PDA

View Full Version : Believe it or not...This is Computer Generated.

djscoo
August 28th, 2009, 10:13
http://www.vimeo.com/5407991

Made using 3dsMax and vray

The only thing that gave it away for me was the camera angles. Some of them were too wild to have been possible without elaborate rigging. :applause:

OBIO
August 28th, 2009, 10:41
Very very amazing. The one thing that kind of spoiled it for me was the wood....just didn't have the richness that real wood has. I have seen several well done CGI pieces, and those with wood always had this "flaw".

OBIO

jmig
August 28th, 2009, 11:32
She is a drawing.

miamieagle
August 28th, 2009, 11:52
Amazing and a bit scary. In the near future unsavoring Goverments and powerful criminal groups would be able to make fake news video reports with the most outragious news stories and manipulate the public to their liking.

On the other hand it looks amazing!

Thank you for sharing it with us!:medals:

djscoo
August 28th, 2009, 12:06
She is a drawing.
Please elaborate...

kilo delta
August 28th, 2009, 12:23
bLiX5d3rC6o

Roger
August 28th, 2009, 12:46
This is onre of those "WoW" threads and I hope it continues for a long time:applause:

Bone
August 28th, 2009, 13:08
She is a drawing.

If only I could draw like that.

safn1949
August 28th, 2009, 13:15
She is a drawing.

The ears and wisps of hair give it away although I wouldn't have noticed but for 2 things.
1) I moderate a forum with thousands of photos and have to watch out for photoshopped stuff all the time.

2)You mentioned it wasn't real,that's the big one.After that I started to look,quite amazing.

jmig
August 28th, 2009, 14:09
Please elaborate...

First of all, I apologize if it looks like I attempted to hijack your thread. You video reminded me of her.

I have been having that picture for well over a year. I saved it to show someone and never deleted it.

I don't remember many details. I think the head was a 3d rendering from Poser or another 3d program. The artist then used Photoshop to build her up to what you see. Regardless, I thought it was an amazing piece of work.

Pilots and actors.... looks like they may both be victims of computers.

TeaSea
August 28th, 2009, 15:55
This is an excellent thread and I was suitably impressed with the quality of the video. JMIG's last comment though kind of spins it off in a different direction.

What is real, and what is not?

We were once told that a picture tells a thousand words...of course, most of us are now sophisticated enough to understand that those words can often be lies.

Now, what does this quality of image tell us?

djscoo
August 28th, 2009, 20:07
First of all, I apologize if it looks like I attempted to hijack your thread. You video reminded me of her.

I have been having that picture for well over a year. I saved it to show someone and never deleted it.

I don't remember many details. I think the head was a 3d rendering from Poser or another 3d program. The artist then used Photoshop to build her up to what you see. Regardless, I thought it was an amazing piece of work.

Pilots and actors.... looks like they may both be victims of computers.
No, no need for apologies... I was just wondering artist, medium etc.
:ernae:

Lionheart
August 28th, 2009, 21:35
An amazing photo John! Thanks for sharing. Scary how real it looks.

Thanks DJScoo also for the link to that film. Some brilliant animation and renderings..

Bill

OBIO
August 28th, 2009, 22:35
It's amazing what can be done with CGI now days. Some artists can make CGI faces seem so life like. Simply amazing!

jmig
August 29th, 2009, 04:33
It's amazing what can be done with CGI now days. Some artists can make CGI faces seem so life like. Simply amazing!

:icon_lol: Is that you? It is sooooo life like!

Toastmaker
August 29th, 2009, 06:33
Hey, I know that guy! He works at the Papa John's pizza place down the road. . .

:running:

Snuffy
August 29th, 2009, 06:40
He must be related to the simpsons ... he's the same skin tone ...

mustard yellow ... I don't know anyone in real life that looks like that. :monkies:

TeaSea
August 29th, 2009, 15:49

:icon_lol:

Navy Chief
August 29th, 2009, 17:06
I sent that link to a really good friend of mine who graduated from Purdue Univ. with a degree in Architectural engineering, many years ago. It really impressed him!

NC

OBIO
August 29th, 2009, 18:10

:icon_lol:

It clearly says that I AM NOT a CGI artist!

OBIO

TeaSea
August 29th, 2009, 21:31
Hah!

Neither am I....thank goodness for these other talented folks!

Lateral-G
August 30th, 2009, 18:51
http://www.vimeo.com/5407991

Made using 3dsMax and vray

The only thing that gave it away for me was the camera angles. Some of them were too wild to have been possible without elaborate rigging. :applause:

Very cool. Blew me away.......

-G-

Lateral-G
August 30th, 2009, 18:52
Amazing and a bit scary. In the near future unsavoring Goverments and powerful criminal groups would be able to make fake news video reports with the most outragious news stories and manipulate the public to their liking.

On the other hand it looks amazing!

Thank you for sharing it with us!:medals:

We move closer to "The Matrix" every year..........