PDA

View Full Version : Any of y'all ready to tackle a propspin?

Cazzie
August 23rd, 2009, 08:31
Rather than fester and blog the FS2004 or FSX forum, I decided to put my propspin tutorial where it belongs, Designer's Workshop, The Paint Shop.

I did it in two parts and it is graphic heavy. Feel free to copy and paste and try your hand.

Go here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=21597 and http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=21601

Caz

aeromed202
August 23rd, 2009, 08:42
This is way cool Caz. The wife got PS some time back and I want to learn how to use it. Question: can this make spinning props to put with FS2002 aircraft? Most don't show up in 2004, fixed and rotary-wing.

Cazzie
August 23rd, 2009, 08:49
This is way cool Caz. The wife got PS some time back and I want to learn how to use it. Question: can this make spinning props to put with FS2002 aircraft? Most don't show up in 2004, fixed and rotary-wing.

Don't know, that might have to be BananaBob's league, never tried it, but you're welcome. I started doing simple repaints with FS2002, but haven't had it on any of my systems since early 2004.

Caz

Tom Clayton
August 23rd, 2009, 18:29
I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that the missing props issue with FS2002 planes being flown in FS9 is a result of model incompatibility.

OBIO
August 23rd, 2009, 18:35
You are correct Tom. The reason the props on some older models do not show up in FS2004 is the animation coding used to animate the prop/prop spinner. I have a number of really nice models for CFS2/FS2002 that I have tried in FS2004....all animations work...but the props are totally gone. The only way to correct this would be to obtain the source code and update the model to at least FSDS2 standards.

Cazzie,

Thanks for the tute....it is very clear, precise and easy to understand. If a person has even a hint of understanding of how to use Photo Shop, Paint Shop Pro, they will be able to create new prop wash textures using your tutorial.

OBIO