PDA

View Full Version : RIP: Ted Kennedy

Silver Fox
August 25th, 2009, 21:35
We knew it was coming, Senator Ted Kennedy has passed away.

Plenty of regrets, but a life full of accomplishments all the same.

Rest In Peace Ted.

MyassisDragon
August 25th, 2009, 21:53
Sorry to hear of it. A man with many flaws but a politician who tried to do the right thing for those less fortunate.

OBIO
August 25th, 2009, 22:11
RIP Mr. Kennedy.

40 plus years of doing what he felt was best for the country and its people.

OBIO

tigisfat
August 26th, 2009, 00:09
Everything you guys have said, from beginning to end, I learned for the first time. You learn something new every day.

Lionheart
August 26th, 2009, 00:40
Rest in Peace Mr. Kennedy.

Sorry to see him go.

Bill

Crusader
August 26th, 2009, 02:19
Wow , very sorry to see him pass . Very sad indeed . RIP Sen. Kennedy .

Snuffy
August 26th, 2009, 03:00
My mother always told me that if I couldn't say anything nice then don't say anything at all ...

That said, Short though his life was, John was the better ...

RIH Edward :kilroy:

jmig
August 26th, 2009, 03:44
Whatever we may think or say is immaterial. He is with God now, or for Atheists an extinguished candle.

Since I am a believer, I will leave his soul in the capable hands of God and follow Snuffy's mom's advise on his political values.

May he rest in peace.

Rami
August 26th, 2009, 04:31
Rest in piece, Ted. Thanks for all you have done.

3/7charlie
August 26th, 2009, 05:42
That was uncalled for
so i deleted it
never do that again
Henry

Cratermaker
August 26th, 2009, 05:47
Well this thread lasted 9 posts. :isadizzy:

exc141ac
August 26th, 2009, 05:59
I meet him a couple of times
(but not during his finer periods).

We could use him right now -- again.

Cactuskid
August 26th, 2009, 06:07
While I may not have agreed with him politically, he dedicated his life to the service of his country, and for that, he has my respect. :medals:

Rest in peace Senator Kennedy...

b24_witchcraft
August 26th, 2009, 08:03
Can't say that I agreed with his politics sometimes.
He has my respect (and the respect of many Americans) for his service to his country.:medals:
However brain cancer - what an awful way to go. The pain is finally over now. Rest in peace Senator Kennedy.

lifejogger
August 26th, 2009, 09:05
Just heard he died, very sad the last of the four brothers. At least he lived his life doing what he believed in.

jkcook28
August 26th, 2009, 09:50
...very sad the last of the four brothers...

Not so fast, listen to this goof: http://www.mofopolitics.com/2009/08/26/video-chris-matthews-obama-is-the-last-kennedy-brother/ :rolleyes:

TARPSBird
August 26th, 2009, 11:32
Chris Matthews is so :censored:ing full of crap it's pathetic. Why doesn't he just come out of the closet and tell us he has a crush on Obama. I've never been a fan of Ted Kennedy or his brand of liberal politics but I respect him for his service to his country and I never felt his actions were motivated towards intentionally harming the country, as it seems to be nowadays.

FAC257
August 26th, 2009, 12:41
When we were stationed at Andrews AFB during the mid to late 60's, our parents would take and drop us off at the Mall while they went shopping. At that time there were no actual shopping malls and the Mall to us was everything between the US Capital Building and the Washington Monument.

We had free reign to go anywhere we wanted during the day, as long as we were on the sidewalk in front of the Natural History Museum at the designated pick-up time.

We spent most of our time going through all of the museums. Once in a while we would head to the Capital when the Senate was in session and head up to the gallery. The only thing about sitting above the Senate floor that still sticks out in my head were three particular Senators. Robert and Ted Kennedy and Everett Dirkson. As little kids we didn't understand exactly who they were but we knew at the time that Bobby and Ted were famous people and Everett Dirkson was somebody important.

FAC