PDA

View Full Version : Alaska or Burst

srgalahad
August 27th, 2009, 17:25
Ahh.. the joys of add-on scenery... hopping my way across the Aleutians on Dave's hoplist and it's time to stop in at AK23 (Driftwood Bay).

Nice trip in the Goose (Bill Lyons) and here I am, but where's the airport???????????????????????????????????????

Guess it's time to get out the flattening knife and cut back that cliff which FSGenesis has provided :icon_lol:

Dangerousdave26
August 28th, 2009, 12:00
I got an idea

Why don't you plop some parking down there and then program some AI Planes in that hole.

Lets see if they get in and out! :applause:

buzzbee
September 12th, 2009, 07:38
I saw that same issue awhile back up there.

Is there an easy way to fix such airfields?

srgalahad
September 12th, 2009, 12:48
Inevitably there are a few airports that don't jive with whatever mesh you may have. This one may be OK with the default, but FSGenesis changes the slopes and the cliff reaches the ocean. Most can be cured or, at least nudged, by using any of the airport design tools like ADE, SceneGenX, FlattX to create a flatten that removes the terrain around the airport or you can try with just AFCAD to raise the airport to the top of the plateau ( which in this case is not correct). Takes a bit of experimenting and may not be worth it if it's not a regular haunt.