see it now "shut up woman, I'm trying to fly the plane!!!"

I am assuming "she" will be visible in the VC, correct?

Slug Flyer
August 28th, 2009, 19:14
THAT is the main reason I'll be getting this and the second part as to what scares me about it. I can see it now "shut up woman, I'm trying to fly the plane!!!"

I am assuming "she" will be visible in the VC, correct?

I ABHOR visible crew/passengers in VCs. They still look like Nintendo 64 or PlayStation One models most of the time.

djscoo
August 28th, 2009, 20:36
This is a sure buy for me when it comes out...But does anyone else think the female in that plane looks straight out of a cartoon? Her features are kinda unnatural to me. As long as there are models without her in it I'm happy.:running:

spotlope
August 28th, 2009, 20:42
She looks fine to me from the exterior view, definitely as well-modeled as any other figure I've seen. The proof will be in how she looks close-up in the VC, and even more so in how she moves. If I know the guys at A2A, they wouldn't even be showing us these shots if they didn't think they'd blow us away with the final result. Based on their track record so far, I trust them to deliver.

djscoo
August 28th, 2009, 21:05
She looks fine to me from the exterior view, definitely as well-modeled as any other figure I've seen. The proof will be in how she looks close-up in the VC, and even more so in how she moves. If I know the guys at A2A, they wouldn't even be showing us these shots if they didn't think they'd blow us away with the final result. Based on their track record so far, I trust them to deliver.

On the subject of her moving, in the screenshots, her arms are in different positions. I used to be impressed when pilot figures looked around, now the passengers get full animation too!:applause:

tigisfat
August 28th, 2009, 21:50
"She is aware of her surroundings, is intelligent, and even spots and calls out traffic for you."

Holy crud, man. I might buy this darned Piper Cub after all. That's cool. I'm glad they're broading the Accusim concept beyond the stereotypical 'fight the engine' garbage that got old fast. I hink that's really cool in any capacity it's employed, and my hat's off to these gentlemen.

gajit
August 28th, 2009, 22:44
Fight the engine garbage! LOL

I think that DJScoo is right - from some angles she looks a bit like Michael Jackson - wont go further as would not want to be disrespectful to the dead.

calypsos
August 29th, 2009, 00:38
I ABHOR visible crew/passengers in VCs. They still look like Nintendo 64 or PlayStation One models most of the time.

I second that!!!!
I also think that the last thing we need is yet another Piper Cub, this airframe has been done so many times, please be creative in future like Tim Conrad!

Zorg_DK
August 29th, 2009, 01:25
For me Accusim adds so much to the FSX experience. I don't feel like I'm fighting the engine(s), instead I feel it's bringing the aircraft and engine to life and it adds sense to follow procedures and checklists knowing everything has realistic consequences.

I can't wait for the Cub - I think its a great choice of aircraft. For me it doesn't matter if it has been done before and exists in stock FSX because I know it will be vastly better.

RudiJG1
August 29th, 2009, 02:57
For me Accusim adds so much to the FSX experience. I don't feel like I'm fighting the engine(s), instead I feel it's bringing the aircraft and engine to life and it adds sense to follow procedures and checklists knowing everything has realistic consequences.

I can't wait for the Cub - I think its a great choice of aircraft. For me it doesn't matter if it has been done before and exists in stock FSX because I know it will be vastly better.

Agree on all counts. :medals:

spotlope
August 29th, 2009, 03:06
I like the concept of Accusim, if for nothing else than it makes the sim pilot aware of the engine for a change. Let's face it, once you're airborne and cruising, things can get dull pretty fast. Having to keep an eye on my engine keeps me sharp and engaged. When I complete a flight, I feel like I've actually done something. ;)

heywooood
August 29th, 2009, 06:34
yes - the Cub has been done to exhaustion, but I'll still get this one - because A2A is that good, and because FSX really shines when you have a full pop beauty of a 3D model to fly.

I do hope one will be able to toggle the passenger on/off though.:kilroy: I got enough women in my world telling me which way to go.

gajit
August 29th, 2009, 07:31
Agree with all you say Heywoooooooood :wavey:

Akatsuki
August 29th, 2009, 07:56
yes - the Cub has been done to exhaustion, but I'll still get this one - because A2A is that good, and because FSX really shines when you have a full pop beauty of a 3D model to fly.

I do hope one will be able to toggle the passenger on/off though.:kilroy: I got enough women in my world telling me which way to go.

I agree with you, especially on the highlighted part.:engel016:

Tim-HH
August 29th, 2009, 14:22
Scott has posted the link to the Accu-Sim manual and two new amazing pictures: A2A Forum (http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=0&t=19209&p=146526#p146526) :jump:

Greetings
Tim

gajit
August 29th, 2009, 14:52
Wow - that is stunning :applause:

falcon409
August 29th, 2009, 15:23
Wow - that is stunning :applause:
Yep, and if you haven't yet, you need to watch the two part video that they produced to show off some of the animations and modeling. . .superb stuff, this is not your run of the mill Cub redone for the umpteenth time.

gajit
August 29th, 2009, 16:09
Yes - seen and read it all. I hope that we get a chance to fly her soon. Great work A2A :ernae:

Zorg_DK
August 30th, 2009, 02:52
I've just read the Accusim manual. I'm extremely excited about this plane. :jump: I'm amazed of the complexity and attention to detail.

This is going to be awesome!!! :applause:

Edit: If I read correctly it is possible to switch off the passenger. Different passengers even react differently to your flying (from scared of flying-type to aerobatic lover).

Oli-TUB
August 30th, 2009, 03:09
Are there any ideas about the pricing of the Cub? Unfortunately A2A is pretty "exclusive".

Zorg_DK
August 30th, 2009, 03:25
I think we should expect something around 60$ with Accusim (the B377 is 62$ with Accusim).

Oli-TUB
August 30th, 2009, 04:26
That's what I fear. That would make it much more expensive than the PMDG J41. Let's hope it's not turning out that way ...

Cag40Navy
August 30th, 2009, 06:36
A2A will make sure that the "price is right"

falcon409
August 30th, 2009, 06:44
I think we should expect something around 60$ with Accusim (the B377 is 62$ with Accusim).
If that's the case, then it'll be a cub without it's daddy, lol. This is going to be a beautiful piece of work, but if the price moves above $35 (my personal limit on most), I'll be more than happy to fly the endless assortment of Cubs/Decathalons, etc. and be just happy as a lark, lol.

Zorg_DK
August 30th, 2009, 07:38
Yeah, I don't hope it will be too expensive either. I'll get it no matter what though. Nothing shall come between me and perfect flight sim realism and immersion :engel016:

But even though A2A's products is more expensive than most others, I feel that I can see where that extra moneys goes.

Oli-TUB: I actually thought PMGD was a lot more expensive... 45$ is not too bad.

Oli-TUB
August 30th, 2009, 08:09
I found that very surprising too. Their MD-11 was rather 'exclusive' but their pricing on the J41 is already set to $45 - which I found quite nice given the complexity, system depth and the great virtual cockpit. That's some well priced addon in these days of economic problems and tight hobby budgets.

A2A will likely argue that the Cub is a great addon even without the accusim but I don't see me paying the accusimless Cub for a price that's close to a J41 or L-39. It's a great achievement for sure and I hope it will be priced 'right'.

fliger747
August 30th, 2009, 13:59
Having briefly benn involved in this some time ago, I will say that it is quite nice, at least in some of the beta work. That the final release will be visually beautiful I have no doubt. The major issue with the default cub is the takeoff and landing manners. Despite being a simple aircraft, flight modeling it in all it's quirks, including slips and spins is no cinch. Hopefully they will have a winner here.

Cheers: t.

arrowmaker
August 31st, 2009, 04:13
I also think that the last thing we need is yet another Piper Cub, this airframe has been done so many times, please be creative in future like Tim Conrad!

Ok there are a few freeware models around, but, as far as I am aware, there are only two FSX payware versions; those from Flight Replica's and FSAddon. So I would'nt exactly say the market is saturated with Cubs. To be honest the A2A model will need to be something REALLY special for me to replace my Flight Replica's Cub, with which I am perfectly happy. Guess I'll wait until the reviews are out.

bluediamond
September 5th, 2009, 18:18
Get your credit cards ready.A quote from Scott over at the A2A forums.

"We've gone gold, which means the build is approved. We are releasing the Cub tomorrow (Sunday)."

:applause::jump::applause:

Michael

VFR Reviews
September 5th, 2009, 20:25
Awesome!!! Thanks for the update :D