PDA

View Full Version : Landing light will not stay on

Navy Chief
October 22nd, 2008, 12:01
This is something I just noticed recently. When I select the Landing Light, it momentarily flashes on, but immediately goes back off again.

Even if I select "L" for all lights, the same thing happens.

If I pull up the switches display, (take for example a Beechcraft Twin), the switch does show off. If I try to select it to ON, it moves there, and then toggles off.

Anyway to fix this?

It may be the source of other switch problems I am having.

NC

Roger
October 22nd, 2008, 12:54
Some landing lights only switch on when the gear is lowered but does this happen with all aircraft?

Navy Chief
October 22nd, 2008, 13:49
Will check more, but this is the second one I have tried.

NC

harleyman
October 22nd, 2008, 14:01
Never had that problem..Its as if something else is crossed with that command or something.....:banghead:

Lionheart
October 22nd, 2008, 14:07
It does sound like something is over-riding your system. Doors will do this when they are having a racing gauge, (running commands over and over, causing confusion.. sounds like a joke, but it happens).

Also, if you have too many lights on a plane, then some will blink and turn back off.

If you have Lewis Lights 'on top' of regular landing lights, this could be the culprit. Dual light installations.

Bill

Navy Chief
October 22nd, 2008, 14:14
maybe if I delete my fsx.cfg file, and regenerate?

NC

Carvalho
October 22nd, 2008, 19:00
NC, I agree with Lionhearth, usually this happens when you have some add-on changing the lights, like GEX and run it before install Lewis Lights.In his case rebuilt the FSX.cfg doesn't help, it's better reinstall the Shockwave Lights if you have.

AckAck
October 22nd, 2008, 19:13
I'm not talking from experience here, but wasn't there a question about Shockwave lights before? Unless it was full night, lights would not stay on? Wasn't there a setting somewhere where you can check that the lights work all the time, otherwise they shut off during the day to keep the beam textures from showing up (and looking awkward) during the daytime.

That said, I don't have the Shockwave lights, but I seem to remember a conversation about this not horribly long ago.

Brian