PDA

View Full Version : Adding Fixed Camera View

Timm
August 21st, 2009, 13:03
Hi Guy,
Don't know if this will help anyone but I found this little tweak for adding the fixed Camera mode. It seems that this view was some how missed out when FSX was first delivered. I did some searching and found this Fixed View Camera (http://forums.flightsim.com/fswiki/index.php/FSX_FIXED_VIEW_CAMERA) and how to add this view to FSX. Know if any one else wants this camera you need to un-hide FSX Camera config, you should find it here C:/Documents and Settings/User/Application Data/Microsoft/FSX. you should see the camera config there. Just add the below camera to the config and you will have a new view.Timm

[CameraDefinition.012]
Title = Fixed View
Guid = {EFB2C109-C217-4425-9470-165DB3377A88}
Description = This is the description of the Fixed View
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = FixedChase
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = FALSE
Transition = Yes
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category = Outside
ClipMode = Spot
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0

harleyman
August 22nd, 2009, 02:18
Great...Thanks Timm...Good tip to have here...:applause:

Geoff
March 21st, 2010, 20:07
Hi Timm,

Tried this several times without success. Fixed View doesn't show up in the Views menu so it must be somewhere else - where though? Or is there another step to be taken to achieve this? Thanks

Hi Guy,
Don't know if this will help anyone but I found this little tweak for adding the fixed Camera mode. It seems that this view was some how missed out when FSX was first delivered. I did some searching and found this Fixed View Camera (http://forums.flightsim.com/fswiki/index.php/FSX_FIXED_VIEW_CAMERA) and how to add this view to FSX. Know if any one else wants this camera you need to un-hide FSX Camera config, you should find it here C:/Documents and Settings/User/Application Data/Microsoft/FSX. you should see the camera config there. Just add the below camera to the config and you will have a new view.Timm

[CameraDefinition.012]
Title = Fixed View
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = FixedChase
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = FALSE
Transition = Yes
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category = Outside
ClipMode = Spot
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0

Geoff
March 21st, 2010, 20:29
Hi again Timm,

Please forget my post of 20 mins ago - I've found it!! Works a treat so thankyou very much.

Geoff of Nelson, N.Z.

Hi Guy,

[CameraDefinition.012]
Title = Fixed View
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = FixedChase
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes