PDA

View Full Version : Something new!

Bravo/4
October 22nd, 2008, 16:56
Thought I'd let the cat out of the bag and show you how this old crate is coming along, I know a few of you have been waiting a long time!:d

This is Greg (SeaCondor's) beautifull new Defiant model, its still in development, but as you can see very well advanced, I've had it a few days now, and have got the basic paint in place, camo and NF schemes will follow. No pit shots at the moment, I haven't started painting that yet!

The model is top notch, you will love it!:mixedsmi:

williamtong
October 22nd, 2008, 16:59
looking quite lovely

lewis11777
October 22nd, 2008, 17:19
Very very nice! Great job Seacondor and John! That thing has some wicked firepower. :ernae:

Speaking of new models there was a Catalina that was going to be released in MAW 2. Probably won't see MAW 2 but does anyone know who built that Catalina?

Capt. Winters
October 22nd, 2008, 17:22
Hi Guys,

Hi John, man thats looking sweet!!! the BoB period just got a whole lot more real.. cant wait. great work both of you. :ernae:
I'm one of the guys whos been waiting a while, but I know good things come to those who wait.:wavey:

regards Rob.

Squiffy
October 22nd, 2008, 17:25
Holy cr@#! That is increadible! Turret.....rivets.....wooooah!

Safety catches off!

:medals:

pachi
October 22nd, 2008, 17:33
a Defiant how awesome:applause::applause::ernae:

mongoose
October 22nd, 2008, 17:47
Clive will have a w== dream!!!

Pat Pattle
October 22nd, 2008, 21:53
Clive will have a w== dream!!!

Certainly did! This has been a long time coming :rolleyes:.

It looks as good as I ever hoped and in Gregs words it has one of the most detailed (or was it THE most) detailed pits he's done. Can't wait.

That paint-jobs beautiful John.:jump::jump::jump: Any ideas at this stage what variants will be made and skinned??
I like that you've made the prototype a/c, sorry to ask, but will it be made with the correct exhaust stubs? :)

You guys have just put the cherry on the cfs3 cake.:birthday2

You'll need a beta tester I'm sure! :d

ronnybengt
October 22nd, 2008, 22:22
bravo....!! bravo....:applause:.....another juicy target fur jagdwaffe.....apart from that....incredicble skin work...:ernae:
thnxm8

R

SLIP STREAM
October 22nd, 2008, 22:50
it looks top notch john :applause: i see you even have accomidations for the ac light and wing tip fixture.thanks for putting in that much detail

BeauBrummie
October 22nd, 2008, 23:30
A really wonderful model, I wonder how they're going to deal with the flight model so the pilot/gunner can use the appropriate tactics. A bog standard fighter FM wouldn't give the gunner a chance. I've found that out when I've tried to recreate Coastal Command missions where their heavies take on Luftwaffe bombers the FM's don't like it.

Beau

Beau

remcoc
October 23rd, 2008, 02:31
Hi Greg, John,

A brilliant piece of work!!!!
And what a stamina!

RemcoC

phrog_phixer
October 23rd, 2008, 05:19
Absolutely BRILLIANT!

pete1
October 23rd, 2008, 06:37
awesome guys,thanks greg and john for this outstanding addition to cfs3.

O-1Driver
October 23rd, 2008, 06:41
John,

Thanks for sharing.

We need to talk to Greg about letting me add the correct muzzle flashes for each gun and new tracers before release.:d

Steve

Bravo/4
October 23rd, 2008, 08:12
Certainly did! This has been a long time coming :rolleyes:.

It looks as good as I ever hoped and in Gregs words it has one of the most detailed (or was it THE most) detailed pits he's done. Can't wait.

That paint-jobs beautiful John.:jump::jump::jump: Any ideas at this stage what variants will be made and skinned??
I like that you've made the prototype a/c, sorry to ask, but will it be made with the correct exhaust stubs? :)

You guys have just put the cherry on the cfs3 cake.:birthday2

You'll need a beta tester I'm sure! :d

Clive, this skin wasn't really planned for release, but I will include it, as it looks quite nice! It's my base texture, just stuck the roundles on it to make it look pretty for you, although it is based on one of the later upgraded prototypes, they fitted revised exhaust stacks, and replaced the tail skid with a wheel, and more importantly fitted the turret!:mixedsmi:

Greg has modelled the Mk I Merlin III engine version, so you'll see camo, (I'm on that at the mo) and NF all black schemes. I don't think he's planning any other variants? I'm more than happy to get my hands on this one:d

BTW if you have any info on the Defiant, I'd love to see it, can't have enough info!

Bravo/4
October 23rd, 2008, 08:14
John,

Thanks for sharing.

We need to talk to Greg about letting me add the correct muzzle flashes for each gun and new tracers before release.:d

Steve

I'm sure he'll be interested Steve:mixedsmi:

Bravo/4
October 23rd, 2008, 08:16
Thanks for all the comments guy's, I'll show more shots as it progresses:mixedsmi:

Starspeeder_3000
October 23rd, 2008, 09:22
Wow, simply wonderful work, this is truly great news!!! :ernae::applause:

zenon
October 23rd, 2008, 10:21
:medals::medals::ernae::applause::ernae::applause: Bravo !

hairyspin
October 23rd, 2008, 10:46
A much neglected aircraft and a very fine model indeed! :applause::applause::applause:

hairyspin
October 23rd, 2008, 10:50
A much neglected aircraft and a fine model indeed!

hairyspin
October 23rd, 2008, 10:51
A fine model indeed! :applause::applause::applause:

cargomann
October 23rd, 2008, 22:13
looks great !!!! another flying target!!!!:d
:ernae::applause::applause:

Pat Pattle
October 23rd, 2008, 22:58
BTW if you have any info on the Defiant, I'd love to see it, can't have enough info!

Have you seen the drawings & plans I sent Greg? If not I'll get them to you over the weekend.

Most of the info I have is in the Alec Brew & Mark Ansell books plus I have the old camouflage and markings books so if there's anything in particular you need I'll scan it.

Any chance of something before christmas? :d:applause::jump:

Bravo/4
October 24th, 2008, 10:45
Clive, no I don't think I've seen those plans, but I do have some "ok" one's which I've worked off!
I'm not after anything in particular, but it can be surprising what turns up when you ask!:d
If you have a certain profile or two you want me to do, send it my way!

Not sure on the release date, Greg still has stuff to do, and the pit will take me a while to skin, so can't promise anything!

hairyspin
October 24th, 2008, 10:56
A much neglected aircraft and a very fine model indeed! :applause::applause::applause:

Sorry about the multi-posts, chaps. :redf: Not trying to take the michael, ISP problems I presume.

noelberrier
October 24th, 2008, 22:37
At least Defiant is no more a neglected aircraft with such attention as three post in a minute :costumes: :costumes:

Bravo/4
October 25th, 2008, 16:13
Here's an updated prototype, and the first camo scheme, looks even better now!:d

NachtPiloten
October 25th, 2008, 16:20
Here's an updated prototype, and the first camo scheme, looks even better now!:d

:costumes:
How does it look on fire!!!!:costumes:

As always John superior work!:applause:

Bravo/4
October 25th, 2008, 17:01
Thanks Ted, it hasn't been shot at yet, but I see your concocting something to make sure it does!:icon_lol:

lewis11777
October 25th, 2008, 17:08
John that looks awesome, great job!:jump:

Pat Pattle
October 25th, 2008, 23:06
Oh my word! What a beautiful sight.:applause::applause::applause::applause::app lause:

Frosty
October 26th, 2008, 05:30

I know George Lucas was very much inspired by WWII dogfights when he thought out the first three Star Wars movies but that he also copied the camouflaged Defiant's code as a name for those little furballs on Endor is new to me ;)

But a lovely model it is!!! Can't wait to see it in action myself.

Lionus
October 26th, 2008, 07:58
I know George Lucas was very much inspired by WWII dogfights when he thought out the first three Star Wars movies but that he also copied the camouflaged Defiant's code as a name for those little furballs on Endor is new to me ;)

But a lovely model it is!!! Can't wait to see it in action myself.

Nice one :d

MAULET
October 26th, 2008, 10:36
it's getting better... when we'll be able to download it...?
thanks in advance
Jose
:applause::applause:

Bravo/4
October 26th, 2008, 12:40
Thought I'd show you a few more, the model is still quite away from release, the pit will take a big chunk of time, be worth the wait though!

I'll be moving on to the Dornier model in the last pic for a short while now,(Ted's gunning for me:icon_lol:) then I'll be back on the Defiant cockpit!
All good stuff!!

BeauBrummie
October 26th, 2008, 14:08
Hey John,
I hope Ted's asked for a KG40 skin for the Dornier to add to his Sea Eagle collection.

Beau

Bravo/4
October 26th, 2008, 14:56
Hey John,
I hope Ted's asked for a KG40 skin for the Dornier to add to his Sea Eagle collection.

Beau

Don't worry, you'll be catered for!:d

NachtPiloten
October 26th, 2008, 16:13
Hey John,

Beau

I have several Kg 40 Dorniers an E2 and E4 plus you'll get an E5! We'll have a special operations E4 and a plain Jane E2/4 model(s). The E5 will be used to launch those pesky Hs 293's!

stumpjumper1
October 26th, 2008, 16:31
nacht any chance of say a do17 e f or even p models woudl benice to add these to the spainish civial war era

BeauBrummie
October 26th, 2008, 22:48
:applause::greenbo::ernae: ..........we are not worthy!

Any clues which Staffel/Gruppe? I ask this as I'm makng a Sea Eagles mission pack. I'm doing a couple of Dornier missions and it'd be handy to have an idea which base to use (plus I'm a greedy boy:jump:).

Beau

Pat Pattle
October 26th, 2008, 22:57
What's that bally Jerry stuff doing on such a fine thread!! :icon31::d

John, I expect it's in the works :) but any chance of a 264 sqdn skin please! :jump: They had far better success with the a/c than 141 sqdn.

Found a couple more links & pics..

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31021

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/History/1940s/AC-Defiant.html

http://www.classicairframes.com/articles.htm

http://www.military.cz/british/air/war/fighter/defiant/defi_row.jpg

http://hsfeatures.com/images/defiantgp_16.jpg

http://www.pewteraircraft.com/RAF/DEFIANT/DEFIANT-264.jpg

http://www.petergoodearl.plus.com/airdays/raf50/defiant.jpg

http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/BARC/images/defiant-2.jpg

ronnybengt
October 27th, 2008, 03:50
GREat !!!! stuff the DO 217 E5 for KG 40....supreme.!!!!!!
if ya want any painting for KG40 just holler......( if not Bravo do em!!!)

I am skinning the me 410 ogKG2 ( right now) which were KG40 and then later turned into ZG51 ( ithink)
thanx
R

NachtPiloten
October 27th, 2008, 04:22
nacht any chance of say a do17 e f or even p models woudl benice to add these to the spainish civial war era

What about the do 17 in ETO? That is a nice one! Is that a z model???? Don't know very much about Do 17's at the moment.

NachtPiloten
October 27th, 2008, 04:39
:applause::greenbo::ernae: ..........we are not worthy!

Any clues which Staffel/Gruppe? I ask this as I'm makng a Sea Eagles mission pack. I'm doing a couple of Dornier missions and it'd be handy to have an idea which base to use (plus I'm a greedy boy:jump:).

Beau

But certainly:
Do 217 E2 F8 MP of 6/KG40
Do 217 E4 F8 GN of II/KG40
Do 217 E4 F8 EM of 4/KG 40

stumpjumper1
October 27th, 2008, 05:25
What about the do 17 in ETO? That is a nice one! Is that a z model???? Don't know very much about Do 17's at the moment.
yeah it s a z

ronnybengt
October 27th, 2008, 07:02
@ nacht....skins done ehhhh???:redf:

well, Bravo is the man....

R

NachtPiloten
October 27th, 2008, 08:11
@ nacht....skins done ehhhh???:redf:

well, Bravo is the man....

R

Not all. There could be others done.

ronnybengt
October 27th, 2008, 08:12
thy knoweth my e-mail:jump::jump:

PAUKE
R

Bravo/4
October 27th, 2008, 09:11
Clive, yes I already have info on that one, it will be done! Thanks for the links:ernae:
P.S. sorry about Jerry showing up, something to shoot at!:d

ndicki
October 28th, 2008, 00:08
Got here a bit late - but that looks fantastic! I've been hoping for a long, long time... :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump: