PDA

View Full Version : Ford Control Tower in the sim screenes

Robert John
August 24th, 2009, 16:18
Hi
Here is two screenshots of the control tower in the sim.
Is there anyone that can make a dp for the tower before I upload it.
The textures can be changed very easly so the users can change them to any colour the want to fit in with the time frame.
If someone can help with makeing better textures etc PM me.
Hope to upload the compleated project very soon.
Many thanks to Bobhegf who asked for this project and I will make distroyable Hangers to fit in to a pre 1941 era seen at pearl harbour.
I like to here your comments so please dont be shy.
I have really enjoyed this project.
Very tired
Robert John
Good nite from the south west of england.

TARPSBird
August 24th, 2009, 21:09
Robert John,
The tower looks great but you may be a bit short on the overall height. I found a good photo of the tower (see below) from a website and did some dimensional calculations (using pixel values) based on the approximate height of a six-foot-tall person next to the tower. I came up with 170-175 feet from the foundation of the Air Ops building to the top of the tower (including the controllers' structure), and 17 feet diameter for the tube. The balcony landings are about 30 feet diameter. I don't know how measurements are scaled in flight sim obect design so I gladly defer to your work, or if it's not a big deal to adjust you might want to tweak it a bit. Just my 2 cents since you asked for comments.

Talon
August 25th, 2009, 04:04
It was 158ft high.

Talon

Jagdflieger
August 25th, 2009, 04:10
Robert,

It's looking great! I can't help you with the DP, but I'm sure that one of our DP masters will soon volunteer.

In the meantime, you could use the DP from a stock building of similar size and rename it to match the name of your new control tower as a temporary measure. While not a perfect solution, it would allow it to be tested and to also be placed into the GSL scenery layer as a permenent part of the CFS 2 world.

TARPSBird
August 25th, 2009, 08:33
It was 158ft high.
Talon
Thanks Talon, I was kinda hoping somebody knew the true height.
Well, at 170 feet I wasn't too far off considering I did the math from a photo and visualized a man standing on the tower balcony to get my six-foot measurement. :icon_lol: Robert John's version will look good on Ford Island.