PDA

View Full Version : Me-262 Expansion Pack released!

mike_cyul
August 22nd, 2009, 07:40
A little something for WWII buffs. :)

It's taken a while, but the expansion pack is finally here. It consists of three rare types of the famous Me-262:

1. Me-262B-1a/U1 Two-seat Nightfighter
2. Me-262A-1a/U4 "Pulkzerstörer", with the awesome 50 mm Cannon
3. Me-262A-4a/U3 Reconnaissance version

Not a great deal of added functionality over the standard Me-262s released earlier, primarily due to the fact that in many cases (especially in the case of the Nightfighter) no one knows exactly how much of the equipment worked, even today. Even the Smithsonian's NASM couldn't help. It still took a great deal of work to reconstruct the two-seater nightfighter as accurately as available information allows, and it was an enjoyable challenge.

A special thanks goes to Mark (aka 'Shessi'), who provided many photos of the Me-262 Nightfighter presently in South Africa.

Perhaps someone like Rob Barendregt can come up with a suitable cannon effect for the "Pulkzerstörer". Aside from the cannon, the completely re-designed nosewheel retraction system was an interesting assembly to put together.

The Reconnaissance version is different from the earlier FS9 type, in that this is one of those with one special cannon installation, as well - better than being completely unarmed, especially at that stage of the war, I'm guessing!

I should also add that the download comes without the historically accurate fin markings, but replacement textures can be downloaded from the website.

http://www.flight-replicas.com/Me-262NF_FSX.htm

Mike

grunau_baby
August 22nd, 2009, 07:55
That two-seater night fighter is simply adorable, WOW:applause:

Thanks Mike!!!
Alex

Panther_99FS
August 22nd, 2009, 08:30
:applause::applause::applause:

Mithrin
August 22nd, 2009, 08:43
TATTATTATTATTAKABOOM. Scored another one. Muhahahahahaha. Yeeeehaw. Super geil gemacht!
Gotta love 50mm blowup thingies! Thanks a bunch!:ernae: *hickup*

gajit
August 22nd, 2009, 08:59
:applause::applause::applause: That looks great. I dont think i can get away with buying another addon today (Bought 2) so will be back with my cred card ASAP.

MCDesigns
August 22nd, 2009, 09:03
:ernae::ernae:

Warrant
August 22nd, 2009, 09:08
What is this: Let's all publish adorable and must have aircraft over sudden weekend?????:isadizzy:

Awsome job! :ernae::ernae::ernae:

Purchased the L-39 recently, and today the F-16D. Still have to master the excellent freeware Mir 2000-5, and now i need to have this vintage beauty. My poor, POOR bank account :mixedsmi:

Have to convince the wife the flowers from the public garden are actually from the local flower shop (must find and old wrapper...must find and old wrapper...must find and old wrapper):monkies:

Stickshaker
August 22nd, 2009, 10:34
Great news, Mike!

MudMarine
August 22nd, 2009, 11:02
On my pay day must get list!! That and a Huey.

peter12213
August 22nd, 2009, 15:53
I'm dying for that nightfighter its gorgeous and the Pulkzerstörer is just crazy but I love it! I'm properly skint now too!!

Warrant
August 24th, 2009, 07:52
Excellent addition to FSX.

There are two minor things about it:

1) The dual seat version still only has a DVC seat programmed in the rear (as with the other one in the previous pack.
2) This release does not get the attention it deserves due to a wide variety of other big releases at the same time.

IOW; Great product! :medals::medals::medals:

Are you planning on other versions of the Schwalbe (Mistel perhaps?)

Stickshaker
August 24th, 2009, 13:33
Indeed, Warrant, I looked in the manual, the checklists, the FSX Settings tab and the aircraft.cfg, but nowhere could I find how to get into the front cockpit of the nightfighter. Mike, help… please!!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

mike_cyul
August 24th, 2009, 18:22
Hi there. Sorry, I just assumed that users would do as in other cockpits when they want to move around - in this case, Ctrl-Backspace will move you forward, and Ctrl-Enter will move you back. Don't forget to click to remove the pilot head when going forward, using the bolt clickspot!

Mike

Stickshaker
August 25th, 2009, 13:23
Mike, that certainly is a solution but with some planes (like the A2A Stratocruiser) you can change stations by pressing the ‘A’ key. Would that be difficult to implement, or can you perhaps tell us how to do it ourselves? Then we have the correct position of the eyepoint at the press of a button.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
It this is possible, thanks!

rohan
August 25th, 2009, 21:06
Mike,
I'm a little confused about whether this release could be applied to the CD released by Flight1, since their web page seems to show that the models included here already appear to be on the CD. Please can you clarify whether this is the case,
thanks and best regards,
Ro
:icon29:

Cerberus
August 25th, 2009, 21:21
Forgot to mention I got the planes up at SkyUnlimited Today.

Adding a camera position to the aircraft.cfg for the front cockpit should be a piece of cake for someone with a little experience. I'm gonna be real busy but if I get the time I might take a swing at it.

mike_cyul
August 26th, 2009, 05:17
Mike, that certainly is a solution but with some planes (like the A2A Stratocruiser) you can change stations by pressing the ‘A’ key. Would that be difficult to implement, or can you perhaps tell us how to do it ourselves? Then we have the correct position of the eyepoint at the press of a button.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
It this is possible, thanks!

Not a problem, I have put together the new viewpoints. I'm just going to do a small change to the model itself, so that the pilots will remain visible in external view, and will upload a new version for download. I'll get that to the vendors and on my website today.

Mike

mike_cyul
August 26th, 2009, 05:20
Mike,
I'm a little confused about whether this release could be applied to the CD released by Flight1, since their web page seems to show that the models included here already appear to be on the CD. Please can you clarify whether this is the case,
thanks and best regards,
Ro
:icon29:

Hi Rohan. Yes, the new Me-262's are included in the new Flight1 CD (although obviously will not be eligible for the new camera views discussed above).

Mike

mike_cyul
August 26th, 2009, 08:30
The new installers containing the new camera views and one small model mod have been sent to the vendors, and will be available as soon as they are able to update their sites (new installer has _v11 appended).

The Flight Replicas site has already been updated. Existing users just need to download again, using your original download url.

Btw, the new VC camera views work just as well on the earlier 262B Trainer model. Cut and paste the following into your aircraft.cfg, and you're good to go:

[CameraDefinition.1]
Title = "Rear Seat"
Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.65
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=100
HeadingPanRate=100
InitialXyz=0.0, 0.01, -0.08
InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.2]
Title = "Front Seat"
Guid = {14bf89b3-5ffc-4834-88ed-d0bc527373f9}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.65
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=100
HeadingPanRate=100
InitialXyz=0.0, 0.01, 0.90
InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

Mike

rohan
August 26th, 2009, 08:42
Mike,
thank you muchly for that. I'm intrigued by your reference to "the new Flight1 CD" - are you actually saying that it has been updated and hence that there are two different versions of the disc on the shelves ? I assume that you actually used the word "new" simply because it was only recently published, but thought I had better check to avoid being sorry when I finally have the chance to buy the CD (hopefully next month),
best regards, and thanks so much for all your wonderful Messerschmidts,
Ro
:ernae:

mike_cyul
August 26th, 2009, 08:49
Mike,
thank you muchly for that. I'm intrigued by your reference to "the new Flight1 CD" - are you actually saying that it has been updated and hence that there are two different versions of the disc on the shelves ? I assume that you actually used the word "new" simply because it was only recently published, but thought I had better check to avoid being sorry when I finally have the chance to buy the CD (hopefully next month),
best regards, and thanks so much for all your wonderful Messerschmidts,
Ro

No, their CD hasn't been updated - you're correct that it was just a reference to its recent release. :)

Mike

rohan
August 26th, 2009, 10:00
Mike,
thank you muchly for that - looking forward to getting that CD
:icon29::guinness::medals:

best regards,
Ro

MudMarine
August 26th, 2009, 11:31
Two more days until pay-day!!:applause:

Stickshaker
August 26th, 2009, 11:47
Thanks for this excellent service, Mike!

Stickshaker
August 29th, 2009, 00:31
Hello Mike,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I re-downloaded the Expansion pack twice from your site, using my original download link (the last time yesterday evening), but each time got the original version, without the new camera positions (I checked that in the cfg file after installation). Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?<o:p></o:p>
Thanks!

mike_cyul
August 29th, 2009, 05:40
Hello Mike,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I re-downloaded the Expansion pack twice from your site, using my original download link (the last time yesterday evening), but each time got the original version, without the new camera positions (I checked that in the cfg file after installation). Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?<o:p></o:p>
Thanks!

I'm away for the weekend, but I'll look into it as soon as I'm back - I have the feeling the download link is still pointing towards the old installer. New purchasers are getting the updated version without problem.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll contact the store manager and have that fixed soon.

Mike

Wingmate
August 29th, 2009, 06:11
How come this version wasn't included :icon_lol:
http://www.lvp.lt/old/components/com_akogallery/img_pictures/me262shark.jpg

Stickshaker
August 29th, 2009, 08:25
Thanks Mike, I'll just wait a while. Hope my download link won't expire.

mike_cyul
August 30th, 2009, 14:52
Thanks Mike, I'll just wait a while. Hope my download link won't expire.

Don't worry, you'll get it even if the present link expires. :)

Mike

Stickshaker
September 6th, 2009, 06:22
It's a fantastic plane, Mike! I'm very glad I can at last fly the nightfighter. Flying the plane at night is very atmospheric.
Nice pic, Wingmate. Did you make it yourself?

Wingmate
September 6th, 2009, 06:46
No I found it on the net I wish I could draw that good though

gajit
September 18th, 2009, 15:37
HI Mike

Sorry to take so long to get around to purchasing but this extension is fantastic. Now all I need is the lancaster to shoot :jump:

peter12213
September 18th, 2009, 15:45
thank God Gajit i'm so glad you got this mate, give us some shots of you in her too mate!!
I'm gunna post some right now!

gajit
September 18th, 2009, 15:55
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/me.jpg

peter12213
September 18th, 2009, 16:20
Here we go on my part too, we had the same Idea's I think mate!!

Best wishes big man!! These are for you!
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8817/20099191311421.png
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9493/20099191814750.png
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1509/20099191830734.png

Great minds think alike, I think weve got the same REX settings too I think, haha!
Best wishes Gajit mate ... Pete!

Ohh aye and when you find out what ques the guns let me know lol as the manual doesn't seem to tell ta but the effects are in place!

peter12213
September 18th, 2009, 16:41
Two more mate, I'm at 22 thousand ft here and theres no visable oxy switch so this pilot apart from being a coward (This was the first intact 262 surrendered to the Americans) is also immune to hypoxia lol, well at least I can't seem to find the oxy supply anway (No switch or blinker but it aint the expansion as you can see) so my pilot is unmasked lol!

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4003/20099191334031.png

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8259/200991913557640.png

Imagine having to putty all those rivets lol what a job, Ive been painting my new shed today, and well Its nice to relax with a few cans now lol, wha better than this to do it in especially as I havent a clue how to use it properly yet mate!
Best wishes mate Pete.

peter12213
September 18th, 2009, 17:08
Need a nowotny paint Though
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/dd/WalterNowotny.jpeg/250px-WalterNowotny.jpeg

He got a phone call from the Fuhrer himself while he was out on the drink, he was surounded by women who crowed around him to here hitlers voice and the guy's story who I read said they were so hung over that they were both as white as chease when they met him lol, infact the guy who's story it was said he waited outside because he was ill from the drink, he said Nowy formally introduced him on the way out and he was very embarased lol, personally I admire this guy but not the Nazi's just to clarify that!!
It remains unclear whether Nowotny was killed due to engine failure or whether he was shot down by the USAAF, Ernest Fiebelkorn and Edward "Buddy" Haydon east of hesepe. In recent years, United States military historians proposed that Nowotny's victor may have been P-51D pilot Lt Robert W. Stevens of the 364th. Many witnesses observed Nowotny's Me 262 A-1a Werk Nummer 110 400 (factory number) "White 8" dive vertically out of the clouds and crash at Epe, 2.5 kilometres (1.6 mi) east of Hesepe. The Wehrmacht announced his death on 9 November 1944.

His score was over 250, which in my book earns respect a lot of respect!
http://www.acepilots.com/german/me26201.jpg

We've got to honour Him by painting his bird!!

Any chance Gajit mate?

gajit
September 18th, 2009, 21:07
Great screenshots great mate :ernae:

The thing is Im finding that i cannot complete repaints as i dont seem to be able to finish them the the correct shine and without saving them with mipmaps so the detail goes blurry.

I will have a look and let you know if I start the Nowortny scheme

gajit
September 19th, 2009, 02:34
Update - Ive started it

mike_cyul
September 19th, 2009, 04:33
Two more mate, I'm at 22 thousand ft here and theres no visable oxy switch so this pilot apart from being a coward (This was the first intact 262 surrendered to the Americans) is also immune to hypoxia lol, well at least I can't seem to find the oxy supply anway (No switch or blinker but it aint the expansion as you can see) so my pilot is unmasked lol!

Best wishes mate Pete.

Hi Pete. Did you click on the blue oxygen tap, on the left-forward console?

Mike

peter12213
September 19th, 2009, 04:42
Ahh ok I'll try that!

gajit
September 19th, 2009, 05:01
Got a few bits to do - man those slats are hard to match to the wing.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-40.jpg

txnetcop
September 19th, 2009, 06:40
I love that nightfighter version Mike... SWEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT! Best dang cockpits I ever saw as well!
Ted

gajit
September 19th, 2009, 07:57
Almost completed - i will upload here at SOH later today.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-41.jpg

peter12213
September 19th, 2009, 09:43
Thanks Gajit mate, its a beauty too!:ernae:

gajit
September 19th, 2009, 14:48
Tx - not bad as I dont think there is a paint kit. Keep checking the Addons here now as I have uploaed it.

Well done again Mike at Flight Replicas for an excellent all round product. Looking forward to the Super Cub :ernae:

gajit
September 21st, 2009, 08:10
Download now available

peter12213
September 21st, 2009, 13:23
Disregard my email mate Ive got it, many thanks!:ernae:

CBris
October 1st, 2009, 05:23
Mike,

I wouldn't "normally" have bought a "fast mover", not even a WW2 classic and favourite of mine. But I won one at the Aerosoft convention last weekend - at the Guder charity stand.

It is installed and I am impressed! Smooth as a baby's bottom! Even though it is fast... dang! I just missed Munich airport - I am not descending or slowing fast enough. I should be flyingand not typing these lauds...

Anyways... where's the paintkit pretty please?

"Sorry Munich, I missed. I guess I had better try to aim at Hamburg - I might get down by there..."

peter12213
October 1st, 2009, 05:27
Nice Chris glad your enjoying this great addon!

mike_cyul
October 1st, 2009, 08:30
Mike,

I wouldn't "normally" have bought a "fast mover", not even a WW2 classic and favourite of mine. But I won one at the Aerosoft convention last weekend - at the Guder charity stand.

It is installed and I am impressed! Smooth as a baby's bottom! Even though it is fast... dang! I just missed Munich airport - I am not descending or slowing fast enough. I should be flyingand not typing these lauds...

Anyways... where's the paintkit pretty please?

"Sorry Munich, I missed. I guess I had better try to aim at Hamburg - I might get down by there..."

For once, I didn't include a paintkit, as these aircraft really didn't have that many schemes. If you have the paintkit for the Me-262 for FSX, that will work.

Mike

CBris
October 1st, 2009, 09:20
'Scuse the silly question, but I have the ME-262 for FSX - that's the one I meant I had won. It has 7 models / 10 paints. So where can I find that one - or do you mean the FS9 paintkit? In which case where is that one ;)

mike_cyul
October 1st, 2009, 11:00
'Scuse the silly question, but I have the ME-262 for FSX - that's the one I meant I had won. It has 7 models / 10 paints. So where can I find that one - or do you mean the FS9 paintkit? In which case where is that one ;)

Oh, I see; sorry! It's here: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Messerschmitt Me-262A-1a FSX

Mike

CBris
October 1st, 2009, 11:41
Oh... clever... Thanks