PDA

View Full Version : Bell412 Startup - SP2 & The Acceleration Pack SP2

Timm
August 24th, 2009, 09:46
Hi Guys,
Here is an interesting thing I have just found. I have been running FSX with just SP2 as an addon extra and not installed through the Acceleration pack Now the 412 started up a treat no probelms. Now I have just installed a small scenery addon (Bremerton KPWT) and this scenery need the acceleration pack as this had some scenery bits that KWPT needed. fine took out stand alone SP2 installed the Acceleration pack and bugger the 412 will not start. Goes through the correct startup and about 5 seconds into the startup everything just dies on us all gauges go down etc. Very spooky has anyone had this and is this the same in what others are saying when the can't get her going? Timm

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9075/ss0.jpg

spotlope
August 24th, 2009, 10:27
I've read the accounts of startup problems, but I'm not having any issues with it. I followed the checklist procedure, and it starts up every time for me using FSX/Accel. That's not much help, but it does seem to prove that that's something besides a basic incompatibility between the 412 and Accel. going on.

MCDesigns
August 24th, 2009, 10:35
I would think it might have something to do with your default flight and how it was saved..

spotlope
August 24th, 2009, 10:40
Good point, Michael. I'm using the default startup flight (ultralight at Friday Harbor) -- you might try resetting that as your default flight and see if it helps.

Timm
August 24th, 2009, 11:30
Hi Guys,
You were all spot on did what you mentioned and the beauty is up. I also contacted Cera as well and they have just sent me this which confirmed in what you guys stated. Thanks for help. Timm

<link title="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\CARLOS~1\CONFIG~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\cli p_filelist.xml" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CCARLOS%7E1%5CCONFIG%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel="File-List"><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:70.85pt 85.05pt 70.85pt 85.05pt; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>Please do not load a previously saved flight with other aircraft .<o:p></o:p>
please try this:<o:p></o:p>

1. Open FSX (fsx.exe).<o:p></o:p>
2. On the main menu, click free flight.<o:p></o:p>
3. Change the current aircraft to any of Cera Bell 412 Ep<o:p></o:p>
4. Change the current location (your favorite city).<o:p></o:p>
5. Change the current time and season.<o:p></o:p>
6. Click Fly Now.
7. No press Ctrl + E keys

8. Follow the Bell 412 EP checklist or Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyaVam4pv0s&eurl=http://cerasimaircraft.com/video.html&feature=player_embedded).<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Best regards<o:p></o:p>

Cera Simaircraft Team <o:p></o:p>

MCDesigns
August 24th, 2009, 11:34
Glad you got it working Timm! :ernae:

bushpilot
August 24th, 2009, 12:12
It would be kind of handy feature to have those engines up and running after you save/load your flight. I usually don't have time to do long haul flights so I tend to save them in the middle and continue flying later when I have time. But that is impossible with this. It's just no joy loading your flight and finding yourself at 5000ft with your engines shut:wiggle:.

MCDesigns
August 24th, 2009, 12:16
It would be kind of handy feature to have those engines up and running after you save/load your flight. I usually don't have time to do long haul flights so I tend to save them in the middle and continue flying later when I have time. But that is impossible with this. It's just no joy loading your flight and finding yourself at 5000ft with your engines shut:wiggle:.

Agreed.

CBris
August 24th, 2009, 12:53
I am on FSX, SP2, Accell...

Never any problems starting (after I had read the manual and watched the vids)

I do not normally need to load any default aircraft or other flight first. Straight in works for me. The main bugs are things like you cannot save an in-flight flight, because the re-load next time you start FSX will start cold and dark - even if you are a thousand feet up, so you'll spin in and crash.

barryward12345
August 24th, 2009, 22:53
Hmmm - I always thought ( from way back in FS2004 days) that the best way to load a new complex a/c was to firstly load a default flight and default a/c (with all default systems turned off) - then load the complex a/c.

Barry