PDA

View Full Version : Taking a unplanned hiatus...

Rami
August 24th, 2009, 13:43
To all,

I will not be able to work on missions or campaigns for an undetermined length of time. My parents will be losing their health care coverage in several days, because with his pension they make just above the "bracket" for their current coverage. I am absolutely livid, because with their medical problems and the amount of prescriptions they need, this will either bankrupt or kill them in short order. My father is disabled with COPD, my mother has chronic renal failure and requires PROCRIT. She also has bipolar disorder, necessitating the need for numerous prescriptions.

Obviously, I have taken up the fight to rectify this situation. I'm going over to their house in the morning to work out the details and get this straightened out. If I need to, I'll call state reps and senators to get this solved. They know full well who I am, they've dealt with me before.

I will still monitor the forums and help out when I can. but I have other priorities at the moment. Please pray for my mom and dad, as well as patience for me fighting my way through government red tape.

mariereid
August 24th, 2009, 13:56
Prayers for your mom, dad, and all. I think what we need is
free health care and free meds for all, at the very LEAST for the old and for the kids. It used to be very good up here, until the insurance got into the picture. Good luck bud.

Shadow Wolf 07
August 24th, 2009, 14:13
I hope everything works out for you and yours.

The_Editor
August 24th, 2009, 14:14
Good luck.

Hope everything can be sorted out.

Bill Kestell
August 24th, 2009, 14:24
Hey, Rami ... we'll put this on our prayer list!

Quicksand
August 24th, 2009, 14:28
Rami, our prayers are with you, buddy. Every day.......:engel016:

Sopwith Chameleon
August 24th, 2009, 16:47
Good Luck Andrew - I know you'll get it sorted.

miamieagle
August 24th, 2009, 17:14
My prayers will be with you and your family!

We all need God's help in our lives!

dvslats
August 24th, 2009, 19:54
Good luck Rami. Give 'em Hell. Stinking bureaucrats. Your parents deserve the best.

Wulf190
August 24th, 2009, 23:18
Hey Rami! Just come back here if you need to take a break to refit and rearm!

BTW, I'm not sure, but haven't you fought with the red-tapers over this before? You would think they would remember who they are dealing with.

Go get um Tiger!:gameon:

Finn
August 24th, 2009, 23:36
All the best wishes. With your determination you are sure to succeed. We all cross fingers for you.
Finn

Morton
August 25th, 2009, 01:59
My thoughts goes to your famliy Rami. I everything else fails, consider moving to Norway. We'll take are of you, everything paid for..

Mort

hewman100
August 25th, 2009, 02:00
Go get 'em Rami! We're all behind on this one!

Hern07
August 25th, 2009, 07:43
Good luck and God bless. You have our prayers.

mariano
August 25th, 2009, 07:56
I wish you Good luck Rami- the best for your parents !

thomas

Rami
August 26th, 2009, 19:37
Update...I helped my parents file a formal appeal, and also I called a State representative to get a little push on the process. I have many other avenues to take if this is unsuccessful.

The timing on this really s*cks. My dad is due for a prostate biopsy to determine whether or not he has prostate cancer on September 7th, because his PSA score is a 5. Their coverage is due to lapse September 2nd.

Hopefully, this will all be ironed out soon. With school coming up and my twins approaching two, life is a little stressful right now. Thanks to all of your for your kind words, and keeping the forum stable. I hope to be back to my normal self very soon. At the moment, I'd madder than a hornet's nest.

DHC120
August 26th, 2009, 22:12
Rami;
We don't know each other, but we are "friends" behind the (virtual) Pilot's Wings.. that's all that's needed.
I wish your parents well, and support you in your fight.. I've walked in your shoes.
All the best, my friend.
Charles.

watchdog22
August 26th, 2009, 22:55
Hook in Rami! I love your "take no prisoners" approach. You only get the 1 pair of parents and I think yours are lucky to have you to go in to bat for them, best of luck mate

Skywolf
August 27th, 2009, 10:50
Keep it up sir! don't those red-tapers rest for a minute.

OBIO
August 27th, 2009, 11:05
Rami

Fight the good fight. Prayers are in the air for you and your family.

OBIO

Rami
August 27th, 2009, 14:13
To all,

I needed a break this afternoon to de-stress, so while my wife was working and my children were asleep, I smoked a cigar, poured a couple of glasses of 14 year-old scotch, and listen to one of my favorite albums..Neil Young's 1969 album "Everybody knows this is nowhere" cover-to-cover. Cinnamon girl has always been one of my favorite songs, I love the harmony.

I'm feeling a bit better now. :icon29:

Tomorrow..I renew the fight.

Devildog73
August 27th, 2009, 16:09
Rami, I am on my laptop without your email. Send me an email so that I can reply to you. I have some info for you on this.

Rami
August 27th, 2009, 17:38
E-mail sent.

Jean Bomber
August 28th, 2009, 12:59
Courage Rami !I've have knowed a similar situation in a recent past ....

"Harvest" is my favorite Neil Young's Album I love particulary the "Old man" song for the beat and the harmony ..... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif
music is for life like the air

JP

crashaz
August 28th, 2009, 19:11
Prayers out to you and your family buddy! It's a tough fight just keep at it!

erufle
August 29th, 2009, 03:54
:a1451:

Lo siento. I am currently without coverage because I switched jobs. Since I knew I would be without coverage for three months I tried to find some temporary coverage. Surprise! No one wanted to cover a 51-year-old man who had been through a couple of back operations. F@#k this s$#t! I do not know if Obama's health care reforms are going to help this situation any, but if health care in this country does not improve my senior years are gonna suck big time.

I am with you Rami. Sorry about making this about me, but we all should be very concerned and pull together on this subject. If there is anything I can do let me know. I would be more than happy to sign a petition or whatever. Just let me know bro. Good luck with your parents and my prayers are with you.

Rami
August 29th, 2009, 06:13
Erufle,

Comments like that help, it makes me realize I'm not fighting through this alone.

trasno
August 29th, 2009, 13:35
Rami, here in Spain medical care is a constitutional right, and all citizens are covered... so I hope Obama can carry his reform forward. I work at a hospital, and I think that medical care is SACRED, and an obligation for every goverment. Hope you can go on.
All the best.
Trasno

Fibber
August 29th, 2009, 19:54
Lets keep the political discussion off this problem that Rami has. I myself have my own medical problems and care for a 97 year old mother and have my own opinions of the so-called "fix" which I will not mention due to my own call for de-politicalization of the subject.

Rami, my best to you in dealing with the bureaucracy, especially in your state.

Blondi
August 30th, 2009, 13:04
Good luck Rami. All my prayers are with you in this fight.God bless.

BLONDI:cost1: