PDA

View Full Version : Terran Conflict X3; Extreme Addiction!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lionheart
August 23rd, 2009, 23:51
Oh man....

What have I done..

I bought a simple SciFi game that could take my mind off of things in the evenings... EEEEEKS!

This is one awesome game! or is it a sim? I have traveresed so many solar systems, just out of curiosity. I have been learning to make money on their shipping, (I am a merchant pilot with a ship that hauls frieght).

I can only tell you that I am massively fascinated....

Bill

mike_cyul
August 24th, 2009, 07:52
That actually looks pretty cool. May have to give it a try!

:)

Mike

Lionheart
August 24th, 2009, 09:15
That actually looks pretty cool. May have to give it a try!

:)

Mike

Mike,

Beware... This is a huge game or sim or whatever it is. The amount of learning you have to do is pretty huge. For a week, I was only booting it up and playing with controls and things, trying to figure things out. I am now at the point that I am getting some things working, doing some discoveries into other star systems, learning how to trade, etc.

There are different things you can do, like being a fighter pilot, pirate, trader, manufacturer, running things, etc. There are so many directions to take that at first it leaves you sort of lost.

You have been warned...

Right now, I have been going through the jump rings, discovering the new systems and sectors, finding manufacturing plants and things. The NAV system doesnt show you every detail till you are right up on things, so I have to cruise up to rings to find out where they jump you too, get near fascilities to find out what they do, etc.

I have been scanned quite a few times now for illegal cargo. The Argon fighter pilot police force are in quite a few places. You can haul illegal things like 'space fuel' (whiskey?) which is illegal to be traded (I dont know why), and so if you are caught with that or other things, you are out of business.

So far, I am trading fuel cells to a fascility in the Argon Prime sector, from a manufacturer in the 'The Wall' sector.

The ship in the screenshots in the foreground is my baby. I need to get the hull lengthened (cargo sections added) so I can trade more and then make more. There are a ton of things you can do to them at the upgrade fascilities. There are also cheat scripts at the X3 website. I havent installed those yet.

Pretty wild... :d

Oh.. The planets and asteroids are amazing. They look real like you cannot believe. Some planets are absolutely beautiful and different from Earth and have these cloud systems over them that you can barely see move gently accross the landscape below. I found one planet last night that looked like Mars a bit, but lighter colored soil throughout. It had a red dwarf sort of sun, so everything was reddish.

Bill

gigabyte
August 24th, 2009, 18:10
Hey Bill, I see you are hooked...lol It is an amazing game/sim/world of it's own. Once you build up enough credits, get into Asteroid Mining, that is a BLAST (in more ways than one...lol).

I see from the Screen shots you have the Terrian Conflict, that is the latest, I have been messing with the previous version X3 Reunion, almost the same as far as I can tell, the interface is slightly upgraded, and the story line is expamded, but the gameplay is pretty much the same from what I have read so far. I must get to EB Games and pick up Terrin Conflict, I never tire of this game and that looks like the next logical step to me.

I have been playing off and on for a couple of years, I charted almost 100 systems and thought I had most of them, then I came across a map another player posted of the systems he had charted... I am not even close. There are jump gates that are very hard to find and some that I think do not appear until you reach a certain level of wealth or "renown", I am not sure? I am at around 5.5 million credits and I am shooting for 20 so I can buy a couple of ships and hire some good pilots as wingmen to help me, then I will do some serious Bounty Hunting, or maybe a little Privateering, who knows.

I have to say it is an amazing game, you can choose many different paths, and the whole experience is totally different depending on the path you choose.

I am playing the role of Explorer right now, just a short diversion from my regular character, quite fun actually, and it is very different from the grind of the trade routes.

FengZ
August 24th, 2009, 18:36
looks like a cool game/sim bill! Hmm....soooo tempting. Do you ever see people (not other players, but AI pilots walking around in lounges, etc) in this game? Or just outsides of spaceships? Cuz it'll be cool to dock your ship and go for a drink at the local cantina....chat it up w/ some crusty fighter jocks...

I too have been addicted playing another game called Fallout 3. I bought it last week....and man, the game is just too awesome. Games such as Fallout 3 and Oblivion (same developer) are completely open for the community to "mod." (way more than FS). And a lot of the content is super professional (and all free). So it's best to wait about 2 years before playing. Cuz now, these games have been completely modded by the community; from re-balancing them to adding thousands of new content.... i haven't even booted up FS9 for 3 weeks now...:kilroy:

-feng

gigabyte
August 24th, 2009, 18:47
Feng, there are no station shots or interaction in Reunion, I am not sure about Terran Conflict but I don't think so, you dock at different stations and you get little Comm Windows where you interact with the AI characters. I was kind of hoping for that type of thing as well, but the only space sims where I have seen that so far are the old Wing Commander/Privateer series, Star Lancer, and Dark Star One, there were a couple of short cut scenes in Freelancer. I really like the off ship aspect of those games, and if that was added to X3 it would be close to the holy grail of sims for this old space dog.

Still in all it is a great experience and very wide open, there is a huge modding community, I have messed with a few of the Mods, but I am not quite at the level of most of those players so I don't bother too much with that I just enjoy prowl;ing around space exploring.

djscoo
August 24th, 2009, 18:57
looks like a cool game/sim bill! Hmm....soooo tempting. Do you ever see people (not other players, but AI pilots walking around in lounges, etc) in this game? Or just outsides of spaceships? Cuz it'll be cool to dock your ship and go for a drink at the local cantina....chat it up w/ some crusty fighter jocks...

I too have been addicted playing another game called Fallout 3. I bought it last week....and man, the game is just too awesome. Games such as Fallout 3 and Oblivion (same developer) are completely open for the community to "mod." (way more than FS). And a lot of the content is super professional (and all free). So it's best to wait about 2 years before playing. Cuz now, these games have been completely modded by the community; from re-balancing them to adding thousands of new content.... i haven't even booted up FS9 for 3 weeks now...:kilroy:

-feng
I just finished Fallout 3 on the Xbox, I liked it so much I got Oblivion off of Steam. You can tell they are both Bethesda. They know their RPGs, they actually made a Pirates of the Caribbean RPG for that was really good (and oft overlooked). You started off as an apprentice with a schooner and could work your way up to cargo ships and massive warships. There was a main storyline but you could also just explore and discover islands, trade goods between islands, or become a pirate or a privateer. It had a karma system like Fallout. The best part was that you had full control of everything, sailing, battle, and then you could go into town and talk to people and buy stuff.

Lionheart
August 24th, 2009, 21:29
Hey guys,

Nope.. Cant wonder around talking to people in X3-TC. That would be cool...

Man Giggabyte! Over 100 worlds!!!?? I am up to 18 systems and freaking out that I find more.. over 100???? dang.. Double dang..

So many wild things to discover. I watched a dog fight for a moment between AI before I went back through a gate, (run away, run away...!) I am not heavily shielded presently, nor heavily armed.. More like a scout.

In a few ways, its like a game I used to play long ago. I think it was called the Puritan? About an early European trader in the year 1200, I think.. 1200 or 1400.. 1402 AD? Great sim. Different music for different docks/towns. Different architectures, etc.. Same systems of trade and all, pirates, etc..

Bill

FengZ
August 25th, 2009, 01:06
Feng, there are no station shots or interaction in Reunion, I am not sure about Terran Conflict but I don't think so, you dock at different stations and you get little Comm Windows where you interact with the AI characters. I was kind of hoping for that type of thing as well, but the only space sims where I have seen that so far are the old Wing Commander/Privateer series, Star Lancer, and Dark Star One, there were a couple of short cut scenes in Freelancer. I really like the off ship aspect of those games, and if that was added to X3 it would be close to the holy grail of sims for this old space dog.

Still in all it is a great experience and very wide open, there is a huge modding community, I have messed with a few of the Mods, but I am not quite at the level of most of those players so I don't bother too much with that I just enjoy prowl;ing around space exploring.

thanks for the info. Yeah, the latest Freelancer had the "space lounge" thing, but you can tell that the developer just copy/pasted them all over the place. Everyone says the same thing and assigns the same missions...no matter what factions they were part of. I got bored of Freelancer after about 3 days...

this game does seem appealing. I love space exploration games...makes you feel so small in a vast universe. Might have to buy it now. It looks like EVE Online...but single player?

-feng

Brian_Gladden
August 25th, 2009, 03:34
I just wish that whoever was developing the long rumored Firefly/Serenity MMOG could get it approved by Fox and Universal and released.

Brian

Lionheart
August 25th, 2009, 06:17
Feng,

When you were asking if you see anyone else out there, by meaning other ships as well, there are tons of AI ships.. Tons.. While you are docked at a station or factory fascility, ships will come in and dock next to you. There are tons of little fighters and private ships (civilian) flying around, as well as naval dreadnaughts and small and large frieghters.

When you come up to a jump ring (giant stargate looking structure, 4 in each system, called East, West, North, and South gates, and each goes to a certain ring in another system), as you get close to it, these approach lights go off. If someone is going through the other side, it reverses. The rings are always going off from all the traffic going through them.

I went through one right last night, and stayed in front of it for a moment. Bad move. Another ship warped through and came out right next to me. Almost rammed me. So remember to get clear of it as you come out.

When you blow up, its game over, no saves. So all your hard work is gone and you start over from scratch. Well, there is saves, but only when you dont explode. You must go to a station and dock to save your level.

There was a huge dreadnaught naval ship that exploded under me at a ring last night. I wonder if a ship came through and collided with it? There was nothing else around it, so thats all I can think that it was. Giant sections of that thing were flying past me when it went up, lol...

Supposedly I have 2 ships, so I have to find out how to jump to the other and check it out. The freighter is a bit slow, sluggish. I would be curious what it would be like to fly through several gates in a nice little fighter, doing close fly-bys past all the huge space stations. That can be tricky as the stations sort of drift, some rotate.

The hard part, for me, is not getting tempted by all the gates. It seems that each gate has at least one gate to a new system, and at least 2 gates to systems you have already been too. 4 Gates to a system, each linked to other systems, only once, so its a netted network of single jumps per system. So to get to a system on the other side of the Universe (see the Universe map in the game), you would then do a series of ring jumps to get to the other side of your discovered space. Also, some gates are hidden. I spent one day looking for one gate in a sector, (called the Hole, all green like a green nebula). I figured out if you can find other systems to that link to 'The Hole' or 'a missing Gate', you can then get there and find the Gate and it is saved on your Nav computer.

Oh, and your maps are only going to show what you have found, and you must come close to the objects to find out what they are, and some are not acknowledged, like enemy federation craft, and I think pirates..

One system I found last night had a bunch of abandoned, rusted, burned up dead ships in it. I slowed past one, and it was half blown up, reddish in color. My onboard computer registered it as spacecraft debris.

Bill

gigabyte
August 25th, 2009, 13:45
Oh Bill, you are just getting to the good stuff, you can easily switch to your other ship, just doc at a station, then open the Pilot Menu, select "Property", and a menu will appear listing all your posessions. Select your other ship (which is operating on AI following you ) and tell it to Dock at the station with you. Once it is docked you should see the Change Ships Button go active, hit that and poof you are transported to your other ship - it should be a Buster, great little all purpose ship. If you installed the bonus pack (not a cheat file a bonus pack) there is a transporter on that which will allow you to change ships in space, you have to be close but it works. Once you start playing with the pilot Menu you can learn to tell your freighter to fock and trade with a station, buying something then have it go off somewhere else and sell it, while you take a little "Explore", if all goes well your freighter will be waiting at the last station when you get back.

Some of the controls and menus may be slightly different in Terran Conflict but the game play looks close.

Lionheart
August 25th, 2009, 16:45
Oh Bill, you are just getting to the good stuff, you can easily switch to your other ship, just doc at a station, then open the Pilot Menu, select "Property", and a menu will appear listing all your posessions. Select your other ship (which is operating on AI following you ) and tell it to Dock at the station with you. Once it is docked you should see the Change Ships Button go active, hit that and poof you are transported to your other ship - it should be a Buster, great little all purpose ship. If you installed the bonus pack (not a cheat file a bonus pack) there is a transporter on that which will allow you to change ships in space, you have to be close but it works. Once you start playing with the pilot Menu you can learn to tell your freighter to fock and trade with a station, buying something then have it go off somewhere else and sell it, while you take a little "Explore", if all goes well your freighter will be waiting at the last station when you get back.

Some of the controls and menus may be slightly different in Terran Conflict but the game play looks close.

Awesome awesome awesome!!!

Many thanks Mike! I will be checking that out tonight. I didnt think it was that easy.

One thing I want to check out is automated trading.

Bill

djscoo
August 25th, 2009, 19:57
I have succumbed to peer pressure...it's downloading on steam right now.:jump:

Lionheart
August 25th, 2009, 21:05
DJScoo,

Just note that you will probably spend a couple of days figuring things out, so beware..

Get the SEMI engine drive, and use J key (keyboard) to use it. This basically speeds up your craft when traversing a system.

To buy things, you need to make money. If you do the freighter, you can buy Ore in the Heron Nebula, and sell it back in Argon Prime to the weapons manufacturing fascilities. It is a good profit margin from what I have found. I could be wrong. Its better then trading light power cells.

Mike/Giggabyte,

I got into the Discoverer! Wunderbar! lol....

Cool looking little craft. Sort of a mix between a 57 Chevy and General Geavis' personal launch craft.

Bill

Lionheart
August 26th, 2009, 00:49
For those starting out in this.

1. You will need to dock with the stations to save your game.

2. You should start out using Autopilot to dock at stations. Trust me on that one, lol.. .

3. You can manuver the ship with the arrow keys, but when you are in the LH menu screens (along left side of screen, activated when you hit Escape key), you can then manuvere through the menus' with the arrow keys also.

4. The < and > keys bring up the 'Universe' map and the 'Sector' map (planet/system). From there, you can actually navigate to spots, skimming through the various menu's via the Arrow keys.

If say you are in the Argon Prime system and you want to go to the Argon Free trade station in Herrons Nebula, you would click the < key (Universe Map), arrow to the Herrons Nebula grid, click Enter, the Sector Map comes up, Down arrow through to the Argon Station of choice, click Enter, down arrow to Autopilot, and click to go there.

From there, your ship begins moving out. Make sure you are at full throttle. If you have the SETA drive installed (Singularity Engine Time Accellerator; speeds things up in normal time), then hit the J key. If you dont have it yet, go to the Argon Equipment Station, buy it, install it.

Then, when you go through each gate, hit the J key to go to slow warp, (sort of like full Impulse in Star Trek).

Tip; Get the Engine Tune when you have the money. Your ship is really going fast at 260+ M/S (Meters a Second?). You can get other options as well. You'll need to make money though to get these tunes.

Lionheart
August 26th, 2009, 00:51
And now for a question. I bumped into an asteroid in my Discoverer. My ship has only so many green dashes now in its basic info bar in bottom center. I take it I have damaged my ship bad. How do I get it repaired? The Equipment station doesnt have hull repair, and the Argon shipyard only makes ships from scratch.

eeeks..

No button to call State Farm for a claim...

luckydog
August 26th, 2009, 08:00
I have succumbed to peer pressure...it's downloading on steam right now.:jump:

Thanks, DJ......
I was just about to ask if it is downloadable
and where I could find it ....:ernae:

gigabyte
August 26th, 2009, 13:41
And now for a question. I bumped into an asteroid in my Discoverer. My ship has only so many green dashes now in its basic info bar in bottom center. I take it I have damaged my ship bad. How do I get it repaired? The Equipment station doesnt have hull repair, and the Argon shipyard only makes ships from scratch.

eeeks..

No button to call State Farm for a claim...

Hey Bill, That didn't take long...lol Been there myself, I also came home with a nice bit of battle damage on a trip through Franhamn's Legend (be careful in that sector it is full of pirates), anyway you can get hull repairs at the Federal Argon Shipyard and I think in one of the equipment stations? The hull repair is like trading or buying upgrades, it is right at the top above your ship list (if it is avaliable). You may have to look around a little, I think the menu's on Terran Conflict are laid out slightly different but the functions I have are all there.

A word of caution on trading and freight hauling, the prices are set dynamically, and I have not been able to figure out the triggers, kind of like our real world trading. I started a new game last week and refered back to some notes I had made a few months ago (I kept a cheat sheet of good trade routes) I come to find out that what I thought were great trade routes were now milk runs with little profit, so if you think you have things figured out you might get a little surprise, which makes things all that more interesting for me.

I am now trying to find the Gold edition, none of the local stores seem to have it, that will give me the 2 expansion packs I have not tried yet, mind you I still have years of play time lest in this one if I keep going at my current pace...lol

Lionheart
August 27th, 2009, 00:00
Hey Bill, That didn't take long...lol Been there myself, I also came home with a nice bit of battle damage on a trip through Franhamn's Legend (be careful in that sector it is full of pirates), anyway you can get hull repairs at the Federal Argon Shipyard and I think in one of the equipment stations? The hull repair is like trading or buying upgrades, it is right at the top above your ship list (if it is avaliable). You may have to look around a little, I think the menu's on Terran Conflict are laid out slightly different but the functions I have are all there.

A word of caution on trading and freight hauling, the prices are set dynamically, and I have not been able to figure out the triggers, kind of like our real world trading. I started a new game last week and refered back to some notes I had made a few months ago (I kept a cheat sheet of good trade routes) I come to find out that what I thought were great trade routes were now milk runs with little profit, so if you think you have things figured out you might get a little surprise, which makes things all that more interesting for me.

I am now trying to find the Gold edition, none of the local stores seem to have it, that will give me the 2 expansion packs I have not tried yet, mind you I still have years of play time lest in this one if I keep going at my current pace...lol

Hey Mike,

Thanks for that bit of info. I'll look for hull repair.

On trading routes, man I was doing so well. Tonight though, I found out about the variable dynamics. The system shifts when it actually gets in freight, the prices fluctuate. I didnt think it did this. I had about 150,000 credits, and in one hour, I was down to 64,000 credits. I found out why. I was buying higher and selling for less. Massive mistake. So I hunted around for deals and watched the buying and selling levels on credits. Got my money back up again.

I am used to that way of trading from the old 1602AD games, Patrician and all. Brilliant trade sims.

Now to figure out how to launch the 'good deals' Satelites, rig a Trade automated route, and find a Hyper Jump drive. Then when I have some major bucks, I want one of those super freighters! :d

Bill

Lionheart
August 27th, 2009, 11:26
I did a bit more flying in X3 last night. I found that if I went through a couple of systems, I could find some really good deals on frieght to purchase.

Also, when shopping, you can scan through the various stations in Sector Map, click Enter to bring up the list (autopilot, info, etc), and click on the Info selection. There, you will see the readouts for the various things they buy and sell. Also, you will see 'bullets' or gold scalers of things they have in stock, etc. If you are buying and their stock is really high, go there, as the product will be cheap. If they are low, dont even bother.

Now, if you have cargo and you wish to sell, then look for the gold sliders that show the least in supply.

I found a super good deal on Cahoonas last night, and eventually found a station that needed them badly. I made a fortune in one flight. :d

Right now I do not have Credits readout when running Stations/Info. I tried to buy a Satellite so I could get the 'Good Deals' readouts for each system, but for some reason, I cannot purchase one.

So much to learn.. arrgh.

Bill

luckydog
August 27th, 2009, 13:00
Thanks for the dialogue Bill......
I downloaded two nights ago, spent last night "jumping" around and docking. Tonite I'm planning to try a little trading. Your advice has been very helpful !
LD

Lionheart
August 27th, 2009, 13:10
Most welcome man.

If you discover anything cool, let us know, (especially me, lol).

The discovery of each new system is really addictive. For a while I was getting lost. Some gates are hidden and you have to go looking out in the edges of the sector, behind asteroids and things to find them. Some are sideways, so seeing them is really difficult.

If you open the Universe Map, you'll see that everything is joined in 4 coordinates, so its like a flat grid (sort of, its still 3D if you use the arrow keys to select different sectors on the Universe map).

I found you can find some missing gates by finding them going through them from another sector. Find the systems near it and gate to that one system and you can find yourself going through the gate you couldnt find. Its then mapped in your NAV system and charted in your Sector and Universe maps.

Bill

gigabyte
August 27th, 2009, 17:01
Bill I see you have the X3 bug bad, it is very addictive. I have been doing the Explorer thing since you first started this thread, I am up to just over 80 systems in my nav map now (I had 96 in one of my saved gaves but it was from last year so I am rediscovering the universe) I did some digging and there are just over 160 systems in total so we all have a long way to go.

Here are a couple of tips from Gig's Travels.

There are Scanner upgrades in the equipment docks, as soon as you can afford it grab a duplex, then a triplex scanner, they extend your ships scanning range and make exploring systems much faster.

If you want to start making real profitable runs, get into the Teladi systems (North East) they sell some great scanners and are very "Profit Minded" so you can often find valuable items there that can bring high profits in other systems.

Learn how to remote command your ships, I like to explore using a Discover L (it is an upgraded model to the one you get first) and when I find a good buy I access my Mercury Command Comsole and Order it to do the freight run, while I go exploring another sector.

Make note of the items in the Bulletin Board system, they are often good hints to profitable trade routes.

Watch out for the Pirate Sectors, (I have located 8 so far) you run across Pirates in many sectors, but they are in small groups, if you get into a Pirate Sector, they are like Wolf Packs you want to have you way planned out of the system real quick - unless you decide on the Pirate life, then it will be home sweat Home.

If you are using a ship to explore like a Buster or Discover, don't load it down with freight, go for the system upgrades, scanners, engine, booster, jump drive, and all the software upgrades you can find (and afford), leave the freight to a Mercury and let it do the grunt work.

I am no expert, but I have been playing the game off and on for over a year, it can be very addictive, there are so many directions to go and roles to take, I personally like starting as a Freight Hauler, but I quickly move to my second ship and use it more like an explorer and remote control the freighter.

Things really start to get intresting when you have enough credits to build a station and home base of your own, but that takes serious credits, I got that far once, but I trashed that save game when I reformatted so I am building up to that level again now.

See you in space guys...

Lionheart
August 27th, 2009, 18:24
Thanks Mike for the info!

That Discoverer hauls 'boot'! I can shoot straight through systems in it. I got the engine tuned to the max, so she is cooking at around 260 m/s. The Mercury only does about 97 m/s.

I finally found up/dn/right/left thrusters (no rotation, only sideways movements). A,D,S,W keys, for those that are beginning. Now, after undocking from a station, I hit the S key for a short while and the ship moves straight down away from all the structural area's.

Which reminds me, I almost collided with another freighter that was leaving the same port, lol.. I kept waiting for him to manuvere. Bad timing..

Bill

Lionheart
August 27th, 2009, 18:52
Here are some basic price limits newbies should go by;

Product Buy Sell

I found some interesting deals last night that exceeded those prices... Shop around...

gigabyte
August 28th, 2009, 14:48
Thanks Mike for the info!

That Discoverer hauls 'boot'! I can shoot straight through systems in it. I got the engine tuned to the max, so she is cooking at around 260 m/s. The Mercury only does about 97 m/s.

I finally found up/dn/right/left thrusters (no rotation, only sideways movements). A,D,S,W keys, for those that are beginning. Now, after undocking from a station, I hit the S key for a short while and the ship moves straight down away from all the structural area's.

Which reminds me, I almost collided with another freighter that was leaving the same port, lol.. I kept waiting for him to manuvere. Bad timing..

Bill

Bill Just wait, once you get your credits built up head into the Boron systems, when you find one of their ship yards grab a Mako Sentenial or an Opus Vanguard, if you like Firepower you want the Mako, it can be loaded for bear, the speed is reasonable (over 200 M/S), but it can carry some serious weps. If you want speed grab an Opus, it is not very expensive, under 80K and talk about speed, if you tune it up you can get close to 500 M/S. That is one of the scout class ships, I am using it right now to explore with, not too heavly armed just a couple of lasers, but if you run into a heavy Pirate pack you can beat the feat and get clear with no problem, nothing can keep up with that little puppy.
See ya around the Stars...lol

Lionheart
August 28th, 2009, 19:06
Bill Just wait, once you get your credits built up head into the Boron systems, when you find one of their ship yards grab a Mako Sentenial or an Opus Vanguard, if you like Firepower you want the Mako, it can be loaded for bear, the speed is reasonable (over 200 M/S), but it can carry some serious weps. If you want speed grab an Opus, it is not very expensive, under 80K and talk about speed, if you tune it up you can get close to 500 M/S. That is one of the scout class ships, I am using it right now to explore with, not too heavly armed just a couple of lasers, but if you run into a heavy Pirate pack you can beat the feat and get clear with no problem, nothing can keep up with that little puppy.
See ya around the Stars...lol

Hey Mike,

Awesome man! Thanks for the info. I will look for it. I'll go to one of the ship yards and window shop, lol...

I found the Teridian stars last night, far North by NorthWest. Very wierd territory. No hits by pirates yet, thank goodness.. One chase me but couldnt keep up. I was in the Discoverer though. (I got the hull repaired finally).

See you out there.

Bill

Lionheart
August 30th, 2009, 23:41
Hey all,

I thought I would post some of the tons of planets that I am finding in this huge game. I cant believe them all. Some I am thinking are shared, like a sector might be on one side of a world, and a station is on the other side as well, so you can gate to the other side..

Some places I gated too were basically Nebula's, like being in a red or green cloud.. Some places are heavy with tons of asteroids.. Some are almost nothing..

Some planets are either pretty huge (fills the screen) or you are in low orbit. Seeing the clouds move, detail on the terrain, and floating around in a 3 axis condition can get my stomach upset, lol.. I kid you not.

Wild game.

Note; the Tan planet really struck me. Its like a version of Mars and Dune (Arrakis). Hardly any clouds, tons of dunes, all sand.. Mars is red though, like Oklahoma... :d

Lionheart
August 30th, 2009, 23:47
And here are a couple of some of the ships and stations. There appear to be many forms of races, and of course, each have their own ship and station architectures. This is a very small sample. I havent been doing photo runs in this. Mostly learning and exploring..

There are some wild looking craft. The one with the green illuminated ribs is very strange. Some of the stations, like star born factories, are pretty amazing with detail. Small cars can be seen riding rails on the structures, AI ships docking with them, etc. Dogfights with pirates going on. You name it..

Below, on that station (first two pics), I was freaked on the size. Its 4X the size of a regular Argon free trade station. I flew through the middle of the structure. The ships are all AI, out doing things. Some are warships, some are frieghters, etc.... Some are even civillian.

Bill

gigabyte
August 31st, 2009, 14:55
Very cool shots Bill, I keep meaning to take some shots but I always get to wrapped up in exploring and never think of it. I will have to try that this weekend, I an going off line tonight after I finish the Hard of Hearing Chat, I finally broke down and picked up some new RAM so I wil be breaking the box down and doing a small upgrade, I don't expect much change in X3 but I am hoping for a boost with FSX, I am getting reasonable FPS now but I hope 8 GIG of resh new RAM will make it even better.

See ya on the flip side...

Lionheart
September 1st, 2009, 09:34
Mike,

Do you ever trade 'computer chips'? I have been trying to find a plant that has tons of them (full stock for cheaper prices) and cannot find a good one. Can you recommend a system that has them?

Also, I have been trying to find stray, hiding jump gates and having a rough time at finding them, even in back tracking from other systems. I have tried moving to the top and bottom of the grids (3D side view on sector map) and that didnt help. Any advice on that?

I found a blown up jump gate the other night in a very dismal, reddish, dark sector. I guess that one is at least a 3 port system now, lol..

Bill

Bjoern
September 1st, 2009, 13:18
If you want to change your pace a bit and live though a movie like experience, get Freespace 2. It's ten years old, but thanks to a public source code it gets lots of graphics updates.

Battlestar Galactica even copied its "flak barrage" feature and dogfighting style!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeSpace_2_Source_Code_Project
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Htlboxart.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Htlsobekflak.jpg

Unfortunately, the SCP homepage is down at the moment.

P.S: I've played the first "X" episode (released 1999 or 2000). Had a cool, interactive intro but became boring fairly quickly. :kilroy:

gigabyte
September 1st, 2009, 16:05
Mike,

Do you ever trade 'computer chips'? I have been trying to find a plant that has tons of them (full stock for cheaper prices) and cannot find a good one. Can you recommend a system that has them?

Also, I have been trying to find stray, hiding jump gates and having a rough time at finding them, even in back tracking from other systems. I have tried moving to the top and bottom of the grids (3D side view on sector map) and that didnt help. Any advice on that?

I found a blown up jump gate the other night in a very dismal, reddish, dark sector. I guess that one is at least a 3 port system now, lol..

Bill

Bill I did come across a system that had a computer chip plant I believe it was one of the Boron or Teladi systems? Check out the systems in the extreme north Teladi Prime, Family Whi, that area. I have never made a run with computer chips but I have seen some factories with large supplies. I will check a couple of my save ganes when I get a chance.

The gate questions, that is one of the dynamics of the game, many systems have only 3 gates anyway (some just 2), but there are numerous systems with hidden gates, they will not appear until you reach a specific level or achieve a better reputation with some races. I have been looking for a couple of gates for over a month now I know they exist but they have not been reveled to me so I keep exploring and trying different Bulletin Board missions hoping to build up my Rep, sooner or later they will appear. You also need to get the scanner upgrades to see a few. One thing that will help is to get the Police License that does open up a lot of systems and increases the rate at which your reputation grows with some races. Don't underestimate the Bulletin Boards some of the missions seem like low paying, but completing them builds up your rep and goodwill that will pay in other way besides credits, kind of like real life.

gigabyte
September 1st, 2009, 16:59
P.S: I've played the first "X" episode (released 1999 or 2000). Had a cool, interactive intro but became boring fairly quickly. :kilroy:

Bjoern, I doubt you would be bored with the latest versions of X3, it has probably the best variety of any space sim I have tried (an I go back a long way) the thing I like is you can pick your own destiny, and switch if you like. I am a huge fan of the Wing Commander/Privateer series and still dig out WC 3 & 4 from time to time, this is as good in the story line as privateer and better in variety than any other. All I can say is They came a long way baby...lol

Lionheart
September 1st, 2009, 17:12
Thanks Mike,

I was wondering if they were hiding for a reason. Also, I was assuming that most systems had 4 gates. When I found one gate blown apart, then I got the feeling that assumption could be terribly wrong, lol.. .

I have been exploring South lately. Last week was a pure Northern and Eastern excursion. Alot of grim stuff down in the South West quadrant, lol...

I'll look around for some high quantity Chip manufacturers. There has to be some around...

That Teladian quadrant is wild!

Bill

FengZ
September 1st, 2009, 18:28
WOW! Nice screenshots! Man...you are so tempting me. I'm still going through Fallout 3 right now, but i will probably buy this game when i'm done w/ it. Looks like a very good *classic* sci-fi game....just my style.

I still remember working on Wing Commander Online about 12 years ago over at Origin. It was gonna be such a cool game (probably similar to this one)...but the technology at the time just couldn't support such a "advanced game." (the only Massive Online game out at that time was UO...not even 3D). Anyways, EA canceled the game....sad. I always think that the Wing Commander IP has a HUGE following.....somebody should bring it back....

-feng

luckydog
September 1st, 2009, 18:39
I'm up to three ships now...trading mostly ore and a little energy. Staying mainly in the Argon/Boron systems.........
Which direction to the Teladian Quad ??

LD

Lionheart
September 1st, 2009, 21:14
WOW! Nice screenshots! Man...you are so tempting me. I'm still going through Fallout 3 right now, but i will probably buy this game when i'm done w/ it. Looks like a very good *classic* sci-fi game....just my style.

I still remember working on Wing Commander Online about 12 years ago over at Origin. It was gonna be such a cool game (probably similar to this one)...but the technology at the time just couldn't support such a "advanced game." (the only Massive Online game out at that time was UO...not even 3D). Anyways, EA canceled the game....sad. I always think that the Wing Commander IP has a HUGE following.....somebody should bring it back....

-feng

Man Feng,

Youve been into all the games, lol..

I hadnt seen you in a while. I figured you purchased it and was deep into the X3 Universe, lol..

I'm up to three ships now...trading mostly ore and a little energy. Staying mainly in the Argon/Boron systems.........
Which direction to the Teladian Quad ??

LuckyDog

LD, youve already got a 3rd ship?? Dang..

I lost money on Ore and was going to go for computer chips trading, but dang, no systems have it in stock.

Can you 'auto-trade' the ships? Can they run themselves?

If you explore deep North as far as you can go, then start bearing East, you will bump into all the Teladian systems.

I was just up logging new gates and factories and systems in the far North East. Man... The gates just keep going and going.... I cant believe how far everything goes..

One cool thing is the music. Each system seems to have its own music and some are pretty cool. I wonder if its possible to get the music to listen to on iPod?

Bill

Lionheart
September 1st, 2009, 21:46
Mike; Gigabyte,

How did the Memory upgrade do on your rig?

Bill

gigabyte
September 2nd, 2009, 03:51
Mike; Gigabyte,

How did the Memory upgrade do on your rig?

Bill

Hey Bill, I finally got the main system running late last night, it was a PITA but things are running again. I now have 8 gig of high speed DDR2 and 3.25 terabytes of primary storage - what a beast to back up and I would never want to try a full defrag, thank heaven for automated defrag and backup.

I had some trouble getting it running, somehow an SATA data cable came off in the process so when I closed the covers and hit the power I got a Boot Disk Failure... I have my system (an HP Media Center) tucked along side my desk and with my cable management it is a real nusance connecting and disconnecting. I ended up draging it back out and stripping it all down finally discovering I had pulled of the cable for the primary boot drive, after sorting it all out and getting it back in place I finally got running just as it was time to hit the hay.

I am hoping to give FSX and X3 a test tonight and see how the performace is, I was getting 20-25 FPS in FSX and I hope to see a firm 30 in most areas... we will see???

Madman
September 2nd, 2009, 07:33
Long time X-player (X-tension, X-2, X-3 Reunion) chiming in here.

Lionheart asked about 'auto-trading'; first get a piece of software called a trading system extension and install it in the ship that you're piloting. Now you can check pricing and stock levels of a station without landing; target the station, check the info, and the quantities of stock for sale and resource inventory levels and current prices are listed. You can now also order your freighter to land at stations (you don't even have to be in the same system; once your freighter enters the system you have access to price and stock information) and buy and sell items while you continue exploring the galaxy in your other ship. You can also purchase trade command software Mk. 3 (later, when you've got the cash because it costs over 500,000 credits). This will eventually (after your pilot learns and increases his trade level) make your traders almost completely autonomous.

Here is a link to the Egosoft forums: http://forum.egosoft.com/index.php

When you go into the X-Universe forum check the The Ultimate X resource and guides list (it's a "Sticky" thread right near the top). This thread contains links to tons and tons of information about all the X series of games.

Also, here are a couple of other sites with tons of information as well (including sector maps, etc.):

X-3: Reunion http://www.xdatabase.de/x3-reunion/en/welcome.html

X-3: Terran Conflict http://eng.x3tc.ru/

Warning: Visiting these sites is bound to lead to spoilers eventually, but sometimes you may find yourself needing that extra little bit of information.

Lionheart
September 2nd, 2009, 10:32
Thanks MadMan!

Awesome!

There will be alot to read tonight after work. :d

Buddha13
September 2nd, 2009, 11:37
Hi all,
I have played all the X games except this one. I am afraid i have become hooked on EVE which now takes up a lot of time.But I tink I will give it ago as well.

Buddha13

gigabyte
September 2nd, 2009, 13:32
If this keeps up we will be asking for an X3 Sub Forum...lol

I do love the game, I guess it is the open ended aspect that makes it so appealing, very much like FS you can go anywhere and do what ever you choose, except with the X-universe there are bad guys with lasers that shoot at you from time to time.

I have been glancing at the X3 forums from time to time, and hesitate to dig too deep so I don't get tempted by the spoilers, but I expect I will try one of the campaigns soon and when I do I will no doubt need some help from the spoilers. For now I am sticking to exploring and enjoying it very much.

I have been looking for the Terrian Conflict version but I can't find a copy locally, and the Game Store is sold out, but there is talk of a "Super Box" which will contain all the versions and additional fan made add on's so hopefully I will get my fix from that.

Lionheart
September 2nd, 2009, 15:21
Last night, right at 7PM (my cutoff point for the day, usually), I booted up X3 to just do a short trade run in my Mercury...

4 hours later, I was just getting back in the system in my Discoverer, having charted a bunch of unknown systems in the North East...

arrghh..

So much for 1 hour.

Bill

dadmod
September 2nd, 2009, 18:15
Hi gents...I've been following along here for a couple days.
Privateer was my favorite a number of years ago and when I saw similarities I started drooling!
Bought X3: Reunion and am learning the complex interface. Very interesting and beautiful graphics. This way, IF I become captivated, Terran Conflict will be waiting. :applause:

Madman
September 3rd, 2009, 13:32
You're welcome Lionheart. Yup, 1 hour turns into 4 or more very quickly sometimes. :icon_lol:

Privateer was my favorite a number of years ago.....

Ahhhh, Privateer.......that brings back some memories. :)

gigabyte
September 3rd, 2009, 14:12
You're welcome Lionheart. Yup, 1 hour turns into 4 or more very quickly sometimes. :icon_lol:

Ahhhh, Privateer.......that brings back some memories. :)

Privateer, and the rest of the Wing Commander series, still my all time favorites, there is still a very avtive and dedicated community working on that engine. If any of you were die hard Privateer fans, the freeware Privateer Gold is an awsome game, go to SourceForge.net and search for Privateer or Wing Commander, there are 4 very interesting remakes posted. I am about to fire up the latest Vega Strike to give that a spin. There is an interesting "Star Trek" variation as well, which is next on my list. Mind you I still have some more exploring to do in X3, but I like a short diversion every so often.

Lionheart
September 3rd, 2009, 21:24
Does anyone know what type of ship this is and can one purchase it?

That is one sleek bird...

Note for newbies. Dont sit in front of a jump gate after coming out of it. Some might take a moment to check supplies at systems via the sector map. But the engines reset to idle when you come through the gate. I've lost 2 ships this way now.. arrghh.. I also watched a huge dreadnaught battle ship bite the dust this way. It took too long making a rotation to go through the gate, a ship came through, and boom... Debris everywhere..

Bill

Madman
September 3rd, 2009, 21:50
Looks like a Terran Scimitar.

Stats are here: http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_ships/x3-ship.php?c=NTkzNTc2MTk

Can be purchased here: http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_map/ware-list.php?sh=NTkzNTc2MTk

The universe is a dangerous place......especially when parked in front of a gate. ;)

Thanks gigabyte, I'll have to check that out.

Lionheart
September 3rd, 2009, 23:27
Thanks MadMan,

Dang. That thing goes for 1.5 mil! Expensive ride! lol... Can only do 200 m/s with full engines tune. I'll have to wait a bit. arrgh..

Bill

Bjoern
September 4th, 2009, 09:15
Bjoern, I doubt you would be bored with the latest versions of X3, it has probably the best variety of any space sim I have tried (an I go back a long way) the thing I like is you can pick your own destiny, and switch if you like.

The problem is the learning curve.

I liked Freelancer for telling a story which introduced you to the game mechanisms one by one and then throw you into the universe after they made sure you could at least survive.

X was like "Here's the sandbox; here's a small shovel; mommy will go shopping for a few hours; have fun!", which isnt quite practical considering the masses of game features.

If this keeps up we will be asking for an X3 Sub Forum...lol

I wouldn't mind a forum for space sims...

Note for newbies. Dont sit in front of a jump gate after coming out of it. Some might take a moment to check supplies at systems via the sector map. But the engines reset to idle when you come through the gate. I've lost 2 ships this way now.. arrghh.. I also watched a huge dreadnaught battle ship bite the dust this way. It took too long making a rotation to go through the gate, a ship came through, and boom... Debris everywhere..

Wouldn't be a problem for me. As a Freespace 2 veteran I instinctively hit the burner and dive once I've jumped into a system. Let's say the cause for this was a nearly unpleasant encounter with a Sathanas...;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrchciHCI8A

RickN
September 6th, 2009, 11:20
You guys talked me into it, so I ordered it for one of my Christmas presents.
GoGamer has it for $29.90 with 3 buck shipping.

http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=66164030&extid=Froogle

EDIT: I have to ask if a 7950 GT video card will run this game or do I need something better? I hate wasting the money on something new until I really need it.

luckydog
September 6th, 2009, 12:39
You guys talked me into it, so I ordered it for one of my Christmas presents.
GoGamer has it for $29.90 with 3 buck shipping.

http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=66164030&extid=Froogle

EDIT: I have to ask if a 7950 GT video card will run this game or do I need something better? I hate wasting the money on something new until I really need it.

I'm running it on a 7200 GS with no problems.......

LD

RickN
September 6th, 2009, 12:48
Holy crap!!!

Doing a little research on this and finding some great mods. Anyone seen the X-Fleet mod? Carriers, battleships, fighters etc.

http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6947

Even a Babylon 5 mod.

http://b5.hc-gamer.de/index.php?mod=news&action=recent

Forgot the X-Fleet pic.

RickN
September 6th, 2009, 13:25
One more pic from the X-Fleet mod, the USS Missouri. Makes me wonder what would happen if our guys went nuts on this game, "Spitfires in Space" ?

FengZ
September 6th, 2009, 18:55
keep this thread going! Im not playing this game, but i love reading all these comments. The human imagination is powerful! :P

-feng

Lionheart
September 6th, 2009, 19:13
Thanks Rick for the heads up. Very interesting on the fleet and BSG ships.

The game is really nice for getting some feelings of accomplishments (for me financially), as I can go out and make some good funds, which can be difficult these days, lol... But other times, I can explore space and it does remind me of Battle Star Galactica, with the quietness and manuverability, high detail hulls of ships, etc. Exploration in this sim or game is very much like FS in that you have freedom, and you can 'find things', little discoveries. Flying past a new ship you havent seen before in a new star system, a new factory complex that is space born that you can do a close fly by and see the tons of detail.

And... When I mean high detail, I am not pulling legs.. I am talking little mini rail cars running along legs of station structures, tons of window lighting, bump mapping, reflections on the hulls against stars, nebula's, and planets, etc, etc... Some extremely well done work here.

I was dreaming around with this the other night. Making a 'planetary landing mode' where one could land on a planet and take on cargo, etc, would be cool and might be interesting. Doing a colored atmospheric tunnel effect (like doing the jump gate, but extended and colored and more like an atmosphere then a wormhole), might be pretty interesting. Just show a simple animation of a landing pattern on a planet, a station there, etc, would be cool, for a next Generation version X3... Just a wild idea to increase the envelope of the game-scope....

Bill

gigabyte
September 6th, 2009, 19:45
Bill you are so right about the freedom to explore and just "look around", have you tried ejecting from your ship when you are near a gate or station? You end up in a space suite with a propulsion pack that allows you to scoot around and explore things close up - now if there was an airlock you could manually enter that would open up a whole new world, first person interaction on a station... ??? Oh important safety tip, before you eject make sure your ship is STOPPED, the first time I forgot that little detail and I watched my ship drift away, you can still access the command console and bring it back, but be careful those things do a real number on you when they plow into you at 100 KM...lol

Lionheart
September 6th, 2009, 19:52
Bill you are so right about the freedom to explore and just "look around", have you tried ejecting from your ship when you are near a gate or station? You end up in a space suite with a propulsion pack that allows you to scoot around and explore things close up - now if there was an airlock you could manually enter that would open up a whole new world, first person interaction on a station... ??? Oh important safety tip, before you eject make sure your ship is STOPPED, the first time I forgot that little detail and I watched my ship drift away, you can still access the command console and bring it back, but be careful those things do a real number on you when they plow into you at 100 KM...lol

Oh man! Thanks for the heads up Gigabyte! I hadnt thought about that.

I still would like to find an abondoned ship. Someday.....

Bill

gigabyte
September 6th, 2009, 19:59
Oh man! Thanks for the heads up Gigabyte! I hadnt thought about that.

I still would like to find an abondoned ship. Someday.....

Bill

Bill they are out there, I could tell you where to find some... but then I would have to kill you...lol (now where did I hear that before???)

dadmod
September 7th, 2009, 16:28
Have been reading the manual and some of the other "guidebooks" available on the Egosoft forum. Very helpful; am nowtrading profitably and exploring the X3: Reunion universe. Pretty cool.
BTW, these guidebooks give coordinates of abandoned ships...among other things!! :applause:

Lionheart
September 7th, 2009, 17:14
Thanks guys for the heads up and info.

In trading ore, I find the best thing to do is find a station that is practically out. They will pay 250. Then find an asteroid mine that is stocked 100%. Buy ore at 50 CR, sell for 250...!

The problem is going 2 or 3 Jumps (if Herrons Nebula is low), and get the ore and get back before someone else (AI craft) gets to them first and beats you on the sale.

Anyone do well with Computer Components? What are some 'exotic' higher priced cargo's to run? Besides space fuel, lol... (Whiskey runs for those that do not know).

dadmod
September 8th, 2009, 17:46
Silicon wafers, energy cells, and ore between Power Circle, Herron's Nebula and Argon Prime or wherever else one can find them at upper and lower prices.
Trading is much like Privateer. Am about ready to take on the plot...
:icon29:

luckydog
September 8th, 2009, 18:59
I'm doing great with ore in the Argon and Boron areas......think I'll stay there for awhile with an occasional recon in the Discoverer.

I've got all the trade extensions (incuding the MK 3 ) but still can't figure out how to remote trade.....
tried buying some nav sats but it wouldn't let me...:isadizzy:

LD

Lionheart
September 8th, 2009, 19:37
tried buying some nav sats but it wouldn't let me...:isadizzy:

LD

Lucky Dog,

I did find that you can buy Sats at the Free Trade ports! Only some systems will allow Sats.

Thanks guys for the input. So I am on the right path. :d

Ive been without X3 (and FS) for days. Tonight, I fly, man!

:ernae:

Lionheart
September 13th, 2009, 00:14
Hey guys,

I have installed Relay Satellites in several systems now. But when I access them, I cannot get the 'best sales and best deals'. I have all available options concerning purchase modules and all.

What might I be missing?

Bill

luckydog
September 13th, 2009, 15:43
Hey guys,

I have installed Relay Satellites in several systems now. But when I access them, I cannot get the 'best sales and best deals'. I have all available options concerning purchase modules and all.

What might I be missing?

Bill

Howdy Bill...........

I'm in the same boat.....can't seem to get them to work together.
Those Sats sure make things easier tho........!

LD

Lionheart
September 13th, 2009, 18:10
Howdy Bill...........

LD

Roger that.

Well, at least I now have 5 units out there floating around, waiting. :d

I noticed that 2 things are always in really low quantity, from supplier to factory, and that is Teladianium (a form of alien aluminum, in mineral form for ship and Sat manufacturers), and computer components from computer factorys.

Always a need, always the prices are higher to buy them then to sell them. So I am thinking that somewhere in the X3 universe is the motherload of Teladianium and Computer parts. :d Just must be. That would be the golden shipload to have one load of those things and bring them back.

I wonder if we can store cargo somewhere? I guess we have to buy ships and use them as storage in order to do that. We need wharehouse room, lol...

By the way, its cool how you eject the Sats into orbit. Also, they have a distance of sensors so you need to place it near structures you wish to monitor. Its a gray zone in the Sector map (sphere looking thing) that surrounds the Sat. I might move some of mine close to the factories I want to monitor (if I can move them). You can eject them seperately (from Frieght menu), but maybe we can pick them up too, lol..

Bill

Lionheart
September 13th, 2009, 19:45
Howdy Bill...........

LD

LD,

IT IS WORKING!!!

Go to Universe map, select a star system far away with a Sat, click/select a factory near it (any) and click on that factory for INFO and note that all sliders of products are visible instead of question marks.

:d

gigabyte
September 13th, 2009, 19:52
Roger that.

I noticed that 2 things are always in really low quantity, from supplier to factory, and that is Teladianium (a form of alien aluminum, in mineral form for ship and Sat manufacturers), and computer components from computer factorys.

Always a need, always the prices are higher to buy them then to sell them. So I am thinking that somewhere in the X3 universe is the motherload of Teladianium and Computer parts. :d Just must be. That would be the golden shipload to have one load of those things and bring them back.

I wonder if we can store cargo somewhere? I guess we have to buy ships and use them as storage in order to do that. We need wharehouse room, lol...

By the way, its cool how you eject the Sats into orbit. Also, they have a distance of sensors so you need to place it near structures you wish to monitor. Its a gray zone in the Sector map (sphere looking thing) that surrounds the Sat. I might move some of mine close to the factories I want to monitor (if I can move them). You can eject them seperately (from Frieght menu), but maybe we can pick them up too, lol..

Bill

Bill I will not give out spoilers unless you ask specifically, but there are some good sources out there for Teladianium for sure, I have only noticed one good location for computer chips, but I suspect there are more.

I have not been concentrating on trading so much this time around, I have been on the exploration path. I am working on maping every sector into my nav computer and building a fleet as I go along. It is kind of fun, I pick up missions from the stations which helps build my reputation with each race (if completed properly) and my credits, then as I can afford a newer or better ship I grab what ever looks best, then park it at a station where it will be safe. I have found a nice fast scout ship which allows me to outrun any pirates I encounter (so far) and I figure I am about 2/3 of the way through maping the known universe.

Oh as for storing cargo, you can store wares on a ship if you like, I have some on one of my parked freighters, you can also once you have the credits build a station and store stuff there.

The are several maps and spoiler threads out there if you want to go that route (I used them when I was a NOBO at the game) and they can save time.

I am off for a weeks holidays so I won't be around until next Monday, watch your six while I am gone, and take care out there... :)

Lionheart
September 13th, 2009, 20:37
Bill I will not give out spoilers unless you ask specifically, but there are some good sources out there for Teladianium for sure, I have only noticed one good location for computer chips, but I suspect there are more.

I have not been concentrating on trading so much this time around, I have been on the exploration path. I am working on maping every sector into my nav computer and building a fleet as I go along. It is kind of fun, I pick up missions from the stations which helps build my reputation with each race (if completed properly) and my credits, then as I can afford a newer or better ship I grab what ever looks best, then park it at a station where it will be safe. I have found a nice fast scout ship which allows me to outrun any pirates I encounter (so far) and I figure I am about 2/3 of the way through maping the known universe.

Oh as for storing cargo, you can store wares on a ship if you like, I have some on one of my parked freighters, you can also once you have the credits build a station and store stuff there.

The are several maps and spoiler threads out there if you want to go that route (I used them when I was a NOBO at the game) and they can save time.

I am off for a weeks holidays so I won't be around until next Monday, watch your six while I am gone, and take care out there... :)

Thanks Mike for the heads up.

Enjoy your holiday. I hope it isnt too cold up there in the great white north, eh!

Bill

Lionheart
September 14th, 2009, 10:24
Hey all,

I have made some connections with trading Taladianium. Last night, I noted that all Taladianium factories were out of ore. So I picked up ore at other locations and 'fed the factories'. I came back and one factory was suddenly nearly filled with Taladianium. I purchased a ship load at flew back to Argon Prime (from Rolks Drift, far North), and sold half the load to a factory there, (all they could hold is half of my cargo), and another bulk to a factory outside of Argon Prime. My profit was 50+ credits per unit, so that was a huge profit! :d

This could be a good way of making money or credits.

So the Taladianium need ore, and some of the factories need Taladianium, and so perhaps that too will effect the construction (lower the prices and make more available) certain ships and satellites.

Oh.... I found out how to retrieve your own satellites. You slowly run into it, and the ships computer says 'You have placed a Relay Sat in your cargo hold!' lol.... (Found that out by mistake. My Saitek is difficult to set to zero speed. I was going to eject from my ship and try to get it, but hit it instead).

The things you learn....

Also found another Gas giant planet last night.

Some of these planets look like they are definately Terraformed. They look like a moon with tons of craters, but sport odd colored oceans and cloudy skies. Could you imagine our own moon terraformed complete with oceans and beaches, cloudy skies and rain?

I was thinking, what would you do with all the craters? Perhaps they would make great properties, but then again, they would probably all hold water, so they the land would look like Minnesota.. eh? :d (all those lakes....)

Bill

Lionheart
September 14th, 2009, 14:57
I was just thinking......

If you were to have a 'Light Speed Nav Computer' console... and you could tell it to 'jump' to a star system...

then...

You add a lengthened 'worm hole effect' (stars turning to lines, passing by with some cloudy effects, etc), that lasts about 10 seconds or so, and lasts longer for longer distance jumps, you would then have something so darn close to Star Wars, it wouldnt be funny.

The trick is to have the jumps built into the console instead of the jump rings.

Also, how would you discover the other systems if you have to jump to them first? That would have to be figured out.

Also, if you could land on planets and could fly/drive speeders, that would be 50% of the game right there....

Freedom! Freedom to fly where you wanted too.. Hyper jumps to other star systems, visit Correscant, Tatooine, etc...

Oh man!

Bill

whitehawk_2009
September 15th, 2009, 07:29
Okay, I want this game!

WH

Lionheart
September 15th, 2009, 08:53
Hey WH,

Just remember, if you do get this game, its huge. There are too many things to do. You will feel lost for a week trying to figure out what the heck everything is, like Cahoona's or Taladianium or magnetic rail guns.... You will have to figure out how to dock with stations, dodge pirate craft, learn to sniff out the jump gate rings in various systems...

So you are warned..... This is tough. Be skirrrrrrrd! :kilroy:

I believe those planets and nebulaes in the background are more like wallpaper. I can head to a planet like I am going to re-enter the atmosphere, and it doesnt appear to get closer. It does do a number on my stomach though, heading towards a station with a gigantic planet in the background with clouds gently moving accross the landscape below... Motion sickness or something...

Bill

Madman
September 17th, 2009, 18:48
I've got all the trade extensions (incuding the MK 3 ) but still can't figure out how to remote trade.....
LD

Do you have a trading system extension installed on your Discoverer? If yes, you can order your freighters to dock at any station (provided you're on good terms with the owner) to trade. After the freighter docks, you should have an option to trade with the station available when you open up the freighter's command console.

Lionheart, You can approach some planets......IIRC there's a planet just north of the north gate in Split Fire (south of Elena's Fortune).......fly north past the north gate and you should start getting warnings about "entering atmosphere"; keep going and your ship will start to shake and shudder........your shields will begin to collapse.......and then so will your hull.

RickN
September 18th, 2009, 16:48
Okay, I want this game!

WH

GoGamer has a pretty good deal on it. My copy came in today but I will not start playing it till Christmas since it is one of my gifts.

Besides in a few more months I would almost bet some of our folks start making ships for it. A modified P-38 might make a great space fighter. :icon_lol:

luckydog
September 28th, 2009, 15:27

gigabyte
September 28th, 2009, 18:55
I was just thinking......

If you were to have a 'Light Speed Nav Computer' console... and you could tell it to 'jump' to a star system...

then...

You add a lengthened 'worm hole effect' (stars turning to lines, passing by with some cloudy effects, etc), that lasts about 10 seconds or so, and lasts longer for longer distance jumps, you would then have something so darn close to Star Wars, it wouldnt be funny.

The trick is to have the jumps built into the console instead of the jump rings.

Also, how would you discover the other systems if you have to jump to them first? That would have to be figured out.

Also, if you could land on planets and could fly/drive speeders, that would be 50% of the game right there....

Freedom! Freedom to fly where you wanted too.. Hyper jumps to other star systems, visit Correscant, Tatooine, etc...

Oh man!

Bill

Bill, there is a Jump Drive that can be purchased at the Gonner Temple, which will allow you to jump to any known sector, (the effects aren't great but it is cool to jump 5 or 6 sectors in one shot) as long as you have mapped it or bought the sector maps from a trader. That is one of the main reasons I went off trading and decided to try my hand at Exploring. What a BLAST, I have mapped 140+ systems on my own, and I found 4 free ships so far. I just found the ultimate exploration ship, the Starburst, if you tweak it up the top speed is over 1100 KM, which is faster than any Pitate or Xeon, only problem is I tend to bump into asteroids and stations... brought a whole new meaning to Save Game, Save Game OFTEN. I am learning to control it better now, and it is a fun little rig, the other draw back is it is a racer, so small cargo bay and NO weapons, but it is fun when you are in safe sectors.

Oh Bill a while back you posted about storing cargo, I have bought ships and just parked them at stations with a full cargo hold until I found a place to sell it, it works, but you are risking the ship and cargo if the station gets destroyed, and you need credits to buy ships. The other thing you can do is build a station, (a trading station has lots of room but mega bucks are needed for those). When you get your own station if you want to stock and hold any commodity, just bring it to your station and offload, then set the sell price very high so no one will buy it, stock all you want and when it is time to sell fill up your transports and sell it where ever the price is right for you. As you can see it is kind of like real life, you have to figure out what will work for you and choose your own path, except in real life there is no save game and going back to do things over, now that would be neat...

There is talk of an X3 Super box which will include the 3 games and a collection of add on mods, now that I am looking forward to. I am still searching for a copy of X3 TC, I have reunion, but I like the look of TC very much, it is sold out now so I am watching all the used game shops but no luck so far...

Mobayrasta
October 1st, 2009, 05:22
GoGamer has X3 for 12 bucks on a 48 hour madness sale .

I was too impatient after reading through this thread and downloaded it with steam last night.

I have been lurking in these forums and it is funny that a non airplane thread is what got me to sign up for the forums.

Can't wait to try it when I get home.

gigabyte
October 1st, 2009, 14:39

Thanks for the HU

I have been trying to create an account to order X3 Terrian Conflict, but for some reason it will not allow me to enter any Canadian province... I sent a message to customer service, hopefully this will get me set up I see a couple of titles I would like and they apparently do ship to Canada, I guess it is wait and see...

Mobayrasta
October 6th, 2009, 06:30
Thanks for the HU

I have been trying to create an account to order X3 Terrian Conflict, but for some reason it will not allow me to enter any Canadian province... I sent a message to customer service, hopefully this will get me set up I see a couple of titles I would like and they apparently do ship to Canada, I guess it is wait and see...

Any update....did you get the deal?

Bjoern
October 6th, 2009, 09:48
By the way, I stumbled upon this last night and it seems to be a pretty nice, free open source alternative to X3 (or Freelancer).
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/

Lionheart
October 6th, 2009, 11:12

I was too impatient after reading through this thread and downloaded it with steam last night.

I have been lurking in these forums and it is funny that a non airplane thread is what got me to sign up for the forums.

Can't wait to try it when I get home.

$12.00!!!! I cant believe it... What a deal.

I have been trying to make money on Taladianium, but find myself selling more ore to them (the refineries that produce the material) then actually making sales on the material itself, lol.. Taking a jump from Argon Prime to Ceo's Buckpoint (or whatever that system is called), takes a while going through all the gates. Sure would be nice to find the Jump Drive and get that working. Then I would be in proper Star Trek mode! lol...

Bill

gigabyte
October 6th, 2009, 15:30
Any update....did you get the deal?

Unfortunatly no I can't order through them they will not ship to Canada, so I will have to wait for the Super Box or hope to find a copy of TC in a used game shop, bummer... But I am still getting plenty of enjoyment from Reunion so I am not in a huge hurry.

I have tried a few other online sites in Canada but no one seems to stock TC any longer.

gigabyte
October 6th, 2009, 15:38
$12.00!!!! I cant believe it... What a deal.

I have been trying to make money on Taladianium, but find myself selling more ore to them (the refineries that produce the material) then actually making sales on the material itself, lol.. Taking a jump from Argon Prime to Ceo's Buckpoint (or whatever that system is called), takes a while going through all the gates. Sure would be nice to find the Jump Drive and get that working. Then I would be in proper Star Trek mode! lol...

Bill

Bill I said I would not publish spoilers, but this is not really a spoiler because the Jump drive is easy to find, if you are reading the bulletin board messages when you dock at the stations it is advertised fairly often. The Jump Drive is sold at the Goner Temple which is in Cloudbase South West. I have it on one of my Super Freighters and my Gunship, it does make a huge difference when you want to bypass a hostile sector or get somewhere quickly.

BTW, keep a close watch on the Station bulletin boards, I have done more BB missions than I have trading and some of these are quite profitable for short hops, especially the passanger transport missions. I made enough doing BB missions to build my fleet now I am starting to do some serious trading.

gigabyte
October 6th, 2009, 15:48
By the way, I stumbled upon this last night and it seems to be a pretty nice, free open source alternative to X3 (or Freelancer).
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/

Bjoern, that is a great game, it is based on the old Wing Commander / Privateer engine (greatly enhanced) and has been an ongoing community project for a few years now. I have been playing it off and on for a few years as well, Vegastrike is not quite up to X3, but the game play is very close, the learning curve is not nearly as steep and the controls are not as complex. There are also a few other variations on that engine, Vega Trek (based on Star Trek of course) and another that is based on Battle Star Galactia ships - I don't recall the actual name right now. With the wide open universe and excellent graphics it is an excellent game not to mention the fact that you can't beat the price "Free" and Gig likes Free :)

There are a couple of Privateer remakes out there to, basically reworking of the old graphics to modern up to date quality, one is Privateer Gold, and I forget the other, I have both on my other system but have not played either in some time, as you can tell I am a bit of a space junkie, and anything from the Wing Commanger/Privateer series will grab my attention real quick.

Lionheart
October 6th, 2009, 16:14
Bill I said I would not publish spoilers, but this is not really a spoiler because the Jump drive is easy to find, if you are reading the bulletin board messages when you dock at the stations it is advertised fairly often. The Jump Drive is sold at the Goner Temple which is in Cloudbase South West. I have it on one of my Super Freighters and my Gunship, it does make a huge difference when you want to bypass a hostile sector or get somewhere quickly.

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Dommo arrigatto, gozi-mash tah!

<-- bows humbly

BTW, keep a close watch on the Station bulletin boards, I have done more BB missions than I have trading and some of these are quite profitable for short hops, especially the passanger transport missions. I made enough doing BB missions to build my fleet now I am starting to do some serious trading.

Roger that. I am getting frustrated now and then by the low profits and trying to find buyers for Taladianium. I can do the airline pilot thing. Done it before. :d I would love to have one of those super freighters.

Speaking of which, those green alien super freighters are quite nice. I wonder if I can buy one?

Bill

Lionheart
October 6th, 2009, 18:30
Hey Gigabyte,

Well, there isnt a Goner Temple anymore in X3. I searched the entire sector like a British Cruiser looking for a Type XX1 sub and didnt find a thing except asteroids. No Temple. I looked in CB NW and CB SE as well. Nothing.

Might be something I find later? Time released?

I'll keep looking. Perhaps X3 is a bit diff from the one you have. I'll have to check out the message boards online and see.

I kind of freaked out tonight. I lost my place in the game. I hadnt played in a while and found none of my star systems I found in the past month were there. I thought, what in the world???? I lost everything? Virus attack? Woooot happened?? Then I found my 'Load Game' list was far different numbered then my sticky I have here on my iMac... arrgh. Found my last save, and was back in business.

<--- wipes sweat from forehead and sweeps graying ejected eyebrows from desk

Bill

Lionheart
October 6th, 2009, 20:53
Found it via a Google search.. System of Light, found it at the Free Station. Travelled 3 systems to get the cells for it, and jumped back to Argon Prime in 4 long seconds.....

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gigabyte
October 7th, 2009, 02:40
Speaking of which, those green alien super freighters are quite nice. I wonder if I can buy one?

Bill
Bill you can buy almost any ship if you have the credits and your rep is good enough with the race that sells it. Just dock at a shipyard and if the ship is not red you can buy it, if it is listed in red your reputation is not good enough yet and "Trade restrictions are in effect". The other nice thing about doing the BB missions is many of them if completed in time and successfully will help raise your rep and pay a nice fee in the bargan. The other tip I can give you about reputation, when you see the BB notices for handouts, (orphaned children etc) if you make a donation your reputation will increase with that race, which is handy if you really want to climb the ladder with a particular race.

gigabyte
October 7th, 2009, 02:44
Found it via a Google search.. System of Light, found it at the Free Station. Travelled 3 systems to get the cells for it, and jumped back to Argon Prime in 4 long seconds.....

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That "Warp" engine is a nice rig... just love mine :)

Mobayrasta
October 7th, 2009, 06:38
Oh my God, this game has me. I was up till 2:30 am playing and had to get up at 6:00am. I am thinking about making another install and modding the heck out of it.

Been playing the fighter story line and having fun.

Lionheart
October 7th, 2009, 09:04
Oh my God, this game has me. I was up till 2:30 am playing and had to get up at 6:00am. I am thinking about making another install and modding the heck out of it.

Been playing the fighter story line and having fun.

Oh man, I'll bet that is wild. Here I am only hauling freight. Havent even thought of doing fighter flights.

Whats cool is with twist joysticks, you can rotate on the Z axis (like a barrel roll) which makes aligning with stations or planets easy and better on your mind for navigating with a up/down visual. (I never knew being in space could be so freaky on the senses.. So totally different from flying in an atmosphere).

For anyone that hasnt used a Jump Drive, you basically;

* Click Shift - J
* Select the system from the map
* A voice calls out 'Jump Drive System Charging; 10%, 30%, 60%, (etc)
* Then you go through the worm hole and Bing! You arrive at a gate zone at your selected star system location.

I need to do a few runs and count how many batteries (energy cells) I use at each type of main jump.

I noted last night, going through some systems, (before I got JD), that some ships are moving like UFO's.. Lightning fast. They must have what Gigabyte has for a ship and engine.... arrgh. Very fast..

Bill

gigabyte
October 8th, 2009, 01:34
Bill, unless the stats have changed in TC the cost of a jump is 5 energy cells / sector, and if you look closely you will see the total number of cells required on the sector selection screen before you commit to the jump.

And those fast ships, there are at least 2 ships in Reunion that are capible of over 1100 KM if you add the engine tuneup, one is the free Starburst (the raceer which can't hold any weapons) and the Teldi Harrier Vangard which according to one of the posts I read is capible of almost 2000 km - I would never be able to keep from bumping into asteroids with that thing. I have seen the Vangard but my Rep is not quite good enough yet with the Teldi to purchase it, soon though soon. There are also a number of 500 km plus ships (I have 4 I use as escorts for my super freighter) these are great space superiorty fighters, fast and they can carry a nice wep loadout so real handy in a pirate sector when you are trying to get a good cargo through. They do make good exploration ships as well, you can outrun most of the pirates if you don't want to waste time and get on with the exploration.

Lionheart
October 8th, 2009, 08:27
Bill, unless the stats have changed in TC the cost of a jump is 5 energy cells / sector, and if you look closely you will see the total number of cells required on the sector selection screen before you commit to the jump.

And those fast ships, there are at least 2 ships in Reunion that are capible of over 1100 KM if you add the engine tuneup, one is the free Starburst (the raceer which can't hold any weapons) and the Teldi Harrier Vangard which according to one of the posts I read is capible of almost 2000 km - I would never be able to keep from bumping into asteroids with that thing. I have seen the Vangard but my Rep is not quite good enough yet with the Teldi to purchase it, soon though soon. There are also a number of 500 km plus ships (I have 4 I use as escorts for my super freighter) these are great space superiorty fighters, fast and they can carry a nice wep loadout so real handy in a pirate sector when you are trying to get a good cargo through. They do make good exploration ships as well, you can outrun most of the pirates if you don't want to waste time and get on with the exploration.

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the heads up and information.

I guess hyper jumps are more expensive in X3. Jumping from Ceos Buckzoid to Argon Prime is around 80+ Energy Cells or EC's. A 2 system jump from Ceo's B. to Queens Space is 10 EC's, which is quite a bit. (Figure 12 Credits each at 10, jumping both ways, thats 240 Cr's for a round trip 2 system jump. Might be worth it to use SETA drive more on short hauls and only use the Hyper Jump Drive on long hauls).

I really need a bigger freighter.. That wild green super freighter I have been wanting is Boron class. (Found out this morning. Woke up early and did a couple of freight runs and experimented with costs of hyper jumps).

Bill

Marlin
October 9th, 2009, 21:58
My favorite ship is my Skate. You can haul some stuff, it is fast and can shoot almost all the guns for a bit before depleting the energy supply.

Lionheart
October 10th, 2009, 01:00
Very cool Marlin. I'll have to look that one up. As a matter of fact, I need to loop up all ships, it seems. I need to learn what they all look like.

Just purchased a Mako for a stealing deal. I was passing through Kingdom of Light system, and the ship yard offered me a Mako, used, high mileage, for 10K! nice.... Only did 44MS, lol.. After repair to the hull, engine tune, and SETA drive, she is now doing 208 MS (or KMS) and is a pretty wild ride.

Its an alien Boron craft, apparently a single seater and very wild looking. I am attaching some pics of it.

I feel like a kid again that just bought a used Fiat X/1-9. :d

Anyone recommend a type of Super Freighter and where to get one? Seems the largest ones are always out of stock in the places I am looking for them at.

Bill

luckydog
October 10th, 2009, 07:07
Found a Goner Temple in Elysium of Light ( NW of Omicron Lyrae )

Lionheart
October 10th, 2009, 12:37
Found a Goner Temple in Elysium of Light ( NW of Omicron Lyrae )

Did you go inside and check it out? :d

I do not think I have even found that system yet.. arrgh..

I have been finding tons of data online, free ships, maps, etc. Very good to find out some of this.

I have been working my 'bing...' off trying to make 2 million for a super freighter. I finally got to 1.8 lastnight and was going to try to get one, and they are out of stock. arrgh.. Then, after putting money into my new 'old used' Mako, I was back down to 1.4 Million.. (tripple argh). So then, I decided to look up a free ship, to see if I could find a super freighter. I did find one, but not 'huge'. Its a Split Iguanna Vangaurd. Took me forever to find it. Its at coordinates 38.0 0.0 35.0 in the Family Whi system (sorry Mike, I had too, lol). But, try to figure out how the coordinates work!!!!! What a long time that took me. Then, I almost ran into it when I found it. I had to go out in my suit (first time) and move around. Couldnt figure out how to get in, lol.. . Was bumping into the sides. Looked it up online and found out how to claim an abondoned ship.

This thing though is cool, though its not really for cargo. Its an ex-slave ship and has some neat features on it. The architecture of the ship is really unique. Its sort of balanced on hits layout, a rythym of lines (theme of angles), and looks like a mix between Frank Lloyd Wright and Vulcan spacecraft, lol... Its now a cleaned up, Christian company owned vessel! For some reason though, I cannot get Ore with it. I have been living on that industry for ages. Now they say I have inadequate good standing or something. I have to improve my 'good standings'. (Perhaps you have to do this with each ship?).

In the mean time, I can at least run some people around.

NOTE: I took a close up of the nose (last two shots) that show you how much detail that is 'common' on 'everything' in this game. The nose area is just one little area on this ship....

NOTE 2: Note the side view. There are cargo containers near the rear, liquid storage tanks in the middle, and passenger accommodations in the front. (I can carry people now, lol.. )

I would like to know the details on how to set up a ship to do an auto route. That is my next step. It would be nice to have my Mercury doing back and forth hauls of Ore to the Taladianium founderies in Ceos Buckzoid system.

Bill

Madman
October 10th, 2009, 17:17
For some reason though, I cannot get Ore with it.

The Iguana is a TP class ship (passenger transport) and IIRC, all TP class except the Boron Angel are limited to carrying L sized cargo or smaller. Ore is XL sized cargo, so you'll need a freighter (TS or TL class ship) or one of the larger warships (M1 or M2 class) to carry it.

Lionheart
October 10th, 2009, 22:39
Thanks MadMan.. I almost figured it was something like that, as I still had my pilot name on the vehicle registry. Didnt sound right that I couldnt pick up Ore becuase of a new vehicle...

Bill

Lionheart
October 11th, 2009, 20:40
Worked all night last night to get to 2Million. Got there, and found out the Mercury Super Freighter isnt in any of the known early sectors...

This morning, I found out (through Google) that the baby is in the lower right corner of the 'big' map, lol.. Had to take my Discoverer out and do some searching. Found it.

Nice to be able to make 100,000.00 on a single run (when rates are good).

Bill

FengZ
October 11th, 2009, 21:19
i tried to buy this game over the weekend..but the store didn't have it! doh! I wonder if i can buy this through steam or a direct download store.

I bought a few other games tho: Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising, Prototype, and Mass Effect (old game, but i never played it).

So far, Mass Effect is pretty awesome. You'll love it bill...classic sci-fi to the core. It's completely Syd Mead style....

-feng

Lionheart
October 12th, 2009, 06:23
So far, Mass Effect is pretty awesome. You'll love it bill...classic sci-fi to the core. It's completely Syd Mead style....

-feng

Thanks Feng,

I'll definately check it out.

Bill

Lionheart
October 12th, 2009, 06:26
My next project or direction I wish to explore in X3 is auto trading. Has anyone here started this?

I found where the controls are for starting it. I have all the trade upgrades except for the one that is $500,000 credits. I take it that is the one I need to actually get the system running. (eeeks!!!!!). Right now, the main trade controls are locked out, or gray (unselectable). So I am assuming I need that expensive pack to get it unlocked.

I may go hunting for some scripts. I 'need' auto trade, lol.. I want to go play while the system is making funds.

Bill

gigabyte
October 12th, 2009, 12:26
My next project or direction I wish to explore in X3 is auto trading. Has anyone here started this?

I found where the controls are for starting it. I have all the trade upgrades except for the one that is $500,000 credits. I take it that is the one I need to actually get the system running. (eeeks!!!!!). Right now, the main trade controls are locked out, or gray (unselectable). So I am assuming I need that expensive pack to get it unlocked.

I may go hunting for some scripts. I 'need' auto trade, lol.. I want to go play while the system is making funds.

Bill

Bill, You can set up trade runs with out actually having them fully automated, just select the ship you want to do the trade run in the sector map or from the My Property menu, select command console, then navigation, send it to the location you want and make sure you have the option to notify you when the orders are complete set to ON. When you get the message that the ship has arrived open the command console and this time select the Trade command, once you have bought the commidity you want, order it to the station where you want to send it, and you will get another message when it arrives, so you can sell the goods.

It is not "Automatic" but you can go off exploring and when the messages come in just open the ships console give it a few orders then go on your way. That is what I have been doing for a long time, it keeps me in contact with the ships as well, all you need is the trading extension installed in each ship.

Madman
October 12th, 2009, 13:43
FengZ, It is available on Steam.

Lionheart. You're welcome, and you're correct; if you want your traders to be autonomous, you will need that software.

You bought a freighter? I always steal mine. :tgun2:

Lionheart
October 13th, 2009, 19:49
Man.... This game is way too adictive, lolol...

I found out a few things tonight.

* I can turn on 'Wormhole Visible' so that when doing a hyper jump, I am literally flying through a tunnel of light.
* I can pick up things at other stations remotely with my other ships. I didnt know I could do that.
* I figured out how to set 'Auto Jump' in my ships settings for all ships, so that now they will Auto-Jump (if they have 'energy cells' on board) and will get there in quick order in stead of going through each stargate. Very nice if you want them there quickly.
* I reset SETA drive (Singularity Engine Time Accellerator) to 100% (1000 % in the game) form 650... Much faster in my huge dreadnaught Super Freighter which only does 72 Meters a second in normal time.

NOTE: Learning to jump to gates that are near your targets is a good thing with slower frieghters. If you jump to a gate on the other side of a system from the ore mine station you need, you may have to run through clusters of asteroids, and the autopilots are horrible at that. I have been hitting asteroids many times.

I purchased the 500,000 credit trade system. Hopefully I can get it going tonight or tomorrow....

Awesome game....!

Lionheart
October 14th, 2009, 10:27
I have a quick question. How do you know how many credits you have in the game?

The only time I can find out is when I am trading, at a station. There seems to be no record of it I can find anywhere except when trading....

Gigabyte,

Did you get X3 TC yet?

I think you will freak out. From what I heard, you have 100 more ships then you did in X2. This will be quite a 'jump' for you, no pun intended... :d

EDIT: Side note; On that photo I posted above, the worm hole with my ship going through it. It isnt as brilliant in the screenshot as it is in the game. In the game, its racing past you, and the entire screen is in the tube of starts, and its realy bright in the core center, and your ship comes through over your head and spiral's up through the rushing tube of stars. Its only visible for perhaps 10 seconds or less, but its wild.

I was coming up to a gate, and a war ship, roughly corvette class, that was 'near' a gate suddenly flashed bright and was gone. I am figuring that is what Warp or Jump looks like when not using the gates. Very very cool... lol

Bill

luckydog
October 14th, 2009, 14:28
I have a quick question. How do you know how many credits you have in the game? (Lionheart)

Go to "Personal" in upper left corner......
click on "My pilot status "........
account will show credits.
Or
hit p key twice for account and detailed pilot history.

Lionheart
October 14th, 2009, 17:02
I have a quick question. How do you know how many credits you have in the game? (Lionheart)

Go to "Personal" in upper left corner......
click on "My pilot status "........
account will show credits.
Or
hit p key twice for account and detailed pilot history.

Thanks LD,

I'll look there again. I didnt see it. Must be missing it.

Bill

<--- cracks knuckles and wipes sweat from palms... end of the day. time once again for some more adventures in space!

gigabyte
October 15th, 2009, 00:41
Gigabyte,

Did you get X3 TC yet?

I think you will freak out. From what I heard, you have 100 more ships then you did in X2. This will be quite a 'jump' for you, no pun intended... :d

Bill

Nothing yet Bill, I am hoping to see it today or tomorrow - "Ears Hopin" :)

Lionheart
October 15th, 2009, 00:59
Roger that Mike. Lets hope you get it tomorrow so you can give us some tips for the TC version. :d

This thing reminds me alot of FS. You are exploring, tons of sights to see. When you dock at a station, at times, its like landing at an airport. Some are huge stations, some are little ones, so its like 'types of airports', such as international airports and dirt strips. Only difference is, AP needs to land it.

But... The warping from gates and from Jump Drive reminds me of Stargate and also Battlestar Gallactica. The Gallactica could jump from a stand still, no accelleration. This is just like that with Jump Drive. When going through gates, its very similar to Stargates. Touch the puddle and WOOOOSH! You are into the tunnel going through a wormhole...

Really gets your imagination going...

After 2 hours of gaming last night in X3, I took Junior out for a walk. I was thinking, while looking at the stars, what if.... If you had one of those ships 'now'. You could be running people and cargo to Mars, Europa, and other planets and moons, setting up colonies and bases, shuffling cargo and people to and from locations...

Bill

Lionheart
October 15th, 2009, 22:01
Wow...

I made my way to the Terran Sector.. Wolf zero zero zero is just around the corner... (Earth).

Got to see Uranus, Jupiter, Saturn... (not the car company).

Brilliant. Totally new ship and station architectures... Its wild how they did Jupiter. Its HUGE... and has rings that spin and 'whirlwind' in the opposite directions. How they did the animations on the planet, I just dont know.

I couldnt dock at any bases in my humble Iguanna Vangaurd.. arrgh...

NOTE: The one with Uranus in the background (brilliant blue color world) has my ship in it, the one I found, abondoned.. The Iguanna... :d (Makes me think, what if Frank Lloyd Wright designed the Nautilus from '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea'... lol)

Bill

Lionheart
October 16th, 2009, 09:18
Back to those screenshots I posted last night at 2AM.

I took a picture of the new Terran (Earth) jump gates. They are more radical looking then the Argon sector rings. Also, you can see how the Earth stations look more advanced. They use alot of cool rings and tall spire looking things in their architectures. Some of their stations are EXTREMELY MASSIVE...

Also, I got into my first furball dogfight last night with Xenon raiders that were trying to attack a Terran delegates ship that I was asked to help escort. Very cool. I hadnt shot anything yet so I didnt know where all the controls were for weapons. I did launch a volley of missles, and shot the lasers, which kept overheating. I also would ram the enemy fighters with my old Iguanna ship, lol... Worked well.

I could 'not' dock at any stations though in the Terran sector, at least with my Iguanna. Very odd. I must need something in order to do that, I am thinking. Thus, since you are only able to save a game at a station, you cannot save when you are deep into the Sol system (Terra / Earth). So I had to back track all the way back out to the main Terrain jump gate to save at a station and keep all my jump points in the Nav computer.

I found I could jump from that one launch point, all the way back to Argon Prime with only about a 150 Energy Cell burn!!!!! Very cool... I may start going there more often. There are Solar Power stations nearby to refuel at for return jaunts.

Bill

FengZ
October 16th, 2009, 09:31
man this game looks so cool. Must buy it...

Chacha
October 16th, 2009, 09:35

I bought one, two days ago.... :icon_lol:

looking for time to start it... ;)

Lionheart
October 16th, 2009, 10:07

Its huge Feng... Huge...

I was thinking last night how wild it would be to have some of the Star Wars worlds in it, with some Imperial ships, some Correllian frieghters running around (AI traffic), some X-wings partrolling Imperial or outland territories.. Those cool football shaped rebel freighters.

The stations near Earth are very Star Trek looking. Begs for some Star Fleet ships to be seen...

I bought one, two days ago....

looking for time to start it...

ChaCha

You bought it!??

Awesome.. But beware, do not blame me for addictiveness.. . You are warned.

Note; Easier to read the PDF Manual on the computer screen rather then the black manual that comes with it. Check for updates.

Your 'home' will be (for now) Argon Prime. Its very similar to Earth but very very far away from Earth.

One of the hilarious things on the game are the ladies voice at the stations. "We have a sale going at the machine shop at level 5", "Argon Flu is going around. Please be vaccinated at our medical center on level 6", "The restaurant is now open for your convinience", "Flight 117 to Home of Light is now boarding at gate 15".

Bill

Chacha
October 16th, 2009, 10:16
Its huge Feng... Huge...

I was thinking last night how wild it would be to have some of the Star Wars worlds in it, with some Imperial ships, some Correllian frieghters running around (AI traffic), some X-wings partrolling Imperial or outland territories.. Those cool football shaped rebel freighters.

The stations near Earth are very Star Trek looking. Begs for some Star Fleet ships to be seen...

You bought it!??

Awesome.. But beware, do not blame me for addictiveness.. . You are warned.

Note; Easier to read the PDF Manual on the computer screen rather then the black manual that comes with it. Check for updates.

Your 'home' will be (for now) Argon Prime. Its very similar to Earth but very very far away from Earth.

One of the hilarious things on the game are the ladies voice at the stations. "We have a sale going at the machine shop at level 5", "Argon Flu is going around. Please be vaccinated at our medical center on level 6", "The restaurant is now open for your convinience", "Flight 117 to Home of Light is now boarding at gate 15".

Bill

..Got delivered on Tuesday... :bump:

$39.99 .... I got so excited, I got overwhelmed, I don't know where to start, you know I don't read manuals... Perhaps NOW I will start. My sleepless nights will be over.... :icon_lol:

I got something to learn.... :bump:

Madman
October 16th, 2009, 14:15
I could 'not' dock at any stations though in the Terran sector, at least with my Iguanna. Very odd. I must need something in order to do that, I am thinking.

I don't have TC, but in Reunion, if your ranking isn't high enough a race will deny you permission to dock at their stations.......maybe they just don't like you enough yet.

Lionheart
October 16th, 2009, 14:23
I don't have TC, but in Reunion, if your ranking isn't high enough a race will deny you permission to dock at their stations.......maybe they just don't like you enough yet.

This may be.

I think it has to do with the ship. I found this one and at some stations I am not allowed to purchase certain things, including ore. But the rest of my fleet, I can. So I must have to switch over ownership or something on it.

Bill

gigabyte
October 16th, 2009, 15:04
Bill here is a new one for you to try, it takes a good number of credits, think 25million+ (if you don't want to wait, run the add credits script). It took me over 120 hours of play time to get there in X3 Reunion (then I found out about the cheat script after I had earned enough to do this...)

Go to an Argon Shipyard and purchase a Mammoth, it is the mega transport, too big to dock so it uses smaller transports to move wares to stations. Well I figured if it has to use freighters to move stuff it must have a docking bay... and guess what I am now Captian of a Mammoth and I have 5 fighters parked in the bays (it will hold more I think but I only had 5 I could use). I loaded it up with a gizillion energy cells and my jump drive and tonight I plan on doing some serious exploring. There is a Split version but I am not high enough in the good graces of the Split to buy that one so I settled for the Argon mega ship.

This sim offers endless possibilities I had left it alone for the better part of a year until this thread started now I am back into it big time.

Unfortunatly I am off for a two week road trip so my sim time will be nil for awhile :(

Lionheart
October 16th, 2009, 16:02
Mike,

That is awesome! I must try it tonight!

I did see that some ships have hanger bays, some for 1, some for 3, etc. 5 though, man...!

Ok.. Exactly how do I add a script. Full detail. I havent done that yet and hearing this, I must do it now. Do I need to download and run the manager program thing I heard about? or just drop a script into a folder? (Please forgive my not knowing this. If there is a webpage that explains it, send me there).

Did you get X3 TC yet? Its been a few days.

Side note; I still havent figured out how to get ships to run on their own in trading routes. Perhaps they do not do this in X3 TC.

Sure was wild to see Jupiter, Uranus, and Saturn last night. Very well done on the planet graphics.. I had goosebumps the entire time, lol...

Bill

Lionheart
October 16th, 2009, 17:49
Ok.. Exactly how do I add a script. Full detail. I havent done that yet and hearing this, I must do it now. Do I need to download and run the manager program thing I heard about? or just drop a script into a folder? (Please forgive my not knowing this. If there is a webpage that explains it, send me there)

<-- Me

Nevermind. I found it. :d

gigabyte
October 16th, 2009, 18:22
Mike,

I did see that some ships have hanger bays, some for 1, some for 3, etc. 5 though, man...!

Ok.. Exactly how do I add a script. Full detail. I havent done that yet and hearing this, I must do it now. Do I need to download and run the manager program thing I heard about? or just drop a script into a folder? (Please forgive my not knowing this. If there is a webpage that explains it, send me there).

Did you get X3 TC yet? Its been a few days.

Bill

Hey Bill, No sign of a package yet? I was hopeing to see something before I left but I guess it will be here when I get home from the road trip...

Regarding the scripts, it is a long process, you have to first activate the script editor, to do that make sure you are in space not docked at a station then go into the menus and change the pilot name to - "Thereshallbewings" (case sensitive and type it slowly the double l does not register if you enter it too fast) if you have done it correctly the name does not change on your screen but you will find a Script Editor in the Global Commands menu - then the fun begins. There are a huge number of mods and scripts including FSX style planes like an F14 and an F4U - soo cool looking in space. I had some of the XTM mods installed last time I was playing howver I am running without right now.

Here is the link for a good place to start with mods, the Xuniverse is one of the best I have found for mods - http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62

If you want to see some of the ships check out this page - http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6948

There are several total conversions including the full XTM (Xtended Nod) I havent tried it yet, I want to do a seperate install to try that, and I just don't have the time, besides the vanella game is plenty of fun for now.

Beware if you don't want to stumble on to spoilers there are plenty of them on those forums, most are well marked but you can stumble upon the odd one that is not so obviouly marked as a spoiler.

I am off to make a run in the new mammmoth before I pack the bags for the road trip, talk to you all in a couple of weeks, I keep thinking "Holy Feldercarb Starbuck..." 2 weeks no simming, I am getting the shakes just thinking about it!!!:isadizzy:

Lionheart
October 16th, 2009, 18:44
2 weeks no simming, I am getting the shakes just thinking about it!!!:isadizzy:

eeeks! 2 weeks.. I thought you would only be gone a couple of days. Have a safe trip and have fun. I hope its so fun that you dont get a chance to miss the sims and gaming.

Is your mother inlaw going?

Thanks for the tips. They are working. I am now at 20,000,000 in my account, lolol.. Time to go shopping.

Bill

gigabyte
October 17th, 2009, 20:13
eeeks! 2 weeks.. I thought you would only be gone a couple of days. Have a safe trip and have fun. I hope its so fun that you dont get a chance to miss the sims and gaming.

Is your mother inlaw going?

Thanks for the tips. They are working. I am now at 20,000,000 in my account, lolol.. Time to go shopping.

Bill

I probably won't have time to miss anything while I am gone, I am meeting up with a very dear old friend tomorrow who I have not seen in 35 years, then it is 2 weeks traveling through the Annapolis Valley to 5 different hospitals teaching the staff (think me qne 350 nurses.... :mixedsmi:) how to order their office supplies through our Website.

I have a ton of other work piled up but it will have to wait those nurses come first...lol

Wish me luck, I just hope I survive :kilroy:

Lionheart
October 19th, 2009, 19:00
Wish me luck, I just hope I survive :kilroy:

Good luck Mike and Gods Blessings and Speed! I hope it goes smoother then ever and more gets accomplished then ever imagined before.

Well, I got the cheat things installed, and created a Baldric 'Terran' ship.

Goodness! I then outfitted it with all the extra's and goodies and took it for a spin, then a few hops through the Boron and Teladi sectors (North West). Awesome!!! This bird is doing like over 600 M/S, lolol... I have roughly 7,000 available in the cargo bay, and I think I can get a good amount of people in it, at least from what I see of the windows on the exterior. I could be wrong. I want a fast personal craft, so I am hoping this will be it.

Next will be the Tokyo class Carrier (Terran / Earth ship). It has a huge cargo bay, and can carry (I think) 64 ships in the hanger bay. And..... (and) it definately looks like Syd Mead made the thing, lol.... So Assymetrical its crazy. The round section on the thing is the hanger deck, evidently rotates to launch fighters, or something.

The smooth new Baldric (screenshots) is the new baby. The Terrans (us) make some smooth, nice looking ships. Love the windows from Engineering overlooking the aft and the underside belly area between the rear main engines. Cool front fuselage as well.

Bill

Lionheart
October 19th, 2009, 19:07
Edit; Addition supplement to above post.

On the carrier; Notes. That Tokyo carrier looks like a flying saucer, mounted to a hull that has an engine on the rear, and a huge set of rail gun armament on the nose. Wild design, lol.. Note, that it is HUGE.............! really huge..

On the new Baldric, that thing looks really similar to the ship in that Star Trek series. I cant remember the name of it off hand (I'm sorry fellow Trekkies.. I am old you know). Very clean shape...

In getting new ships that are in my own command, I have to make a comparison of this game with Flight Simulator. With FS, you can add tons of freeware and payware planes (and scenery, etc) to it. In X3, you can obtain, add, etc, tons of things just as well. This makes it pretty darn expandable, just like FS.

I wonder if we can add worlds? That might be locked in by the game maker group.

What if...................?

Lionheart
October 19th, 2009, 22:02
Got it! One 'Tokyo Class' super carrier, M1, dreadnaught by the Terran home world sector!!!! Smells like a new car! :d

What a mammoth 'thing'! lol...

An ocean of hull metal along the top, tons of ribbing structure underneath, a giant super door in the midships Port beam. The saucer section is just simpy huge.. The engines remind me of the Discovery in 2001 a Space Odyssee.

Syd Mead had to have designed this one... Had to have.....

EDIT: Views listing

1. Top view, bow at left
2. Hanger Door; multi level
3. Port (left) side, rear looking forward
4. Engines, top down on left
5. Top rear looking forward, ocean of decking material
6. saucer section
7. Right rear, looking forward
8. Right Front near bow
9. Lower rear right, side near engines
10. Left view, bow at left

Lionheart
October 19th, 2009, 23:43
Man...

A few notes on owning your own carrier.

* Can only dock at shipyards, so you cannot save games until you are in a system with a shipyard.

* To take on cargo like Energy Cells, etc, you must use Freight Drones to retrieve your cargo from stations, then do a Freight Transfer after they land

* Remember to make the carrier 'their' (drones) home so you can command them to return to 'home' when they have picked up the cargo. (Fly them seperately by remote AP to retrieve, trade, return).

* The gate is a tight fit. Be careful.

* Probably best to manually fly it through difficult area's. Use SETA drive and have it at 1000%. The Tokyo only clips along at top speed of 87 M/S and axial rotation during an AP parking manuever is extremely slow, as you would guess.

Pretty cool watching two drones leave your cargo bay and dock at a nearby station. These drones can also go extra system to retrieve cargo...

You can set the drones to 'email' you when they arrive.

Bill

Lionheart
October 19th, 2009, 23:47
Feng,

If you want to get it online, there is a Mac version here;

http://www.deliver2mac.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=369

I do not have the mac version though, and I do not know if you can install the cheats... so you might hold off until you find out..

Bill

FengZ
October 20th, 2009, 03:34
careful with using them cheats...it'll kill your addiction fast. :) Cuz it removes the "need to work to get something better" aspect of gameplay....which is the key in these types of simulations...

i remember using a cheat in Civilization 4...and soon all my cities were rich and well protected by tanks/planes, etc...i was the power of all...then there was no challenge anymore and it got really boring...deleted the game soon after.

-feng

Lionheart
October 20th, 2009, 07:33
careful with using them cheats...it'll kill your addiction fast. :) Cuz it removes the "need to work to get something better" aspect of gameplay....which is the key in these types of simulations...

i remember using a cheat in Civilization 4...and soon all my cities were rich and well protected by tanks/planes, etc...i was the power of all...then there was no challenge anymore and it got really boring...deleted the game soon after.

-feng

Roger that and I hear yah.

This already happened and I lost my drive as I didnt need to make money anymore, which was the addiction in the first place; obtaining that which I needed to make myself better, and that 'high' from accomplishment.

But.. I decided to try a new avenue which is to see what all the game can do. I want to make some stations and get things animated. I also kept my addiction of making funds (credits) which still gives me that mild high of accomplishment. I will probably figure a way to create a fleet of freighters running trade routes. (I just need to figure out how to get those animated, if there is even a way).

I did consider having a seperate installation of the game just for this when I was overwhelmed at the loss of 'need for trade'. I still might do that.

This even hit me inside, lol... My 'Christian' beliefs were tested. I am not cheating anyone, so I cannot say I am stealing. I want to learn more of this game and do not have months to come up with the funds for obtaining certain ships and stations, though the reward of that 'high' of accomplishment is not as moderate now, lol..

'Catch 22'

Bill

Chacha
October 20th, 2009, 09:31
Must be a very interesting game, I have not started it yet, my new copy is sitting on my desk.

I upgraded my OSX to Snow - first.

I might load it tonight on a Dell computer XP, and see how it delivers...

I know myself, I am easily get carried away... :bump:

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

Lionheart
October 20th, 2009, 09:50
Must be a very interesting game, I have not started it yet, my new copy is sitting on my desk.

I upgraded my OSX to Snow - first.

I might load it tonight on a Dell computer XP, and see how it delivers...

I know myself, I am easily get carried away... :bump:

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

Hey ChaCha,

I tried it on my hp Laptop and it was horrible. Unplayable. Its an older hp though, about 2 years old, and laptops arent known for being gaming computers unless its something crazy like a Alienware.

Even on my iMac 24, it can stutter now and then.

Bill

luckydog
October 20th, 2009, 17:30
Need some help......

I've done the "pilot name change" thing,
the script editor seems to be active,
I've downloaded a coupla interesting scripts to an independant folder but they are in "rar" and I can't open them (do I need to??).
Could someone give me a step by step guide on what to do next...
(or point me to a tutorial)??

Thanks,
LD

Lionheart
October 20th, 2009, 17:57
Need some help......

I've downloaded a coupla interesting scripts to an independant folder but they are in "rar" and I can't open them (do I need to??).

Thanks,
LD

Hey LD,

Download the latest Script Manager (not editor) and run that. It will have three programs that popup or install start icons on your desktop; Plugin Manager Installer, Plugin Manager Packager, and Plugin Manager Ship Creator.

EDIT
Here is a webpage from the actual creators on how to use the Plugin Manager;
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216693

EDIT
Here is the Plugin Manager unit. I think I downloaded the regular one as I have had badluck with Beta's.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=218121&sid=f94cd048a4494fb4d24bd26af042267c

EDIT
Next, download the base Cheats combo pack and install that via the Plugin Installer.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216691

Next, run X3TC, punch in 'Therebewings', and then save and reboot the game.

Now, start the game. Note that you cannot be docked when accessing the Cheat menu screen 'unless' you use a different shop through 'r' menu (personal belongings / Ships). Access a ship there, when you are docked, and you can then access your Cheat Menu.

To access the Cheat Menu Screen, click R to go to Ships, select a undocked ship, click on the space craft in the green window, click Orders / Command Console / Custom then click on the 'Cheat Menu'

Note1; You must create a location for a ship or station to appear at, and assign it to the race; 'Therebewings'. Otherwise, it flies home to its mother race.

Note2; Dreadnaughts can only be boarded by docking with it at a shipyard. I tried the pilot transfer thing and it didnt seem to work. I may be doing something wrong though.

I installed through the cheats/Add Equipment/Transporter, which has a range of 5 Kilometers. But I couldnt find a menu flag that says 'Transporter' or 'Transport Pilot to other Ship', so that is in limbo for now.

Also, I wonder if you can add 'normal' ships to dock in a carrier or dreadnaught? Right now, I have 2 drones (created from the Build Ship Cheat Menu). It would be nice to throw my Iguanna in there, lol... Might be too big though. For some reason, it will not dock at my carrier.

So... LD, what do you have your eyes on? What are you thinking of getting?

Bill

luckydog
October 20th, 2009, 18:06
Thanks Bill !!!!
I'll give that a try.....

I was going to start with "universal satellites" to help with trading and maybe "rebuild hull & shields" to save money.

LD

Lionheart
October 20th, 2009, 18:09
Hey LD,

Roger that and most welcome. I added some Edits in there with clickable links. You might re-read that.

I can access 'other' ships that 'are' docked just fine and access the Cheat menu, so evidently it only pertains to the actual pilot and not other craft.

Bill

Lionheart
October 20th, 2009, 18:30
Ok.. I loaded up the Carrier Command software pack on the Mako I have, and that ansered to docking on my Carrier. It wouldnt dock when I was docked to the shipyard.

Time for a road trip! lol...

Lionheart
October 21st, 2009, 11:56
LD,

What did you get? Did the Cheat menu work for you ok?

I ended up doing recon in the South East. Man.. Found gates everywhere.. and pirates.. and some evil hostiles...

I dont know what I did to my Iguanna Vanguard, but it now does 2155 M/S, without using SETA drive, lolol.. Perfect for evading the bad guys..

Bill

gigabyte
October 21st, 2009, 13:55
Need some help......

Thanks,
LD

LD on the RAR files, you most likely have to extract those first, do a google search for Winrar or 7zip, both of those programs will extract RAR compressed files, the rest is in Lionhearts post, use the Add In manager it makes adding and running scripts much easier overall.

Lionheart
October 21st, 2009, 20:33
Alright Eli.....

Time to unwrap the package....

Gently take off the plastic cover, take out the DVD, insert it into your iMac, and start the install........

Dont be skiiiiiiiird....

There is a whole new set of adventures out there waiting for you....

Bill

Chacha
October 21st, 2009, 21:07
Alright Eli.....

Time to unwrap the package....

Gently take off the plastic cover, take out the DVD, insert it into your iMac, and start the install........

Dont be skiiiiiiiird....

There is a whole new set of adventures out there waiting for you....

Bill

I have NO FEAR Lionheart..... :icon_lol: ... Not me, I am a warrior!!! I can capture the kha' ... (however you spell it) and bind her and cast her out.... :engel016:

I am rearranging my files.... doing a lot of back ups.... and all my pictures on iPhoto.....

I know I will be occupied for a lot of hours/days/week/months if I start the TCX3 game, so I better be ready.... :running:

My Opera is acting up.... and is not cooperating.... I wonder? :isadizzy:

Eli- the warrior :pop4:

Lionheart
October 22nd, 2009, 09:41
A cool map of the ships scales (sizes)

Original (around 3,000 pixels wide, huge!) is available here; http://www.lucike.info/x3_terran_conflict/screenshots/capitalships.jpg

The Tokyo M1 Carrier is 3rd from the left, top row. :d

luckydog
October 22nd, 2009, 10:16
Yumpin Yiminee!........It works !!!!!
Loaded up super tuning, hull & shield rebuild and universal satellites.
Followed Gig's plan and purchased a Mammoth freighter.
Now I need to arm it and figure out how to get some fighters to dock in the hanger.

gigabyte
October 22nd, 2009, 15:38
Yumpin Yiminee!........It works !!!!!
Loaded up super tuning, hull & shield rebuild and universal satellites.
Followed Gig's plan and purchased a Mammoth freighter.
Now I need to arm it and figure out how to get some fighters to dock in the hanger.

And another one bites the dust....

Lionheart
October 22nd, 2009, 17:19
And another one bites the dust....

lololol...

Have fun LD!

I think the 'Carrier Command Software' package helps on using drones and ships when docked or docking to your Carrier/Dreadnaught.

You can assign them 'Homes' and select which/where it is, and can then include Carriers/Dreadnaughts.

Bill

Lionheart
October 23rd, 2009, 11:35
Well, now that my Iguanna is doing 2155 M/S (without SETA drive running), I have found the courage to do drive throughs in the Xenon sectors. They used to blast me as soon as I was a ways out from the gate. Now, they just watch my dust streak by. :d

Got to a secluded, closed off one-way-out 'unknown sector' just past a Xenon sector, and curiosity got me. So I went for it. I finally found the gate out past two Xenon 'somethings' and went through and looked around. Pretty wild. Then, I see this ship behind a asteroid. I go over there, and its just sitting there. What luck! An abandoned ship... I quickly claimed it and realised I coudnt get it through the Xenon sector, lolol... I would need Jump Drive in it.

So I cheated, opened my Cheat list, installed Jump Drive, some Energy Units, set AP to 'Auto-Jump' and got it to the nearest friendly sector to fuel up and jump home.

A very nice find.

Abandoned ship is a Falcon Sentinel.

I also decided to 'create' a Split Supply Elephant. Basically a huge supply dreadnaught. I am into hauling cargo, so when I discovered what they were (and the fact that they look pretty wild) I decided I must have one. That was at nearly 2AM last night though, so tonight after work, I am going to create the supply drones that shuttle cargo back and fourth to the ship.

I wish I could figure out auto-trade.. Anyone figure out if its possible to have ships purchase and sell automatically, or if thats even possible in X3TC...

Below is a shot of the super huge Elephant on a test drive, and then docking at the Teladi Supply Yard, next to my other 'cool chariot' the M1 Tokyo Super Carrier. Other shots are of the Falcon Sentinel.

Bill

Mobayrasta
October 23rd, 2009, 18:43
GoGamer once again has this on their 48 hour madness sale http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=66164030&extid=Oct2309 $12.90 for X3:TC 2.0 with the Aldrin Missions PAck. What a great deal. If you do not have this game, there is absolutely no reason not to buy it at this price. AMAZING Price Amazing space sim, go buy it people! (no I do not work for gogamer....lol)

Dain Arns
October 23rd, 2009, 19:24
GoGamer once again has this on their 48 hour madness sale http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=66164030&extid=Oct2309 $12.90 for X3:TC 2.0 with the Aldrin Missions PAck. What a great deal. If you do not have this game, there is absolutely no reason not to buy it at this price. AMAZING Price Amazing space sim, go buy it people! (no I do not work for gogamer....lol)

$15.89 total including shipping. That is a good deal. I keep looking at this one... :kilroy:

Craig Taylor
October 23rd, 2009, 19:34
This is intriguing me as well - especially at that price. I looked at the system requirements, and my old-as-the-hills Dimension 4600 meets or exceeds everything except the core-duo processor requirements. Does anyone have any experience with how this will run on an older machine? I've got a 3 GHz single core with 3 GB of RAM, and a 256 MB AGP graphics card (nVidia 7800 GS). Whaddya think?

luckydog
October 23rd, 2009, 20:46
This is intriguing me as well - especially at that price. I looked at the system requirements, and my old-as-the-hills Dimension 4600 meets or exceeds everything except the core-duo processor requirements. Does anyone have any experience with how this will run on an older machine? I've got a 3 GHz single core with 3 GB of RAM, and a 256 MB AGP graphics card (nVidia 7800 GS). Whaddya think?

I'm running it pretty good ( 6 out of a possible 10 ) with a 2.8 dual, 3 GBs of RAM and a 128 card. You should do OK.

LD

Lionheart
October 23rd, 2009, 21:06

I am at 2.9 Ghz and 3 Gigs or RAM also. There are stutters at times, but for some reason, they are not as bad or dont seem as bad as FSX. At times, its glass smooth, and at times, it will stutter.

On my little hp Laptop, its horrible though. Cant play it.

Bill

Lionheart
October 23rd, 2009, 21:58
Where.... (where...) are all the Navigation Satellites? I check everywhere, found most of the gates on the far South East, and still, have found no Nav Sats.

Does anyone know where they might be?

:banghead:

I know.. I could cheat some in, but would rather find them the real way.

Many thanks for any input,

Bill

luckydog
October 23rd, 2009, 22:47
Nav sats not included...................
you have to buy and place them in the sectors of your choice....( I think )

LD

Lionheart
October 23rd, 2009, 23:00
Nav sats not included...................
you have to buy and place them in the sectors of your choice....( I think )

LD

Yep.. Thats true, but I cannot figure out where they hide them at. I could Cheat them into existence, but it would be cool to figure out where they hide at. Sometimes they are at the main Argon Price trade station, sometimes there are a couple of them in other places, like in Teladi space..

Usually all stations are out of them.. have to be really lucky to find some.

Bill

Dain Arns
October 23rd, 2009, 23:24
Demo ran smooth, except for the high poly area, stuttering there.

I loved Privateer and similar games. Looks like I'll give it a go. Thanks for providing all of the info here you have, folks. :guinness:

Craig Taylor
October 24th, 2009, 09:20
Thanks, LD and Lionheart. I'm with Dain - I'll have to chase down the demo to see what I'm getting in to... :applause:

Lionheart
October 25th, 2009, 21:13
Hey guys,

I found a Asteroid that is a Silicon Wafer candidate with a yield of 28. How on Earth (or Argon Prime) does one make the asteroid fascility on it?

I would think I needed to claim the asteroid.

I tried purchasing the Silicon Mining Fascility at the Argon Prime shipyard, but they wouldnt sell it to me as I didnt have a rented TC something freighter, etc, and not enough storage for the kit/package.

Does anyone have knowledge on this they would like to share?

Bill

luckydog
October 25th, 2009, 22:39
Not there yet............

I'm having a hard time establishing a wheat farm !

Lionheart
October 26th, 2009, 08:50
Not there yet............

I'm having a hard time establishing a wheat farm !

Are they good money? I havent hauled wheat yet. No idea on costs and profits. I noticed when I tried making my own station via Cheat list and 'thereshallbewings', that I get a generic base that only makes wheat. I need a Silicon mine, dangit! lol... (maybe wheat is better though).

I just started hauling Silicon Wafers and computer components. There are some good prices in Wafers. If you can pick them up for about 220 to 240 each, you can sell them at over 400, sometimes near 500 each. But reload time for each base to need more is timely. Not like ore where bases (stations) go through it really quick.

I found that missile creation stations pay really nicely for regular ore. Sometimes well over 200 each for ore. That can be great if you have a super freighter. Figure purchasing it for 50 Ea. and selling at say 220 Ea.

Oh... I found where I can get Nav Relay Sats. I was looking at the Free Trade stations. There are Advanced Sat factories and a couple of Nav Relay Sat factories. I didnt know you could buy them factory direct. Usually they are out (like the trade stations) but if you invest in selling the Sat stations their supplies, suddenly they are cranking out Sats. (I could cheat and make sats for all sectors, but wanted to see how its done. Nothing like ejecting and planting my own Sats in systems).

I see that I can make a ship to go from one location to another, purchasing and selling. Its very very basic. In other games, I could set ships to have particular costs and set multi purchases, quantities, price limits, etc. Then I could even make small fleets of these sailing ships. But thats other games... not X3.

I am thinking of creating a Caiman Super Freighter. The long version units look pretty cool. Unfortunately, the Med and the long version have the same names, so this will be pick and miss I think. arrgh..

Bill

Lionheart
October 26th, 2009, 08:53
Hey guys,

So where are your favorite sectors?

I find that I hang out most along the top west, Ceos Buckzoid has become home where I park my fleet (when they park). All the systems just under there and to the left are my fave money making centers. I am trying to expand, now that I can get Relay Sats. No use doing huge Jumps if I do not know what the prices and stocks will be when I get there.

Bill

Lionheart
October 26th, 2009, 19:52
Ok... I found a cool Script for automated ship trading. I am going to check it out now and give you guys feedback if I can figure it out.

The webpage on it is here;
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=221815

The product or script is called; Commodity Logistics Software MK1 and MK2

You can set price limits, various docks, etc.

There is a brilliant tutorial on how it works on the website.

Alot of these guys that create the fixes and scripts are German, so they are pretty intense in clarity and precision and extra functions.

Bill

Lionheart
October 27th, 2009, 10:55
That was a good night of X3.. Wheww.... I think I played 4 to 5 hours.. Took a brake for dinner, lol..

I didnt get a chance to check out that NAV Trade software. Looks promising.

I set up a computer plant station in Argone Prime sector, and built my Asteroid Silicon mine station in Three Worlds sector. I run Energy Cells to both bases, Cahoona's to the Computer plant, transfer Silicon to the Computer Plant, and computers slowly get produced. Very expensive. Perhaps not the way to go. I may have to sell them.

Anyone know how to sell ships? I have too many. arrgh.. Difficult to keep 4 big heavies running freight manually and I still have about 4 or more other birds just sitting.

Side note; Ship yards, where you buy bases at, require you to have a huge cargo ship. I used my new Split Elephant. I had the room them. They load them aboard as kits. Then I went to my asteroid and clicked on Cargo, selected the Silicon mine, it asks 'do you want to build the kit here?' yes... clickie clickie, done... Huge base!

I created my computer plant right near the North jump gate. Just go through and dive straight down, cant miss it. :d No asteroids to bump into.

I lost my fave Split Iguanna Vanguard. It just disappeard. I loved that thing. What a bummer. Cant find it on the list or anything. Totally missing... Must have bumped into an asteroid???

Photo attached; heading to my new computer plant at Argon Prime. Ship is the new Split Super Freighter. Top speed is only 87 M/S, but a good ship. About 10,000 capacity in the cargo bay when fully expanded.

Bill

Dain Arns
October 28th, 2009, 08:41
My copy arrived from GoGamer.com this morning. Wow, pretty thick little manual with it!

I'm probably more of an explorer type, any tips for a noob stepping out into the void?

Snuffy
October 28th, 2009, 09:31
I still prefer to rid the world of evil via the old fashioned means (http://www.ddo.com/playnow/)

Lionheart
October 28th, 2009, 09:38
My copy arrived from GoGamer.com this morning. Wow, pretty thick little manual with it!

I'm probably more of an explorer type, any tips for a noob stepping out into the void?

Hey Dain,

Welcome aboard.

Its pretty overwhelming when you start it for the first time. So much to learn. The first thing you want to do is get the SETA drive (Singularity Engine Time Accellerator or something like that). You purchase it at the local free trade station. Then hit J and you clip along faster to the locations.

Then, when you can afford it (after making some funds), get the Jump Drive.

You will be overwhelmed at discovering all the various new sectors. You need to make money to upgrade your engine so you can shoot through the sectors faster.

Have fun!

Bill

Dain Arns
October 28th, 2009, 10:02
I still prefer to rid the world of evil via the old fashioned means (http://www.ddo.com/playnow/)

DDO is a great game. I was in the first beta a long time ago, and the last one with the free version. The pay as you go is nice, I like the new changes. But for some reason I never could "click" with DDO and keep playing it. Probably too involved with LOTRO at the time.

Hey Dain,

Welcome aboard.

Its pretty overwhelming when you start it for the first time. So much to learn. The first thing you want to do is get the SETA drive (Singularity Engine Time Accellerator or something like that). You purchase it at the local free trade station. Then hit J and you clip along faster to the locations.

Then, when you can afford it (after making some funds), get the Jump Drive.

You will be overwhelmed at discovering all the various new sectors. You need to make money to upgrade your engine so you can shoot through the sectors faster.

Have fun!

Bill

Sorry, Bill. Overwhemling is an understatement. :icon_lol: Wow-Wee!

I like this style of game though, reminds me A LOT of when I was playing in the "Jumpgate" Online beta. Good memories with that old game. Lots to do, need to dig the old Saitek twisty stick for this one. :jump:

Okay back to school... :isadizzy:

Snuffy
October 28th, 2009, 10:44
DDO is a great game. I was in the first beta a long time ago, and the last one with the free version. The pay as you go is nice, I like the new changes. But for some reason I never could "click" with DDO and keep playing it. Probably too involved with LOTRO at the time.

I was in the original beta ... and am considered vip yet. Still have my original member id number. :)

I do have to admit, I've walked away from DDO once or twice, not because I got bored but other things came up. You know how life is.

I'm more or less getting back into it, a little at a time. I still have a full paid membership so all the areas are open to me and its good to see them focus on the solo player more.

With regard to the bolded text in the quote: LOTROnline ... Never tried it how much different is it?

Chacha
October 28th, 2009, 10:53
Sorry, Bill. Overwhemling is an understatement. :icon_lol: Wow-Wee!

I like this style of game though, reminds me A LOT of when I was playing in the "Jumpgate" Online beta. Good memories with that old game. Lots to do, need to dig the old Saitek twisty stick for this one. :jump:

Okay back to school... :isadizzy:

Oh man, this is sooooooooooooooooo huge, it is so huge that it overwhelms my enjoyment........ :bump:

..The next good thing from the very best thing.... sorry, I am tongue tied :jawdrop:

Alright as Dain says, back to school..... :pop4: I will have a great time slacking.... :bump:

Madman
October 28th, 2009, 11:20
Anyone know how to sell ships? I have too many. arrgh.. Difficult to keep 4 big heavies running freight manually and I still have about 4 or more other birds just sitting.

Just tell them to fly to the shipyard. After they land you should have the option to repair or sell them. Don't fly them there yourself though......because then you won't have a ride home. :icon_lol:

Marlin
October 28th, 2009, 12:43
A friendly reminder about repairing your ship. You DO NOT have to pay to get it done, simply get out of your craft and 'shoot' it with your repair laser.

That will save you a TON of cash if you didn't already know.

Madman
October 29th, 2009, 09:07
Excellent point Marlin!!! I'm still playing Reunion so no free repairs for me.

Lionheart
October 29th, 2009, 09:23
Some basic points on flying in this game.

* To save a game in slots 1 through 7, you need to dock at a station. Each time you dock at a station, the game 'auto-saves' in its own auto-save slots. So if you are killed in space and havent saved in a while, you lose all that data and earnings, etc. (Cant backtrack to that one point). Reminds me of Gmax, heh heh...

* Always use 'Autopilot' to dock at stations. You can access the sector map via the > key and then scroll down to the station you wish to dock at, click Enter to access a mini menu on that station, click Info to learn what its selling, etc, then Escape / Enter again to rebring the mini menu back up, and select Autopilot / Dock at station option.

You can use J key (jump drive / SETA engine) to speed it up.

There are tons of things to learn when you fly through a sector, by clicking on the many icons that show next to stations. Money symbols are business opportunities, lights are 'something to learn, etc', green bricks are a building type scenario, and target thing is a assasin job usually. There are sometimes many messages and opportunities on a single station, so though it has one icon showing, it may have multiples available of all types.

If you haul some things for money (like with the Mercury hauler ship), try running Ore for funds. Find a station selling it for 50 credits, and find a location to sell it at for around 145 to well over 200. The missile factories will sometimes need ore and will pay perhaps 260 at times, but rarely. Taladianium factories will always pay 145 for it all day long, so if you want to make some good money, do a number of Taladiadium ore runs and you will bring up some good funds.

Sometimes Silicon Wafers do well, but you can fill up the factories and they do not go through it as fast as ore, so you may wish to fluctuate.

Energy units are good even though they are cheap. Selling a ship load of them will bring in some funds.

Get the Jump Drive from that sector just south of Argon Prime. Go to the huge mining headquarters to purchase the system. Its expensive, but well worth it. You should be able to get SETA Boost there also.

Get all your engines and rudder and cargo bay tuned up and upgraded and maxxed out soon. It really helps. You can really improve the speeds which your ships manuvere at.

When you start getting good at it, start buying Nav Relay Satellites and place them in sectors you wish to monitor prices at. Buy one, fly to a sector, go to the middle of the system where it will be able to be in range of all available stations, and go to Freight/Nav Relay Sat/Jettison Set Quantity/Eject 1, and launch it. Be moving when you do or it comes back into your cargo bay. After that, leave the sector and double click on the sector via the Universe map using the < key. Double click on that, then on a station, and you should see the prices instead of question marks.

See your doctor concerning any addiction reactions. There are some good meds out these days to help with that. Support groups as well.. I may need to start attending one..

Bill

gigabyte
October 29th, 2009, 15:02
Well folks I am back from my road trip, I survived the Nurses (or they survived me, take your pick) and I have to get back into space Asap... Bill thanks so much I found a wonderful surprise when I walked in a nice US Postal Service box... Oh boy Oh Boy, I am exhausted but sleep can wait, I have to load up TC first.

Lionheart
October 29th, 2009, 17:09
Well folks I am back from my road trip, I survived the Nurses (or they survived me, take your pick) and I have to get back into space Asap... Bill thanks so much I found a wonderful surprise when I walked in a nice US Postal Service box... Oh boy Oh Boy, I am exhausted but sleep can wait, I have to load up TC first.

I am thinking we will not hear from Mike for a few days... At least until he runs low on Oxygen, Energy Units, and 'Jet Fuel' (heh).

Happy flying... or warp jumping.. and exploring...

and trading..

and empire building..

and...

Lionheart
October 30th, 2009, 08:45
Hey all,

I didnt know this until the other night. Update 2.5 is out. You can download it here;
http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3tc/patches_en.php

Look for the gold 'download' tab below the top paragraph.

Alot of repairs and things were carried out to the stations.

I had thought the 'Check for Updates' button on the startup mini panel would work for this, collecting updates, but apparently not.

Happy flying!

Bill

Lionheart
October 30th, 2009, 19:08
Question; In Orders/Command Console/Trade/Start Sector Trader Does this mean that the ship automatically goes around doing automatic trading and making funds?

:kilroy:

gigabyte
October 31st, 2009, 03:07
Question; In Orders/Command Console/Trade/Start Sector Trader Does this mean that the ship automatically goes around doing automatic trading and making funds?
:kilroy:

Bill I have to thank you again for finding TC for me, I really appreciate it. I searched everywhere up here and it was nowhere to be found, it is amazing! I did not expect it to be all that much different from Reunion, but I have to say it is a major change there are lots of new sectors to explore and the new ships the Terran sectors are awsome.

I am having a ball exploring, and I finally am able to try some of the Apricot Mapping Service Mods which are excellent. If you have not run across the AMS Mods and scripts I highly recommend them, there is an Alternate Start which gives you a small fleet and a small amount of credits to begin with, a bit better position to start the game. I always found it a nusance when you had to start from scratch in ongoing games like this, I have a huge fleet and a sizable bank account in Reunion so starting from scratch in the latest version even though I have worked so very hard already made it a PITA.

I did notice one major difference fairly quickly, I had never had a problem at Jump gates, getting creamed and blown to space dust if I hung around after a jump - I really see now why you were saying to get out of the way as soon as you exit a gate, that is an understatement I created so much space junk the first few hours it was a virtual Gig's Space Junk yard up there...lol

I am off to start the story line today to see where that takes me, wish me luck, I probably need it...lol

Lionheart
October 31st, 2009, 07:42
Hey Mike,

Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

Yes, hanging around in front of the gate will turn your ship into spare parts fast. I once came through a jump and a giant supership coming through the other side was blown up right next to me. Couldnt believe it.

I also noticed that AI and Auto Pilot ships 'enter' a gate from odd angles along the sides. I finally realised they must be doing that to keep from being hit by incoming ships.

I tried Sector Trading last night (ships are supposed to go out and auto-trade in a chosen sector), but no revenue showed up that was very considerable.. I also finally got Commodity Logistics working, and couldnt really figure it out. I will play around with it again tonight and see if I can get it working better. The ship I had it assigned to just sat at stations. Alot to it...

My aim is to have a bunch of freighters out working the entire NW hemisphere of the Galaxy. Thats the plan.

Later last night, I then explored the Terran system (while the fleet was in Sector trade), and again found no way to dock at Terran stations. I looked for ways to purchase licenses and things that might allow me to dock at Terran stations. Found nothing....

I am surely missing something. What I am hoping 'not' has to happen, is that I do not have to join the story plot to access the Terran sectors.

Yes, the Terran ships and stations are way awesome!!!! I have a Baldric class Terran multi-purpose ship that is BRILLIANT! Carries a ton of cargo and has extreme performances. I send it on remote shipping runs and it reports in as soon as I launch it, lol.. I highly recommend it.

There is a Russian X3 website that has alot of data on the game. I keep going there for information. For instance, in Screenshots / Pictures of Ships, you can track down what ships are what, their performances, pictures, etc. There is also a X3TC map, which I use alot. It is here; http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_screenshots/

Another ship I recommend that is half people hauler and has a small amount of trunk space for Energy Cells is the Split Iguanna Vanguard. After updates and super tune, that thing does well over 1,000 M/S. Great for doing runs through pirate and Xenon sectors.

So.. I wonder how you get into Xenon territories that have no gates? There must be an alternate jump technology to get us in there..

Bill

FengZ
October 31st, 2009, 08:45
i just bought X3: TC from Steam! :) (i actually didn't even know it was sold on Steam...saw it by accident when buying another game today).

It's downloading now...only 10% (this game must be huge...as in Gig wise...the other game i bought, Race On, is almost done downloading...lol)

I do hope i can enjoy this game w/out modding it or adding scripts. FS9 already is enough trouble to keep up to date w/ mods :)

Also, can you get far in this game by "playing bad?" Such as playing a pirate? It seems to be designed more for people who like to play w/ the economical side (i do this enough in real life....want to avoid it when playing a game.haha)

but i guess i'll find out in a few hours...

ps. Tried the looping demo (not playable) earlier while waiting for the d/l....man, the graphics are awesome!

back to youtube watching others play this while i wait...steam is slow today....

bill you should get a commission for getting at least a few people here to buy this game....(never heard of this series until it was mentioned in this thread). Oh, i actually bought the bundle pack (same price as the stand-alone...weird). Thus it also comes with X3: Reunion. Tho i heard Reunion is not as good as TC?

-feng

Lionheart
October 31st, 2009, 11:25
Hey Feng,

Welcome aboard maity! harrr

Yes, there are alot of pirates and you can do the 'bad things' like hauling 'jet fuel' (alcohol). Evidently you cannot haul jet fuel in space, so the space police can get you. (Yes, there are tons of little fighters that run around scanning ships for illegal contraband, so be careful).

I played it for weeks and didnt use the cheats. I had a blast. So no worries there.

Get the SETA drive as soon as possible. Operate by clicking J key. Basically it just speeds up system travel. You can get that at the local free trade station.

When you first start exploring, you will be freaked out.. The amount of planets is messmerizing.. You will be a jump-gate-finder-addict for a while. A small hint on finding jump gates that are hiding; Go through a jump gate, and head straight to the next side of the system. Sometimes they face each other, so you can find opposite sides faster (if it has a gate on the other side).

Save your game at stations. No other way...

Have fun!

Bill

Lionheart
October 31st, 2009, 11:59
Also, can you get far in this game by "playing bad?" Such as playing a pirate? It seems to be designed more for people who like to play w/ the economical side (i do this enough in real life....want to avoid it when playing a game.haha)

-feng

Some of the other things you can play in the game is military and or Exploration. With the Military, it can get pretty wild. You can set up Wingman ships, drones, you can board ships, have marine boarding parties. You can select which bases to target and extinguish. (Some are pretty resiliant). Tons of diff things to do...

Bill

luckydog
October 31st, 2009, 13:40
The gate / collision problem is a real pain. Not only do you lose ships but your reputation in that sector can be ruined......just because some idiot ran into you.
To ease that problem, I went ahead and turned on the "Unlimited Salvage Insurance" cheat. This allows you to save a game anytime, anyplace. You don't have to dock at a station.
Now I just save the game right before I go thru a gate.

gigabyte
October 31st, 2009, 16:56
Oh Bill, I am enjoying this soo much, I really like X3 Reunion, it is an excellent game and this is a supurb addition to the X-Universe. I did resort to the Appricot Mod right off the start with this one, it is such a PITA starting from scratch when I had done so much work in Reunion, at least I have a few decent ships and some credits to work with doing it this way.

Regarding the Terran stations, it appears to me that you need to build your reputation with the terrans to get docking privilages. The only way I can see to do that is to do some missions for them and build up the rep, if you contact one of the stations that has the light bulb around it there will be someone on the station to talk to and take a job from, you have to complete a few I would expect, but that should do it.

I am now going back to reconfig my stick and game pad, I am having real problems with the throttle on the X52 and it is driving me nuts...

Oh and Feng the game is just under 8 gig, and make sure you get the 2.5 update, if it is not included in the download it adds some nice stuff.

Dain Arns
October 31st, 2009, 17:01
Some of the other things you can play in the game is military and or Exploration. With the Military, it can get pretty wild. You can set up Wingman ships, drones, you can board ships, have marine boarding parties. You can select which bases to target and extinguish. (Some are pretty resiliant). Tons of diff things to do...

Bill

This seems to be the current path I'm on. Not a moneymaker like you folks, (unless you are scanning ships for Space Fuel), but pretty fun. :cost1:

luckydog
October 31st, 2009, 17:02
[QUOTE=gigabyte;281423]
Regarding the Terran stations, it appears to me that you need to build your reputation with the terrans to get docking privilages. The only way I can see to do that is to do some missions for them and build up the rep,QUOTE]

Yep............. 2 or 3 easy fighter missions will do it.

Lionheart
October 31st, 2009, 17:11
[QUOTE=gigabyte;281423]
Regarding the Terran stations, it appears to me that you need to build your reputation with the terrans to get docking privilages. The only way I can see to do that is to do some missions for them and build up the rep,QUOTE]

Yep............. 2 or 3 easy fighter missions will do it.

Cool! Many thanks.. I have been going crazy wondering whats on those stations, lol..

Bill

Lionheart
November 1st, 2009, 13:09
Anything cool happen with anyone last night in the deep reaches of Argon, the Terran sector, Taladi Prime, or any other interesting star systems?

I tried doing some things with the Terrans. Messed up both times. arrgh.. Not allowed to dock yet.

I did find the Mars gate though and zipped through their system as they were going to open fire on me for not being 'allowed' in that sector.. :d Thankfully, the Iguanna is about as fast as the Falcon!

Bill

FengZ
November 1st, 2009, 15:52
believe it or not, steam is still downloading it!! A lot of new games were released last week (borderlands, torchlight, etc), so the steam servers are packed! I've never seen d/l speeds so slow.

good thing is, it's at 96%...yeah..so i'm gonna play it tonight after work (and it's already the 2.5 version) :jump:

been playing the other stuff i bought off of steam tho. Race On + GTR Evolution is awesome! Great racing game! Also got Borderlands...pretty fun game.....it's like an arcade and cartoony version of Fallout 3....

-feng

gigabyte
November 1st, 2009, 19:36
Anything cool happen with anyone last night in the deep reaches of Argon, the Terran sector, Taladi Prime, or any other interesting star systems?

I tried doing some things with the Terrans. Messed up both times. arrgh.. Not allowed to dock yet.

I did find the Mars gate though and zipped through their system as they were going to open fire on me for not being 'allowed' in that sector.. :d Thankfully, the Iguanna is about as fast as the Falcon!

Bill

Bill I have logged 27.5 hours so far and having a ball, I am doing quite well with the Terrans, I joined up with the story line in Omicron Lyrae, the first couple of missions are very easy. Once you complete the first mission you get docking permission in most of the terran space, after about the 3rd you get access to the rest as far as I can tell (I have not been to all the terran sectors yet). I will tell you one thing the terran's pay well many missions are 100-200K with the kill bonuses, and I am finding numerous abandonded ships to claim and sell which adds to the profit nicely. I just picked up a carrier with the profit from the last 5 missions, some of the ships I sold brought in good profit.. Oh here is a good tip, if you find and claim a ship when you take it to resell, if it need repairs do that before you sell it, I just sold a Luxry people transport, it needed 3800 worth of repairs, I decided to see what difference it would make and after I repaired the thing the credits I got for the sale doubled, froom 124K to over 250K, that seems a little out of balance but I am not complaining.

I really need sleep now, this thing is addictive, and I have to work in the AM... I hate it when that happens...

Lionheart
November 1st, 2009, 20:21
Bill I have logged 27.5 hours so far and having a ball, I am doing quite well with the Terrans, I joined up with the story line in Omicron Lyrae, the first couple of missions are very easy. Once you complete the first mission you get docking permission in most of the terran space, after about the 3rd you get access to the rest as far as I can tell (I have not been to all the terran sectors yet). I will tell you one thing the terran's pay well many missions are 100-200K with the kill bonuses, and I am finding numerous abandonded ships to claim and sell which adds to the profit nicely. I just picked up a carrier with the profit from the last 5 missions, some of the ships I sold brought in good profit.. Oh here is a good tip, if you find and claim a ship when you take it to resell, if it need repairs do that before you sell it, I just sold a Luxry people transport, it needed 3800 worth of repairs, I decided to see what difference it would make and after I repaired the thing the credits I got for the sale doubled, froom 124K to over 250K, that seems a little out of balance but I am not complaining.

I really need sleep now, this thing is addictive, and I have to work in the AM... I hate it when that happens...

Thanks Mike for the advice. I will certainly check that out. Only makes sense to soup up the ship for sale, just like a used car.

I tried 2 runs with the Terrans and Ive been blown up by the erm... 'Kah ahk' lol..
oh well.

Bill

Lionheart
November 2nd, 2009, 07:34
I think what I'll do tonight is load up on some missles and go out and blow up some asteroids as target practice. I get flustered in a furball. Not totally familiar with the battle systems..

Bill

Lionheart
November 2nd, 2009, 07:37
I had some fun last night. I was in the Terran sectors, doing little jobs. One was following a guy that was sneaking confidential data off to a secret base. I would follow him through jump gates, then go hide and watch from within Terran stations. I would carefully fly up into a structure and park the craft near the hull of a giant super station, hidden down in between modules.

Was pretty cool idling around in and around these huge structures.

So much dang detail its incredible... I wonder how long it took these guys to make all of this stuff in this game???

Bill

Dain Arns
November 2nd, 2009, 08:33
I had some fun last night. I was in the Terran sectors, doing little jobs. One was following a guy that was sneaking confidential data off to a secret base. I would follow him through jump gates, then go hide and watch from within Terran stations. I would carefully fly up into a structure and park the craft near the hull of a giant super station, hidden down in between modules.

Was pretty cool idling around in and around these huge structures.

So much dang detail its incredible... I wonder how long it took these guys to make all of this stuff in this game???

Bill

That's what I've been doing, although lately I'm getting the feeling Pirates don't like me much anymore. :icon_lol:

Yeah it really is incredible. There is no reason for someone to get bored with this. I can easily switch careers and become a miner, or merchant...

Lionheart
November 2nd, 2009, 09:37
There is no reason for someone to get bored with this. I can easily switch careers and become a miner, or merchant...

Yep. On my off nights, if I dont feel like trading, I just jump out to a far sector and then start looking for missed gates. I love the exploring part...

Bill

gigabyte
November 2nd, 2009, 13:30
Yep. On my off nights, if I dont feel like trading, I just jump out to a far sector and then start looking for missed gates. I love the exploring part...
Bill

Bill I think this is where we started...lol as I recall when you started this thread my first reply was about restarting an exploring career. I have explored every sector in the X3 Reunion version at least once, and I am working on Terran Conflict now. I have always found it enjoyable to just poke around, and when I am in the mood for excitment or need some credits I stop and pick up a mission or two. I have to say this is right up there with Flight Sim in playability you can play almost any style you like and the possibilities are limitless.

My all time fav space sim/game is the Wing Commander / Privateer series, they set a very high standard in their day with graphics and FMV and a story line plot that changed the outcome depending on your success with various tasks. I think X3 is about to become my new Fav Space Sim, the only thing I can see missing is you can't take your accomplishments from version to version, like you could with WC 1, 2 & 3, and Privateer, it is a real PITA starting from scratch, but a nice challange none the less.

I am goign to start mining a few asteroids tonight, I claimed an abandoned Mining support ship last night so I am putting the mobile drilling laser on the personal ship and I am off to blow up some rocks, it looks like there is profit in them thar asteroids...

Lionheart
November 2nd, 2009, 13:57
Hey Mike,

Roger that...

So how did you find this ship? Is there a way to detect ships that arent manned or arent moving?

I guess they will be parked, etc, non-moving. There is a bio-scanner upgrade. I guess you might scan them to see if they have a pilot in there, eh?

You guys are finding a ton of ships, lolol.. I have only found like 2. arrgh..

Bill

gigabyte
November 2nd, 2009, 14:29
Hey Mike,
So how did you find this ship? Is there a way to detect ships that arent manned or arent moving?

I guess they will be parked, etc, non-moving. There is a bio-scanner upgrade. I guess you might scan them to see if they have a pilot in there, eh?

You guys are finding a ton of ships, lolol.. I have only found like 2. arrgh..
Bill

I should have mentioned this before, it is fairly easy to find abandoned ships (a triplex scanner helps a great deal) just bring up the sector map and look at the ships, any ship that does not have a race name at the beginning is abandoned. You will quickly see the active ships in the list Agron Buster, Pirate Harrier Raider etc, if you see just Harrier raider or Buster, lock it up as a target and go claim it. When I am not on a timed mission I always try to do a quick run around a system and check the ships list to see what goodies I can find.

luckydog
November 2nd, 2009, 15:10
I should have mentioned this before, it is fairly easy to find abandoned ships (a triplex scanner helps a great deal) just bring up the sector map and look at the ships, any ship that does not have a race name at the beginning is abandoned. You will quickly see the active ships in the list Agron Buster, Pirate Harrier Raider etc, if you see just Harrier raider or Buster, lock it up as a target and go claim it. When I am not on a timed mission I always try to do a quick run around a system and check the ships list to see what goodies I can find.

I use the same trick to find abandoned freight ( they show up as little rectangles on the map ).

Lionheart
November 2nd, 2009, 15:32
Dang!!!!!

Thanks guys...

Off to try that.

Tonight! I am junk collector!!!

FengZ
November 2nd, 2009, 18:03
I finally got this game installed and took a quick spin/tour of it last night. You guys aren't kidding about the scope of this "game." Wow, it's massive...

this is definitely not a "weeknight" type of game...lol. I better find some time this weekend to dive into it...

btw, i couldn't find that engine you were talking about Bill. The one where you press J to go faster? Right now, im in some training fighter and i move super slow (490km/hr?).... it takes forever just to reach stations orbiting around Pluto (i think im around pluto).... i docked to the station and browsed the trading merchants...they were only selling weapons and a bunch of stuff which i have no clue what they do..... this game is seriously hardcore....in a good way

-feng

luckydog
November 2nd, 2009, 18:29
I finally got this game installed and took a quick spin/tour of it last night. You guys aren't kidding about the scope of this "game." Wow, it's massive...

this is definitely not a "weeknight" type of game...lol. I better find some time this weekend to dive into it...

btw, i couldn't find that engine you were talking about Bill. The one where you press J to go faster? Right now, im in some training fighter and i move super slow (490km/hr?).... it takes forever just to reach stations orbiting around Pluto (i think im around pluto).... i docked to the station and browsed the trading merchants...they were only selling weapons and a bunch of stuff which i have no clue what they do..... this game is seriously hardcore....in a good way

-feng

Howdy Feng !! Welcome.......

If you are in the Pluto sector, dock at the Orbital Patrol Base/ Equipment Dock. The "singularity engine time accelerator" runs about $250.
Also get "engine tuning" and "rudder optimization".
490km/hr. isn't bad....the "SETA" will help a lot !!

Lionheart
November 2nd, 2009, 18:58
LD's on it. The SETA is the engine.. Once you have it, just hit J.

You can find them on the Argon Free Trade Stations down south of there. When you engage the engine, its much faster crossing Sectors. Takes FOREVER to cross a sector otherwise.. I was stuck like that for several days, lol.. Talk about getting a person full of anxiety, lol..

Right now, I have a Iguanna Vanguard that does over 2,000 M/S normal speed. When I hit J key, it practically folds space. The jump gate leaps up at me in about 1 second. Great stuff..

Bill

FengZ
November 2nd, 2009, 19:28
LD's on it. The SETA is the engine.. Once you have it, just hit J.

You can find them on the Argon Free Trade Stations down south of there. When you engage the engine, its much faster crossing Sectors. Takes FOREVER to cross a sector otherwise.. I was stuck like that for several days, lol.. Talk about getting a person full of anxiety, lol..

Right now, I have a Iguanna Vanguard that does over 2,000 M/S normal speed. When I hit J key, it practically folds space. The jump gate leaps up at me in about 1 second. Great stuff..

Bill

thanks for the tips guys! I'll buy the stuff tonight....moving faster will definitely help. During the tutorial, the dood was dropping crates so far from me, it took 3-5min just to reach it at full speed. :)

The graphics are pretty sweet in this game. I'm running at 1920x1200 and it's gorgeous....tho all that spinning is starting to get me motion sick. I have to FOV set to 70...is there anyway to decrease this further w/ a hack? For 1920x1200...i usually like the FOV to be around 50-60....otherwise the distortion around the corners gets me sick....

-feng

Craig Taylor
November 3rd, 2009, 07:57
Hey, y'all,

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on this but am not sure which edition to buy. I've seen X3 2.0, another that says it includes the "Aldrin missions," and a "gold" version that also has something called "Reunion." Prices seem to vary, with "gold" version running between $34.99 and $39.99. Which one do I want?

I so want to join the space race! :ernae:

Dain Arns
November 3rd, 2009, 09:16
X3 2.0

You can save some money here:

http://www.gogamer.com/X3--Terran-Conflict-2-0-w--Aldrin-Missions-for-PC-Front-Page_stcVVproductId66164030VVcatId444710VVviewprod .htm

Lately they have been having special 24Hr sales on this for half that price on the GoGamer website. Keep checking unless you really want it right away. GoGamer was good to deal with, in my experience. :kilroy:

Craig Taylor
November 3rd, 2009, 10:02
Dain,

Thanks. I've seen Amazon carrying a special from gogamer. I'll order it today!

Lionheart
November 3rd, 2009, 10:35
Basically X3TC 2.0 is the same as 2.5, already has the Aldrin missions. When you get it, locate the 2.5 update at Egosoft.com and install that.

I do not see why to go to X3 Reunion except for the missions, in which case you would want to get that first, play all the way through it, then get X3TC and start playing that.

I see that Mosquito missles do absolutely nothing to Xenon raiders.. I pegged two last night about 10 times each with Mosquito missles and 'nadda.. ' Not a thing happened.. Wooooot tha..?

Must be good armour..

Bill

gigabyte
November 3rd, 2009, 17:41
Hey, y'all,

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on this but am not sure which edition to buy. I've seen X3 2.0, another that says it includes the "Aldrin missions," and a "gold" version that also has something called "Reunion." Prices seem to vary, with "gold" version running between $34.99 and $39.99. Which one do I want?

I so want to join the space race! :ernae:

Craig, if you have not ordered yet, the X3-Gold is the best version for the buck, it is a compliation of X3 Reunion, and X3 Terran Conflict, so you get both. There is also an X-Gold edidtion which is the very first version so be careful (I doubt it is around anywhere now tho) X3Gold is hard to find (here in Canada anyway) it is sold out on the Ergosoft site and I cna't find it in any retail shops. You may have some luck in the US, but I was not even able to order it shipped to Canada from GoGamer. I do have to pass along another big THANKS to Mr Bill Lionheart for finding me a copy of Terran Conflict and posting here to the great white north.

I have played X2, X3 Reunion, and Now X3 Terran Conflict, the game play is very simular in all 3 and the graphics are excellent in all. The biggest difference with Terran Conflict is the change to the user interface, it is upgraded somewhat and it took me a little while to get used to the changes, but overall the "WOW" factor is about the same in Reunion and Terran Conflict. The other big difference between the 2 is the additional Terran Sectors, they do add 30 sectors to the game and a significant number of new ships, weapons and missions.

As far as the Version 2.0 goes, don't worrry about that, regardless of which box set you get, the updates are free and you can update stright from the Ergosoft site, the full uppgrade from 1.3 to 2.5 (that is 3 seperate updates) is about 220meg, some game enhancments in these but mostly bug fixes and the real big one is ver 2.5 removes the starforce copy protection LEGALLY right from the producer.

Regardless which version you end up with I am sure you will be amazed it is one awsome game/sim/alternate reality... just make sure you set aside time to get into it FengZ is right it is not a weeknighter, but a short hop nightly is always a nice diversion from reality...lol

Good luck out there - Live Long and Prosper...

BTW I am working on the Wing Comander Ship Mod now, I am having trouble with the carriers but I hope to sort that out while the wife is away this weekend.

gigabyte
November 3rd, 2009, 17:51
I see that Mosquito missles do absolutely nothing to Xenon raiders.. I pegged two last night about 10 times each with Mosquito missles and 'nadda.. ' Not a thing happened.. Wooooot tha..?

Must be good armour..
Bill

Bill have you checked out the Apricot Mapping Service mods and guides (http://apricotmappingservice.com/) the site has tons of great tips tricks and general guides on the game, including some spoilers and some excellent Mods. I love the "Apricot Mapping Service Mod Ver 2.0" it gives you an alternate start to the game and a little better equipment than the default, kind of a spoiler because you do not have to work as hard but if you were like me and had worked your way up in a previous version it makes things the way they should be.

If you don't want to use the spoiler the guides are still very useful they explain much better things like the ship extentions and how to use them - think sector auto traiding. There are also numerous cheat scripts but that is up to you to use then or not.

The guy who put that site together has done an excellent job, kind of like some FS Developers we all know.

Chacha
November 3rd, 2009, 17:56
I think I am at a loss here...

I don't seem to see what you all see, is there something especial I need to do? I am using a 62 inc TV for my screen and I am feeling I want to throw up after a while...

There are a lot of things I see that I can go, is there a specific door way to go that route... It is scary out here and I am on space alone... I don't seem to see anyone yet... Just flying across a planet right now, but I couldn't seem to land, looks like it is unreachable (?)

I need a lot of studying... this is a real HUGE game....:isadizzy::isadizzy:

(I think I need Hannah's help)

gigabyte
November 3rd, 2009, 18:21
I think I am at a loss here...

I don't seem to see what you all see, is there something especial I need to do? I am using a 62 inc TV for my screen and I am feeling I want to throw up after a while...

There are a lot of things I see that I can go, is there a specific door way to go that route... It is scary out here and I am on space alone... I don't seem to see anyone yet... Just flying across a planet right now, but I couldn't seem to land, looks like it is unreachable (?)

I need a lot of studying... this is a real HUGE game....:isadizzy::isadizzy:

(I think I need Hannah's help)

I wish I had a 62" screen to play this on, but then I would never get any work done...lol

Chacha, what is your resolution set to? Most HD TV screens are 1080 I suspect you may lose some detail compared to what I get at 1920 x 1200, but you should see stations and ships, there are very few empty sectors and none near the start point. The planets are unreachable you dock at staations in space and carriers when you can afford them.

You may need to adjust the video option in the game to get full details, give that a try and if it does nothing let me know what resolution you are using and I will knock my game back and see what it looks like, then I can tell if you are missing anything. I will say this is a game that looks best in very high res.

Craig Taylor
November 4th, 2009, 06:33
I saw it online via Amazon from Target, so I stopped by there on the way home. Not physically in stores! :173go1: So, I pulled the trigger last night on X3 2.0 from gogamer, through Amazon. Good price - $17.99 plus 5.95 S&H. I've seen multiple versions of something called Reunion - one for just under $10, and one for as much as $39.99. I'm sure it will be sorted by Christmas so I can wait on that one, I think.

Mobayrasta
November 4th, 2009, 08:13
http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=86275413&extid=Nov0309 Go Gamer has X3 Gold on sale 29.99

Craig Taylor
November 4th, 2009, 09:03
http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=86275413&extid=Nov0309 Go Gamer has X3 Gold on sale 29.99

It wasn't yesterday. Figures. No worries, though. From what I'm reading here, X3 should occupy me for quite a while, and by the time I'm tired of it I expect Reunion 2.0 will be in the bargain bin. :icon_lol:

Dain Arns
November 4th, 2009, 09:04

This has been really fun for me lately. Great tip. I also do the "lost" ship runs for cash. Find, repair, send the ship on AP back to the owner and wait for the message you have cash. That and I'll run a Base Defense missions. No need to travel usually, wait for the baddies to pop. During the fight, it seems like if you Comm the pilot and advise them to Surrender! when their ship is taking damage, sometimes they eject and leave the ship. Maybe that's just random. Remember to always clean up after any fight if you can.

Bill, you mentioned being a junk collector in a previous post as well. Guess thats what I turned out to be in X3:TC LOL! :icon_lol:

Dain Arns
November 4th, 2009, 09:05
It wasn't yesterday. Figures. No worries, though. From what I'm reading here, X3 should occupy me for quite a while, and by the time I'm tired of it I expect Reunion 2.0 will be in the bargain bin. :icon_lol:

Unfortunately it kept me occupied until about 5 a.m. this morning. :isadizzy: :173go1::isadizzy:

Lionheart
November 4th, 2009, 09:09
I did a number of missions last night for the Terrans and we were asked to dock at the Space Logistics station. I couldnt dock, lol.. Its definately a ID 'something' on my Split Iguanna Vanguard ship. If I was in an Argon or Terran craft, I am sure I could have docked. I wonder what in the world setting I need to get permissions to dock in the Terran sectors? arrgh..

I got a load of various types of missles last night and went hunting for Xenon and pirate raiders. Found some. :d

Dang pirates got me one time. arrgh.. When it goes to that famous rear shot exterior view, you know its time to eject..

Bill

Craig Taylor
November 4th, 2009, 09:11
Unfortunately it kept me occupied until about 5 a.m. this morning. :isadizzy: :173go1::isadizzy:

Yeah...that's what I'm afraid of, too. :ernae:

Lionheart
November 4th, 2009, 09:17

LOLOLOL..

GOODNESS MAN!!!

Must have self control..

Lionheart
November 4th, 2009, 09:19
During the fight, it seems like if you Comm the pilot and advise them to Surrender! when their ship is taking damage, sometimes they eject and leave the ship. Maybe that's just random. Remember to always clean up after any fight if you can.

I'll keep that in mind.. Good to know.

Dain Arns
November 4th, 2009, 09:39
LOLOLOL..

GOODNESS MAN!!!

Must have self control..

Well, I blame the SETA drive...

I remember looking at the clock and it was 11p.m. I thought, "I have enough time to run around a bit more." Next thing I felt really tired and the clock said 4:57a.m. However, I have always found that to be the sign of a really great game. :d

I'll keep that in mind.. Good to know.

Out of my last fight with 7 pirates, 2 gave up their ships. :173go1:

gigabyte
November 4th, 2009, 10:33
Well, I blame the SETA drive...

I remember looking at the clock and it was 11p.m. I thought, "I have enough time to run around a bit more." Next thing I felt really tired and the clock said 4:57a.m. However, I have always found that to be the sign of a really great game. :d
Out of my last fight with 7 pirates, 2 gave up their ships. :173go1:

Dain you have discovered a method of Capping (on the X3 forum they call Capturing a Ship Capping), I have done it a few times but it is a random event, apparently it can happen from 1-5 fights to 1-50 no way to predict. The clue that requesting a surrender will make the pilot bail is you will see the square around his ship go from Red to Blue, then order him off or blow him away. Apparently the trick is to get his hull below 85% then you have a chance at a Capture. I guess you can capture some of the Capitol ships as well, not the M1's but some of them, I have not tried but that would be a sweet trophy...lol

BTW I have the bug bad for this version I was up until 2:00 AM, then I went to bed, I woke at 5:00 thinking about how to get my fleet past a Xenon sector and came down to plan the route... 3 hours sleep, if the wife finds out I am in deep $hit again...lol

Chacha
November 4th, 2009, 10:39
Hey Mike,

Check your PM, please... Thanks...

Eli

Dain Arns
November 4th, 2009, 11:51
Dain you have discovered a method of Capping (on the X3 forum they call Capturing a Ship Capping), I have done it a few times but it is a random event, apparently it can happen from 1-5 fights to 1-50 no way to predict. The clue that requesting a surrender will make the pilot bail is you will see the square around his ship go from Red to Blue, then order him off or blow him away. Apparently the trick is to get his hull below 85% then you have a chance at a Capture. I guess you can capture some of the Capitol ships as well, not the M1's but some of them, I have not tried but that would be a sweet trophy...lol ...

Hmmm, okay, I wondered. Here lately I've been able to get them to bail, but it seems like only certain races. Splits never seem to surrender. I usually Comm them right after targetting and before firing. Then sometimes I'll do it again after their shields are down and taken some damage. I notice they seem to bail in the 25-50% range of "Health" for the ship. I'm putting together a fighter wing right now. LOL. :icon_lol:

Dain Arns
November 5th, 2009, 09:27
Arrrgh! I had about 500k in credits built up, now all my money is gone, except for what I just got as a reward! Anyone seen this bug?

gigabyte
November 5th, 2009, 10:30
Arrrgh! I had about 500k in credits built up, now all my money is gone, except for what I just got as a reward! Anyone seen this bug?

I have not come across that one, were the credits gone at the beginning of a save game or did you change ships before you went on the hunt? The is a way you can assign credits to specific ships like freighters doing cargo runs, if you did that and the ship was distroyed that would deplete your account prettry quick. Or you may just find you left you wallet so to speak on the last ship you were on, switch back if you still have it and see what the bank looks like.

Dain Arns
November 5th, 2009, 11:08
I have not come across that one, were the credits gone at the beginning of a save game or did you change ships before you went on the hunt? The is a way you can assign credits to specific ships like freighters doing cargo runs, if you did that and the ship was distroyed that would deplete your account prettry quick. Or you may just find you left you wallet so to speak on the last ship you were on, switch back if you still have it and see what the bank looks like.

Hmmm, wonder if I inadvertently did that. I think I had jumped into one of the Rapiers I was using for my wing. That got destroyed later on, which was weird. It just seemed to vanish, wasn't even in combat, but no longer on my property screen. :kilroy:

I had a Xenon L that I was holding onto, was thinking of using it eventually as a support craft. I sold it for about 600k, so all is good. :wavey:

Lionheart
November 5th, 2009, 11:29
Hmmm, wonder if I inadvertently did that. I think I had jumped into one of the Rapiers I was using for my wing. That got destroyed later on, which was weird. It just seemed to vanish, wasn't even in combat, but no longer on my property screen. :kilroy:

I had a Xenon L that I was holding onto, was thinking of using it eventually as a support craft. I sold it for about 600k, so all is good. :wavey:

YOU HAD YOUR OWN XENON CRAFT??????

Thats like owning a UFO, lol.. Goodness man..

I think Mike is right. You can have a particular ship 'holding' your funds. It may have been your main ship and your others didnt have your name transfered to them yet and perhaps the system uses your main ship (or a ship) that is yours as your 'money' attachment, like a credit card.

I had two ships 'disappear'.. No word.. I hate that. I can only figure it ran into a asteroid or hit in Jump Ring traffic.

Speaking of that. My huge Split Elephant super freighter yesterday was supposed to dock at the Teladi equipment dock. I waited like 15 or 20 min's. It was in the same sector. I undocked, backed off from the station, and turned around, and there is the Elephant, slowly making this odd wierd manuvere, over and over again. (Its huge, so each manuver takes a while, but I spead it up in SETA mode). Turns out, a huge asteroid near the Equipment Dock was in its flight pattern. Its avoidence system kept sending it in a docking miss loop, lol.. arrgh.. Had to pick a new place to dock it at.

Anyone know how to do trading in a super freighter? I have 6 freight drones on it, and a transporter, and cannot figure out how to pick up things like Energy Cells from a Solar Plant fascility, etc. How does one do it? I tried sending out the drones via the 'R' (properties) ship list, and didnt see them. Though it has a huge bay for ships (drones), you cannot seem to send them out on assignments.

This thing is so huge, its funny, lol.... Not as big as a Tokyo M1 class Carrier..

I figured out what the Tokyo looks like. Its a gun that Syd Mead made for either Blade Runner or 2010. I am pretty sure its a Blade Runner weapon though, its shape turned into a huge, odd looking assymetrical super carrier..

Bill

Lionheart
November 5th, 2009, 11:31
By the way, you can assign ships to be in your left and right monitors, right? Well, did you know you can bring them up to a larger size (click on the lower corner button) and its zoomed. Now, with it selected, you can use your Num Pad keys to look around and zoom in on it even more, lol.. Pretty nice. Click back on your normal screen to resume NumPad key operations. Click the corner of the monitor again to resize it back to small..

Bill

gigabyte
November 5th, 2009, 13:55

Dain, you can easily tell what happened to any ship you controlled, just bring up the Personal Log, if a ship has been destroyed the message will be there. They go something like "Your Rapier was destroyed in Saturn by Terran Equipment Dock" - yes that is accurate friendly stations will destroy your craft, well not by hostile means, it's more like the AI on any ship left to it's own devices for a time has a "Nav Brain Fart" and they crash into things like Equipment Docks, Asteroids, and other misc large objects, then "Poof Space Dust". I learned early on do not leave ships to them selves, or tell them to Idle, if they are near something they get into trouble, I always try to get any ships I have following me into a Wing and command the Wing to Dock or Patrol BEFORE I dock or leave for a short adventure. They are just like bad kids can't stay out of trouble.

Oh and Bill I ran into the same thing with one of my big transports last night, it would not dock and then there was a traffic jam at the gate and it would not go through on Auto Pilot, I had to bean over and take the thing through then bring my gunship in behind me - AFTER I got out of the way... There are limits to the AI in some cases it might be better called AD - Artifically Dumb, just like in real life I have several AD Users in my branches and I am always amazed at how they do the things they do... A very smart man once said "Ya can't fix Stupid Son, so don't waste time trying"

:guinness:

gigabyte
November 5th, 2009, 13:57
By the way, you can assign ships to be in your left and right monitors, right? Well, did you know you can bring them up to a larger size (click on the lower corner button) and its zoomed. Now, with it selected, you can use your Num Pad keys to look around and zoom in on it even more, lol.. Pretty nice. Click back on your normal screen to resume NumPad key operations. Click the corner of the monitor again to resize it back to small..

Bill

Thanks Bill I had forgotten all about that, I used to do it in Reunion and I have not even tried in TC, I use the monitors all the time but I just leave them up in the corners.

Lionheart
November 5th, 2009, 14:03
I learned early on do not leave ships to them selves, or tell them to Idle, if they are near something they get into trouble, I always try to get any ships I have following me into a Wing and command the Wing to Dock or Patrol BEFORE I dock or leave for a short adventure. They are just like bad kids can't stay out of trouble.

Gigabyte

Eeeks... I just left my Tokyo in park orbit near a giant asteroid in idle mode. arrghh.. It better be there when I get back. I was worried about leaving it parked at various docks, but I guess that isnt the case.

If I find out anything about transferring cargo, I'll let you know.

I had read somewhere on one of the sites, that you have to pull up really close to the docking area's of a station to run the Transporter in conducting trade. But I do not see the label or command flag for the Transporter. I'll keep experimenting.

Bill

gigabyte
November 5th, 2009, 14:08
Eeeks... I just left my Tokyo in park orbit near a giant asteroid in idle mode. arrghh.. It better be there when I get back. I was worried about leaving it parked at various docks, but I guess that isnt the case.

If I find out anything about transferring cargo, I'll let you know.

I had read somewhere on one of the sites, that you have to pull up really close to the docking area's of a station to run the Transporter in conducting trade. But I do not see the label or command flag for the Transporter. I'll keep experimenting.
Bill

Bill make sure you have all the Trading Extenions and software, some of the extra commands only appear if you have Mk2 or Mk3 Trading software that might be why you do not see the command. If you have the software on another ship just get the Super Freighter and the other ship to dock at a Ship yard and do a Freight Exchange between ships, that is if you can't find the software for sale close by.

Lionheart
November 5th, 2009, 14:10
Bill make sure you have all the Trading Extenions and software, some of the extra commands only appear if you have Mk2 or Mk3 Trading software that might be why you do not see the command. If you have the software on another ship just get the Super Freighter and the other ship to dock at a Ship yard and do a Freight Exchange between ships, that is if you can't find the software for sale close by.

Ahhhh....!

Roger that!

Thanks Mike.

Bill

Dain Arns
November 5th, 2009, 14:33
Gig, that's exactly what it did, it crashed into an Orbital Patrol Base I was asked it to dock with. I still have no idea about the missing cash yet.

Bill, I just missed out on one of the bigger Pirate Escort class ones, I saw it turn blue, but I had already pulled the trigger. Argh again. I think the key is to not immediately blast everything to pieces, but stop hitting it and see if it will give up under 25% remaining hull.

gigabyte
November 6th, 2009, 14:34
Gig, that's exactly what it did, it crashed into an Orbital Patrol Base I was asked it to dock with. I still have no idea about the missing cash yet.

Bill, I just missed out on one of the bigger Pirate Escort class ones, I saw it turn blue, but I had already pulled the trigger. Argh again. I think the key is to not immediately blast everything to pieces, but stop hitting it and see if it will give up under 25% remaining hull.

The way I do this is to set up my guns with the everything active - full blast in group 1, then I have just 2 lower power guns in group 2, when I see the shields are down I switch to group 2, the hull will drop much faster than shields so by using just two guns you have a little bit of control, and you can judge it better. I was successful in capping a "Pirate Bearclaw Prototype" last night, I have it on the way to a shipyard now and when I get it to safety I plan to repair it and see what it performs like. It was fairly easy to cap so I am not sure if it was a lack of skill by the AI Pirate or if the thing is not a great prize - stay tuned.

Chacha
November 6th, 2009, 14:59
I have to confess,

I became an illegal trader of Space Fuel.... Dang! I wonder how? I was blinded by the huge profit.... I was so guilty I want the local police catch me, but they would not.... man, how will I straighten my act?

It was good it was just a game.... will I surrender to local authorities? :icon_lol:

Craig Taylor
November 6th, 2009, 16:48
"We're off to outer space, we're leaving Mother Earth, to save the human race..."

Mine arrived today! I can't wait to install and see what all the fuss is about.

Lionheart
November 6th, 2009, 17:37
I have to confess,

I became an illegal trader of Space Fuel.... Dang! I wonder how? I was blinded by the huge profit.... I was so guilty I want the local police catch me, but they would not.... man, how will I straighten my act?

It was good it was just a game.... will I surrender to local authorities? :icon_lol:

lololol...

ChaCha.. One of the things about being a Christian is being able to forgive yourself as well... Dust yourself off, get back in your ship, and set your sights on the 'new' horizon.

Bill

Craig Taylor
November 6th, 2009, 20:00
OK - I installed, got everything registered, and tried to run the tutorial. I picked "Humble Trader" to start since it said it wasn't too difficult. Everything was fine up until it asked me to fire at something during "combat runs." Turns out my ship isn't even equipped with weapons! Doh! OK, fine - my question is this. Is it worth my while to repeat the tutorial as a different character (an armed one, anyway), or should I just get on with it? Just how steep is this learning curve, anyway, and how much will the tutorial really help? Thanks in advance for helping a noob.

P.S. Was anyone else reminded of "Dune" with the music on the main screen?

luckydog
November 6th, 2009, 20:10
OK - I installed, got everything registered, and tried to run the tutorial. I picked "Humble Trader" to start since it said it wasn't too difficult. Everything was fine up until it asked me to fire at something during "combat runs." Turns out my ship isn't even equipped with weapons! Doh! OK, fine - my question is this. Is it worth my while to repeat the tutorial as a different character (an armed one, anyway), or should I just get on with it? Just how steep is this learning curve, anyway, and how much will the tutorial really help? Thanks in advance for helping a noob.

P.S. Was anyone else reminded of "Dune" with the music on the main screen?

Craig.....

Humble Merchant is a good place to start as $$$ is needed to build a decent fleet (fighters or freighters).
As far as the tutorials.............don't sweat it. The learning curve isn't that bad !! Just get the feel of flying/steering whatever ship you've got and let the auto-pilot do most of the work ( including the shooting ).

Chacha
November 6th, 2009, 20:23
Craig on the left side bar of the screen, you can set your ship's wings with ammo.... the right mouse click is to fire... Play with the mouse for range... (that's how my game is set up anyway)

.... :running:

Just go on with it... I choose no collision....

Craig Taylor
November 6th, 2009, 20:32
Thanks, Chacha and LD. I will press on... :running: