PDA

View Full Version : CFS2 MB layout window weirdness

MaskRider
August 22nd, 2009, 22:34
Hi guys. I don't know where to start the ball rolling on this so I figured here would be as good of a place as any.

Observe the following image:
http://www.mask-rider.com/mbweirdness.jpg

The left side shows what an in progress airfield looks like in FF and all other modes- including missions and the map view. The right hand side shows how it appears in the MB Layout window. Notice that the top half of the northern airfield is cut off- much as you might expect to see if you laid a texpoly down on a unflattened surface. It makes laying out scenery objects very problematic.

The two airfields are two separate bgls sets. Interestingly when I unload the lower airfield, the upper one appears normal. This anomaly only occurs when they are both loaded and only in the MB layout window.

I have Rhumba's mesh and masks loaded. Also, the two airfields are at two different elevations: the double runway northern field is 85' the lower one is at sea level.

And foida more, this is a rework of an earlier (unreleased) version from a couple of days ago- and that version showed no such visual problem.

Anyu suggestions welcome.

Snuffy
August 23rd, 2009, 07:01
I haven't a clue Chris ... it looks like your mesh start going up hill at a point there ...

Other than that not being a cfs2 landscaper I can't tell you.

It does look a problem though. :kilroy:

MaskRider
August 23rd, 2009, 15:12
Hey Snuffy,

Yeah, the terrain slopes upward from south to north- but each of the two airfield texpoly ground textures sits on its own A16N flatten area. I can work around it- and already have- but still I'd like to know whats up. It bugs me. :d

BTW- I changed the name of the thread to make it clear that this is a CFS2 scenery issue.

Cheers,
Chris

MaskRider
August 23rd, 2009, 15:28
BTW the scenery is the Morotai Island Wama-Pitoe complex. I been reworking it from the ground up- along with the island of Morotai- as part of my ongoing little self motivated project to rework old and add new airfields to that part of the PTO recently enhanced by Rhumbas mesh and masks.

Here is a screenie of its current state of development- probably not going to do much more to it.

http://www.mask-rider.com/morotai-wama-pitoe.jpg
Chris

dvslats
August 28th, 2009, 11:08
Hi Mask, for starters the one obvious difference from FF to MB is the airbase.dat that comes into play. Did you try varying the elevation in the.dat file between the two as a little test? :ques:
The line where the texture cuts off is clean and sharp with a degree or two of angle to the runway. For me this brings to mind the never perfect (in CFS2) heading entry in the airbase.dat file. This snaffu seems to emulate that. Hence the possible association.