PDA

View Full Version : Nemeth Super Puma released!!!

MCDesigns
August 22nd, 2009, 16:50
This is a great model, definitely worth checking out!

http://secure.simmarket.com/nemeth-designs-eurocopter-as332-l2-superpuma.phtml

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/3315/mcdpuma.jpg

Warrant
August 22nd, 2009, 17:23
It's raining releases this weekend, and they are all superb!

Great chopper there (is there a 300 Sqn RNLAF version included?)

I'm afraid it has to go on my wanted list though :bump:

CG_1976
August 22nd, 2009, 17:30
Yikes, it be raining add ons alright. Better hide the wife's weapons or im a dead duck. Better yet who can give me a dealer in Train sim Addons for the MS series, I'll butter her up so i can get the Puma.

Gdavis101
August 22nd, 2009, 17:33
AAAAHHHHHHHHH! That is just so wrong.. Looks awesome!

peter12213
August 22nd, 2009, 18:00
I can't believe it, this weekend is unbelieveable, who says fsx isn't going strong lol, I need money fast!!! lol

yago9
August 22nd, 2009, 18:07
Omg..someone said someting about a Puma it,s been released, and got my running to get my wallet..I just frozen ,nooooo....this a SUPER PUMA..damn !!!!!!!!!!!!

peter12213
August 22nd, 2009, 18:25
HAHAHAHA yeah same for me I only wanted the British Army ones mate, I'm not gettin this also!

JamesChams
August 22nd, 2009, 19:13
:jawdrop:OK... Its on my list.:applause:

Boomer
August 22nd, 2009, 19:22
Damn, I dont even have the Huey broke in yet!

Im off to get it :applause:

shackleton_boy
August 22nd, 2009, 20:16
so my list for next month includes the Super Puma, Iris F16, PMDG J41, Just flight connie and the carenado archer - ag who needs to eat.... i'll rather spend my $ on FS :ernae:

gajit
August 22nd, 2009, 22:34
Downloading now - enough time to be nice to the mrs before the credit card statement comes in! Thats 4 purchases in 3 days - gonna have to be extra nice :engel016:

I bet the sibwings bird dog will appear today just to make things worse!

gajit
August 22nd, 2009, 23:24
Wow - its definately worth the impending "Wife" agro!!

Quixoticish
August 23rd, 2009, 00:00
After hearing reports of poor performance from the Huey I'm worried about purchasing this, does it eat up the fps or is it relatively smooth to use?

Is there a repaint kit available?

gajit
August 23rd, 2009, 00:18
Hi Chris - On my old system its as smooth as the best of them - FPS as good as a Carenado product.

So good not to have to complain for once!!

Yes there is a repaint kit - not looked at it yet.

gajit
August 23rd, 2009, 00:29
Just looked at Paint kit - looks well done and even i can use it!! That is saying something! The details etc are separately layered.

calypsos
August 23rd, 2009, 00:48
I have spent many happy (and unhappy:icon_lol:) hours on the (non-super) Puma, so I may have take the plunge. This weekend is crazy!!

Have they managed to give the flight model some 'feel'? she does not fly in the same manner as the default 206, even without the added 'super' stuff.

gajit
August 23rd, 2009, 01:01
Hi - I have sliders to full realistic and the flight is nice and stable from what I have found so far (considering its FSX!!)

JT8D-9A
August 23rd, 2009, 03:51
Looks interesting, but due to my experiences with their EC-135, i have a few questions: True twin engine, does it have an AP, does everything work (radios, nav frequencies etc.) and does it use any XPack features?
Thanks in advance!

gajit
August 23rd, 2009, 04:46
Im going to try and paint G-TIGG in the old Bristow scheme. I wont be upset if any of you faster painters take it on!!

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-12.jpg

BASys
August 23rd, 2009, 05:22
Hi Folks

Nemeth model looks very nice.

Nitpick mode regarding supplied paints versus models. :icon_lol:

Product is a EUROCOPTER AS332 L2 SUPERPUMA

G-REDB is actually a CESSNA 310Q (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_310Q) :isadizzy:

VH-BWJ in an L not L2
AIUI all JCG craft are L1 or EC-225

Both have different windows, sponsons, rotor-cap, tail-rotor (5 blade).

There's 87 IRL aircraft to pick from, (79 excluding crashed or converted).
Listing of IRL AS332 L2 SUPERPUMAs (http://www.dirkfassbender.de/by_serial_number.html)

HTH
ATB
Paul

Boomer
August 23rd, 2009, 05:30
Nitpick mode regarding supplied paints versus models. :icon_lol:

Paul, do us a favor & keep that under your hat :icon_lol:

While I have no doubt that you are right the Nemeth's normally only model something that they have access to & then only model it EXACTLY the way their reference is with no deviation. For them this prevents the crits you just pointed out.
IMO this model is a departure from that mindset & a welcome one at that. Give them some artistic license & we will all benefit in the long run. :monkies:

Fireball6
August 23rd, 2009, 05:37
You can call me a "Nitpicker" or what ever you want but is it the same sound like the ec-135 have ? In my ears it sounds not like a puma. Yesterday I am at a Airport nearby and can listen to a Puma which sounds complete different.

Greetings :wavey: Dirk

Warrant
August 23rd, 2009, 06:49
Hi BASys, that list you gave a link for is not up to date. EHSB is no longer an airfield.:wavey:

Scenium
August 23rd, 2009, 06:53
I bought this great package last night and have done some flying with it. But why is the tailrotor reaction/performance so slow? It takes forever to do a 360 in either way while hovering.

I know it's a bigger helo, but shouldn't it be more responsive then this? It's the same way with the latest update to the CH-53E. And that have really kept Me from flying that great Super Stallion as it feels so unresponsive to Me.

I think they should be a bit more nimble then they are? What do You experts say?:bump::kilroy:

Thorbjörn

calypsos
August 23rd, 2009, 07:21
Simple laws of physics means a larger helo will handle in a less agile way than a small one, something MSFS never seems to capture. It should feel heavier and more sluggish than a 206 (basis for all MSFS flight modelling). I think the Stallion is too responsive, at least when heavily loaded.

As far as sound is concerned, try the freeware Puma sound that came with the FS9 Simshed model. As one who's hearing was damaged by working inside the real thing, I think that the Simshed Puma sounds OK, not bought this one yet, waiting for more feedback here!

gajit
August 23rd, 2009, 08:31
Calypsos is correct. If you watch film of larger choppers even with tail rotor failure they spin slower due to er - think its called "form" drag - of the fuselarge (ages since i did my helicopter techincal stuff)

Pepere
August 23rd, 2009, 09:05
so my list for next month includes the Super Puma, Iris F16, PMDG J41, Just flight connie and the carenado archer - ag who needs to eat.... i'll rather spend my $ on FS :ernae:

Is the PMDG J41 do out next month? Looking forward to that one!

David

Roadburner440
August 23rd, 2009, 09:10
Larger helicopters would also spin slower due to the lower main rotor head RPM. The reason they spin with the loss of tail rotor authority is because of the torque imposed on the airframe by the spinning rotor. On our SH-60's the rotor RPM is 258, while smaller helicopters such as the Coast Guards Dolphin spin in excess of 400RPM. If memory serves me correctly the MH-53 spins under 179RPM. I am sure the fuselage shape/size have something to do with it as well. Along with the weight being the heavier something it the more energy it takes to spin it. Is a lot of math and calculation stuff that makes your head hurt. Is why I just turn wrenches. I leave the engineering stuff to the pros.

michael davies
August 23rd, 2009, 09:30
Sorry guys, larger helos do not turn 'much' slower, size isnt dependant on turn speed, go to a airshow and watch a Merlin go through its paces, it can turn as fast as many smaller helos.

Rotor speed has no effect on turn speed and in reality a small light weight rotor at high speed will exact the same torque as a large slow speed rotor, all torque is counter acted by the tail rotor and the mathmatics involved means it can do what the engineers want

The Skycrane will turn slower because it doesnt need to turn any faster, its a crane, a lugger and a heavy weight work horse, it is designed to be ultra stable for under slung loads, not weave in and out in a combat zone.

Senseless debate anyway, no one will ever agree how it should feel so its best off left for end users to tweak how they think it should 'feel' like, hence adding the realism scalar line in Alphasim helos I did, tweak to what you feel is right and go play.

Best

Michael

gajit
August 23rd, 2009, 10:55
Anyway - im slowly moving on with the Bristow repaint - but loads to do..

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-13.jpg

CG_1976
August 23rd, 2009, 11:16
Ok here I go again trying to figure out how to start the Puma up. Were is that Russian Baseball bat??

Scenium
August 23rd, 2009, 11:23
Sorry guys, larger helos do not turn 'much' slower, size isnt dependant on turn speed, go to a airshow and watch a Merlin go through its paces, it can turn as fast as many smaller helos.

Rotor speed has no effect on turn speed and in reality a small light weight rotor at high speed will exact the same torque as a large slow speed rotor, all torque is counter acted by the tail rotor and the mathmatics involved means it can do what the engineers want

The Skycrane will turn slower because it doesnt need to turn any faster, its a crane, a lugger and a heavy weight work horse, it is designed to be ultra stable for under slung loads, not weave in and out in a combat zone.

Senseless debate anyway, no one will ever agree how it should feel so its best off left for end users to tweak how they think it should 'feel' like, hence adding the realism scalar line in Alphasim helos I did, tweak to what you feel is right and go play.

Best

Michael

So what and how is the best way to "tweak" it?:jump:

I don't want it to turn like the Red Bull MBB BO-105, just a little tad faster then it does now. Because now it feels almost like slowmotion.

Take a look at this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKMXr7a8M1o&feature=related at 4:51 He turns the Super Puma rather quickly, don't know if it's possible to turn that fast with the Nemeth helo.

And I'm not trying to nitpick, I own all of the Nemeth helicopters and like them very much. The "turnrate" just feels a bit to slow for Me.:mixedsmi:

Nice paint Gareth, looking forward to add some more paints to this wonderful model!

Thorbjörn

Scenium
August 23rd, 2009, 11:26
Ok here I go again trying to figure out how to start the Puma up. Were is that Russian Baseball bat??

The quickest way for Me is to press Shift+1, and press those two electrical thingys and press the Big Button.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z194/CrizeCaldron/SuperPuma-1.jpg

When the birdie is running just click once on both those two yellow engine thingy handles.:mixedsmi:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z194/CrizeCaldron/SuperPuma1.jpg

And off We go to the nearest tree..... :gameoff::icon_lol:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z194/CrizeCaldron/SuperPuma2.jpg

Thorbjörn

Fireball6
August 23rd, 2009, 11:55
Hey gajit - looks very promising :applause:

Dirk

CG_1976
August 23rd, 2009, 11:59
Thank You Thorbjörn

Scenium
August 23rd, 2009, 12:22
Thank You Thorbjörn

No problemo!:ernae: It's great to be able to help someone for once, I'm usually the one who needs (alot) of help.:icon_lol:

Thorbjörn

michael davies
August 23rd, 2009, 12:36
There isnt really a quick way to be honest and there are many factors you need to change for it to be right, there are parameters in the air file that give the amount of 'bite' the tail rotor gives but thats often set up to give to straight flight and counter torque under normal forward flight, add more bite and you will find it will slowly turn as you fly along, add less bite and it will turn the other way.

The realism scalar in the cfg is a good way if the rest of the FDE is set up right, thats basically scaling your joystick inputs, its a good way to fine tune specific aircraft to your joystick rather than tweaking the joystick settings which effect all aircraft, a figure of 1.0 is default, I've used figures as low as 0.8 or 0.6 for yaw in the past. This'll give you a sharp input but the rest of the turn will depend on the MOI, this figure is used represent the mass of the aircraft, someone noted above that helos dont do this, thats un true, its simply that people use the default 206 MOI's and for big helos this makes them feel too nimble or twitchy.

There is a calculation for MOI, however I tend to work on feel, which tends to come out close to the calculation but not exact, MOI is dependant on weight and size of the real helo, for something like a Puma, and I'm stretching my memory here as I'm at work, I'd use something in the order of 18-24,000, if you have the Alphasim CH-53 then look at the MOIs in there, however be carefull because the CH-53 is a nimble aircraft for its size, it has the power and airframe to make rapid changes in direction, its agility belies its size, a pilot I know who helped test my stuff flew them and said they were scarily aggressive if pushed hard.

MOI is hard to relate to, I imagine it as a ball of water, the bigger the ball the harder it is to move and more importantly the harder it is to stop, a big ball will take short and high levels of input and soak them up but will respond to longer and lower inputs, you really want an MOI that takes a little time to start and when stopping requires a little opposite rudder input, if it stops on its own then the MOI is too low, if it keeps turning for too ling then the MOI is to high.

Anyway I digress, look at the AS Stallion and see what MOI you have in there, then compare with the Puma, if there 4-6000 different I'd leave well alone, if not then tweak the yaw MOI down a little, steps of 2000 at a time and see what happens.

You may not have a realism scalar line in the cfg, if not just grab and Alphasim helo and cut and past the line from that cfg into the Puma, set them all to 1.0 except yaw which I'd start at with 0.7 if its as sluggish as you suspect.

You can also tweak the pedal inputs and rudder (yaw) force in the cfg further down, that does depend on what sort of cfg they have used, some have this section, some dont, helos are a real mess and are dependant on the air file, if its a modern light air file then it'll be in the cfg, if not it'll be in the air file, its possible to have parameters in both and occasionally they will conflict but I believe the sim parses the cfg first and then the air file if its not present in the cfg, a MS guru would have to confirm that, its only a hunch I've formed over the years.

Make a copy of the cfg and then go play, add the realism scalar line and then fiddle with the MOI and the yaw scalar until your happy. Setting up how a helo feels is one of the easier aspects, you can pretty much change the feel with just these two parameters, its not the best way but it is the simplest, setting up float and drag is much harder as is lift and translational stages. If you set your MOI too low then the nose will begin to nod at high speeds, actually if you set it too high it'll do the same, both can be ironed out in the air file by adjusting the tail rotor location and rear stab size and location but I suspect the Puma will be ok in that area and should not be an issue.

Hope that helps

Michael

So what and how is the best way to "tweak" it?:jump:

I don't want it to turn like the Red Bull MBB BO-105, just a little tad faster then it does now. Because now it feels almost like slowmotion.

Take a look at this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKMXr7a8M1o&feature=related at 4:51 He turns the Super Puma rather quickly, don't know if it's possible to turn that fast with the Nemeth helo.

And I'm not trying to nitpick, I own all of the Nemeth helicopters and like them very much. The "turnrate" just feels a bit to slow for Me.:mixedsmi:

Nice paint Gareth, looking forward to add some more paints to this wonderful model!

Thorbjörn

CG_1976
August 23rd, 2009, 12:36
Anyone up to due the Irish Airforce Puma.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Ireland---Air/Aerospatiale-SA-330J-Puma/1505912/L/&sid=73d8e4d489fc47ca6caf4a0c2798ee3d
Or the Icelantic Coast Guard, this would be there nations 1st FSX represenative. So who wants the 1st crack at her.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Landhelgisgaeslan---Icelandic/Aerospatiale-AS-332L1-Super/1489752/L/&sid=73d8e4d489fc47ca6caf4a0c2798ee3d

BASys
August 23rd, 2009, 12:45
Hi Folks

keep that under your hat :icon_lol:
Would have done
if it hadn't been for this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_310Q) :icon_lol:

Contact point need adjusting, sitting too high.

EHSB is no longer an airfield.
Cheers, was aware.
Relevant info is Serial, Reg #, Model, & Company.

List of valid L2 registrations, (53),
(as distinct from the unmodelled A2/U2 military versions).

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="1009" width="434"><col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"> <col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"> <col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"> <col style="width: 48pt;" span="2" width="64"> <tbody><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt; width: 48pt;" height="17" width="64">Serial</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Reg #</td> <td class="xl25" style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Model</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Company</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Remark</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2348</td> <td>VN-8608</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>SFV</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2366</td> <td>9M-STR</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>MHS</td> <td>ditched 2007-01-30</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2380</td> <td>VN-8610</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>SFV</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2388</td> <td>HS-1/39</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>RSAAF</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2390</td> <td>HS-2/39</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>RSAAF</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2393</td> <td>LN-OHC</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>CHC HS</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2395</td> <td>G-CHCI</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>CHC S</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2396</td> <td>LN-OHA</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>CHC HS</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2398</td> <td>D2-EVP</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>SA</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2455</td> <td>HS-3/39</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>TRF</td> <td>crashed 1997-09-19</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2467</td> <td>G-PUMO</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>CHC S</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2471</td> <td>JA6800</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>STI</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2474</td> <td>LN-OHE</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>CHC HS</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2477</td> <td>LN-OHM</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>CHC HS</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2484</td> <td>G-PUMN</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>CHC S</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2488</td> <td>LN-ONH</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>BTW</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2493</td> <td>LN-OHG</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>CHC</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2500</td> <td>LN-ONI</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>BTW</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2503</td> <td>D2-ESZ</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>SA</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2504</td> <td>G-PUMS</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>CHC S</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2535</td> <td>B-HRL</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>HGF</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2543</td> <td>B-HRM</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>HGF</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2547</td> <td>B-HRN</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>HGF</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2565</td> <td>H3204</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>IP</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2567</td> <td>G-CHCF</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>CHC S</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2570</td> <td>PP-MUM</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>BHS</td> <td>crashed 2008-02-26</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2572</td> <td>PP-MZM</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>BHS</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2573</td> <td>H3222</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>IP</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2576</td> <td>G-JSAR</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>BT</td> <td>ditched 2006-11-22</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2577</td> <td>EZ-P710</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>GT</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2578</td> <td>EZ-P711</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>GT</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2582</td> <td>LN-OHI</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>CHC HS</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2587</td> <td>CN-AZT</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>RKM</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2590</td> <td>D2-EXN</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>SA</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2592</td> <td>G-CHCG</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>CHC S</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2594</td> <td>LN-OHJ</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>CHC HS</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2599</td> <td>PP-MTM</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>BHS</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2601</td> <td>G-CHCH</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>CHC S</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2608</td> <td>G-REDJ</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>BOND</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2610</td> <td>G-REDK</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>BOND</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2612</td> <td>G-REDL</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>BOND</td> <td>crashed 2009-04-01</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2613</td> <td>LN-OHK</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>CHC HS</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2614</td> <td>G-REDM</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>BOND</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2616</td> <td>G-REDN</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>BOND</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2617</td> <td>LN-OHL</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>CHC HS</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2622</td> <td>G-REDO</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>BOND</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2632</td> <td>9M-SPA</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>MHS</td> <td>crashed 2006-11-05</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2634</td> <td>G-REDP</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>BOND</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2636</td> <td>9M-SPB</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>MHS</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2639</td> <td>9M-SPC</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>MHS</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2655</td> <td>9M-SPD</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>MHS</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" height="17">2664</td> <td>VN-8514</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>SFV</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">?</td> <td>VN-8?16</td> <td class="xl25">L2</td> <td>SFV</td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Gajit -
Info for your G-TIGG,
a/c named Macduff
(white text aft of cockpit doors).

HTH
ATB
Paul

Scenium
August 23rd, 2009, 12:51
Thanks for the help Michael! This will have to be a project for tomorrow, I'm to tired tonight.

Thorbjörn

MCDesigns
August 23rd, 2009, 13:09
I bought this great package last night and have done some flying with it. But why is the tailrotor reaction/performance so slow? It takes forever to do a 360 in either way while hovering.

I know it's a bigger helo, but shouldn't it be more responsive then this? It's the same way with the latest update to the CH-53E. And that have really kept Me from flying that great Super Stallion as it feels so unresponsive to Me.

I think they should be a bit more nimble then they are? What do You experts say?:bump::kilroy:

Thorbjörn

Not being an expert, I mentioned this during the beta as it was very agile off the pad and in turns and in my mind, this didn't seem right for such a large heli, hence the slow tail spins, sorry. I saw that Dirk Fassbender was on the beta email list and figured I'd let him be the expert on this since he flies them in real life.

gajit
August 23rd, 2009, 13:14
Hey gajit - looks very promising :applause:

Dirk

Tx - have you any planned?

Fireball6
August 23rd, 2009, 14:09
Not concrete at the moment - need a little time to sort out her "flight-characteristics" - the first impressions are that she is a "Diva" - she needs a lot
of "Nose down", otherwise she climb and climb and climb. First thing i`ve done is adding Heli-Trimm to her. Find her very heavy to fly in comparison to the Cera Bell 412.

Dirk

calypsos
August 23rd, 2009, 14:25
RAF Puma crews of the 70s and 80s (of which I was one, once) thought that she was very much a 'sports model', however they really only had the Wessex (S-58) to compare with!
Depending on AUW (and OAT), she could lift into the hover quite fast (caught at least one rookie out on the OTU) but (and my memory is not perfect, nor were they 332 models) the aircraft was very stable after transition, and flew (once trimmed) rather like a 'coach'....not a bus! I think that Helo trim guage will be a must...... once I get around to buying this.

CG_1976
August 23rd, 2009, 19:24
This is one heli that is fun. A bit nose heavy although, but nothing leaving the gears down for that can provide a bit a balance for a nice flight in Ireland.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x311/thobin76/IRE1.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x311/thobin76/IRE2.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x311/thobin76/IRE3.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x311/thobin76/IRE4.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x311/thobin76/IRE5.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x311/thobin76/IRE6.jpg

Fireball6
August 24th, 2009, 05:13
In my opinion she is to "heavy" for me - it is a great Modell, very nice detailed,
very good cockpit and cabin but the flightdynamics are far, far away from that
"Fun-Factor" that the MD500, the Bo105 or the EC-135 have. At Saturday i stay
at an Airport nearby and we see a AS332 from the "Bundespolizei" which demonstrate a Water-Dump from a Bambi-Bucket. It fly very agile for his weight.

MCDesigns - could you ask the Nemeth Guys if it is possible to give us the
"Beta"-FDE`s - If you see, there is no response to my thread at their side, but to some others that post after me. It looks like they did not like my critic :kilroy:.

gajit
August 24th, 2009, 06:21
Hi Dirk - forgive me asking you of all people this - but do you have your sliders to full realism to fly with? I find this FDE very "light and responsive" to fly with that setting. Again - forgive me asking!!

krazycolin
August 24th, 2009, 06:45
Dirk, they're on vacation for at least the next two weeks. Give them a chance. :running::icon29:

CODY
August 24th, 2009, 06:55
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/gredo1.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/gredo2.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/gredo3.jpg

Soon....

Jeff

MCDesigns
August 24th, 2009, 07:02
Nice work Jeff!! :ernae:

Fireball6
August 24th, 2009, 07:56
Hi gajit - absolut no problem to ask - i am only human and can make errors :icon_lol: But to answer your question - yes all settings full right and i am use Saitek X52Pro Stick and Throttle. I think i need a lot more of Training at the Puma :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: I`ll try to reinstall the Package, maybe that helps. FSX is sometimes a "tricky" thing that do what it will do and not what i want that it do :kilroy:

gajit
August 24th, 2009, 08:12
Very nice jeff. :applause:

Fireball6
August 24th, 2009, 08:45
A Question for the Beta-Tester`s (MCDesigns) - Is there a special reason that there will be 4 Folders after running the Installer - are there differences in the FDE`s, aircraft.cfg-parameters, or the model-folders ? - i notice nothing what give me a lucid explanation.

Scenium
August 24th, 2009, 09:01
Cool paint Jeff! Gareth, how's Your paint coming along?:kilroy:

And for Michael; is there any program that You use when creating/tweaking the air file?

Thorbjörn

gajit
August 24th, 2009, 09:19

And for Michael; is there any program that You use when creating/tweaking the air file?

Thorbjörn

Hi Thorbjorn

See below - getting close to finnishing :isadizzy:

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-14.jpg

michael davies
August 24th, 2009, 09:30
Theres several air file editors out there, I think the most common one people use is Aired, to be honest I'd urge caution with the air file if you've not messed with one before, some of the text explanations look gibberish LOL, the cfg is laid out a little better and easier to read and can be edited with notepad or wordpad much more easily. Much of what I wrote above is done in the cfg file and will give the results you wish for with little effort.

Kindest

Michael

Thorbjörn

BASys
August 24th, 2009, 09:54
Hi Folks

Jeff & Gajit
Repaints are looking nice.

Cody -
That middle pic, was it flipped ?
Check the nav lights.

ATB
Paul

Scenium
August 24th, 2009, 10:06
Hi Thorbjorn

See below - getting close to finnishing :isadizzy:

Sweet!:ernae:

Theres several air file editors out there, I think the most common one people use is Aired, to be honest I'd urge caution with the air file if you've not messed with one before, some of the text explanations look gibberish LOL, the cfg is laid out a little better and easier to read and can be edited with notepad or wordpad much more easily. Much of what I wrote above is done in the cfg file and will give the results you wish for with little effort.

Kindest

Michael

Ahh, thanks! I guess I'm still tired, or My brain is just offline today. lol :sleep::mixedsmi:

Thorbjörn

CODY
August 24th, 2009, 10:47
Hi Folks

Jeff & Gajit
Repaints are looking nice.

Cody -
That middle pic, was it flipped ?
Check the nav lights.

ATB
Paul
Wow...no!
I just looked at all my screenies...The lights are backwards!
By the way guys...thanks...it is a dream to paint!

Jeff

Scenium
August 24th, 2009, 14:00
After alot of help I'm at last happy with a turn/yaw/rudder/tailrotor rate that I like, and think feels somewhat realistic. (We all have Our different opinions so I'm sure that many will not agree with Me)

Here is how to change the turn/yaw/rudder/tailrotor rate:

But first of all, make a backup of the Aircraft.cfg if You don't like the changes.

Change the MOI Yaw in the Aircraft.cfg to 80000 instead of 150000.

;Moments of Inertia
empty_weight_pitch_MOI = 160000
empty_weight_roll_MOI = 70000
empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 80000 <------
empty_weight_coupled_MOI = 0

And cut and paste this line into the Aircraft.cfg below the MOI Section:

[Helicopter]
low_realism_stability_scale= 1.00, 1.00, 0.8 //Pitch , Bank, Yaw Scalars on Stability in Low Realism Settings

Now Save, and start FSX and take the Super Puma for a spin. (don't forget that You have to make these changes to all of the four different Super Puma versions)

This makes it turn "alot" quicker. And more to MY liking.

*starts digging a bunker*

Best Regards

Thorbjörn

Edit: After some flying with these settings I noticed that the helicopter tends to fly a bit sideways when trying to fly in a straight line. Don't know if I have to tweak the other MOI settings as well?

gajit
August 25th, 2009, 10:20
Can anyone tell me how I should paint the underside? I cant find any upward pics.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-15.jpg

Fireball6
August 25th, 2009, 10:38
Hi Gareth - look here - : http://www1.airpics.com/showimg.php?imgid=69123

:wavey: Dirk

Scenium
August 25th, 2009, 10:40
Ahhh, Dirk beat Me too it! lol

The pic I found is more or less the same but from the opposite side....

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/image7525.html

Thorbjörn

Edit: WOW! just found some of My favourite things on that site: http://www.airplane-pictures.net/image53687.html, http://www.airplane-pictures.net/image47361.html lol:kilroy:

Scenium
August 25th, 2009, 14:21
I just remembered that Christoffer Petersen made an awesome Puma soundpack available at Avsim: aerospatial_as330_the_real_deal.zip

Is there an easy way to get that to work with the Nemeth Super Puma?

I just listened to the various sounds in the Soundpack of this bird, and as332_ext_loop2 sounds just like the Fenestron sound from the EC-135.

Thorbjörn

gajit
August 25th, 2009, 23:02
Thanks guys - do you think this looks right?

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-16.jpg

Fireball6
August 26th, 2009, 04:08
Yes - looking good :applause:

Fireball6
August 26th, 2009, 04:13
Help needed - maybe i am the only one here but did someone else notice that the Puma has a big tendency to fly "sidewards" ? If i try to turn her with full pedal input i get a "HYD"-Failure and the Engines cut off. If i try to turn her like a plane, she sliding sidewards down. No other helicopter did this and I have flying them alot in FS.

I try everything - Sliders for reality full right, in the middle or left. I think it must have to do something with the .air-file of her.

Dirk

calypsos
August 26th, 2009, 05:06
Help needed - maybe i am the only one here but did someone else notice that the Puma has a big tendency to fly "sidewards" ? If i try to turn her with full pedal input i get a "HYD"-Failure and the Engines cut off. If i try to turn her like a plane, she sliding sidewards down. No other helicopter did this and I have flying them alot in FS.

I try everything - Sliders for reality full right, in the middle or left. I think it must have to do something with the .air-file of her.

I do not believe that those sort of faults would get past the beta testers....would they???:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Seriously, have you checked your pedals? Maybe they have a dirty potentiometer that is causing an unwanted input or suchlike? Also, check you are not flying her fully loaded all the time, take out some fuel.

michael davies
August 26th, 2009, 05:56
I believe the FDE is based on the default EH101, certainly the air file does not have the helo sections in that the 206 has, thus ( In my very humble opinion ) making it a very difficult style of FDE to set up. Theres basically two types of FS FDE, one where the air file holds all the rotor and lift drag information and one where 'some' of that info is added in as extra to the cfg, the former is the older set up and requires air file editing, the later is the new style which should make it easier for 3rd parties to edit, ie all in the cfg and only requiring notepad or word pad.

There does appear to be some nasties in there, I was sent the FDE (pasted into my beta model here) by a very desperate customer to see if I could tune it to be more stable like the Alphasim CH-53 etc, I couldn't, it is a real hand full, yet some seem to be flying it ok ?. Theres an uncontrolled roll to the left, the tanks are all different sizes which also gives an abnormal tilt one way to begin with, this may be true to real life (I doubt that some how) but these are the sort of things you need to fudge to get a FS FDE to work respectably, tank capacities and locations need careful mapping to preserve the CoG and balance. It is also incredibly nose heavy, almost 50 deg nose down to build up speed, the default EH101 does that too and any sort of rapid nose up climb or sharp turn bleeds speed and as noted above cause's engine failures, now this may be true to life, but I suspect most here just want to fly :).

When I return from the states mid next month I'll be making him up an old school replacement FDE that has the helo sections in the air file, he'll then test that with the model to make sure all the gauge's and sounds still perform correctly.

If your having problems with the Puma then try the default EH101, you may well find you have the same or similar problems there.

I'm not casting judgment on the Puma FDE, its manageable but I (and this is my own personal view) think it could have been so much more, why its behaving like this I do not know, I'd love to find out what it is thats creating these odd forces, certainly on my set up and I suspect a few others, truth is, it's easier (for me) to take my stock heavy turbine file, cut and paste the headers, tanks, lights, gear and cameras and tweak to suit.

Best

Michael

Addendum, before anyone cries thief or pirate due to cfg and air file swapping, be aware the customer sent them to me in desperation as he was getting no official support and has a product totally un usable to him, I'm only trying to help.

I do not believe that those sort of faults would get past the beta testers....would they???:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Seriously, have you checked your pedals? Maybe they have a dirty potentiometer that is causing an unwanted input or suchlike? Also, check you are not flying her fully loaded all the time, take out some fuel.

Fireball6
August 26th, 2009, 06:38
Hello Calypsos, hello Michael - thanks for your suggestions and efforts - Michael i am looking forward to your "old school" FDE. In the meantime i have uninstalled it again, make a complete new download and re-installed it. First flight was good, so it seems that those "drifting"-problem is solved. However - this thing:mixedsmi:drives me crazy - another "FS-Miracle" :mixedsmi: .

Gone do some more "Testflights" to learn how i have to "manage" her .....:wavey:

Dirk

michael davies
August 26th, 2009, 06:54
Dirk,

Nemeth may well revise the FDE while I'm away, if not then your welcome to grab a copy when its done, as I said above, it is an odd one, I've never seen a helo do this before, not with out something glaringly wrong in the FDE, which there isnt.

Kindest

Michael

BASys
August 26th, 2009, 11:06
Hi Folks

do you think this looks right?
Looking good.

Please see your PMs for further info.

HTH
ATB
Paul

gajit
August 26th, 2009, 11:17
Hi Folks

Looking good.

Please see your PMs for further info.

HTH
ATB
Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks so much for that input - excellent - I have PM back.

CODY
August 26th, 2009, 12:49
Alrighty...
These go today....I hope....
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/gredo1-1.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/oha2.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/oha3.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/oha1.jpg

Later...
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/norsk1.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/norsk2.jpg

Jeff

gajit
August 26th, 2009, 12:50
Wow Cody - great work :applause:

CODY
August 26th, 2009, 13:06
Wow Cody - great work :applause:
Hey gajit thanks...
How do you like all the weird mapping around the "Nose and Doors"
The "Norsk" scheme drove me nuts...

Jeff

Fireball6
August 27th, 2009, 00:36
Hey Cody - impressive !! :ernae:

Dirk

JensOle
August 27th, 2009, 01:00
Great to see some norwegian super pumas! Superb job on the paint schemes!

shaggy
August 27th, 2009, 01:35
I made a Swedish Air Force H-89 Repaint. you can download it here:

http://www.virtualavia.com/downloads/Swedish-Air-Force-HKP-10.rar

Some Screens

http://www.virtualavia.com/Shaggys-Artworks/To-sim-out-house/1.jpg

http://www.virtualavia.com/Shaggys-Artworks/To-sim-out-house/2.jpg

http://www.virtualavia.com/Shaggys-Artworks/To-sim-out-house/3.jpg

http://www.virtualavia.com/Shaggys-Artworks/To-sim-out-house/4.jpg

http://www.virtualavia.com/Shaggys-Artworks/To-sim-out-house/5.jpg

Fireball6
August 27th, 2009, 02:21
What a great paint :applause: !!!!! Thank you very much for it :ernae:
Dirk

calypsos
August 27th, 2009, 03:04
I have just been chatting on-line to a mate of mine who has bought this package. He is very unhappy about the sound, 'nothing like a Puma' he says? Anybody else thought this?? I think it was mentioned at the start of this thread, but I have heard no more.

I suggested he replaces the sound with either the freeware Simshed Puma sounds or (this is what he did) use the sound files from the CH Heli Lama for FSX, which we both have. Although it may seem strange, it sounds much more Puma like than the Nemeth one!!! It has that high pitch howl!!

If you just rename the originals 'sounda', so you can easily convert back. Having listened to the Lama sounds with my eyes shut, it could easily be a Puma on screen.

gajit
August 27th, 2009, 05:03
Well done Shaggy :applause:

MCDesigns
August 27th, 2009, 05:09
Nice work shaggy!!!

For those interested, it says on the Nemeth website they plan on doing the EC-225 version (5 blades) of this Puma at a later date.. The EC-225 comes as an EMS version and a SAR version. Would be nice if anyone interested in these version to voices that request on their forum. I'd love a non transport config.

calypsos
August 27th, 2009, 06:11
Just a plain and simple vanilla SA-330 will suit me, no fancy electronics to hobble FR's and a million and one re-paint possibilities over 40 years and about 30 operators.

MCDesigns
August 27th, 2009, 06:17
Curious, anyone here with the Puma not using acceleration?

flewpastu
August 27th, 2009, 14:21
A little shockwave action, just add the following lines

light.14= 5, 10.10, 1.50, -4.80, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down_22 ;Rt Landing light
light.15= 5, 10.10, -1.80, -4.80, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down_22 ;Lt Landing light

Bill

flewpastu
August 27th, 2009, 14:22
By the way, Thanks Jeff for the great repaint very nice indeed

Bill

IanP
August 28th, 2009, 10:17
Curious, anyone here with the Puma not using acceleration?

It won't work without Accel. The flight model and gauges are based on the EH101, which is only present in the XPack, not in SP2. So no-one using it successfully is using it without Acceleration. This was discussed rather a lot on the Nemeth support forum at simFlight yesterday.

JensOle
August 28th, 2009, 11:43
Just a plain and simple vanilla SA-330 will suit me, no fancy electronics to hobble FR's and a million and one re-paint possibilities over 40 years and about 30 operators.

That will be a completly different model than the EC AS332 L2 Super Puma. But I too would very much like to see the good old "fat" Puma...
A lot of interesting history with the SA-330 Puma in military service and a lot of schemes which could be painted.

gajit
August 28th, 2009, 15:02
Hi - I have done as much as I want with this one so will up load exclusively to SOH now.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/WIP2-1.jpg

Scenium
August 29th, 2009, 14:15
Thanks for all of the repaints guys!:applause:

Thorbjörn

anatolpopov
August 29th, 2009, 21:48
Can somebody do the quick start guide? :applause: I can't get even engines started

Edit. Sorry, I should read whole topic

IanP
August 30th, 2009, 12:52
It's been suggested that I post this over here by gajit, as it is information that others may be interested in, but I downloaded his rather nice Bristow Tiger repaint earlier today and have been fiddling...

If anyone wants it and hasn't already installed it, can I suggest one change to gajit's installation instructions? Rather than copying the texture.puma folder then overwriting some of the files, just put the texture.gtigg folder in the appropriate directory "as is" and edit the texture.cfg file's first entry so that rather than saying fallback.1=..\texture it says fallback.1=..\texture.puma - that means that it will look in the texture.puma folder for missing textures, saving you duplicating them.

The second change might be of more interest to anyone using the package as the Nemeth Brothers unfortunately haven't set up the ATC ident for the aircraft correctly... All of their aircraft are simply registered as "AS332" which gets a bit repetitive. For the Bristow repaint above, you might like to put the following lines in the [aircraft.x] section for it...

atc_id=G-TIGG
atc_airline=Bristow
atc_flight_number=332

You might not hear the "Bristow", unless you have a voicepack installed that includes the callsign, but it works with the one I'm using. If that does happen, delete the "332" to leave the flight number line as atc_flight_number= and you will be called "Golf Tango India Golf Golf".

The other change affects all the aircraft. Under the [general] section, change the two entries to read the following:

atc_type=EUROCOPTER
atc_model=AS32

Which will result in you being called "Eurocopter Super Puma". If you are flying the Bristow AS332, which they called "Tiger" for reasons I don't know, "TIGR" in place of the AS32 will give you a type of "Eurocopter Tiger".

Hope those are of use to someone. :)

gajit
August 30th, 2009, 13:21
tx Ian

BASys
August 30th, 2009, 13:57
Hi Folks

You might not hear the "Bristow",
unless you have a voicepack installed that includes the callsign,
Which will result in you being called "Eurocopter Super Puma".
EditVoicePack v4 for FSX is available for download (http://www.fsonline.dk/en/index.php?title=EditVoicepack)
and includes all the uploaded voicepacks.

Bristow
Atc_airline=BRISTOW
atc_parking_codes=BHL

CHC Scotia
Atc_airline=HELIBUS
atc_parking_codes=HKS

If you are flying the Bristow AS332,
which they called "Tiger" for reasons I don't know,
"TIGR" in place of the AS32 will give you a type of "Eurocopter Tiger"
Ian -
Just for info, AIUI -

It would be inappropriate to use -
atc_model=TIGR
as it's the wrong aircraft type.
Though I'm sure Bristow's pilots would appreciate the air-superiority (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocopter_Tiger). :icon_lol:

CHC Pumas & Bristow Tigers is just a branding thing,
though IRL it aids identifying a/c ownership when heard over ATC.

CHS-Scotia were first locals to purchase AS332 Super-Pumas,
they acquired a block of CAA reg's G-PUM*,
Hence the CHC Pumas.

When Bristow purchased their AS332 Super-Pumas,
they acquired a block of CAA reg's G-TIG*,
hence the Bristow Tigers.

To further confuse the issue -
Due to CHC losing contracts to Bristow,
Bristow purchased a number of CHC's Pumas.

These a/c initially retained their G-PUM* registrations,
before being reassigned to other countries.

HTH
ATB
Paul

IanP
August 31st, 2009, 00:21
Yeah, I know. The Tiger is a gunship... ;)

I actually have both HAC and HAP variants installed from the review copy of Military Helicopters 2 that First Class Simulations sent me.

I have, however, heard of the Bristow AS332s being referred to as "Tigers" on the radio, in an old magazine article series that detailed their operations out of Aberdeen, so it's quite possible that in an older timeframe - presumably pre-gunship - that the name would be correct. Hence I put AS32 as the correct one first, although I should probably have used "Aerospatiale" with it rather than "Eurocopter". Never mind... ;)

PUMA is also an acceptable aircraft code apparently, although I haven't tried that. Nor have I tried "Bond" as an airline for the big red blob. (Edit: "Bond" works. Not sure whether this is EditVoicePack or TrafficX to thank, but I have the pack from one of the two installed.)

On the other hand, noting your siggy, I was just threatening to throw some generic FSX rigs offshore in less than random but not quite accurate places to give me somewhere to fly to. Is any of the ODG work already done made in FSX native models for the North or Irish seas?

At least the CHC/UK MCA SAR helos are S-92s now (and apparently not that popular, unless you have heard differently) to ease the confusion between types having different names?

Cheers,

Ian P.

Hi Folks

EditVoicePack v4 for FSX is available for download (http://www.fsonline.dk/en/index.php?title=EditVoicepack)
and includes all the uploaded voicepacks.

Bristow
Atc_airline=BRISTOW
atc_parking_codes=BHL

CHC Scotia
Atc_airline=HELIBUS
atc_parking_codes=HKS

Ian -
Just for info, AIUI -

It would be inappropriate to use -
atc_model=TIGR
as it's the wrong aircraft type.
Though I'm sure Bristow's pilots would appreciate the air-superiority (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocopter_Tiger). :icon_lol:

CHC Pumas & Bristow Tigers is just a branding thing,
though IRL it aids identifying a/c ownership when heard over ATC.

CHS-Scotia were first locals to purchase AS332 Super-Pumas,
they acquired a block of CAA reg's G-PUM*,
Hence the CHC Pumas.

When Bristow purchased their AS332 Super-Pumas,
they acquired a block of CAA reg's G-TIG*,
hence the Bristow Tigers.

To further confuse the issue -
Due to CHC losing contracts to Bristow,
Bristow purchased a number of CHC's Pumas.

These a/c initially retained their G-PUM* registrations,
before being reassigned to other countries.

HTH
ATB
Paul

calypsos
August 31st, 2009, 03:09
Oddly enough my old Puma unit in the RAF used the call-sign Tiger quite often, this was because of it having a tiger on the squadron crest though!

ivanohe
September 7th, 2009, 05:41
Hi,

I'm waiting for the Nemeth's EC225.
I have create the SAR South Korea repaint.
Korea has SAR EC225, not Super Puma !!!! But i was impatient...

http://www.izipik.com/images/200909/07/j96ij0mo8ng3hft72i-2009-9-6_ec225_fsx_s2.jpg

http://www.izipik.com/images/200909/07/mjpawnh7sxttm57kcb-2009-9-6_ec225_fsx_s3.jpg

CODY
September 7th, 2009, 06:17
WOW!
Ivanhoe...Nicely done!
There are a couple of schemes I wanted to do but couldn't find the Asian style fonts for them!
This is a thing of beauty.....

Jeff

MCDesigns
September 7th, 2009, 09:07
Agreed, really nice work ivanohe!! :ernae::ernae:

And welcome to SOH, hope to see more from you!

CG_1976
September 7th, 2009, 09:41
Welcome to SOH and there is always room for a SAR helo be it real or fictional. Beautiful paint and bright perfect for SAR.

ivanohe
September 7th, 2009, 12:40
Many thanks for your messages. Some new pictures...
For CODY: i don't used Asian style fonts. I draw on PsP layer from original and real Eurocopter painter job.

http://www.izipik.com/images/200909/07/h3gmb3hx0d17ig4xsv-2009-9-7_21-58-31-155.jpg

http://www.izipik.com/images/200909/07/l7v5ncjaetqlmkm2im-2009-9-7_22-0-36-82.jpg

http://www.izipik.com/images/200909/07/i8ty19i4ez5sna805q-2009-9-7_22-1-42-97.jpg

CODY
September 7th, 2009, 15:03
Ahhhh Yes....the old sit down hold your tongue just right and hand draw them!:bump:
Here's one I would like to do...B-HRL. But this is as close a picture as I could find...
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Hong-Kong-Government/Eurocopter-AS-332L2-Super/1305810/L/

Still may do her...

Jeff

MCDesigns
September 7th, 2009, 15:05
Ahhhh Yes....the old sit down hold your tongue just right and hand draw them!:bump:
Here's one I would like to do...B-HRL. But this is as close a picture as I could find...
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Hong-Kong-Government/Eurocopter-AS-332L2-Super/1305810/L/

Still may do her...

Jeff

I'd like to see that one as well.

CODY
September 7th, 2009, 17:07
I'd like to see that one as well.

I'll see what I can do..But if the Cub paint kit comes out soon...:running:..All bets are off!:wiggle:

Jeff

Fireball6
September 8th, 2009, 06:21
I have started another one - still w.i.p - need a lot more of work, but want to let you know that she will be out before the weekend..... (evtl. 2 Color-Variants)

Scandinavian
September 21st, 2009, 13:23
Sorry to bump this but Cody, are there any updates on the Norsk Helikopter paint you previewed earlier?

Here's a repaint I did, just to contribute something to this post. It's available on flightsim.com