PDA

View Full Version : PNG Bush Pilot video

dswo
August 22nd, 2009, 07:06
UUhJ4EMGncA

This is an ad for Raw Grit: PNG Bush Pilot. I came across it while viewing the ad for IRIS' new F-16. I'm currently working through the sequel, Extreme Bush Trekker. The mountain strips (which there are more of in EBT) are much harder to get into than the coastal ones, but offer some great views once you get there.

Graham, if you're reading this: is there really a swimming pool up on Bambu?

Boomer
August 22nd, 2009, 07:26
I have both the EBT & enjoy them greatly, in fact that where I do 90% of my flying right now.

wantok
August 22nd, 2009, 10:25
UUhJ4EMGncA
Graham, if you're reading this: is there really a swimming pool up on Bambu?

Yep, a local politician's house used to be up there with pool and all. Such eccentricities (by PNG standards) can be afforded only by greedy fatcat politicians at the expense of local villages. Last I heard, he's no longer in politics and could not afford such luxuries. Anyway, I thought I'd recreate it just to add extracurricular "entertainment" to bushpilots role playing tour/freight runs using utilities such as Air Hauler. This could be their weekend getaway for what it's worth.

As for the video, it is not our official trailer, per se, because the poster decided to post it without consultating me thoroughly throughout production. He did not even let me view it and get final approval before posting. As a result, a few unsightly stuff gets thrown in the clip, such as the large levitating boulder at WASU. Also, he opted to leave out coconut trees and other vegetation from the clip (and I can only assume) to reduce frame hits while recording with fraps. Coconuts are the mainstay of the lowland/islands region of PNG and I guess the selling islands theme of RG.