PDA

View Full Version : Just Flight Releases Constellation Professsional

JayKae
August 20th, 2009, 16:47
http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=288

FYI guys :) :)

Pepere
August 20th, 2009, 17:17
Check again. I think it's only for advace orders of the box version?

David

papab
August 20th, 2009, 18:01
Check again. I think it's only for advace orders of the box version?

David
If you notice on the first screen it says download version ,click on More info tab and the box to click says "box" version...

Clicking on that brings to the Box screen and the area to click says "download" version

Keeps looping between the two screens

Think sumpin is broke.....

I sent them an email

Rick

Ian Warren
August 20th, 2009, 19:12
The link clicked over pointing out file size '171 megs' 0400 NZ time this morn , I guess they are currently handing out the hardhats :medals: for the onslaught :running::running::running::running::running::runn ing::running:........:wavey:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

JayKae
August 20th, 2009, 23:07
Hmmmm lol when I went to the page it had a 'Buy Now' ( or something similar) box on it, but as I was on my way out I did not click it, sorry if I made anyone happy with a non-released product.

deathfromafar
August 20th, 2009, 23:19
LOL, seems this happened once before with this team didn't it? The Mosquito wasn't it? Kinda nuts I'd say.
Looks great! Looking forward to buying me one in the near future. Whoever get's it first, spill the beans please!

tigisfat
August 21st, 2009, 00:15
This is actually is so important to me that I can't handle a letdown. I'm going to have to sit this out for a few weeks to find out if it's really good or not.

JayKae
August 21st, 2009, 01:41
Ok, the buy download link is back on that page now :) On my way to buy now!!

papab
August 21st, 2009, 01:44
Ok, the buy download link is back on that page now :) On my way to buy now!!

Yep working now

Downloading as we speak!!!!
Rick

Ian Warren
August 21st, 2009, 02:16
Good luck with engine starts boys and girls :icon_lol:

An-225
August 21st, 2009, 02:44
Ah, the world's finest three engined airliner is released. Can't wait for the L-1049G!

jimjones
August 21st, 2009, 02:51
DSL lite was downloading twice as fast on server 2 than server 1. 84 vs 40. 171 mb in 34 min. Now to install.

papab
August 21st, 2009, 02:52
Easy to start, fun to fly and those squealing brakes!!!

Ian Warren
August 21st, 2009, 03:25
Sweet Screens papab , people have cottoned on and the NZ's links have crawled ... The Most hightly sought after Connie .. after many years , Baz , many versions .. bring it on ! ...... :running:

DSbiggles
August 21st, 2009, 03:27
Hi folks!

The download version of Constellation Professional is now officially released.
The download is priced at £19.66 / €24.95 / $29.99 and a boxed version (with full printed manual) will be released on the 18th September and is available to pre-order now. The price is the same as for the Download version.

Two further packages of additional aircraft for Constellation Professional will be released in early September.

Hope you like it!

jimjones
August 21st, 2009, 03:38
Guess this answers the "caps" question.:icon_lol:

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/jimjones_04/connie01.jpg

jimjones
August 21st, 2009, 04:35
Nice night views, except passenger cabin seems to be missing some DX10 textures.

Did not see any internal shadows in DX10.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/jimjones_04/connie02.jpg

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/jimjones_04/connie03.jpg

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/jimjones_04/connie04.jpg

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/jimjones_04/connie05.jpg

Boomer
August 21st, 2009, 04:49
Looks quite nice, I will have to get this as I have always had a love affair with the Constellation.

There has to be allot of polys for all that detail. How is it on frames?

AussieMan
August 21st, 2009, 05:18
I'll wait for the AH version

Cheers
Pat

Ian Warren
August 21st, 2009, 05:21
Hi folks!
Two further packages of additional aircraft for Constellation Professional will be released in early September.
Hope you like it!
DSbiggles :icon_lol: Ha .. lol , its people like you with a name like that ... that now thru my work place they simply call me Biggles .... the Connie in her Olive drab .. well.. why not lets start from the beginning ! , :engel016: a world tour mm in this could be fun , i did one ..... what century is this !

September , is now my fave month .... :running::running::running::running::running:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Ian Warren
August 21st, 2009, 05:27
I'll wait for the AH version

Cheers
Pat
Pat , this is the AH version :icon_lol: and your going to love it :jump:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

DSbiggles
August 21st, 2009, 06:43
now thru my work place they simply call me Biggles .... <INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

You should hear what they call me when I'm not in the office!

Glad to see the Connie airborne. Now it's time to concentrate on Airshow Pilot. No wicked for the peaceful!

All the best

Dermot

Lateral-G
August 21st, 2009, 09:28
Ah, the world's finest three engined airliner is released. Can't wait for the L-1049G!

I thought that was the B-377 :icon_lol:

-G-

ManuelL
August 21st, 2009, 09:39
Hi,

it sure looks good, but the product page doesn't say much about realism features and "systems depth". I'd be happy if one of you could share some impressions.

Thanks a lot!
Manuel

hobofat
August 21st, 2009, 10:36
I thought that was the B-377 :icon_lol:

-G-

I thought the 377 was more of a twin :) At least, when I fly A2A's version that's what happens to me!

Roger
August 21st, 2009, 11:04
It's a great piece of modelling. It looks great and it gives me time to learn about all the knobs and levers without crashing and burning every flight. Oh and I'm a sucker for working wipers...that animation is superb!:applause:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/jfc-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/jfc-2.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/jfc-3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/jfc-4.jpg

Kowalski65
August 21st, 2009, 11:46
I thought the 377 was more of a twin :) At least, when I fly A2A's version that's what happens to me!

Mine is more of a glider:mixedsmi:

GypsyBaron
August 21st, 2009, 14:58
Mine is more of a glider:mixedsmi:
Hummm...I've got over 250 hours in the A2A B377 and have
only lost 2 engines inflight. I currently have a #3 with
150+ hours on it and am just continuing to fly it just
to see what failure mode will eventually occur :)

As to the Connie, in the 250-300 missions I flew as an
aircrewman aboard NC-121J's in Viet Nam and out of
Pax River, I can't recall ever having lost an engine.
I do know we consumed a copious quantity of oil,
much of which we would wipe off the aircraft after
each mission with rags soaked in avgas :)

Paul

peter12213
August 21st, 2009, 15:18
cool story!!

Ian Warren
August 21st, 2009, 18:01
Paul , NC-121J's :icon_lol: Me a mild mannered Kiwi fella that had a C121'J' trundle past as it taxied to the USNavy revetment .. it was 'Pegasus' and could have been 'Phoenix' in my latter years as a 7 or 8 year old , obviously like todays movies ... the image was stamped in my mind ! , the Connie .. yip
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/DonsCONNIELarge.jpg

papab
August 21st, 2009, 18:21
Fun with REX & FTX..

jimjones
August 22nd, 2009, 02:31
I have a bit of affection for the Connie in that it provided my first commercial flight. I had just graduated from engineering school to take a job in Canoga Park, CA with North American Aviation, Rockedyne as a test engineer of exotic fuel combinations in rocket engines.

I boarded a Connie in the afternoon at Standiford Field, as it was known then, now KSDF. The takeoff was exhilerating, but the departure was to separate me from family for two years. We made a couple of stops, one in St. Louis and another somewhere in Kansas. The flights were smooth until late in the evening we encountered a thunderstorm the likes of which I've not encountered since in a plane. The plane bounced wildly in the turbulence and frequent lightning illuminated the otherwise dark interior of the plane. Sleep was initially almost impossible, but after what seemed like hours of fear, I drifted into a fitful slumber. Morning was breaking as we approached L.A. and the storm was left far behind. The long smooth approach into the airport was my first impression of just how large the L.A. area was.

That was my one and only Connie flight but it instilled a vivid memory. Thus my interest in having the Connie in my virtual hangar.

doublecool
August 22nd, 2009, 05:01
She looks Beautiful :applause::applause::applause:

What variation used the gear as speed breaks it really was a great idea

Roger
August 22nd, 2009, 05:38
I have a bit of affection for the Connie in that it provided my first commercial flight. I had just graduated from engineering school to take a job in Canoga Park, CA with North American Aviation, Rockedyne as a test engineer of exotic fuel combinations in rocket engines.

I boarded a Connie in the afternoon at Standiford Field, as it was known then, now KSDF. The takeoff was exhilerating, but the departure was to separate me from family for two years. We made a couple of stops, one in St. Louis and another somewhere in Kansas. The flights were smooth until late in the evening we encountered a thunderstorm the likes of which I've not encountered since in a plane. The plane bounced wildly in the turbulence and frequent lightning illuminated the otherwise dark interior of the plane. Sleep was initially almost impossible, but after what seemed like hours of fear, I drifted into a fitful slumber. Morning was breaking as we approached L.A. and the storm was left far behind. The long smooth approach into the airport was my first impression of just how large the L.A. area was.

That was my one and only Connie flight but it instilled a vivid memory. Thus my interest in having the Connie in my virtual hangar.

Thanks for sharing that memory Jim!

jimjones
August 22nd, 2009, 11:07
Roger, thanks and your welcome.

Question folks. Are any tooltips showing up for any of the switches, buttons, etc. Sure would be helpful at times.

The documentation mentions tooltips twice, once for uncaging the pitch adjustment in autopilot and another time for setting and showing the standard pressure on the altimeter. These don't seem to work for me. Perhaps the designers did not follow the design specs, and the documention writer used the specs to prepare the docs.

CG_1976
August 22nd, 2009, 14:12
Ok is one of the Cubana ones included or will that wait on one of our fine painters pallets.

Warrant
August 22nd, 2009, 14:58
Is the Connie available somewhere where they accept PayPal? :bump:

bazzar
August 22nd, 2009, 15:16
Hi people,

Thanks for the kind comments and some of you who have taken time out to email personally, I am deeply touched (you knew that anyway...:engel016:)
and grateful. This has been a big labour of love for us and represents many hours of toil and trouble, for the team and the fellas at Just Flight.

Just a few points:

We are not selling the Connie as we have a new agreement with JF for building under exclusive contracts whic do not permit AH sales.

However, the release will be updated and fixes made exactly like our past stuff so no changes there.

The add-on packs contain L749, C121J and EC121K and L1049 Super Connies with and without tanks and radar noses.

"Phoenix" is included along with our "pro paint" pack which hopefully makes it a breeze for anyone to produce front-line schemes off the bat.

As to depth, no, we don't have Accu-sim for obvious reasons but she's modelled and programmed with a wealth of stuff which will keep you busy for months!

I have a few people I need to thank for their time and efforts on this one and I will be getting round to each of you individually in due course.

Happy flying people and please have bags of fun. :engel016:

dharris
August 22nd, 2009, 17:37
Please no accusim. Not necessary unless you have multiple personallites. Great work Baz.:ernae:

Ian Warren
August 22nd, 2009, 22:08
Hi people,

The add-on packs contain L749, C121J and EC121K and L1049 Super Connies with and without tanks and radar noses.

"Phoenix" is included along with our "pro paint" pack which hopefully makes it a breeze for anyone to produce front-line schemes off the bat.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/8Large-37.jpg

Baz , :icon_lol: You and this has really made my weekend ! Just a sweet Thankyou I love it ! :medals:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

DSbiggles
August 24th, 2009, 01:22
Is the Connie available somewhere where they accept PayPal? :bump:

I'm afraid we don't take PayPal. "Why not?" you ask "everyone else does."

The 'easy' answer is that it is expensive. However, in the grand scheme of things, that's not the problem. Our (my) main objection is that as a buyer you have little protection if your account is compromised. Because PP has a direct debit mandate on your bank account, any money that is spent by someone nicking your account will be taken from you and if you've ever tried contacting PayPal you will know that it's not the same as calling up your bank or credit card company to report a fraud. Meanwhile, if the hacker uses your credit card through PayPal it's you that has to sort it out with your credit card company. PayPal is simply obeying orders.

As a seller, there is the same direct debit issue - very risky if it's a substantial fraud and you have spent the cash in good faith. We know of a small trader who inadvertantly defaulted on his mortgage payments thanks to PayPal taking back 'their' money two months after a fraudulent sale. They simply sent him an e-mail saying the money had gone and to take it up with his buyer.

Bottom line is that if you use your credit card to buy (or accept credit cards as a seller) and anything goes wrong, you can deal directly with the credit card company to resolve it. With PP you are going via a third party and the Ebay forums are well populated by disgruntled users from both sides of the till.

There! Rant over.

hobofat
August 24th, 2009, 02:39
I'm afraid we don't take PayPal. "Why not?" you ask "everyone else does."

The 'easy' answer is that it is expensive. However, in the grand scheme of things, that's not the problem. Our (my) main objection is that as a buyer you have little protection if your account is compromised. Because PP has a direct debit mandate on your bank account, any money that is spent by someone nicking your account will be taken from you and if you've ever tried contacting PayPal you will know that it's not the same as calling up your bank or credit card company to report a fraud. Meanwhile, if the hacker uses your credit card through PayPal it's you that has to sort it out with your credit card company. PayPal is simply obeying orders.

As a seller, there is the same direct debit issue - very risky if it's a substantial fraud and you have spent the cash in good faith. We know of a small trader who inadvertantly defaulted on his mortgage payments thanks to PayPal taking back 'their' money two months after a fraudulent sale. They simply sent him an e-mail saying the money had gone and to take it up with his buyer.

Bottom line is that if you use your credit card to buy (or accept credit cards as a seller) and anything goes wrong, you can deal directly with the credit card company to resolve it. With PP you are going via a third party and the Ebay forums are well populated by disgruntled users from both sides of the till.

There! Rant over.

PP only has direct debit access to your account if you give them your bank routing number or debit card. I utilize PP with my credit card simply because I prefer to only divulge my CC to one vendor, rather than many different vendors all over the web. My purchases with PP via my credit card have the same consumer protections that purchasing directly from a vendor with a credit card has, except since I only use PP I know who to blame if my CC starts getting weird charges.

I'm not arguing for you to accept PP, just informing other forum readers that read your summary that if they use PP there is no need to link a bank account directly to PP, you can use a credit card. I personally give as little information as I can get away with, and choose the safest option. If you do make a purchase online, or use PP, as DSBiggles correctly writes, a debit card or using a direct account, is a dangerous way to go.

papab
August 24th, 2009, 03:11
Hi people,

Thanks for the kind comments and some of you who have taken time out to email personally, I am deeply touched (you knew that anyway...:engel016:)
and grateful. This has been a big labour of love for us and represents many hours of toil and trouble, for the team and the fellas at Just Flight.

Just a few points:

We are not selling the Connie as we have a new agreement with JF for building under exclusive contracts whic do not permit AH sales.

However, the release will be updated and fixes made exactly like our past stuff so no changes there.

As to depth, no, we don't have Accu-sim for obvious reasons but she's modelled and programmed with a wealth of stuff which will keep you busy for months!

I have a few people I need to thank for their time and efforts on this one and I will be getting round to each of you individually in due course.

Ready for flight..

AussieMan
August 24th, 2009, 03:54
Pat , this is the AH version :icon_lol: and your going to love it :jump:

<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

I know it is Ian but in the past I have been a big supporter of AH and would have preferred to give my money direct to Bazz but as he has posted that will not be the case with the Connie.

I purchased the Lancaster from JF and the first time I installed it was great. But then came an upgrade with the dreaded re-install. Took me 3 weeks to get things sorted with JF just to re-install.

So for the time being, even though I love the Connie I will sit and cool my heels and see if others have a problem if they have to re-install.

Not sure how it will work if I wait to get the DVD/CD version from Adrian at Flight Sim Store.

I just hope that future developments will allow AH to also be an outlet for their aircraft.

Cheers
Pat

DSbiggles
August 24th, 2009, 05:52
I purchased the Lancaster from JF and the first time I installed it was great. But then came an upgrade with the dreaded re-install. Took me 3 weeks to get things sorted with JF just to re-install.

Cheers
Pat

Not sure what the problem was? There was only patch for Lancaster and that doesn't require a re-install - it simply checks you have the software (DVD or download) and installs. We'd only tell someone to uninstall something if it was broken. Maybe a duff download of a patch that corrupted the original code. However, I've not heard of that happening.

If you happen to uninstall Lancaster (or anything else) you can re-install as many times as you like on the same PC. No need for unlock codes or any other oddities.

If you re-install Windows or change PC then you will need to unlock the software again. In this case you simply enter the last unlock code we sent you. Once unlocked we'll automatically send you a new code for use in the future.

We have a proper support desk populated by human beings (well, mostly - still waiting for the DNA test results on a couple of them) so if you ever get a problem installing/uninstalling unlocking/un-unlocking / deleting/ undeleting or whatever, just let us know and we'll do our best to fix it. Unlike some DRM users we don't automatically treat all our customers as potential pirates and, for us, the DRM we use is simply a useful 'shopping bag' in which to place your purchase.

DSbiggles
August 24th, 2009, 06:11
PP only has direct debit access to your account if you give them your bank routing number or debit card.

The problem comes when your 'credit limit' expires (didn't you know you had one? No, neither did I until I was told I did). Then you have to 'verify' your PayPal account which involves giving them your bank account details. A couple of days after you have sent the details they make two small deposits in your account. You log in and confirm the amounts (say, 2p and 4p) and then the PP account is 'verified'. All very simple, handy and convenient - until something goes wrong and they take cash out of your account. The sales pitch is that you can use your credit card safely, but it simply means that if anything goes wrong with a card and the credit card company instigates a chargeback they can get their wonga direct.

Two of many threads on this subject: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=14469590

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/paypal_01.html

calypsos
August 24th, 2009, 09:48
Can somebody clarify things, I think I am being dim!

The later super Connies (which I prefer)will come out via an add-on pack from AH, not JF?

Are they stand-alones, or do you have to purchase this pack first? I have not quite grasped the marketing split here, or maybe it has not been explained in simple enough terms! The USAF screenshot, is that the add-on pack, or another Connie altogether?:isadizzy::isadizzy:

MudMarine
August 24th, 2009, 12:33
AH won't be selling it..........that's too bad, I refuse to buy anything from JF.

GypsyBaron
August 24th, 2009, 21:05
Paul , NC-121J's :icon_lol: Me a mild mannered Kiwi fella that had a C121'J' trundle past as it taxied to the USNavy revetment .. it was 'Pegasus' and could have been 'Phoenix' in my latter years as a 7 or 8 year old , obviously like todays movies ... the image was stamped in my mind ! , the Connie .. yip

Alas, Pegasus crashed in Antarctica in 1970. Here is a link to some pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandwichgirl/sets/72157594489312873/

Paul

bazzar
August 24th, 2009, 23:22
Can somebody clarify things, I think I am being dim!

The later super Connies (which I prefer)will come out via an add-on pack from AH, not JF?

Are they stand-alones, or do you have to purchase this pack first? I have not quite grasped the marketing split here, or maybe it has not been explained in simple enough terms! The USAF screenshot, is that the add-on pack, or another Connie altogether?:isadizzy::isadizzy:

There will be an add-on pack coming with the L749, C121 series and the L1049 Super Connies. Constellation, including the add-ons is available from Just Flight ONLY unless, of course, they have other distributors handling it.

At any rate, AH is not selling Constellation. Hope that helps clear things up.:engel016:

calypsos
August 25th, 2009, 02:59
Thanks Baz, I think I can wait until September and see what price they have the add-ons for sale at. Still not happy about the 'cap' issue, but that is my problem!!

dharris
August 25th, 2009, 05:42
:ernae:I think that the "cap" gives our pilot a certain rakish, dangerous look. Plus, you may not recognize the aircraft when you see it, but you can't mistake whose it is when you see the cap! Great job Baz!

FlyTexas
August 25th, 2009, 08:11
Man this looks nice. :jump: Does anyone know if she'll run on just a straight FSX installation? I own FSX but do not have SP2. The 'Just Flight' site states "Flight Simulator X (SP2 and DX10 preview compatible)".

Brian

bazzar
August 25th, 2009, 13:45
Connie has been built to run all versions of FSX.:engel016:

bazzar
August 25th, 2009, 13:50
Thanks Baz, I think I can wait until September and see what price they have the add-ons for sale at. Still not happy about the 'cap' issue, but that is my problem!!

Well when you see the L749s Calypsos, you'll feel more comfortable...they don't have caps. It's just that we wanted to bring a bit of nostalgic feel to the early models. I know that technically, most pilots flew bare headed but I loved the "formality"of those early training films. Especially when he tips his cap back, puts his foot up on the console and lights up a cigarette, berating his EO for not being a smoker!

FlyTexas
August 25th, 2009, 14:35
Connie has been built to run all versions of FSX.:engel016:

Thanks Baz. :wavey:

Brian

Martyn
August 27th, 2009, 03:58
Some sneak preview pics of the upcoming additional Connies:

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/NorthallShots/Connie1.jpg
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/NorthallShots/Connie2.jpg
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/NorthallShots/Connie3.jpg
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/NorthallShots/Connie4.jpg

Hope they've got you excited

Martyn

papab
August 27th, 2009, 04:02
WOW!!!

Stupid Question-Is this pack free to the Connie owners or a small $$$?

Rick

RAS_JF
August 27th, 2009, 04:07
There will be a small fee for the Constellation add-on packs. Don't think it's been decided how much yet, although likely to be around £7/8.

Tim-HH
August 27th, 2009, 04:17
Indeed very impressive!!!

But please keep in mind that Lufthansa had only short-nose Super Constellations in service :)

Greetings
Tim

bazzar
August 27th, 2009, 04:40
Sure thing Tim. The shot in question is of the test Super Connie. We just use one texture across a number of models when testing, to ensure that a paintkit will function on more than one version. D-ALEM actually belongs to a shortnose L1049 operated by Lufthansa. Hence the confusion!:engel016:

calypsos
August 27th, 2009, 05:03
There will be a small fee for the Constellation add-on packs. Don't think it's been decided how much yet, although likely to be around £7/8.

Bravo, those late models look superb and a whole lot of re-paint possibilities.

Great pricing too:ernae:

AND.....no caps in the cockpit!
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Martyn
August 27th, 2009, 05:58
Just for you Tim!

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk81/NorthallShots/Connie5.jpg

Tim-HH
August 27th, 2009, 06:30
That looks even better! Thanks a lot for the picture, Martyn :jump:

Greetings
Tim

Ian Warren
August 27th, 2009, 06:52
YIKES! :jump: WOW , the most lovely thing is , Well the Weapon is running ( MY PC) , .. the Connie , the cost , been there ... done that.. on previous promised Connie , money is nothing to one special , superb and finally the answer to a long lost ... the screens ... , i know you guys would be board ,very board off her , but the internals on one ... modeled not for me but for i think many and one , Donald Harris , the most open Lockheed Constellation flyer been , mate .. I will buy this one model for you .:medals:

And if Baz and AH wont get your number , your most remembered , I am very sure i can do it , if not the best artist will pick her up .

:icon29:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"> Tell 'mom' New Zealand is thinking off her .

Ian<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Ian Warren
August 27th, 2009, 07:12
Martyn , Operation Deep Freeze is about to start the season , of course Christchurch was the starting/staging point , VX6/VXE6 , .. wink a C121J ... possible a little look :icon_lol:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Martyn
August 27th, 2009, 07:41
Hi Ian,

A few C-121-Js will be included in one of the upgrade packs

Thanks
Martyn

dharris
August 27th, 2009, 11:27
YIKES! :jump: WOW , the most lovely thing is , Well the Weapon is running ( MY PC) , .. the Connie , the cost , been there ... done that.. on previous promised Connie , money is nothing to one special , superb and finally the answer to a long lost ... the screens ... , i know you guys would be board ,very board off her , but the internals on one ... modeled not for me but for i think many and one , Donald Harris , the most open Lockheed Constellation flyer been , mate .. I will buy this one model for you .:medals:

And if Baz and AH wont get your number , your most remembered , I am very sure i can do it , if not the best artist will pick her up .

:icon29:

<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden><INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden><INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden> Tell 'mom' New Zealand is thinking off her .

Ian<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>
Thanks Ian, will do my best to make her a good bird, told "mom" your comments and made her day!! Looking forward to the ec121's your paints are superb, don't kid yourself. Don

Ian Warren
August 27th, 2009, 17:49
A few C-121-Js will be included in one of the upgrade packs

Upgrade packs ... package em all i'll have all four , wink nudge , only joking , the two upgrades , but maybe future packages :icon_lol: the Starliner as one and the Experimentals , these the engine mod's , not the many variants the USN and USAF did

But anyway

Ill certainly be looking forward to already mentioned 'Phoenix' , i many photos of both the VX6 aircraft in books authored by Tony Phillips

Cheers and Thanks Martyn and you Baz :applause:

dharris
August 27th, 2009, 18:14
:monkies:I will be picking these up soon, and the upgrades are definetly a must have. This connie is the difference between does connies for fs98 and John Whites connie for fs9. This is going to be fun again. Can't wait. As soon as you get some paints, remember, there are alot of Connie fans left out here that would want them, so don't hold back. Your paints for the old scfa connies were great, so I am "expecting" even better! "Mom says thanks"!!!

crashaz
August 27th, 2009, 18:18
I see that our favorite designers from Down Under have released another masterpiece. Mark me down as SOLD on this work!!:applause:

jimjones
August 28th, 2009, 02:06
Roger, thanks and your welcome.

Question folks. Are any tooltips showing up for any of the switches, buttons, etc. Sure would be helpful at times.

The documentation mentions tooltips twice, once for uncaging the pitch adjustment in autopilot and another time for setting and showing the standard pressure on the altimeter. These don't seem to work for me. Perhaps the designers did not follow the design specs, and the documention writer used the specs to prepare the docs.

Don't know why, but those tool tips that did not show on earlier flights are now showing. They are of much help when showing numerical info and identifying buttons, switches, etc. Sorry to cry wolf, however no one seemed to correct my erroneous observation.

Pepere
August 28th, 2009, 13:27
Is there a way to lighten up the VC panel?

David

Pepere
August 28th, 2009, 19:44
If anyone wants to add Shockwave landing light:

Light.7 = 5, 35, 0.00, -0.50, fx_shockwave_landing_light

David

dharris
August 29th, 2009, 04:12
Thanks, will be able to use this for sure

Pepere
August 29th, 2009, 13:55
I think the panel textures are missing on mine? It just looks all black!

David

papab
August 29th, 2009, 14:03

David

Thanks a bunch!

jimjones
August 30th, 2009, 02:15

David

Inserting the shockwave tweak (above) before the exhaust effects disables the number one engine flame effects while providing the shockwave landing lights. Of course those flame effects are only visible on start up and while at high throttle.

I also tried giving the tweak a lights number of 19 and inserting that after the light.19 entry, but that did not work.

The interesting thing I noticed was that the wing, tail and other external lights are ON only at high throttle and go off when the flames go off. This happens both with and WITHOUT the shockwave tweak. Same thing with the engine smoke.:isadizzy:

I don't know enough of the coding to explain why this happens, but there it is as I observed it.

jimjones
August 30th, 2009, 03:14
Nice model. Pics with EZ-Walk and enhanced.
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/jimjones_04/ConnieStds01.jpg

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/jimjones_04/ConnieStds02.jpg

Panther_99FS
August 31st, 2009, 20:51
Looks great ta' me!:applause:

CG_1976
August 31st, 2009, 22:10
Oh ya she is a sweet heart and handles great. Still spending time going thru the manual for additional flight procedures. A few pics of my 1st flight in the Connie to CYZF Yellowknife.

tigisfat
August 31st, 2009, 23:18
I'm glad many are enjoying this aircraft, but I think I'm going to have to pass because it doesn't look right to me.

How are the sounds?

Lionheart
September 1st, 2009, 09:17
Looks bloooody awesome guys! Keep up the great work!

:ernae:

Bill

doublecool
September 1st, 2009, 09:46
I got it and I like it!

Well done :ernae:

bazzar
September 1st, 2009, 14:54
Thanks fellas, it's great to hear people enjoying it. Some minor niggle fixes are on the way and of course, the add-ons which we are testing right now.:engel016:

Slug Flyer
September 1st, 2009, 15:51
I'm glad many are enjoying this aircraft, but I think I'm going to have to pass because it doesn't look right to me.

This here is what we call useful, constructive feedback. ;)

Ian Warren
September 1st, 2009, 17:12
Thanks fellas, it's great to hear people enjoying it. Some minor niggle fixes are on the way and of course, the add-ons which we are testing right now.:engel016:
Niggles and fix's ... been the bane of the last ten weeks here with my PCs just pre that i purchased a saitek yoke with throttle system .. DANG ! could not use new controller and pc poohed .. waiting for .. waiting .. waiting and whammo ! .... now for a very short runway ... to have a throttle quad set up testing a new pc with and the Connie .... Bazzzzzzzz :ernae: still testing but she is brilliant .. internal and externally :icon_lol:

dharris
September 1st, 2009, 17:54
Ian, if you can't use your yoke yet, send it over and I will keep it warm for you!!!:applause::applause::monkies:

jimjones
September 1st, 2009, 20:54

How are the sounds?

Constellation Sounds

The sounds are pretty good. There is a nice combination of lows, middles and highs.

Before engine start there is a cabin sound, perhaps it is air conditioning hum. Don't really know.

On startup the engines individual sounds take about 20 sec. All engines are on by 30 sec. Good sounds.

Engine sound off is short, all off in about 6 sec. Rotation clicks toward end.

Throttle up sounds are smooth, perhaps one transition a bit empty.

Gear sounds inside are barely noticeable, yet if the wav file is played alone is good.

Flaps sounds are more noticeable.

I've not found any switch sounds.

Different stall sound than any I've heard. A bit weak.

I don't notice different external sounds while moving 360 deg around the plane, except the usual doppler effects.

Fly by sounds are impressive and of sufficent volume.

List of the sound folder below:

tigisfat
September 1st, 2009, 22:28
This here is what we call useful, constructive feedback. ;)

I'm sorry, I didn't know I was to issue you a full review. :sleep: I also didn't know that I was supposed to provide anyone with constructive feedback, or that I was even qualified to. I doubt there is a single thing about constellations or MSFS development that I can tell these developers that they don't know.

I won't be purchasing this product because I don't like the way it looks. We've all wanted a good connie for a while. If others are pleased as punch, then I'm happy for them, and glad they got what they wanted.

This is a forum, you're in a thread and people are putting their two cents in. That was my two cents.

dharris
September 2nd, 2009, 04:24
Time to put the brakes on, folks. Everyone is welcome to an opinion. I understand what you (tigisfat) are saying and also where the rest of you are coming from. I for one have a little experience ( yes brothers and sisters here we go again) on connies and I think that, as memory serves me, these sounds are pretty acurate. I have no reference for the external sounds in flight, as I can only remember a few times being, well shall we say, hung over before flight that I may have flown outside the aircraft! For my money, they have done a great job on the renderings. Trying to get the beautiful curves on the Connies fuselage must have driven Baz up a wall or two. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, there is no definitive reason why one likes something and another does not. tigisfat was stating an opinion that the externals was not quite what was a connie to tigisfat, give credit to him (her) that at least he (she) did not run it down on other issues that some do, that they can just look at a video and decide it does not meet specs. Only using the model would tell you that and only if you had prior knowledge of hands on flying and only if fsx allowed (which it doesn't) totally accurate modelling. I beleive that is why they call it a simulation. Oops, someone just kicked my soapbox, so I am out of here. Enjoy it, lifes to short to sweat the small stuff.:engel016::ernae:

Ian Warren
September 2nd, 2009, 05:29
Ian, if you can't use your yoke yet, send it over and I will keep it warm for you!!!:applause::applause::monkies:

:icon_lol: Think i have it sorted , must rush to get it sorted , its working well , must rush to get it ... arrr there we go ! :icon_lol:

dharris
September 2nd, 2009, 05:49
Remember, haste makes waste!

tigisfat
September 2nd, 2009, 10:13
dharris, that was a very fair take on things. :icon29::medals:

Pepere
September 2nd, 2009, 17:28

How are the sounds?

Tigisfat, I have to agree with you. I purchased it and am disapointed in the VC. I posted a picture of it earlier but no one commented on it. I fine it has no texture to it. Just a black look???

David

bazzar
September 2nd, 2009, 17:35
Hi David,

The VC is finished in black textures on this series. The Connie's cockpit has been finished over the years in a variety of colours from black to grey through blue to bright green. I've even seen pictures of one in red.

We will be changing the colours out for the later models in the add-ons but if you really want something different I could arrange for a different colour set for these as an upgrade. Shouldn't take very long.

Hope that makes you feel better...:engel016:

Pepere
September 2nd, 2009, 18:55
Thanks bazzar - that would make me feel a whole lot better. It is a good aircraft - with me the VC is the high point on an aircraft. I do spend some time in it!!!!!! If it's not too much trouble, blue would be nice.

thanks

David :jump:

calypsos
September 2nd, 2009, 23:58
Black cockpits, although authentic, can be a pain in MSFS. As yet, the sim cannot give a true lighting effect of light entering a cockpit from outside.

The recent Hawker Heroes have very black and dark cockpits. Added to the fact that the tool tips have not been coded on most of the switches and levers, it makes life rather difficult.

In a real cockpit, you do a lot by feel, something a mouse cannot give you!

Ian Warren
September 7th, 2009, 16:36
Connie gos up , Connie gos down .. Test flights i mean :jump:
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/1-11.jpg
Testing PC as much as this superb model
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2-8.jpg
To many , this would be the ugly duckling , more it had the curves of a pre war chev , an old car .. strange they havnt died yet either
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/3-8.jpg
I do have one little problem even on the the appointed passenger model , i cant get the stairs to come up to the aircraft , so many virtually injured :kilroy:
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/4-7.jpg
With testing this with my upgraded PC .. im almost like a 1943 throw back:icon_lol:
:engel016:

txnetcop
September 8th, 2009, 02:42
Still thinking about it. I love the Connie! I guess I want to see the new cockpit color BAZZ comes up with. I remember a pastel blue as a kid.

DHarris you are one of the first to figure out how the E8600 ought to be run to enjoy FSX fully. Our specs are almost the same except that I have the Gigabyte DQ6 at 4.2GHz. FSX and the Wolfdale on a Gigabyte board are an awesome combination-not discounting the Quads but for pure power that E8600 at 4Ghz is hard to beat even compared with the new i7Core for FSX.
Ted

dharris
September 8th, 2009, 06:27
:ernae:I agree, most settings are at max and with the fs genisis landclass and mesh, fsx gex fex and utx , sim looks really nice. Performance is decent for what I am running. Considering new video card, more onboard ram, but not sure if it will be cost effective. Running at 1650 by 1050 so not sure if the additional ram will help loading textures. Bandwidth is very important, most folks don't understand that you need a bigger pipe not just a bigger pump. As for the Connie, I will be picking this up. I figure you can never have to many Connies. Prejudiced I guess. But the graphics on this bird are really well worth the cost, and with the "expansion pack" on it's way, this will give you lots of options. My favorite connie right now, is Manfred's and I have changed most of the panels from green to the muted baby blue that the air force had. They look quite nice like that. It will only get better for Baz's connie as more people get them and add all the repaints. Baz has worked really hard on this with a great deal of dedication and talent. Best of luck Don

Ian Warren
September 8th, 2009, 17:18
Well I hope i gave the passengers something to remember , starting to get the feel , still the tweaking , baggage cart on hand ..
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/5Large-56.jpg
Now to save some injuries , :wavey: as a good Captain should , guys , guys , over here
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/6Large-53.jpg
some stairs , :icon_lol: I d better jump out the emergency exit , slide down the flaps and hold the ladder :engel016:

dharris
September 8th, 2009, 17:26
:ernae:Check by the rear hatch, there may be a ditching rope attached. We had them on our connies!!! Only used one once, when we landed at Barbers Point and they called in a wheel fire. All crew slid down the rope before the plane even came to a stop!

Ian Warren
September 11th, 2009, 06:12
Matey , few more test flights , ill wing here home to New Zealand , I could detour and pic you up :engel016:
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/6-6.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/7-5.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/8-2.jpg
Test Flying .... YEAH REALLY

Mr Bazza ,,,, :engel016: JUST FUN !
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Ian Warren
September 19th, 2009, 02:20
REAL WORLD WEATHER Connie and a lotta work
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2009-9-16_14-11-21-31Large.jpg
A north west front with winds gusting to 110 knots
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2009-9-16_14-11-58-15Large.jpg
30 minutes , rocking .. up .... down twisting
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2009-9-16_14-12-26-875Large.jpg
I went this way ..
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2009-9-16_14-14-41-109Large.jpg
Connie went the eeeeeeee
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2009-9-16_14-17-40-765Large.jpg
Adjustment .... throttles .. dials .. all clear
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2009-9-16_14-19-17-15Large.jpg
to climb out and away ..
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2009-9-16_14-19-17-15Large.jpg
simply a hell off a lotta fun
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2009-9-16_14-21-45-296Large-1.jpg
:plane:

bazzar
September 19th, 2009, 04:33
great shots Ian, looks like you've got her trained...:ernae:

Ian Warren
September 19th, 2009, 05:31
Tell ya what Bazz , we were waiting and she was well worth it .. Still trying to compare manual op's , thats the fun part , least should mention have the original 049 manual .. this one , had my younger brother , not being a flightsim man , may have turned him ..

dharris
September 19th, 2009, 05:45
:wavey:Great shots, Ian. Just installed a new gtx 260 from evga and it was the last piece in the puzzle. FSX runs great and the detail and texture loading is amazing. Took Texnetcops advice on the 260 and it is all the card I need for fxs. Things have never run this good before, now waiting to see the new connie on this thing, should be great. Keep up the good work on the screenies. Don

Ian Warren
September 19th, 2009, 06:17
Don , You are really going to enjoy this Connie for sure ! , 22,000 and jocky'in throttle control levers , 184 knots , still require a lotta training :kilroy: , the new versions and updates , :icon_lol:

txnetcop
September 19th, 2009, 06:38
:wavey:Great shots, Ian. Just installed a new gtx 260 from evga and it was the last piece in the puzzle. FSX runs great and the detail and texture loading is amazing. Took Texnetcops advice on the 260 and it is all the card I need for fxs. Things have never run this good before, now waiting to see the new connie on this thing, should be great. Keep up the good work on the screenies. Don

Thanks for the props Don...I confess to being in love with my 260GTX as well. That Connie is absolutely sweet looking-money is tight right now but one day I will be flying that baby! Still looking forward to new VC repaints.
Ted

dharris
September 19th, 2009, 06:42
Glad I took your advice and did not over spend on the equipment. The video card was what was holding my present system back some, and it made the difference from a good sim to a great sim. Things are looking up for the first time in a long time. Will now be able to just fly it instead of fix it, tweak it. Thanks again Ted

Crusader
October 7th, 2009, 02:21
Does this aircraft work in the FSX SP1 only mode ? I don't fly in the DX10 preview although I have a card capable . I just prefer not having the problems experienced in the past with SP2/Accel(UNinstalled it). I just wondered if I would be missing all the bells and whisles with just using FSX SP1 only .

Rich

Ian Warren
October 7th, 2009, 04:34
Rich , I do have a FSX pc without any service patchs , i will install the Connie on this pc morning Friday and let you no what works and what dose not or if there is any problems .

calypsos
October 7th, 2009, 05:01
Still no sign of the expansion pack, I will be holding back until then!!!

Crusader
October 7th, 2009, 16:12
Rich , I do have a FSX pc without any service patchs , i will install the Connie on this pc morning Friday and let you no what works and what dose not or if there is any problems .

Thanks for the reply Ian . Beautiful airplane .

Rich

Ian Warren
October 8th, 2009, 05:57
. Beautiful airplane .

Rich , a typical low end 3.4 Ghz , 1 mg Ram and with a 9400GT 512 G/card with the original FSX installed , no service packs , The AH Just Flight Connie works just fine . :wiggle::wavey:

CHBTheDoctor
October 9th, 2009, 03:13
I'm thinking about buying the conni, but I heart some rumours about runtime-copy-protection.

Something like a system process that talks to the gauges. Cloud9 used this kind of stuff in their F-104 (I sadly discoverd this AFTER purchase) which really spoiled an excellent plane for me.

Can anybody tell me if there is something unusual in the Just Flight Conni ?

Ian Warren
October 17th, 2009, 05:57
I went straight to the grave yard , Tucson Arizona , the Davis Monathan Air force base and land off many Lockheed aircraft that i seem to see below me .
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/1Custom-5.jpg
Snakes .. crawly things that bite .. watching video and DVDs on how they revive the aircraft ,
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2Custom-5.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/3Custom-5.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/4Custom-3.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/5Custom-3.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/6Custom-3.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/7Custom-2.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/8Custom-1.jpg
Tell ya one thing , i really am looking forward to the updates
http://nzff.org/forum/style_emoticons/default/plane.gif <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_8250234-->

--------------------
NZ & World Aviation & Naval History Buff , maybe a little scenery , maybe a little fly , <!--coloro:#FF0000--><!--/coloro-->burn me<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--> <!--coloro:#FFA500--><!--/coloro-->tail feathers<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/NZFFBanner-2.jpg

Pepere
October 20th, 2009, 13:38
Any word on new VC textures?

David

Ian Warren
October 20th, 2009, 13:41
They will be released with the other variants from the expansion pack A & B , they cant be that far away , just in time for Christmas it guess

dharris
October 21st, 2009, 11:15
Ian, Baz, if you look real close at the last picture, near the intersection, there is a house with a white roof, and I am standing out in the front yard waving at you!!!

Ian Warren
October 25th, 2009, 03:35
The 1950s , dang , climbing out off Tuscon , i see ya with your little wagon
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/1Large-73.jpg
:engel016:

calypsos
October 25th, 2009, 08:16
Any news of the expansion pack (promised for September) yet??

Martyn
October 26th, 2009, 04:27
Hi Calypsos,

We hope to release the boxed version of Constellation Pro on the 27th November, so the add-on packs will be released a bit before that date

Sorry for the delay

Thanks
Martyn

dharris
October 26th, 2009, 13:24
Ian, that is not a wagon, that is my new govenment motors car!

calypsos
October 26th, 2009, 14:51
Hi Calypsos,

We hope to release the boxed version of Constellation Pro on the 27th November, so the add-on packs will be released a bit before that date

Sorry for the delay

Thanks for the info, looks like a perfect Christmas present then!!!

Ian Warren
October 28th, 2009, 14:58
Nice to see work on this one - a WIP , the 'Pegasus' had a three prominent font layouts and the final slanted , the one more commonly seen after the October 1970 mishap , this style replaced in the 66 season with a Sureal or Toronto type font .
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/Peg5.jpg
Many other details one this one was black spinners and larger black painted nose and looking at engine cowl they have sourced the darker grey of the fuselage off course the larger Stars and Bar . Cant be to far as this posted at the JustFlight shop .
This is looking Great , the 'Phoenix' , that is going to be interesting ? the early 58/63 paint maybe :kilroy: , like how you mentioned this other , i will be interested to see that one as well :icon_lol:

Martyn
October 29th, 2009, 00:57
Hi Ian,

If you (or anyone else) have suggestions on how to improve any of the liveries you see on our in-dev page, please let me know

martyn [at] justflight.com

Thanks
Martyn

jankees
October 29th, 2009, 02:24
Hi Ian,

If you (or anyone else) have suggestions on how to improve any of the liveries you see on our in-dev page, please let me know

Thanks
Martyn

the screenshot above says "United STATE navy". I always thought there were more that one state in the US?

Pepere
October 29th, 2009, 03:46
New, other than black, VC textures, please.

David

Ian Warren
October 29th, 2009, 04:39
Hi Ian,

ThanksMartyn
I'll scan and send you the information and photos , will give you prity much accurate layout and markings later today . I mentioned Phoenix , that was quite different in early years and was more technical carrying sensors and cameras were Pegasus was simply a transport .
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

dharris
October 29th, 2009, 06:16
and I was going to get this repaint when??? Nice going Ian, the Phoenix should be pretty sharp, she always had a slightly (?) different paint

Ian Warren
October 29th, 2009, 07:56
and I was going to get this repaint when??? Nice going Ian, the Phoenix should be pretty sharp, she always had a slightly (?) different paint
Sorry Don , The Peggy paint , for the free-ware .. that was pre computer woes .. now up and running , should be able to finish Manfred's Connie .

GypsyBaron
October 29th, 2009, 11:13
New, other than black, VC textures, please.

David

I'd like to see wings and engines when I look over my shoulder ( TrackIR4 here ) out the cockpit windows from
the left & right seats. Not just navigation lights hanging in free space.

Paul

Cag40Navy
October 29th, 2009, 11:34
well, im still waiting for the other stuff, but its looking pretty good!

calypsos
October 29th, 2009, 14:36
I agree about a black VC, in real life, light enters the cockpit andmakes shadows and highlights, making a RW black cockpit an assortment of greys.

In MSFS, it is like sitting in a coal shed with the door shut! How about a mix of different greys, to give the impression of light coming in through the glazing?

Pepere
October 29th, 2009, 15:25
VC is so dark - I'm afraid to fly it. Ooooooo:bump: in the night sort of thing!

David

Martyn
December 23rd, 2009, 05:48
Hi guys,

The two upgrade packs for the Connie are available now

Thanks
Martyn

Pepere
December 23rd, 2009, 07:20
Which upgrade will give me a better VC color?

David

Martyn
December 23rd, 2009, 07:51
Hi David,

Both upgrade packs come with improved VC textures. We will also be releasing an update for the base pack soon, which will upgrade the VC textures.

Thanks
Martyn

pbearsailor
December 23rd, 2009, 08:57
It's better, lighter than it was. Still wish for some texturing showing some wear to give it some depth, but it is better.

cheers,
steve :wavey:

Roger
December 23rd, 2009, 10:00
I'm web challenged! Where are the patches please?

pbearsailor
December 23rd, 2009, 11:09
I'm web challenged! Where are the patches please?

They aren't giving us a patch yet, Roger. They are selling addons and it's on the http://justflight.com/ news page.

steve

Roger
December 23rd, 2009, 11:26
Thanks Steve.

Ian Warren
December 23rd, 2009, 12:59
Thank you the Heads Up Martyn :salute: both packs incoming now :running: Jeepers , ya think it was Christmas . <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

DennyA
December 23rd, 2009, 13:58
Just bought the Connie and expansion pack B -- those are the models I was waiting on! I'd also love to have an Eastern Airlines bird, but I've already dropped $40 on this. :)

BTW, JustFlight has a 15% off sale right now -- use code SIMSALE . But it seems to limit you to one use -- I bought the Connie first, and then went back to buy the expansion pack (so I could use my "points" from the Connie on it) and it wouldn't give me the discount. :( Oh well, the points were worth more anyway. ($2.99 off).

For the guys who said they didn't think it looked right, my guess is that they were expecting the L1049 instead of the shortnose Connie...

DennyA
December 23rd, 2009, 14:46
I think I figured out why one of the earlier posters thought the Connie didn't look right.

It had too many engines running.

From everything I've read, this is more typical of what a Connie looked like in flight. : ) AH modeled that just fine; you just have to play with a couple of sim settings!

DennyA
December 23rd, 2009, 15:15
A few more shots showing the updated panel and a couple of the planes in expansion pack B.

Old Crow
December 23rd, 2009, 16:40
It does not appear that they are allowing the discount on the Constellation Addon Packs. I add the sale code but the price does not change. It works if I put something else in the basket, but not the Connie packs. :isadizzy:

Pepere
December 23rd, 2009, 17:15
For me without a better VC it's dead in the air!

David

DennyA
December 23rd, 2009, 17:58
Huh? The VC is awesome. It doesn't seem to have 3D-modeled instruments (the faces look pretty flat), but the modeling looks right on, and the instrument detail's great. Lots to play with on the engineer's panel...

The shot I took came out darker than it looks in the sim, actually. Next time I'm on my sim PC I'll grab one in brighter conditions.

tigisfat
December 23rd, 2009, 20:10
Huh? The VC is awesome. It doesn't seem to have 3D-modeled instruments (the faces look pretty flat), but the modeling looks right on, and the instrument detail's great. Lots to play with on the engineer's panel...

The shot I took came out darker than it looks in the sim, actually. Next time I'm on my sim PC I'll grab one in brighter conditions.

The textures just aren't what some of us were hoping they'd be.

Martyn
December 24th, 2009, 00:13
It does not appear that they are allowing the discount on the Constellation Addon Packs. I add the sale code but the price does not change. It works if I put something else in the basket, but not the Connie packs. :isadizzy:
Hi,

Our web team are looking into this problem now. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Edit: The discount codes should work on the Connie packs within the next couple of hours.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
December 24th, 2009, 02:32
Hi,

The discount code will now work with the Connie upgrade packs. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks and Happy Christmas!
Martyn

dharris
December 24th, 2009, 06:36
Hi Ian, how is the wv looking? I am still waiting for my copy, but until then if you get a chance to post some screens, would appreciate it, Don

GypsyBaron
December 26th, 2009, 12:19
I have the base package and just installed the "B" package.

I'm a little curious as to why only the right wing and #4 are
modeled in the VC and the left wing and #1 are not?

Looking out,over my shoulder, and seeing that "floating"
NAV light really detracts from the experience, IMO.

With so many folks using TrackIR and flying only from the VC,
I would think that all efforts would be made to create an
environment that encompasses all that could normally
be seen from any VC position.

Other than this particular issue, I am satisfied with the purchases.

Paul

Ian Warren
December 26th, 2009, 12:41
Hi Ian, how is the wv looking? I am still waiting for my copy, but until then if you get a chance to post some screens, would appreciate it, Don
Hi ya Matey :wavey:, currently editing shots :salute: not to far away

GypsyBaron Hi Paul , I don,t have TrackIR as yet but the model seems to follow the norm procedure with view switch , I think might source the fastest delivery if not see if they are stocked here .

Ian
nzff.org

dharris
December 26th, 2009, 12:48
Thanks for the heads up Ian, waiting patiently as always, mom says hi

Old Crow
December 26th, 2009, 13:33
Martyn, Thank You.
Got both A and B packages with the discount. :ernae:

GypsyBaron
December 26th, 2009, 15:17
-SNIP-

GypsyBaron Hi Paul , I don,t have TrackIR as yet but the model seems to follow the norm procedure with view switch , I think might source the fastest delivery if not see if they are stocked here .

Ian
nzff.org

Hi Ian. I'm not sure exactly what you are commenting on here
but here are a couple of screenshots taken from the left
and right seats of the C-121J, looking back over my shoulder.

I would expect the views to be symetrical, or at least hoped they would be.

Granted, one must lean forward to get these views but that is something
that TrackIR enables and is a 'natural' part of my cockpit and airspace
scanning routine when flying :)

Paul

Left seat view

Right seat view

bazzar
December 27th, 2009, 13:46
The VCs are at their absolute max with modeled inclusions. To get symetrical wings, engines and gear just breaks the bank. Believe me we tried hard enough. The right wing, engines etc was about all we could get in here without blowing the exporter up!

That's why we have switchable camera views.:engel016:

dharris
December 27th, 2009, 14:04
Blow it up! Blow it up see what happen Baz! How are my textures coming?

Ian Warren
December 27th, 2009, 14:38
The Expansion packs were released on the 24th , i have had only little chance to play around with it .
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/1Large-81.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/5Large-65.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2Large-80.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/3Large-77.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/4Large-75.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/6Large-61.jpg
I was sorted disappointed with 'Phoenix' - scale and fonts lack of other details , many missing decals but that,s reason for the paint kit
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/7Large-46.jpg

<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_8252882-->

dharris
December 27th, 2009, 16:20
Looks great, can't wait!!!

Cag40Navy
December 27th, 2009, 16:31
holy smokes! those look good!

Ian Warren
December 27th, 2009, 16:39
Hi Chappie , Hello Mom , had a chance to have a look at all variants , the Super Constellation , it appears to be missing engine start flame and smoke textures and for high throttle settings .

Can anyone confirm this .

Running on a quad4 , 8 gb RAM , GTX295 graphics card , Win7-64bit

bazzar
December 27th, 2009, 19:36
Looks great, can't wait!!!

Duly noted, duely asked for Don...in the hands of the Gods now...:engel016:

ronvking
December 27th, 2009, 21:17
Two versions I would like to see would be the EC version that just had the under belly radar and not the central fin one and also the Penn ANG as they are the only two versions I saw in USAF service.

Also any plans for the L1649?

Hopefully Ron

dharris
December 28th, 2009, 06:03
Bazzar is a God, he CAN walk on water. Thanks Barry and Ian keep those screenies coming

horse
December 29th, 2009, 15:27
Have now got all three downloads, and are flying them all over.
One minor problem, there are engine effects for the 049 and 749 aircraft,
but what happened to the ones for the 1049 types

Brian.H

Ian Warren
December 29th, 2009, 16:24
Have now got all three downloads, and are flying them all over.
One minor problem, there are engine effects for the 049 and 749 aircraft,
but what happened to the ones for the 1049 types

Brian.H

That,s a Confirm :mixedsmi: 1049 is missing the smoke/flame effect

bazzar
December 29th, 2009, 16:40
Try JF Ian, we weren't responsible for the final pack assemblies. It'll be a small effect file and entry in the CFG that's missed for sure.:engel016:

Ian Warren
December 29th, 2009, 17:24
ThankX Bazzar , I'll post any CFG entry on reply :running:

horse
December 29th, 2009, 19:50
There is an entry in the aircraft.cfg file showing the effects, but the effects do not appear in the effects folder.
There is also an error in the lighs section of the cfg file you may like to check.
This is a great simulation of a great aircraft. Was with QF in line Maint. and did quite a bit of work on these aircraft. Did quite a few flights as well.

Brian.H

RAS_JF
February 5th, 2010, 01:46
Hi Chaps,

Just a heads up in case you missed it - the service pack for the Connie is out now. Link (http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=212&supportProductName=Constellation%20Professional#Up date399)

dharris
February 5th, 2010, 05:35
Just downloaded the base service pack and it does help. Ian how about some more screenshots of the wv??

TeiscoDelRay
April 8th, 2010, 13:22
Can user repaints be uploaded? I have not seen any which leads me to think it is not allowed.

bazzar
April 8th, 2010, 14:24
No there are no restrictions mate. Post away anyone who has done any. I for one would love to see some.:wavey:

TeiscoDelRay
April 8th, 2010, 14:44
I found one at flightsim.com and it had no name of author or any id info,,just textures and config entry. I downloaded the textures and think I know why there are not many,,very complex and many textures to work through.

warchild
April 8th, 2010, 15:27
I'm just glad i payed my rent before i saw this, or i'd be homeless.. just one question?/ how does she fly?? next month is my birthday, so hopefully i'll be able to get myself a little something.. would like it to be this plane..

TeiscoDelRay
April 15th, 2010, 10:56
Bazzar I am doing a skin for this and need to know where the texture for the top astro dome base is?

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii22/Warbirds_photos/connietexture.jpg

warchild
April 15th, 2010, 15:10
I have an issue with this plane.. My Issue is, I'm BROKE and cant afford it... waaaaaaaaa .. :;sigh:; maybe for my birthday huh?

bazzar
April 16th, 2010, 02:38
It's a tiny bit tricky, you'll need a drop of white paint at the top left(ish) of the tile: AH_ConLeft1_t
just to the right of the part used for the front gear door.Nice looking skin mate.:engel016:

TeiscoDelRay
April 16th, 2010, 15:13
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii22/Warbirds_photos/capitalqueen.jpg

bazzar
April 17th, 2010, 15:23
Excellent Paul!

Don't forget to change the thumbnail...:engel016:

dharris
April 18th, 2010, 05:14
Very nicely done, hope you will release it for the rest of us.

TeiscoDelRay
April 18th, 2010, 11:22
Very nicely done, hope you will release it for the rest of us.

Hi, thank you,,, if you would like this repaint please pm me with your email and I will send it to you or anyone else that wants it.